Jump to content

RESET NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - Discussion thread


 Share

Recommended Posts

Terrible.

 

I was willing to accept a reset and move on, if a problem could clearly be stated, and an explanation could be given as to how the reset would address that problem. This announcement did neither of those things.

 

The 'problems' you described, some people having more money than others, old bases and constructs existing, those aren't problems they are game features. These factors do nothing to impair the experience of other players, and the reset does nothing to prevent them from happening again.

 

Let's face it, NQ have no idea what they're doing. With each update they backpedal, reversing course on previous decisions which were themselves reversals on longstanding standards. NQ are just throwing every idea at the wall to see what sticks, and since nothing is working this is their last desperate attempt to wrangle some subscriptions in hopes that they can keep Dual Universe running a little bit longer.

 

What DU needs is a clear picture of a fun gameplay experience, and a structured pathway for getting there. Most subscribers signed on to DU with the expectation of exploring alien worlds, staking claims, becoming part of a bustling active community and going to war with other communities in a perpetual struggle over land and resources. The creative ship and structure building was just the icing on that cake.

What subscribers actually got was a hollow shell of a combat engine and economic system, both of which actively discourage any sort of conflict and provide an entirely unsatisfying experience when combat does occur.

 

Not a single thing NQ has done over years of development time have moved us any closer to that vision; this reset certainly won't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, McXerXes said:

Question: Its not possible to subcribe more than 12 month. How can i become purchase more gametime?

 

Check out Markee Dragon's store. I've bought a lot of game time there, I stocked up on about three years worth of subs across my alts before the cost went up a few months back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FoolsFolly said:

Terrible.

 

I was willing to accept a reset and move on, if a problem could clearly be stated, and an explanation could be given as to how the reset would address that problem. This announcement did neither of those things.

 

 

This ^

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Koruzarius said:

EDITED TO ADD: I just realized that people got beta keys who were not themselves backers, so I don't know how that factors in!

(original message as follows)

 

I posted this on the DUTT, but this includes what backer levels get what as stated in the video (I'm not a backer, so I don't know exactly what they mean)

Advanced (1-3 months of sub time)
    - 1 mill talent points per month for 6 months at the end of each month. So 6 mill bonus points after 6 months.
    - 100,000 quanta in the same way.
    - Some new items
    - 5 small dynamic core schematics, to make some S-core ships right away
Rare (4-12 months sub time + Iron, Bronze, Silver backers)
    - 2 mill talent points/month
    - 200,000 quanta/month
    - Some more new items
    - The 5 schems from above, + 5 M dynamic core schems
Exotic (13+ months + Gold+ backers)
    - 3 mill talents/month
    - 400,000 quanta/month
    - Some more new items
    - All previous schematics + 5 L core schematics.
This sub time includes time subbed pre-release that hasn't occurred yet. So personally my alt that I made 3 months back and pre-bought a year and a half on will get the top tier, even if launch happens next month.

This is my question also doe all of a Gold tier backers account keys get the Exotic if subbed for the 6 months or only one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

English (Translator used)

Can I use DAC's for BETA-Key Account to take over Blueprint's of these players? 

What about accounts that are superlegate in more than one organisation?

 

Quote

 

German (original)

Kann man DAC's für BETA-Key Account verwenden, um Blueprint's dieser Spieler zu übernehmen? 

Was ist mit Accounts die in mehr als einer Organisation Superlegat sind?

 

 

Die Waldfee
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad NQ is going to reward beta players with some perks at release and is pretty much killing all those beta key alts people have exploited for so long! You guys finally done a good decision!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple questions i have.

do we still get 5 HQ tiles or is HQ going to be removed?

 

do we start with any TU?  they are tier 5 to make so will be difficult to get after wipe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xennon said:

What we need is some kind of loop within the game that allows the universe to progress.

 

People Mine -> Make stuff -> Build ships -> do... something wit hthe ships?  -> Tech up - > Better mining and ships > loop repeats

 

If you don't do something like this then the game will still suffer from the issue it has now which is 'I built some cool ships, made some money and... now what? The ships don't really serve a purpose other than to allow other people to do things a bit quicker until they themselves get bored of doing nothing.

 

Everyone needs a purpose that feeds in to someone elses purpose! Personally I think some kind of exploration element that yields alien tech that can then be used by researchers to produce better schematics etc could do the job. Would give people a reason to go out and explore (beyond rare ore) and an entire new job/purpose for people in the universe to specialise in, and each feeds another profession in a loop.

Expansion being the optimal version of progressing.  Pocket space and/or solar system discovery would drive exploration and provide more locations of interest (i.e. PvP targets).  With the current schematic grind it could take many active accounts working together to discover and then build a gate (deep space probe, wormhole anchor, etc.).  Top that with a massive reduction in higher tier resources at launch to push the drive out into the unknown.  It isn't perfect but expansion alone could give this game something to thrive on for a while.

 

As for alien tech and exploration?  Those are already in the game in some form with Alien Cores, Asteroid Hunting (to then mine), and PvP tracking.  Anyone can mine, but its WAY less tedious with high talents in that category.  Anyone can build a ship, but points in all the buffs gives that ship an edge.  With an active player base there are already enough systems in place for this to be a viable game.  The Beta phase hit a snag and shed most of the active players, but a fresh start and the hype that goes with it could be just what DU needs to survive the short term.  Expansion systems could give medium term viability while future changes are planned and tested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently doing a live stream and we have some questions. Perhaps you will not answer them here, but at least we have our list.

  1. Is there still going to to be a Daily Dole after release and if so how much?
  2. Well we do really want to know when release is going to be.... ????
  3. How much down time will there be between Beta and Release????
  4. Are the safe zones going to stay the same between now and release?
  5. Will we have Dispenser Lua and API by release?
  6. Are there going to be any new systems added pre release (like power or some other system) had to ask just in case.
  7. How many small updates are you planning for?
  8. Are any of the other important numbers going to change for release, like, number of planets, distance between, travel speeds etc. Are ore distributions, and or planetary sources going to change?
  9. What is going to make us the most grumpy that we don't yet know about??? What are you going to surprise us with that don't expect?
  10. Schematic Talents? yes or no?
  11. How much Aphelia buying and selling will happen? ore bots? Where are the faucets? we know where the sinks are. or do we?
  12. any new sizes of elements or industry that we might reasonably expect?
  13. Will Asteroids be available on day one? or when?
  14. Tyim wants to know if Aphelia will ever tell us the truth. CodeInfused and Tordan would like to know that too.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Tordan said:

I'm currently doing a live stream and we have some questions. Perhaps you will not answer them here, but at least we have our list.

  1. Is there still going to to be a Daily Dole after release and if so how much?
  2. Well we do really want to know when release is going to be.... ????
  3. How much down time will there be between Beta and Release????
  4. Are the safe zones going to stay the same between now and release?
  5. Will we have Dispenser Lua and API by release?
  6. Are there going to be any new systems added pre release (like power or some other system) had to ask just in case.
  7. How many small updates are you planning for?
  8. Are any of the other important numbers going to change for release, like, number of planets, distance between, travel speeds etc. Are ore distributions, and or planetary sources going to change?
  9. What is going to make us the most grumpy that we don't yet know about??? What are you going to surprise us with that don't expect?
  10. Schematic Talents? yes or no?
  11. How much Aphelia buying and selling will happen? ore bots? Where are the faucets? we know where the sinks are. or do we?
  12. any new sizes of elements or industry that we might reasonably expect?
  13. Will Asteroids be available on day one? or when?
  14. Tyim wants to know if Aphelia will ever tell us the truth. CodeInfused and Tordan would like to know that too.

These are all very interesting questions! I highly recommend sending them through to 'Ask Aphelia'!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NQ-Rubicon said:

These are all very interesting questions! I highly recommend sending them through to 'Ask Aphelia'!

done. 

although i cheated and sent them as one post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Imagine my surprise.

 

As a funny youtuber always says every time something politically stupid happens irl, 'imagine my shock'.

 

I've always been pro wipe, but the inclusion of talent points to be wiped has me really miffed. As it is, I have almost 100M points currently. The pioneer packs to get me back up to 60M over 6 months is nice, but I really feel like that should be an addition to what we've already accumulated.

 

Short of blueprints, avatar and organization names, NQ program rewards, and the knowledge and experience we've gained, not including talent points. I'm grimacing and coping really hard. I'd always imagined the talent points as the only tangible in-game item that took time to build that would be really useful after launch, well I guess that's dashed. Real disappointed.

 

 

As an aside, I feel like the disbursement of the pioneer pack rewards is somewhat unfair:

  1. If you've been a subscribing member for at least 1 to 3 months of beta up till NOW, not release: Advanced
  2. If you've been a subscribing member for at least 4 to 12 months of beta, or are a KS iron, bronze, silver founder, or are a post-KS contributor backer up till NOW, not release: Rare
  3. If you've been a subscribing member for at least 13+ months of beta, or are a KS gold or above founder, or are a post-KS sponsor or patron backer up till NOW, not release: Exotic

Not having a cutoff of the announcement date cheapens these packs since anyone can get them, or at least until the release date. I envision a ton of 'rare' packs going out.

 

Like the difference between testing and playing, or founders and backers, the verbiage is so important.

 

 

How many times do I have to say it? NQ should have never gone with a 'soft launch' and kept the spirit of the beta test, strictly a test. Hopefully, after this wipe, they'll have figured out that it is not a good idea to let the effects of a bug (1% schematic fire sale for the best example) ripple out. Stop the game, fix the bug, roll back the server, and press play.

 

That's what "beta testing" is for, the effects of this would be negligible, and newer beta players could get a taste of the scheduled pre-/alpha experience. I don't know how this will translate once the game is released, nor the reaction that these small reversions will do to the whole idea of a 'persistent universe', but the seeds could have been planted back in beta, hell, back in alpha once we started going full time.

 

 

I'm hesitant and reserved about the future going forward based on my general beta experience. Alpha 3 had me hopeful, but that hope dissolved as beta progressed. It doesn't appear that DU will make its 1.0 feeling feature complete and truly playable. There's still lots more I think that should be added, old stuff needing further refinement and adjustments, and the whole game a more polished and launch-ready feel. 

 

You only get one chance to make a good first impression... If we're releasing in the sixteen months, I'm anxious. No one will laugh at you for going to a charlie 'test phase', but I doubt that will happen. At this point, I'm just hoping for the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Msoul said:

Appreciate the update. I am sure this decision was not easy but you did an excellent job explaining everything and have now given the playerbase a clear answer.


* for certain definitions of excellent and clear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DarkHorizon said:

I've always been pro wipe, but the inclusion of talent points to be wiped has me really miffed. As it is, I have almost 100M points currently. The pioneer packs to get me back up to 60M over 6 months is nice, but I really feel like that should be an addition to what we've already accumulated.

Before the first talent reset I would have agreed with this line of thought.  Since then I've thought about it in the challenge/reward ratio frame of mind.  There are the bare bones of an MMO here; it is arguable that it would be (slightly) more detrimental to the community in the short term if the talent points did not also reset.  From NQ's perspective it puts a little meat back on the bone before the vultures strip the new world again.  :lol::rolleyes::D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Yeah... Good luck with that! NQ has about the trustworthiness on 'promises' of a stinky old clown handing out lollipops to little children... At this point they are only after your cash!

Yeah, sadly NQ don't have a great track-record keeping promises.

 

(31:58) "Whatever you do after beta starts is going to stay in one way or another... You will get what we call for the moment 'magic blueprints'... blueprints with everything included in it so you will be able to respawn the things as soon as we restart the server. So we don't like to call it 'wipe'... The key thing is the beta is really the start... You can start to invest yourself in the game. We guarantee that you're not going to be losing everything at some point... the universe is blank again, and you have to start from scratch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syku-NmSg4s&t=1918s

 

"With future wipes, as much of your assets as possible will be kept between before and after the wipe, in particular constructs will always be preserved, if necessary with special one-time-use blueprints ("Packaged Blueprints") that do not require ingredients..." ⬇

a57e22ce-a4d5-4f24-92bd-281fcd86309d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if we got ships from people that don't play the game anymore. F those ships I guess.

 

They seriously need to keep the "constructs will always be preserved, if necessary, with special one-time-use blueprints" promise.

 

Actually, I don't even care about going that far, just give us a normal blueprint for all our constructs.

Edited by CredenceH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

Yeah, sadly NQ don't have a great track-record keeping promises.

 

(31:58) "Whatever you do after beta starts is going to stay in one way or another... You will get what we call for the moment 'magic blueprints'... blueprints with everything included in it so you will be able to respawn the things as soon as we restart the server. So we don't like to call it 'wipe'... The key thing is the beta is really the start... You can start to invest yourself in the game. We guarantee that you're not going to be losing everything at some point... the universe is blank again, and you have to start from scratch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syku-NmSg4s&t=1918s

 

"With future wipes, as much of your assets as possible will be kept between before and after the wipe, in particular constructs will always be preserved, if necessary with special one-time-use blueprints ("Packaged Blueprints") that do not require ingredients..." ⬇

a57e22ce-a4d5-4f24-92bd-281fcd86309d.png

THIS! So much. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...