Jump to content

Market Clean-Up discussion thread


NQ-Pann
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

 

I'm pretty sure there is a dead zone of unclaimable tile within that range.

There is not, least not at all markets.

Market 3 on madis for example has the majority of tiles owned around the single market tile owned by a group of players collaborating on a city project. Market 3 construct itself pails in comparison next to NovaX and the MTI Buildings nearby- and has largely been tastefully integrated into the cityscape. We're more than happy to try and follow the rules, and will be taking down/removing any constructs that may fall outside the new guidelines.

The question is though, can we still get full use of our fully player owned tiles? Like, can we build to the edge? Most(almost all) of our primary structures are below the market height) though there is a nearby tall building that falls within 2km of the markets airspace, but is fully on a player owned tile. Likewise, can we not use screens nearby on several tiles next to the market? as they'd be within 2km of the market and would encase the entire player owned tile.

As it is, Market 3 on Madis is within 100m of the border to one of our tiles. Do these new market rules extend fully onto it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

 

I'm pretty sure there is a dead zone of unclaimable tile within that range.

I already own a tile within 2 km radius. Actually all markets outside of pioneer zone have same situation. 

No dead zone possible anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

There is not, least not at all markets.

Market 3 on madis for example has the majority of tiles owned around the single market tile owned by a group of players collaborating on a city project. Market 3 construct itself pails in comparison next to NovaX and the MTI Buildings nearby- and has largely been tastefully integrated into the cityscape. We're more than happy to try and follow the rules, and will be taking down/removing any constructs that may fall outside the new guidelines.

The question is though, can we still get full use of our fully player owned tiles? Like, can we build to the edge? Most(almost all) of our primary structures are below the market height) though there is a nearby tall building that falls within 2km of the markets airspace, but is fully on a player owned tile. Likewise, can we not use screens nearby on several tiles next to the market? as they'd be within 2km of the market and would encase the entire player owned tile.

As it is, Market 3 on Madis is within 100m of the border to one of our tiles. Do these new market rules extend fully onto it?

 

@NQ-Pann - This is important question. This needs to be defined in rules before they will get effective. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sawafa said:

What does "container construct" mean? Is it the construct which has only 1 container (what size?) or multiple containers (and only one construct... dyn. core L, for example) combined into hub (multiple hubs?) are also allowed?

A dynamic construct with no movement capability( no hovers, no engines no cockpit), full of containers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Turing said:

i guess that skeleton statue was the straw that broke the camels back lol

idk. That skeleton is about the only user construct at D6M that I thought added any value... but clearing the markets of junk is long overdue and I applaud the new rules.

 

Dodging advertising that collectively blocks the entrance is exhausting and I really don't like little bird PBs spying on me. In a game where you can't automate a gun, you shouldn't be able to automate intel gathering either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

 

I'm pretty sure there is a dead zone of unclaimable tile within that range.

At the district markets, yes, but not at any other market. M16 on Ali for example has two space elevators in adjacent tiles. (One of them may only be an AGG platform).

 

I would approve of requiring such towers to be removed - with fair quanta compensation or magic BPs to the owners of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

At the district markets, yes, but not at any other market. M16 on Ali for example has two space elevators in adjacent tiles. (One of them may only be an AGG platform).

 

I would approve of requiring such towers to be removed - with fair quanta compensation or magic BPs to the owners of course.

I don't think they fully fleshed out these rules before posting them, it's obvious it's primarily for tackling the landfill that is the markets on Alioth.

There is an obvious gap in logic/rules and NQ needs to specify where the line is drawn in situations like this. It's one thing to enforce these rules fully for Aphelia owned tiles- it's another to enforce them on player tiles that have existing structures... the rules and wording is conflicting in this scenario.

it's an edge case, but one that affects several people on this thread it seams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BlindingBright said:

I don't think they fully fleshed out these rules before posting them, it's obvious it's primarily for tackling the landfill that is the markets on Alioth.

There is an obvious gap in logic/rules and NQ needs to specify where the line is drawn in situations like this. It's one thing to enforce these rules fully for Aphelia owned tiles- it's another to enforce them on player tiles that have existing structures... the rules and wording is conflicting in this scenario.

it's an edge case, but one that affects several people on this thread it seams.

NQ publishing something that's not ready yet? What? I have never seen this before EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#sarcasm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Container construct near the market bit.

How does this effect people who have dropped 3 to 6 Container L's with Container hubs, voxels and signage? (i.e. Mission collection points)?

In my case, I have made sure that my construct doesn't get in the way at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

idk. That skeleton is about the only user construct at D6M that I thought added any value... but clearing the markets of junk is long overdue and I applaud the new rules.

 

Dodging advertising that collectively blocks the entrance is exhausting and I really don't like little bird PBs spying on me. In a game where you can't automate a gun, you shouldn't be able to automate intel gathering either.


For the bird
 

They were completely useless now, no one not came to collect the information.
The gamer who build this has leaves Dual Universe due to Shadow's inability to provide functional virtual machine service.

For once it wasn't NQ's fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This great news. Now how long are ships allowed to stay at the market landing pads. I have seen some that have parked their ship at a market months ago and they're still there now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey NQ, for future reference, when you make a rule change like this - forcing some of us to go around with a few days notice and remove constructs from a bunch of markets - it would be neat if you also gave us some tools to make deconstructing and fetching a bunch of constructs easier, e.g.: a 'deconstruct' option that just collapses a construct into parts/materials in inventory instead of having to go around and remove each element, and do a bunch of honeycomb select/cut. And remove the 24 hr cap and 4k range limit on 'fetch' for a few days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

Hey NQ, for future reference, when you make a rule change like this - forcing some of us to go around with a few days notice and remove constructs from a bunch of markets - it would be neat if you also gave us some tools to make deconstructing and fetching a bunch of constructs easier, e.g.: a 'deconstruct' option that just collapses a construct into parts/materials in inventory instead of having to go around and remove each element, and do a bunch of honeycomb select/cut. And remove the 24 hr cap and 4k range limit on 'fetch' for a few days. 

PvPers will love that, when people start deconstructing to avoid combat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel conflicted about this.

Make no mistake, it is really, really, really great that market spam is finally getting the attention it needs.

But at the same time I cannot help thinking about how this has been mostly ignored by NQ for years (plural) despite probably being the number one most requested thing, and how much damage this has caused for the game during this time. NQ really are their own worst enemy at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bobbie said:

I'd like to move my stuff before the deadline, but I don't see any "green perimeter".

The new rules are pretty clear. Only (flying) ship constructs on the platforms (outside the green line). And one container construct below the platforms.

So if you are planning on just moving something outside the green line, I am afraid that won't do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 1:07 AM, Musclethorpe said:

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what they mean.

 

How do you end up with that idea? this seems like a mostly manual solution, .. for which NQ lacks the manpower to consistently enforce.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd rather see rules built into the game mechanics such as an ai comes and blows u up for parking where you shouldn't, or invisible walls don't let your ship get that close (just examples), rather than the devs just telling us how to play. It just seems super lazy to just tell people how to play instead of actually developing the game with features that force certain actions. First it's "people are sad you stow away on their ships, we must prevent the sad so no more stow aways or you could be banned" and now it's "we don't feel like coding, so can yall just move all your stuff? Thanks!" Honestly, NQ needs to check out of the forums and chat for a while, go build the game in its original design and vision, then come back and check in on the whiners. I absolutely love this game but these kinds of "interventions" kills a little bit of that each time, feels like I'm finding red flags in a new relationship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...