Jump to content

SHEDDING LIGHT ON A NOVAQUARK INTERNAL DISCUSSION - discussion thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cergorach said:

Have you...

 

I'm just suggesting that every character could take only 100M quanta in wallet into the post launch game. If you don't have that... No problem. If you have more, anything above that is converted into loyalty points and you can do 'something' with those.

 

I certainly have more in my wallets then 100M quanta, but one of the arguments is that missioning has been misused, that will probably mean that there are some people with significantly more quanta in their wallet then 100M quanta. Or you could make it more complex like: For every month a character had an active subscription in beta, 10M quanta can be taken into the game post launch...

 

What's your problem... With this...

 

I'm not sure what his problem is with it, but mine is that someone who has 50bn quanta ends up with the same amount of quanta as someone with 120M.  It's true that missions gave us all an easy way to make money, but the people who made billions *did* put a lot of effort into doing that and the people who have 120M probably put less effort in.

I'd suggest just dividing all quanta balances by 10 instead.  The richest would still have single digit billions, but given the effort they put in they could have got that amount without missions in the current game.

 

There would need to be other changes too to go with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many people speak of Missions as if there quick and easy far from the truth. There not, remember warp is disabled so it still takes hours on top of hours to complete these missions which I will remind you are Legit Game Mechanics, not an exploit just because I can do it with 10 Alts someone one else could do the same with 10 Friends. Mission were used to get rich just like tri scanners were used to scan three tiles at once. Just because you do something in MASS or in excess does not mean you were wrong. 

I have completed many mission with 10 Alts and make good quanta but it takes HOURS man. So I don't see how I am a bad guy because I found a way to do it more efficiently . Now granted that is not my only way of making money. I have been known to go out with a Space Only Hauler and Complete empty a Asteroid, just like I use to empty Mega Nodes spending hours on hours brain dead mining for days some times. Come back to base only after filling my ship.

 

So am I wrong because I am willing to trade TIME and Effort for money. 

 

Edited by MelTuc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also are we forgetting DU will not be the only MMO that launches or release this year so that Magical HORDE of New Player will have more options more choices it's not just DU and nothing else. It can DU after release compete with it's PEER's. (Peers meaning other MMO games that launch during this same time frame)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NQ give me Cross Core Container Transferring, Fuel Tank Hubs, Hub to Hub Linking, Increase Hub Container link limit to 20 or more, make transfer units able to handle more than one type of item seems like a good time since your removing schematics allow one transfer unit to transfer multiple types to multiple containers and oh increase that damn 10 link limits. Just my personal wish list, do this and you can take everything I have as I would embrace the change to play DU again from scratch with changes like these simply because they would force me to change how I previously played the game. But if you give me the same game, same tools, same mechanics then I want to play it the same way I have for the previously 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MelTuc said:

Also are we forgetting DU will not be the only MMO that launches or release this year so that Magical HORDE of New Player will have more options more choices it's not just DU and nothing else. It can DU after release compete with it's PEER's. (Peers meaning other MMO games that launch during this same time frame)

 

Good point.  Starbase is already here and is filling out nicely with its repair dock functionality finally arriving.   Reknown Bethesda Game Studio is launching Starfield on 11/11/22.  If DU wants to successfully compete it better do so soon.  I've been patiently waiting for 4+ years now, but such patience is not infinite, especially if something better balanced comes out (or just "better" from my perspective and gaming goals (first and foremost, a game that can be gainfully played without excess risk of PVP)).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and NQ while your at it give me a One Click Core Destruction Functionality, Where I can walk up to a CORE of any size that I own Dynamic or Static and have it revert back to elements and voxel into my link container. A cherry on top would be the have it return the associated blueprint as well if used. Now that would be exciting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MelTuc said:

Oh and NQ while your at it give me a One Click Core Destruction Functionality, Where I can walk up to a CORE of any size that I own Dynamic or Static and have it revert back to elements and voxel into my link container. A cherry on top would be the have it return the associated blueprint as well if used. Now that would be exciting.

I wish I could give you more likes for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MelTuc said:

Many people speak of Missions as if there quick and easy far from the truth. There not, remember warp is disabled so it still takes hours on top of hours to complete these missions which I will remind you are Legit Game Mechanics, not an exploit just because I can do it with 10 Alts someone one else could do the same with 10 Friends. Mission were used to get rich just like tri scanners were used to scan three tiles at once. Just because you do something in MASS or in excess does not mean you were wrong. 

I have completed many mission with 10 Alts and make good quanta but it takes HOURS man. So I don't see how I am a bad guy because I found a way to do it more efficiently . Now granted that is not my only way of making money. I have been known to go out with a Space Only Hauler and Complete empty a Asteroid, just like I use to empty Mega Nodes spending hours on hours brain dead mining for days some times. Come back to base only after filling my ship.

 

So am I wrong because I am willing to trade TIME and Effort for money. 

 

Missions, doing it with 10 alts means all the money is for you, doing with 10 friends you split the money.

As for time... The flying you can do AFK, if you're not doing it that way, you're doing it wrong! The time is in the logging in the 10 characters.

 

Missions:

Fuel up ship

Make sure everyone is onboard (they should already be there)

Fly to pickup point (on autopilot)

Pickup cargo

Log in 10 alts doing the same (takes a while)

Fly your route to delivery point, slowboat style, outside of the pipes (on autopilot)

Land on autopilot.

Deliver package

Log in 10 alts doing the same (takes a while)

Transfer profit to main

Repeat

 

I don't know how many trips you make per day, but if it's one, you're doing something wrong if it takes you hours. Unless you add in the actual transit time you're running on autopilot... If you do this 4x a day, it might take a combined ~2 hours/day, but it would make you ~250M/day, if you run a more complex route it might take you ~2.5 hours/day and make ~375M/day. You could make more per day running multiple PCs/clients, but then it quickly is going to take up a lot more time flying around with warp shuttles handling all the pickup/delivery.

 

I've been flying around for months doing 3-4 trips a day, doing 4 missions each time. 4 days a week, making 300M-400M/week. I was working up the infrastructure to up that to 1B+ with the same crew (more complex route and an additional PC). But the more talk about launch and wipe, the less motivated I became to do something with it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Missions, doing it with 10 alts means all the money is for you, doing with 10 friends you split the money.

As for time... The flying you can do AFK, if you're not doing it that way, you're doing it wrong! The time is in the logging in the 10 characters.

 

Missions:

Fuel up ship

Make sure everyone is onboard (they should already be there)

Fly to pickup point (on autopilot)

Pickup cargo

Log in 10 alts doing the same (takes a while)

Fly your route to delivery point, slowboat style, outside of the pipes (on autopilot)

Land on autopilot.

Deliver package

Log in 10 alts doing the same (takes a while)

Transfer profit to main

Repeat

 

I don't know how many trips you make per day, but if it's one, you're doing something wrong if it takes you hours. Unless you add in the actual transit time you're running on autopilot... If you do this 4x a day, it might take a combined ~2 hours/day, but it would make you ~250M/day, if you run a more complex route it might take you ~2.5 hours/day and make ~375M/day. You could make more per day running multiple PCs/clients, but then it quickly is going to take up a lot more time flying around with warp shuttles handling all the pickup/delivery.

 

I've been flying around for months doing 3-4 trips a day, doing 4 missions each time. 4 days a week, making 300M-400M/week. I was working up the infrastructure to up that to 1B+ with the same crew (more complex route and an additional PC). But the more talk about launch and wipe, the less motivated I became to do something with it...

You 100% NAILED, I over simplified the process in my original post but you my Friend nailed it to a core. With that said know people can see its not this idea that Missions are this endless CASH COW. It freaking takes work, time, effort and planning. And It is a legit game mechanic I must stress that. But you put the details where I blew over them bring more light to the entire process.
 

One point I have to add Legion has killed me at least 5 times before I figured out a route using the new Routine feature of the Arch HUB Autopilot. This is the mission I run every day all day rinse and repeat.  Just under 95mill per trip with about 3 or 4 trips a day based on how busy I am at work. I an sure I am not the best or have the best approach but its not a secret, hack or exploit I learned what to do and how to do it by talking to OLDER player (couch couch) who show me how to do it.  Even just reading your post I learn something and I am sure there are others that are reading this forum right now taking notes on that single post and will change there game play in the next few hours. That is what VET player bring to the table Knowledge and Experience. Thank you for show that sharing knowledge is the key to equality NOT WEALTH Redistribution. What the saying Fish for a man he will eat for a day (WIPE) teach a man how to fish he will eat for a lifetime (NO WIPE)

image.thumb.png.24506f3c1ce4cbab0d9c954ea5df49bf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NQ Don’t take my stuff in order to turn me into a new player (WIPE), let me teach new players how to become like me (NO WIPE) and we all win. Here is one point I think your missing NQ. If you do WIPE, so be it I a screwed but what do you think I would do next. Well let me tell you.
 

I am not building a factory, or a base no I would first connect with the top builders that I know personally damn near all of them, and I would spend every waking moment mining and doing missions for them day in and day out I would work solely to enrich them. Why because they are who will give me the tools that I need to be successfully. They did it before and they will do it again.

 

And  I am not talking about a Hand out, well Loaded will say I haggle him to death but other than that I worked for everything I have but not with out there help. I remember when Blightbright(Zoe) replace my ship TWICE (80Mill Ship) and still worked with me to become a better pilot. I still suck by the way.
 

So if that means I spend hours mining for Czarman, BlindingBright, Loaded, TicTaq, Leo Cora, Woka, MasterDragon, Tobi-wan. I don’t care. These people just to name a few made me who I am and I know if there here after the WIPE.
 

They will be the key to my success again. So while NEW PLAYERS are running around, making newbie mistakes wasting time doing things I know are useless to do early game (like building your own factory) I will use my alliances, contacts and friends to become bigger and better than they will ever be.
 

I get choked up privately as I have know many of the above names in game for over 2 years we grew together and we will do it again.

Edited by MelTuc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDIT: 
Message removed for advertising another game in a thread dedicated to feedback on Dual Universe. 

@yamamushi We can understand you're upset about changes in the development of Dual Universe and we're thankful for all the involvement you had in the Dual Universe community during several years. If at some point you want to come back on the game, you will be welcomed. However, all this doesn't give you the right to have such behavior on the forum.

 

Best Regards,

NQ-Nyzaltar
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2022 at 1:26 PM, Neuritico said:

80% of players who left New World it's just because New World it's not either a game, just nothing as Atlas, same for Lost Ark who is just boring and this last every day lose players, ppl who keep playing such games just because there is anything else around. Coz covid and many other reasons lot of games have been postponed. After 5 years of beta, DU need to make new marketing plans, and they cannot announce a release of a new game where players shall build everything a new society etc. if inside there are already players who did everything got everything took everything. This is already a good reason for them for a full wipe. As long as this game will keep be a Beta no one talk about DU, no magazine, no internet press etc. they did long time ago.

 

Exactly. Wipes never bring more players (aside from short term tourist bump, offset by existing players leaving.) New content brings more players. And every day they drag this out is another new player who will lose the progress they've made. It's wrong to even be pumping ads for the game right now on YT without warning players if their gameplay will be wiped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your daily reminder that multiple NQ staff in multiple channels, verbally and in writing, said we would get 'magic blueprints' if they ever needed to do a wipe:

 

a57e22ce-a4d5-4f24-92bd-281fcd86309d.png

 

(1:30) the reason for a wipe would be "(there is) something that we need to fix and there is no other but to wipe to fix it. I don't see anything like that coming... it's something that would happen if we really had no choice..."

(4:45) "we're going to do everything we can so that we don't have to go through a wipe again"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOp9nDzkxpc

(58:26) "It would be a very bad thing to say 'sorry guys, restart from scratch.'" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai3Kk37ntgg

(15:53) "Everything you build is forever"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD00-V_LKog

(31:58) "Whatever you do after beta starts is going to stay in one way or another... You will get what we call for the moment 'magic blueprints'... blueprints with everything included in it so you will be able to respawn the things as soon as we restart the server. So we don't like to call it 'wipe'... The key thing is the beta is really the start... You can start to invest yourself in the game. We guarantee that you're not going to be losing everything at some point... the universe is blank again, and you have to start from scratch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syku-NmSg4s&t=1918s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Wait... Correct me if I'm wrong!

You're on Sanctuary, you go to the local market, if not there you take the shuttle to Allioth. Then you take the teleporter to Alioth 6 and walk or use the compact-able ship to go to Alioth Market 6...

 

 

- There is the shuttle service from Sanctuary to Alioth. 
- There are portal stations between the districts
- There are portal stations between the distriktes and the sales markets as well now.

Edited by Zarcata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2022 at 8:18 PM, FoolsFolly said:

 

Would players reaching endgame in a matter of weeks really be a bad thing?

A game has to be balanced between accessible gameplay, and impactful gameplay. You can have ships that take years to build, and make people feel pride when they are used and disappointment when they are lost. Or you can have ships that take minutes to build, so people can carelessly throw themselves into combat, destroy and get destroyed, enjoying the activity but not feeling the consequences of their actions.

 

Personally, I feel that leaning towards accessibility would attract a much larger audience, and create a more active and enjoyable world. But I'm just speaking from my gut here; I haven't actually polled the masses or anything.

A bit late reaction, I do believe a good balance between accessible gameplay, but the schematics was a needed step in the right direction. 

- Gave quanta a purpose (Before my org was living off the grid and even installed our own token system)

- Making industrialist a profession

 

And the basic parts were still cheap. So in the end the amount of hate that it got I just unjustified.

 

And progress is needs to be keep in check at the start. This part of the phase the game the progress gating is vital. As the game progresses the items are going to be acessible. So it wont be too long before most parts will be accesible and eventually with teamwork you are able to reach end game quicker by good teamwork.

 

So eventually when everything is ramped up it has a high accesibility and the markets will be filled with a good a mount of products and if then also people think about cost efficient ships and keep the motto: Only fly what you can replace. Then we we will have a good balance between accessible gameplay. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

- There is the shuttle service from Sanctuary to Alioth. 
- There are portal stations between the districts
- There are portal stations between the distriktes and the sales markets as well now.

Sounds really flawed to go buy a item and back to your base each time a new player figure what he need. We still desconected from new player experience, and how this affect new player retention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

Sounds really flawed to go buy a item and back to your base each time a new player figure what he need. We still desconected from new player experience, and how this affect new player retention.

Not sure if her text was translated correctly to me....

What do new players expect? They come to a game where the main game content is the creation of constructs. So to give these constructs an added value, so that they don't just stand lifeless in space, you can now also move these structures dynamically and build vehicles to hover and fly, even fight each other with them (in the PvP zone).

So a new player comes into a kind of huge world full of Lego bricks that they can use to build all sorts of things. When he's had enough of building, he can also pivot to PvP and destroy what he's built or try to take away from others.

There is no normal game content in dualUniverse as many players might expect: no quest area, no main quest, no dungeons, no raids, no raids with healers-warriors-mages-tanks-supporters..., no arenas or world bosses. There is also no usual character development, as you know it from other games. So dyeing hair, different hairstyle, tattoos, a race or a special race - what you can do, color your own robot father.
There are also no real professions to choose from, so no tailor, ore builder, blacksmith, potions maker, cook....the talent system in DualUniverse is relatively large, but not really deep and harmonious. 

But let's get back to the new player...he sees a planet or a moon, bare and monotonous with standard trees and stones generated from a mass program. In principle, the whole planet looks the same, every section. There is also nothing to discover. No caves or ruins, no treasures or riddles, no NPCs, animals or monsters, no buildings or roads, paths...anything....

So, you then stand at the start and diligently "play" through the tutorials to learn that you need ores. You get ores through MiningUnits or through asteroid mining. Asteroids = Space = not yet possible. So MiningUnits. You put them on your small area and wait. Exactly..you wait, but for what actually? Of course! So that you can build another MiningUnit with the ore from the Miningunit! Yay! Then you wait again....or you run around on the dead planet to do...no idea what....you could look at everything and then see that there is nothing to see. So all the players run around and watch everyone run around, great!

when all miningunits are built and deliver ore, you can think about what you want to do with the coming ore: use it yourself for something, to build something or bring it to the market, sell it. Will there be market bots for ore acceptance now? Then you could get quanta. If you want more, you can also try to fly missions with the starter spaceship. Is that possible in terms of weight? Then one needs the ores thus for fuel, in order to make then quanta from it. Why do I need quanta then? Do the schematics remain or not?

Why should I travel to another planet or a moon? They all have the standard content, so empty planet, a few trees and bushes slapped on it, sometimes a lake or a hole. Now and then a market. But actually all would have to stay on the starter moon, to support each other, to build a society together, to build industrial plants to get progress. So build more and more expensive and bigger. I assume that the majority of players do not do that, but the masses run around solo and everyone pushes through his same skill in the talents. Everyone then wants to produce something and make a profit on the market. Over time, more and more players do this, until we have again reached the point that players produce more than we need and thus the price supports that the elements are even worth less than the pure ore.

But hey, it's fun! The first build a hut, the others dream of the first industrial plants from the Nanocrafter and those who have prepared well form groups and fly within a few hours to the stars. What was the goal of the game again? Right...there is no evil boss, no princess to save, no enemy factions to fight with all our might...so it's us players who hope that a few decide to become evil pirates or plunderers, while everyone else then 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Not sure if her text was translated correctly to me....

What do new players expect? They come to a game where the main game content is the creation of constructs. So to give these constructs an added value, so that they don't just stand lifeless in space, you can now also move these structures dynamically and build vehicles to hover and fly, even fight each other with them (in the PvP zone).

So a new player comes into a kind of huge world full of Lego bricks that they can use to build all sorts of things. When he's had enough of building, he can also pivot to PvP and destroy what he's built or try to take away from others.

There is no normal game content in dualUniverse as many players might expect: no quest area, no main quest, no dungeons, no raids, no raids with healers-warriors-mages-tanks-supporters..., no arenas or world bosses. There is also no usual character development, as you know it from other games. So dyeing hair, different hairstyle, tattoos, a race or a special race - what you can do, color your own robot father.
There are also no real professions to choose from, so no tailor, ore builder, blacksmith, potions maker, cook....the talent system in DualUniverse is relatively large, but not really deep and harmonious. 

But let's get back to the new player...he sees a planet or a moon, bare and monotonous with standard trees and stones generated from a mass program. In principle, the whole planet looks the same, every section. There is also nothing to discover. No caves or ruins, no treasures or riddles, no NPCs, animals or monsters, no buildings or roads, paths...anything....

So, you then stand at the start and diligently "play" through the tutorials to learn that you need ores. You get ores through MiningUnits or through asteroid mining. Asteroids = Space = not yet possible. So MiningUnits. You put them on your small area and wait. Exactly..you wait, but for what actually? Of course! So that you can build another MiningUnit with the ore from the Miningunit! Yay! Then you wait again....or you run around on the dead planet to do...no idea what....you could look at everything and then see that there is nothing to see. So all the players run around and watch everyone run around, great!

when all miningunits are built and deliver ore, you can think about what you want to do with the coming ore: use it yourself for something, to build something or bring it to the market, sell it. Will there be market bots for ore acceptance now? Then you could get quanta. If you want more, you can also try to fly missions with the starter spaceship. Is that possible in terms of weight? Then one needs the ores thus for fuel, in order to make then quanta from it. Why do I need quanta then? Do the schematics remain or not?

Why should I travel to another planet or a moon? They all have the standard content, so empty planet, a few trees and bushes slapped on it, sometimes a lake or a hole. Now and then a market. But actually all would have to stay on the starter moon, to support each other, to build a society together, to build industrial plants to get progress. So build more and more expensive and bigger. I assume that the majority of players do not do that, but the masses run around solo and everyone pushes through his same skill in the talents. Everyone then wants to produce something and make a profit on the market. Over time, more and more players do this, until we have again reached the point that players produce more than we need and thus the price supports that the elements are even worth less than the pure ore.

But hey, it's fun! The first build a hut, the others dream of the first industrial plants from the Nanocrafter and those who have prepared well form groups and fly within a few hours to the stars. What was the goal of the game again? Right...there is no evil boss, no princess to save, no enemy factions to fight with all our might...so it's us players who hope that a few decide to become evil pirates or plunderers, while everyone else then 

 

Its a nice analisis , but yes in my opinion you cant put a wall in the new player experience, at least not 1 hour after they start build his own base, low tier schematincs kill the dream, this is my opinion, and i think are important new player experiment the basics concepts of the game and try fly to the space, or store items in more large containers than then fustrating XS, why is not fun you fill your nanopac in 5 minutes gatering rocks and you just have to wait 20 minutes to finish the XS container, to discover you just can hold 1000L on a XS and you have to wait 20 minutes more to store 1000L more... And 30 minutes more to craft and XS assember and discover this ends the organic gameplay, and now you have to grind ore to buy items on markeds or grind alot more to buy schematincs to self sustain.

 

We are killing the eureca sense of self succes, and we expect game works just why old players tutor new ones.

For sure is not the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do the planet revamp if you must, I can live with that, especially if the end result slaps and is able to integrate further changes more easily, however that could even be envisioned big questionmark.

 

That still does nothing to put players starting the game in 2025, in a better position.

 

I can tell you that if you do a grand relaunch my tolerance for throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks will be next to non-existant... Why the schematics now, just how do you intend to avoid us going back to arbitrarily wide assembly lines?

 

I'm sorry but that text didn't seem like a snippet of a much larger discussion it felt repetitive and vague. Wipe if you "must" (...) best of luck. But I will not constantly remind myself to be patient. I sure hope you know what you're doing for your own sake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, yamamushi said:

I've been having a ton of fun in a totally unrelated game for the past several weeks now. It's called Shores of Hazeron.

It has walking in ships, while flying. Seamless interstellar travel. Avatar PvP combat. The option to custom-build everything. A player-run economy. It's basically Dwarf Fortress in Space for me, and has checked every box off that I was looking for in Dual Universe 😊 

The graphics are meh, but if given the chance I'd pour as much money into this game as I ever did in DU. Which, you really don't want to know how much money I put into Dual Universe for me to be considered their biggest backer (Those of you around for more than 2 years know this is true).

<somelink>

DU is great and all, but at the end of the day I've said goodbye to it. It's like that abusive relationship you put all of your energy into for years. In the end, I would have rather bought a boat instead. 

 

Yeah I have been around long enough to know how driven you were during alpha and how helpful you were towards the community. Yet there is absolutely no reason to divide people over how you feel about it now.

Maybe you should say something about how a wipe would affect you. Would you return? What would you think is fair? That could add to the discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread has plenty of personal opinions already and for the most part its what you would expect. The rich want to keep their riches and the poor want a wipe. I would prefer to see a more detailed analysis of how a wipe/no-wipe would impact the future of DU. This is ultimately what NQ is concerned about and by tailoring feedback accordingly, it will have more impact.

 

Wipe Considerations:

  1. Lets NQ easily remove schematics and other features that were deemed unpopular.
  2. Lets NQ easily correct for wealth gained from bugs and exploits.
  3. Lets NQ easily implement the intended planet revamp.
  4. Puts both new and old players on equal footing (the added talent wipe option)
  5. Gives old players access to the new FTUE and Haven

Technically speaking some of these could be accomplished without wiping but would cost a lot of dev power. Which if any, are the most important for DU's future and why?

 

Also I see that many of you feel that 2 is a non-issue but honestly other than NQ, none of us know that for a fact. For all we know there is a player out there with enough funds/assets to buy several planets and live off new player's calibrations or completely monopolize future content. If you were a game dev, how do you deal with that fairly and how do you prevent this issue from creeping up again in the future? Does DU need some kind of progressive tax system? What other solutions can you think of?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Msoul said:

This thread has plenty of personal opinions already and for the most part its what you would expect. The rich want to keep their riches and the poor want a wipe. I would prefer to see a more detailed analysis of how a wipe/no-wipe would impact the future of DU. This is ultimately what NQ is concerned about and by tailoring feedback accordingly, it will have more impact.

 

Wipe Considerations:

  1. Lets NQ easily remove schematics and other features that were deemed unpopular.
  2. Lets NQ easily correct for wealth gained from bugs and exploits.
  3. Lets NQ easily implement the intended planet revamp.
  4. Puts both new and old players on equal footing (the added talent wipe option)
  5. Gives old players access to the new FTUE and Haven

Technically speaking some of these could be accomplished without wiping but would cost a lot of dev power. Which if any, are the most important for DU's future and why?

 

Also I see that many of you feel that 2 is a non-issue but honestly other than NQ, none of us know that for a fact. For all we know there is a player out there with enough funds/assets to buy several planets and live off new player's calibrations or completely monopolize future content. If you were a game dev, how do you deal with that fairly and how do you prevent this issue from creeping up again in the future? Does DU need some kind of progressive tax system? What other solutions can you think of?

Yes, for sure, the maintenance cost of hex have to raise for each one your control. Yes you can bipass with moar alts, but make it alwais hard to mass control land. And second, the cost of the Hex have to be related on how much L/H ore produce and the tier of this ore have to affect also de maintenance cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Msoul said:

For all we know there is a player out there with enough funds/assets to buy several planets and live off new player's calibrations or completely monopolize future content. If you were a game dev, how do you deal with that fairly and how do you prevent this issue from creeping up again in the future? 

I knew of some exploits happened during beta and many ppl got mad about it. I actually didn't care much. With the mission introduction, another mechanic has been abused to get rich in a unproportional dimension obviously. Isn't that sad ?

 

That is why your question quoted is the biggest to me:

WHY did that happen & CAN it be avoided & WHY was "role back" within "beta" no option ? Where are the tuners with the brains ?

 

Is it possible to setup a fair game ?  Thinking of the MU gameplay and rare T4/T5 tiles ?

You can give it a try sure, tri-scanning for 200h before throwing in the towel.

 

Too many things are not well thought out. The plan to revoke Schematics is a brilliant example.

IMO, NQ only has one option left. WIPE & Release - squeeze all out - prepare the grounding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wiping talent points is entirely unecessary from a technical perspective, and frankly a slap in the face.

First of all how better to prove NQ's word doesn't mean anything. I waited like one and half year to reach buffs on T3 ore and products. I don't know who they intend to sell this game to, but my life expectancy is like 70 years. One and a half year of my life is not something I can just pull out of a magic hat, and I spent them freaking WAITING to get those points.


I feel like none of you seem to realize that if they wipe talent points, the first month is so asininely predictable, one was to wonder what the fück one is playing for: "great I know that if I maintain 90xp/min, 30 days from launch I can have either decent inventory buffs, either decent MU buffs, either decent mining buffs, or maybe I'm able to operate most industry elements, or place cores of all sizes....... but 30 days from launch it will be either a single one of those choices, or being between lvl2 and lvl3 in all of these".


When it comes to DU I've had the patience of a saint, but again: why would I put in 30 times 4 hours if I can extrapolate to the liter where I'd be  30 days from then, if I stick to my boring AF plan. You people seriously want to live through that for such a short-lived high? I joined the alpha like 4-5 months before the launch... I restarted in this game 3 times in a row within a year, because somehow they had to wipe a month before launch. Seriously it's not that fun, I don't think I can do it anymore, if I'm quickfeeted my goal should then be to convert the DAC I'm owed in to real life currency, cut my losses. More realistically I'd just stop looking and caring, probably.



And what about the people who were rewarded XP for bringing people into the game with referral codes? Just a slap to the face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like we are back to the same underlying topic of "How can I keep other people from becoming too RICH" I have an idea how about just work as hard as they do....I am not talking about hacks, or exploits but any Legit Game Mechanic shall be used to the fullest without the approval from other players who might not like the way I play the Legit Game Mechanic. Capping other players growth only makes sense until you yourself are the one at the top than theses taxes, limitation and progress punishment tactics your thinking of will not be so appealing. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...