BOO crashed the SW pvp Event, was good fun and generated content :D

ELX987

32 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Except hosting events in a pvp area. 

Those are not events those are all out massacres of cheep that dared to cross the fence. 

If you want to host an event in pvp space and dont want to get randomly attacked, take precautions. Don't post the coordinates everywhere and hope people don't attack you out of the kindness of their hearts. 

Also, Blaze, do not speak of BOOs intentions when you clearly know very little. Yes our end goal is for pvp to be fun and engaging, but generally all the things we want also help the community. We want better designed industry and well thought out energy mechanics. We want more pvp options both on the offense and defense side. We want mining to not be a soul crushing endeavor. We want player markets and a well designed mission system. You can look through these forums and see our members pounding the table for these systems. 

16 hours ago, fiddlybits said:

Whether it's rude or not has nothing to do with the rules. If a group is playing basket ball at a park;  you can run onto the court, kick the ball, and yell "Let's play soccer!" If you don't steal the ball, it's not illegal. It's still rude.

Exactly, but BOO no understand. These nerds are rping being meat heads. 

12 minutes ago, Noddles said:

If you want to host an event in pvp space and dont want to get randomly attacked, take precautions. Don't post the coordinates everywhere and hope people don't attack you out of the kindness of their hearts. 

Also, Blaze, do not speak of BOOs intentions when you clearly know very little. Yes our end goal is for pvp to be fun and engaging, but generally all the things we want also help the community. We want better designed industry and well thought out energy mechanics. We want more pvp options both on the offense and defense side. We want mining to not be a soul crushing endeavor. We want player markets and a well designed mission system. You can look through these forums and see our members pounding the table for these systems. 

Nothing about what you guys did helps the community. What you do outside of the event is irrelevant no one cares that you are pounding tables. You ruined the event plain and simple. It was trolling period.

Well nothing more to say here. Its quite clear that for you this is a game to be played as you want to play. No matter the consequences of that. 

Every one can see all the details of your gameplay, nothing was hidden. 

I mainly blame NQ here not you. 

NQ failed to balance pvp away from meta. 

NQ failed to create conditions for this events like consented PVP zones. 

NQ failed to actively protect this events. 

NQ removed any direct way for players to ask for help. 

NQ failed to understand that your kind of player is very common and quite incompatible with the "civilization building game" they envisioned. 

NQ ignored player warnings, requests and suggestions about all the above. 

NQ, not you. 

My only beef with you guys is that you dont mind the sinking ship. And while we are all with buckets trying to take the water out, you are playing checkers to have fun. 

1 hour ago, iNFiDeL said:

Nothing about what you guys did helps the community. What you do outside of the event is irrelevant no one cares that you are pounding tables. You ruined the event plain and simple. It was trolling period.

You make it sound like our goal was anything outside of crashing the event. And again, we really didnt damage the actual SW ships all that much. We just shot up the ATOM body guards. I'd say we helped the community quite a bit. The discord was more active after the event than it has been in weeks. Not to mention some people are now thinking of new ways to avoid it happening again. Deravi for all his credit didn't start boo-hissing after it happened. He said "Heres what we can do next time to make sure that it doesn't happen again". Thats good! Thats content! That is precisely what everyone should have done. 

39 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Well nothing more to say here. Its quite clear that for you this is a game to be played as you want to play. No matter the consequences of that. 

Every one can see all the details of your gameplay, nothing was hidden. 

I mainly blame NQ here not you. 

NQ failed to balance pvp away from meta. 

NQ failed to create conditions for this events like consented PVP zones. 

NQ failed to actively protect this events. 

NQ removed any direct way for players to ask for help. 

NQ failed to understand that your kind of player is very common and quite incompatible with the "civilization building game" they envisioned. 

NQ ignored player warnings, requests and suggestions about all the above. 

NQ, not you. 

My only beef with you guys is that you dont mind the sinking ship. And while we are all with buckets trying to take the water out, you are playing checkers to have fun. 

NQ has no responsibility to protect ingame events. Tbh they have no right to do so. If they want to say that this is a player made game, then this is what they must deal with. And why do you keep bringing up this "civilization" aspect? At no point in human history has there been a singular civilization. All of the big orgs have made different civilizations. BOO functions quite differently from NG who work quite differently from ODY. When territory warfare comes you might even see that become more obvious. If its possible for one org or an alliance to control a planet, then theyll do it and form their own civilization.

4 minutes ago, Noddles said:

You make it sound like our goal was anything outside of crashing the event. And again, we really didnt damage the actual SW ships all that much. We just shot up the ATOM body guards. I'd say we helped the community quite a bit. The discord was more active after the event than it has been in weeks. Not to mention some people are now thinking of new ways to avoid it happening again. Deravi for all his credit didn't start boo-hissing after it happened. He said "Heres what we can do next time to make sure that it doesn't happen again". Thats good! Thats content! That is precisely what everyone should have done. 

NQ has no responsibility to protect ingame events. Tbh they have no right to do so. If they want to say that this is a player made game, then this is what they must deal with. And why do you keep bringing up this "civilization" aspect? At no point in human history has there been a singular civilization. All of the big orgs have made different civilizations. BOO functions quite differently from NG who work quite differently from ODY. When territory warfare comes you might even see that become more obvious. If its possible for one org or an alliance to control a planet, then theyll do it and form their own civilization.

You ruined the event period. Devari may give it a shot but I'll be mind blown if anything near as many as we had show up for second round of BOO trolls.

7 minutes ago, Noddles said:

All of the big orgs have made different civilizations.

You clearly dont understand what a civilization is, at least in the eyes of NQ. 

Also, "player driven" is not "player made" and even less "100% player made"

NQ can and should create the conditions for promoting events to happen. As long as those events dont change the balance of the game, NQ can create small protected pockets without being accused of interference.

Here's a random idea to those complaining about the pvp intervation. I don't know, it's random and may not be rational

Next time, how about instead of hosting a public non-pvp based show and tell event in a ffa pvp game, you host it in the safe zones so your castles aren't knocked over by the oceans waves when you build it in mid ocean. 

Or if you insist on continuing to host a public event in a ffa pvp game on the pvp zones. You bring enough fire power to protect such event from perfectly authorized and legit with in the TOS fair pvp intervation by other parties.

Just a thought though. Though my brain may not be properly functioning 

2 minutes ago, Dynaex said:

Here's a random idea to those complaining about the pvp intervation. I don't know, it's random and may not be rational

Next time, how about instead of hosting a public non-pvp based show and tell event in a ffa pvp game, you host it in the safe zones so your castles aren't knocked over by the oceans waves when you build it in mid ocean. 

Or if you insist on continuing to host a public event in a ffa pvp game on the pvp zones. You bring enough fire power to protect such event from perfectly authorized and legit with in the TOS fair pvp intervation by other parties.

Just a thought though. Though my brain may not be properly functioning 

XD BOO using fake alt account to bump the Propaganda thread. 

Just now, Dynaex said:

TFWhen you don't have a perfect response to a logical well thought-out idea so defer to accusing bystanders of being involved with such party. 

10/10 effort was made

I'm pretty sure your still on a fake account but I'll bite. 

1. Can't have rp pvp in non pvp zone.

2. Your account was made in August and you haven't said anything till now, hella sus. 

3. Not even in the discord. 

You are probably just a alt account BOO needed for a propaganda poll or something before. Could be wrong but doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, iNFiDeL said:

I'm pretty sure your still on a fake account but I'll bite. 

1. Can't have rp pvp in non pvp zone.

2. Your account was made in August and you haven't said anything till now, hella sus. 

3. Not even in the discord. 

You are probably just a alt account BOO needed for a propaganda poll or something before. Could be wrong but doubt it. 

1. Don't call it RP pvp in an open PvP server or you end up with results like the ones you're discussing here. 

2. My join date has nothing to do with the topic and is not the point here.

3. NQ has IP logs on everything and they can confirm im not a BOO shill. But that's beside the point. 

Going back to topic because you seem to like to defer away from it a lot. Any entity is entitled to an open PvP interaction with any entity in or going through a low sec PVP authorized area.

Therefore, it now falls particularly completely in your hands to bring enough security to defend yourself in such areas.

You failed to do so, no you see the results.

4. That being said, defer back to my original first post in these forums stating my not so irrational suggestion. 

4 hours ago, Lethys said:

That was never pitched tho. It was always promoted as an open sandbox with some safe zones and the rest pvp area. Ofc such a system leads to what happened here but that was clear from the start. No one really disputed that and I know of a time back in 2014 when we told NQ what this entails. You know what they did. Nothing and ignored it

A creative mode was never pitched, a permanent safezone around three planets and their moons was never pitched.

38 minutes ago, Dynaex said:

Therefore, it now falls particularly completely in your hands to bring enough security to defend yourself in such areas.

We never said BOO has broken any rule.
Just that out of all things that BOO could be doing in that day, from participating on the event with 100 T fighters and one start destroyer to simply continue to hunt freight next to pvp borders, BOO instead chose to crash the event.

Players - we are bored, nothing to do but mine, we are thinking about quitting this game if it does not improve.

NQ - we don't care.

Event organizers - Hey, lets meet up with some Star Wars themed ships and figure out some fair fights.

Players - we don't know, probably not worth the time.

Event organizers - wait, it's gonna be fun, and we won't rob anyone's ship, just mock-up battle.

Players - May be fun, lets give it a try. Maybe we can even make a nice video for YouTube showing how fun DU can be

BOO - Fun? Videos? Events? How dare you?! You are only prey, prey needs to die, NOW.

-----

BOO - It was really fun killing all GG

Players - But it was an event

BOO - Thank you for informing us

Players - But it was for DU promotion

BOO - What promotion? Killing you all is all the of promotion the game needs

Players - But you didn't really need to do it

BOO - Playing the game we want is more important than all that

I just accused them for doing a dick move. One that helps to sink the ship faster. For what? Just Ego.

9 minutes ago, Dynaex said:

1. Don't call it RP pvp in an open PvP server or you end up with results like the ones you're discussing here. 

2. My join date has nothing to do with the topic and is not the point here.

3. NQ has IP logs on everything and they can confirm im not a BOO shill. But that's beside the point. 

Going back to topic because you seem to like to defer away from it a lot. Any entity is entitled to an open PvP interaction with any entity in or going through a low sec PVP authorized area.

You failed to do so, no you see the results.

4. That being said, defer back to my original first post in these forums stating my not so irrational suggestion. 

Theres nothing to defer away from guy, everyone here knows BOO was clearly allowed to do what they did I don't think its a god damn secret this game is an OPEN WORLD PARTIALLY PVP GAME, that aside most people complaining are complaining towards the integrity of the org who seems to think its cooler to crash the party then to be a part of it which is counter productive to the community. Sorry I called you trolls out for being just that. No one watched and said "hey I wanna pvp now because of what BOO did" all you did was turn more people off in the community to the thought of trying it because people like you make it a toxic experience, I'll stick to my warp drive till Starbase comes around thanks. To those of you in the comments bringing up EVE, no one cares that you pvp'd in EVE. Being good at pvp in this game or EVE is like being the fastest guy in fat camp. No ones impressed enjoy your sh*tty trophy and stfu.

5 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The original pitch from JC is the ONLY reason i'm here, as it directly appealed to the type of game I want to play. Player driven, open world pvp, safe zones, but small.  High tier ore in pvp zones.  Pirates, wars, building, alliances, espionage.   All those things.  Guess what the fuck DU was NEVER promoted with.  "come here so you can enter into events and steal other well known Sci-fi intellectual properties, and exclude those you dont want."

I see very little of what you seem to want in the original pitch made for the game, the main difference being that you put PVP front and center which it is not, will not be and was never intended to be.

Oh, and using a SW theme for events in a game is not "stealing IP" as it is entirely allowed as per the fan content rules set out by Lucasfilm/Disney.

2 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I see very little of what you seem to want in the original pitch made for the game, the main difference being that you put PVP front and center which it is not, will not be and was never intended to be.

Oh, and using a SW theme for events in a game is not "stealing IP" as it is entirely allowed as per the fan content rules set out by Lucasfilm/Disney.

Truth

1 minute ago, iNFiDeL said:

Oh also incase my words aren't enough to emphasize how much you picked the wrong game for pvp, notice how there are virtually no streamers/youtubers focusing on this part of the game. 

Well, to be fair. Then entire PVP mechanics sucks to a point that no one thinks that showing it will promote the game.

But some PPL see this broken mechanics as Beta period where we can test and report what is happening to NQ.

Others see those broken mechanics as tools to play and win the game. And players refraining from using those broken mechanics as weak players that need to be taken advantage from.