BOO crashed the SW pvp Event, was good fun and generated content :D

ELX987

The star wars "event" was stupid anyway. Has no place in DU. Like, is that what DU is gonna be? Hosting stolen IP events once every 2 months so you can circle jerk over a different franchise? I'd rather see DU progress, no regress. And any measures taken by NQ to sanction a stupid ass star wars event and regulate it is straight regression.  Move forwards not backwards. This game isnt star wars.  

3 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The star wars "event" was stupid anyway. Has no place in DU. Like, is that what DU is gonna be? Hosting stolen IP events once every 2 months so you can circle jerk over a different franchise? I'd rather see DU progress, no regress. And any measures taken by NQ to sanction a stupid ass star wars event and regulate it is straight regression.  Move forwards not backwards. This game isnt star wars.  

Just cause people like star wars and you don't doesn't make a star wars themed event regression. This game has done nothing but back track since .23 and now orgs are participating in its demise. Pretty sure its BOO's toxicity regressing shit in this instance, not NQ and definitely not a group of players getting together to have fun. You just hate star wars which is your purgative. No one cares. 

25 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The star wars "event" was stupid anyway. Has no place in DU.

I guess you are not a science fiction fan.

But I'm gonna try to explain it in a simple way:

Imagine a group of PPL, that love shooting adventures. In the 70's there were 3 types of shooting adventures. Cowboys, Spies and WW2. Ppl were getting tired of cowboys, spies and ww2 were too real to be fun.

Jorge Lucas figured out that if they made a vast universe with remote lawless areas, he could have "space cowboys"

Instead of a horse, they had a ship. Instead of a father figure they had jedis to provide a moral validation.

At that time ppl were able to dream about freedom, wild adventures, saving princesses, fighting against evil, not as something far away in the past. But something yet to come in the future.

Can you understand how DU is appealing for fans of Star Wars?

Can you understand how Star Wars impacted every science fiction tittle?

So to answer your question.

DU and Star Wars are related by the fans.

Star Wars fans are an important target group to be players of DU.

Du players will react positively to Star Wars content, making players already in game, dream a little longer and maintain their subscription.

BOO member here!

Hi all

I had lots of fun yesterday at the event and even more after on DU Discord with all the Salt there!

1st and above all to compare our actions ingame to who we are IRL it's just pathetic and you should all just got back to your moms basement and cry (see what i did here saying you are crying babies IRL and still living @ moms?).

You can call it whatever you want about what we did. We did it because we want it to and because we could. Simple as that and without any excuses!

Don't want that to repeat again? Just be better. Either at planing, defensing, secrets doesn't matter.

And if you stop playing a game because you cannot fly you SW ships into PVP zone (I do Love those SW ships btw. Some great work there!!!) then DU wasn't the game for you in the 1st place.

And for joaocordeiro and iNFiDeL ... you are our best propaganda players. Please keep the good work!!!! We really love that!

31 minutes ago, Skilo said:

We did it because we want it to and because we could. Simple as that and without any excuses!

Its nice to see a person who does not make excuses. 

I like ppl like you. 

Ppl like you can debate things. 

I understand that. I understand what is like to plan an attack, execute it, feel the success of it. 

To tell you the truth, if this game is a success, i want to do what you do. 

To hunt my pray. To say "hold it, hold it.. NOW!" 

But the thing is that you and your friends are doing it too son. 

I understand the importance of piracy to the game and more importantly to make powerfull orgs not feel too confident. 

I understand how it is hard to train coordination and chain of command to later be idle for weeks without a target. 

I was a officer on a arma3 clan. We demand that soldiers train and obey orders, they demand action. 

But the rest of the community and the state of the development of DU are not ready for you guys. 

Its a sad truth but its the truth. 

So you have a choice to make, and its your choice not ours. 

Do you want to let the game grow, the enemy grow.

Letting ppl pass by your net because you know they are small fry. 

Allowing events. 

Engaging in pvp against yourselves to keep motivation.

Or you harvest all the seeds in the ground not allowing them to grow. 

You hunt every prey until all prey has quit DU. 

But then DU is dead. No more hunting. 

7 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I don't think the idea is to get a group together to "stand against BOO" as that is precisely what you are after and it really does not at all align with what I consider to be the intent of DU as it's not a PVP centric game. There needs to be ways for members of BOO to be truly outlaws, they need to not be entirely safe in safezones and should potentially be subject to capture and prosecution for their crimes against civilization. That however is probably way beyond what NQ can achieve in the years to come.

Thats EXACTLY why there shouldn't be a safezone, who ever is powerful enough to control the land decides the rules and enforce those laws on their ppl. Pirates and outlaws wouldn't be safe, they would have to hide and fight for their survival. Unless you mean a couple of pirates can take over and control all of DU with no resistance... and to that, I can only say that I appreciate your faith in us, but we're not that good. 

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Imagine a group of PPL, that love shooting adventures. In the 70's there were 3 types of shooting adventures. Cowboys, Spies and WW2. Ppl were getting tired of cowboys, spies and ww2 were too real to be fun.

Jorge Lucas figured out that if they made a vast universe with remote lawless areas, he could have "space cowboys"

Instead of a horse, they had a ship. Instead of a father figure they had jedis to provide a moral validation.

what you're saying here is that Star Wars was great because it was a new take on old concepts, something inovative, now apply that to DU. Instead of hosting make believe SW fights, write NEW history, the history of DU, it will be a story much like SW, but fresh and intresting.

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

At that time ppl were able to dream about freedom, wild adventures, saving princesses, fighting against evil, not as something far away in the past. But something yet to come in the future.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

11 minutes ago, smurfenq said:

what you're saying here is that Star Wars was great because it was a new take on old concepts, something inovative, now apply that to DU. Instead of hosting make believe SW fights, write NEW history, the history of DU, it will be a story much like SW, but fresh and intresting.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Love how you guys are blaming star wars for being pieces of shit. 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Its nice to see a person who does not make excuses. 

I like ppl like you. 

Ppl like you can debate things. 

I understand that. I understand what is like to plan an attack, execute it, feel the success of it. 

To tell you the truth, if this game is a success, i want to do what you do. 

To hunt my pray. To say "hold it, hold it.. NOW!" 

But the thing is that you and your friends are doing it too son. 

I understand the importance of piracy to the game and more importantly to make powerfull orgs not feel too confident. 

I understand how it is hard to train coordination and chain of command to later be idle for weeks without a target. 

I was a officer on a arma3 clan. We demand that soldiers train and obey orders, they demand action. 

But the rest of the community and the state of the development of DU are not ready for you guys. 

Its a sad truth but its the truth. 

So you have a choice to make, and its your choice not ours. 

Do you want to let the game grow, the enemy grow.

Letting ppl pass by your net because you know they are small fry. 

Allowing events. 

Engaging in pvp against yourselves to keep motivation.

Or you harvest all the seeds in the ground not allowing them to grow. 

You hunt every prey until all prey has quit DU. 

But then DU is dead. No more hunting. 

Hello everyone, Sylva, leader of Band Of Outlaws here.

This thread, the official DU discord and the Memeserver have all gotten a lot of traffic and I thought I would drop by and leave some of my thoughts here for you all. I acknowledge and understand that the Star Wars fans who created the event feel that we, BOO and some of our allies, when crashing their event yesterday, "ruined it." And yes, Skilo has it right when he says that we did it because we could. Those of you who are arguing against the Star Wars IP being in the game... well, tbh, I love Star Wars, it has inspired more than one generation of space dreamers, and hopefully, many more to come. That having been said, there is more to this story (and hopefully, for the story of Dual Universe). 

We originally had someone sign up for the Star Wars event who was building a legit PvP meta Star Wars ship. At the time, I was advised that we were also giving info to the Star Wars group on how to build PvP meta ships, and that advice was generally not followed/heeded. As the date loomed closer it became apparent that the ship, according to our standards, was only about 10% complete, and so our member withdrew from the Star Wars event. 

We then heard that ATOM was being paid to provide security for the event, and that was when we decided to party crash it. 

The thing is, when you look at what Dual Universe intends to be, a civilization building game - there should, in my opinion, player made safe zones in which events like this could be held in. This is an event that you would hold in the heart of an area that has an enforced edge of space, so pirate incursions would be few and far between (and not be without repercussions). We very much support this. We expect to be hunted down because of our actions. We will be disappointed if we aren't. 

We already don't hunt the small fries. We already do not pursue freighters and small ships. We have historically only hunted the larger org tagged ships. Our groups already PvP against each other. We haven't done a PvP event since the End of the World event in December. Since then we have only had solos and small groups go out for PvP, which has still been few and far between. Mostly we have been doing the same as everyone else, recovering from the .23 patch, mining, industry, and building more ships. We got bored. We crashed the party and ruined a lot of hard work, and for what? Some laughs... and hoping to fight some ATOM and some hopefully buffed Star Wars capital ships. 

As to the idea of waiting for DU to grow more... you may very well get what you request. BOO has diversified our gaming interests. We are playing Valheim, Starbase, and Last Oasis in addition to Dual Universe now. Don't worry though, we're still around and will still be active in Dual Universe. We will sporadically come out and throw down. So try to be prepared for us. Build meta ships. Bring your friends. You don't know when we will strike. 

Prepare for the changes that are coming. 

11 hours ago, Lethys said:

Sadly no because obviously you did" a dick move" when you play by the rules according to @joaocordeiro

Strawman is straw...
Like has been mentioned before, it's not against the "rules" of Earth to start playing soccer during a basketball game. However, it's not done because people respect others' wishes and are able to control themselves.

Think about it. those starwars ships are themed and thus not optimal from any DU point of view... That's the RP experience.  They are playing a game within a game...
 Then BOO turn up in their generic DU optimised PvP ships and will basically wipe the floor given equal numbers and skill...

This IS PvP but it's not respectful of other people's playstyles.

Still we live in a world where people just say: "It's not against the rules so yeah... I can do what I want. Fuck you! Fuck your playstyle, Fuck your wishes... My fun is more important than yours... Basically."

Aaaaand we're back to playing soccer in the middle of basketball match.

In the real world, we don't have to cater to ever eventuality on all occasions (no need for heavily armed guards for every community event in most "civilised" countries) because there are social contracts that protect us... And consequences for actions in some cases. And when these break down, we end up with riots, Capitol storming and anarchy.

The old adages

"Locks are there to keep people honest, not to keep people out."

and

"Fences make good neighbours" are both true...

In this game there are no locks and no fences...  But there need to be.

8 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

Strawman is straw...
Like has been mentioned before, it's not against the "rules" of Earth to start playing soccer during a basketball game. However, it's not done because people respect others' wishes and are able to control themselves.

Think about it. those starwars ships are themed and thus not optimal from any DU point of view... That's the RP experience.  They are playing a game within a game...
 Then BOO turn up in their generic DU optimised PvP ships and will basically wipe the floor given equal numbers and skill...

Still we live in a world where people just say: "It's not against the rules so yeah... I can do what I want. Fuck you! Fuck your playstyle, Fuck your wishes... My fun is more important than yours... Basically."

In the real world, we don't have to cater to ever eventuality on all occasions (no need for heavily armed guards for every community event in most "civilised" countries) because there are social contracts that protect us... And consequences for actions in some cases. And when these break down, we end up with riots, Capitol storming and anarchy.

The old adages

and

Couldn’t say it better myself, since it’s a video game they seem to forget that decency they are supposed to have as human beings. I may talk a lot of shit but I haven’t done anything with the express purpose to ruin the experience of others gameplay only tried to make it better. Cant say the same for these goons. 

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

They are. 

To extent, I think, all endless (in special cases -- hysterical) shit-talking produced by some aspiring PvPers during Alpha kinda convinced NQs itching hand to make larger SZ and overall go current rather clumsy worldbuiding, because they were scared about abuses fresh players may experience from such "dangerous" folk around.

So, in way, local PvPers kinda have habit of shooting in their feet with some good buckshot rounds.

And while NQ not intervened directly, internaly they likely* on side of eventers and this may even reinforce idea of private arenas intances and all this way around issue. Future of SZs is also open and related question.

* because so far, empirically, NQ always try to cover butts of more casual/peaceful players.

3 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Strawman is straw...

The old adages

and

oh it IS against the rules because you can't touch the ball with your hands in soccer. so that analogy STILL is garbage. In DU, there are no balls. just a court with ppl in it and some vaguely shaped balls which ppl have to figure out what to do with them.

everyone can play the game as he wishes within the confines of the game - ergo you can be han solo and fight against the empire, be a hermite trader on the outskirts or you can have all kinds of events from different IPs (I personally don't care if it's copyrighted or not - that's up to NQ to decide). but you have to take into account the confines of the game too - here: the pvp zone.

RL analogies don't work here either because there are NO severe consequences to any action - I don't get to go to jail nor do I die if I do anything ingame.

So I still don't see the point here because those RP guys could've done MUCH to prevent this, but they didn't. It's a friggin game and not RL - preparing such an event with third party crashers in mind IS PART OF IT, because that's what the pvp zone does. ppl could've planned for this. traps, more security, having scouts on scanners around the area and much more - but obviously it's more simple to just offend pvpers on discord and the forums - because THAT'S totally not autistic.

I said this for YEARS now and I will continue to say it until NQ finally gets it: YES OFC this is about the EULA and TOS too and if they don't finally get their asses up and get some well written document out there, these kinds of squabbles will always happen. Regarless of how you feel about it or how unfair you deem it that is the only important thing and nothing you or anyone ever says will change the fact that it is explicitly allowed by NQ. This is a fundamental descicion NQ has to make (allow it or not) or create safespaces for those ppl who can't deal with the harsh reality of a game.

Plus this isn't about "I can do what i want. Fuck you!" this is about "I can do what I want but so can you - may the better one prepared prevail"

6 hours ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

We then heard that ATOM was being paid to provide security for the event, and that was when we decided to party crash it. 

Frankly, fair enough (from a "pirate perspective" I can see that). Especially if you "crashing" the event was (mostly) engaging the security org..

6 hours ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

We will sporadically come out and throw down. So try to be prepared for us. Build meta ships. Bring your friends. You don't know when we will strike. 

Nah.. I'd not agree to "build/fight as we do or else.." ;) .. Provided BOO plays the game and does not play the person, my in game activities, if they ever get revived, would not likely be on their radar anyway..

Build/fight as we do is so untrue. Most of the ships there were built by me, I couldn't give a rats ass about min maxing or chasing the latest BS 100% hidden element cube meta or whatever. I do what I enjoy, thankfully NQ's willing to do a PVP revemp which will remove a lot of the BS that breaks the game

The fact that this one forum post... in the span of 36 hours has gained more salt, hype, attention and fire than most other posts in the past 5 weeks says a lot about PVP and why NQ should really make it better.

It is the milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard in day light

It would make DU better.... Damn right

It would be better than EvE we could teach you

and you could finally charge ...

La LA La la Laaaaa

for a game worth playing

La La La La LAAaaaa

8 hours ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

Wait, what? I need to update my first post:

People are planning a battle event in the PvP zone with a Star Wars theme so that they do PvP, although it is only RP and not PvP. The whole thing is supposed to happen under the supervision of an org that is responsible for security, because they are expecting trouble, otherwise they wouldn't call in security. 

Now the players complain that they were disturbed by another group because they could not do their RP battle in a PVP zone that is accessible to everyone. On top of that, they complain because BOO is providing content to ATOM, which was apparently responsible for the security? Imagine a security company suddenly having to work. :D

No matter what happens in this thread. The drama, the salt and the immature behaviour have at least brought some life into this joint.

7 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Absolute proof that scum like other’s pain more than the game itself. ? 

Absolute proof that i'm still playing and enjoying the game! And about RP ... it's funny how everyone defends that SW fans can RP without any RL insults but if i want to be a pirat (RP also) then thats because i'm scum .... LOL .... oh and yes i do understand that my RP needs others being atacked, spied and other activities but that's my INGAME choice. Now get a life and stop insulting people RL!!!!