RESET NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - Discussion thread

NQ-Nyota

English (Translator used)

Hello NQ,

My recruited friends from the "Recruid a Friend Programme" are asking if the objects and skill points they have received will be back at RELEASE, or only new players who are recruited will receive them?

This is also true for the double-authentication. Will the skill points only be active for new players?

Also, what about the playing time I got as a recruiter? As a backer, this expired for me even though I didn't need any gametime (especially as a livetime backer). Are these times compensated as DAC?

German (original)

Hallo NQ,

meine geworbenen Freunde aus dem "Recruid a Friend Programm" fragen ob die Objekte und Skillpunkte die Sie bekommen haben zum RELEASE wieder da sind, oder nur neue Spieler die sich werben lassen diese bekommen?

Dieses gilt auch für die Doppelautentifizierung. Werden die Skillpunkte auch hier nur für neue Spieler aktiv?

Außerdem was ist mit der Spielzeit die ich als Werber bekommen habe? Als Backer ist diese für mich abgelaufen obwohl ich keine Gametime brauchte (insbesondere als Livetime Backer). Werden diese Zeiten als DAC ausgeglichen?

Die Waldfee

40 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

Hello NQ,

My recruited friends from the "Recruid a Friend Programme" are asking if the objects and skill points they have received will be back at RELEASE, or only new players who are recruited will receive them?

This is also true for the double-authentication. Will the skill points only be active for new players?

Also, what about the playing time I got as a recruiter? As a backer, this expired for me even though I didn't need any gametime (especially as a livetime backer). Are these times compensated as DAC?

Die Waldfee

I recall there being mention that the 2FA rewards would be reapplied after launch. I'm not sure about the others.

For the recruit-a-friend setup, I'll be taking care not to set my accounts up until after the servers go down before launch, so that the first time I play (and get the rewards) will be at launch itself.

But these are good questions for Ask Aphelia, as I am sure we would all like them to be confirmed.

Hi NQ,

why is it fair to backers higher silver when new players with only one month gametime from Markee-Dragon ($9.99) and a subscript of 12 months gametime ($83.88) (total $93.87), get the same pioneer pack?

The cheapest Gold cost 112$ (Gold Founder Pack (Early Bird)) and more from there.

Also, it would be good if you can buy from Markee-Dragon in € (exchange rate) (so far pricing at NQ).

German (original)

Hallo NQ,

warum ist es gegenüber Backer höher Silber gerecht, wenn neue Spiele mit nur einem Monat gametime von Markee-Dragon (9.99$) und einem Subscript von 12 Monaten Spielzeit (83.88$) (insgesamt 93.87$), den gleichen Pionier Pack bekommen?

Der günstigste Gold hat 112$ (Gold Founder Pack (Early Bird)) gekostet und ab da mehr.

Außerdem währe es gut, wenn man bei Markee-Dragon in € (Wechselkurs) kaufen kann (bisherige Preisgestaltung bei NQ).

Die Waldfee

Edited by huschhusch
+Links

4 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

Hi NQ,

why is it fair to backers higher silver when new players with only one month gametime from Markee-Dragon ($9.99) and a subscript of 12 months gametime ($83.88) (total $93.87), get the same pioneer pack?

The cheapest Gold cost 112$ (Gold Founder Pack (Early Bird)) and more from there.

Also, it would be good if you can buy from Markee-Dragon in € (exchange rate) (so far pricing at NQ).

Die Waldfee

Those players with backer packs have received many other items as part of their packs. Not the least being 2 years of free beta access.

The Pioneer Packs are simply to encourage people to take out reasonably substantial subscriptions at the start of the game, rather than buy 1 month and then leave. This applies to all players, not only backers.

Hello @Distinct Mint

I' m just saying that Gold Backers and above have paid for the ALPHA and BETA.

German (original)

Hallo @Distinct Mint

nur mal so Gold Backer und drüber haben für die ALPHA und BETA bezahlt.

Die Waldfee

50 minutes ago, huschhusch said:

Hello @Distinct Mint

I' m just saying that Gold Backers and above have paid for the ALPHA and BETA.

Die Waldfee

Sure I understand. But alternatively, the alpha packs have paid for the DACs that they contain, and you got the alpha/beta time for free. So you can dice up the initial backer $ contribution up any way that you like. But 3 years of free playtime is probably worth more than a few $ difference between current subscription fees and the alpha pack you bought.

Also don't forget that DAC are worth more (in real $) than the equivalent monthly subscription as they will be tradable in game.

5 hours ago, huschhusch said:

Hi NQ,

Die Waldfee

Greetings huschhusch,

As an Emerald founder you should receive the physical products promised in the Kickstarter, all 5 tiers of in-game pet (when/if we get them), 80 DACs, 2 STUs, lifetime subscription, and multiple cosmetic items.  The boost from the Pioneer pack is available to everyone with subscription time prior to launch and granted (gratis) to the early adopters.  Since the Pioneer pack contains benefits that can impact gameplay it is in everyone's best interest that it is easy to access and not be more potent than already announced.

I saw the notification about Dual Universe coming to Steam, so i looked it some up. It seems like the own player base is just saying the game has nothing to really play with. Basicaly no gameplay. Should i try it out anyways?

Roll game back two when it had real mining 

maybe game will be good again 🤔you know when half of the people stoped playing  games most likely going two be DOA most of the changes made  have not done the game any good in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Zireaa said:

Roll game back two when it had real mining 

maybe game will be good again 🤔you know when half of the people stoped playing  games most likely going two be DOA most of the changes made  have not done the game any good in my opinion 

There is real mining on asteroids, you just need to, you know, fly a ship, in a spaceship game, to get there. 

1 hour ago, Shredder said:

There is real mining on asteroids, you just need to, you know, fly a ship, in a spaceship game, to get there. 

Or stick out your thumb.

3 hours ago, Shredder said:

this is my opinion  if you like it then that’s good for you but I think this is the lazy solution  at least add real asteroids belts you can mine when ever you wish and don’t  require a scanner that costs millions two find them two may be  find nothing and cost me tons of fuel two find nothing planet mining also added a reason two explore planets they could have just made planets regenerate but they chose the easy way out just remove it  so like I sed  I don’t  like it and that’s my opinion  why is it lots of us founders stoped playing and when you go two markets now it’s a ghost town because lots of players don’t like the detection the game has gone in  mining units are garbage as well as the amount you get is crap  let’s make a guess hear I’m going two predict  the game will launch it will be good for a few months within a year the game will get shut down because it was not successful. Because the devs messed their own game up and pushed out the door before it was ready we will see what happens I am watching two sea what hapens  I do want the game two  make it that’s why I’m still hear and have bin since alpha 

On 8/21/2022 at 11:23 AM, Wolfens said:

I saw the notification about Dual Universe coming to Steam, so i looked it some up. It seems like the own player base is just saying the game has nothing to really play with. Basicaly no gameplay. Should i try it out anyways?

There are quite a few, very passionate, beta testers that dislike some of the decisions that have been made. The game itself still has stuff to do, is great fun, and has unbelievable potential. It is part of what makes it frustrating when you don't agree with the decisions.

So the things that the game has going for it, if you are into them, I don't think you will have any worries about the shortcomings. The ability to build whatever base, ship, space stations, or whatever is amazing. You have wonderful variety because the content is all made by players.

There is a lua coding system that lets players write real, DRM protected, code that can run in the game.

These creations are all able to be sold in game. It is a creative person's dream. There is still ongoing balance in terms of pvp, the economy, and some game features were changed or removed due to the fact that they did not scale and caused too many performance issues. We hope that some of these gaps can get filled with more permanent solutions, which is the main reason for the posts with loud opinions. Everyone is shouting theirs over the rest.

EDIT: To everyone else, how about taking a break from arguing to answer a question from a potential new player? I think more players is something we can all agree is a good thing?

14 hours ago, Deathknight said:

EDIT: To everyone else, how about taking a break from arguing to answer a question from a potential new player? I think more players is something we can all agree is a good thing?

How exactly do you envisage this? Everyone talks about how much potential the game has. The game had potential two years ago. The game had potential 4 years ago too. It also had potential when it was introduced on KS in 2016.

But now comes my question. We are going into release next month - when is the potential going to be realised in this game that was in development for 8 years?

I can't tell a new player that things are good that are not good or missing. About missing features, about things that don't work and a feature that was completely changed, that you can't do planetary mining anymore but have to use mining units.

There are so many indicators, just the fact that you didn't see any advertising (or scenes in trailers that don't take place like that), that the Twitch statistics have dropped rapidly (the game is currently at 28 average viewers, that once was at 1000 in August 2020, with every week falling, I had recorded somewhere in the forum here how the case was), that cost-cutting was worked on, that a new CEO was suddenly there - attention, the community had first found out that he was the new one, before NQ said anything. 

Furthermore, employees in key positions quickly resigned (example: former CCP Technical Director Högni Gylfason as CTO who left after less than a year), which can be seen in the public profiles on LinkedIn. And I don't even want to talk about false promises and information, bad or no communication of the developers in the last years, which the players have already experienced since the beta in August 2020.

And I go back to my original question:
How do you imagine that I can enthuse a new player for this game after this text? Especially with the argument that this person has to sign up for a subscription in order to continue playing.

Why shouldn't that person rather play World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic on 26 September?

I would describe the game as follows: It's Landmark in space. The "millions of players" it has always talked about are not there. And it doesn't even manage to show 50 players in one place.

But in the end, everyone has the opportunity to play the game for 2 weeks at release. Then everyone will decide for themselves how long they want to stay with it. It can be assumed that many will be there for the first 2 months, as with any other mmorpg.

But it will be interesting to see what happens after these 2 months.

Ok - just have to get this off my chest:   I liked the game a LOT more at 0.22.  I thought replacing the mining approach was ok - until I saw someone with 80+ mining units in a single segment.  That does NOT look exciting.  Shields are cool, will give them that.  Emphasis on PVP when the rest of the game is in such bad shape was annoying.

Don't know how, but honestly feel they need to stop (perhaps in 3-6 months when players drop?), go back to the original premise of a player driven sandbox, and abolish the trend of "Its a sandbox, you can play it anyway you want... so long as we agree with your approach.  If you don't, we will force you to agree to our approach."

If 2 week free accounts at launch can start at the same time as all of us,  won't the free accounts take spots close to ports then high chance of quiting. Then we may have to pick spots farther away? How about letting us a 12-24 hr head start to select our first location? 

1 hour ago, VrArchitect said:

If 2 week free accounts at launch can start at the same time as all of us,  won't the free accounts take spots close to ports then high chance of quiting. Then we may have to pick spots farther away? How about letting us a 12-24 hr head start to select our first location? 

You realize the free trial accounts are not going to be in the same server right?

1 hour ago, CyberDay said:

You realize the free trial accounts are not going to be in the same server right?

1 hour ago, VrArchitect said:

Ohh, I didn't. Then rock on! Thanks

The "trial" accounts will be on a different server.  There is also a gratis two weeks of game time being offered to prior players to get some of them to return. I suspect they will be on the subscription server at launch. 

20 hours ago, Wyndle said:

The "trial" accounts will be on a different server.  There is also a gratis two weeks of game time being offered to prior players to get some of them to return. I suspect they will be on the subscription server at launch. 

Correct, he specifically said trial accounts so that's why I referred to that. The 2 week free for people who have paid but are now lapsed will be on the main server.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this is a duplicate question but this is a long thread.

Does anyone know if the game time obtained from the refer a friend program counts towards the post-wipe rewards (i.e. if I got 1 month from the referer program and then bought 12 months does that get me the 'exotic' tier)?

11 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Apologies if this is a duplicate question but this is a long thread.

Does anyone know if the game time obtained from the refer a friend program counts towards the post-wipe rewards (i.e. if I got 1 month from the referer program and then bought 12 months does that get me the 'exotic' tier)?

Extremely unlikely. The 13 months is for subscription that your account has paid, not were gifted.