Jump to content

SHEDDING LIGHT ON A NOVAQUARK INTERNAL DISCUSSION - discussion thread


NQ-Wanderer
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

Except historically a game wipe has never brought in any substantial amount of players. You're saying that they'll see a 2000% increase in player base when they add the "1.0" and "Release" moniker to the game and do a wipe?

New World, for example- lost 80% of it's player base when going from Beta(and wiping) to release. It has since lost a further 80%.... and that is without a monthly subscription. https://steamdb.info/app/1063730/graphs/ The other difference, is with DU the player base largely makes the "game content"... paired with it being subscription based. it's a unique balance no other game has, and there is nothing to say wiping that content in the game would bring in more players.

If you have any data to back up your claims, I'd love to see it! Math is nice, big numbers are big, but numbers mean nothing without data to give them meaning.
 

80% of players who left New World it's just because New World it's not either a game, just nothing as Atlas, same for Lost Ark who is just boring and this last every day lose players, ppl who keep playing such games just because there is anything else around. Coz covid and many other reasons lot of games have been postponed. After 5 years of beta, DU need to make new marketing plans, and they cannot announce a release of a new game where players shall build everything a new society etc. if inside there are already players who did everything got everything took everything. This is already a good reason for them for a full wipe. As long as this game will keep be a Beta no one talk about DU, no magazine, no internet press etc. they did long time ago.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PotatoMart said:

 

Why don't you make it so that players can make Schematics by destroying 5 T1 Schematics to be able to make a T2 Schematic? Then massive resources would be consumed and you would have to specialize.

 

 

I think what your missing is that many people, myself included, are not the least bit interested in specializing.  Who in the hell wants to be the absolute best advanced LED manufacturer when 1)  A corp can put you out of business by selling at a slight loss until you leave and then jack the price up and recover  and 2) You margins are going to be so thin as to be meaningless?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Cool and welcome back!  I hope there are a lot more of you, having a more people playing would fix a lot of things.

 

Yours is the only reply like this I've seen.  I hope more speak up.

 

I know of at least one other poster in this thread, Blaze, who is also inactive awaiting NQ to do something.  Suspect there are others, but lets be real... if your one of those waiting for release before you play, your still waiting and not engaging;  if your a 0.23 dropout, like me, you may be a lurker or just tired of endless battles discussions on the forum and believe that NQ is going to do what NQ wants for reasons probably cost-of-running-the-show related (like manufacturing batches, schematics, etc.) with a bit of player desire seasoning.  The few of us that engage are just masochist that pop back on every so often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't logged in much since the announcement, my factory is running out of resources and my calibrations are stacking up, I just don't see the point of putting in countless hours if they are going to wipe.  This is so defeating!  I am considering just HQing the rest of my stuff and cancelling.  If they don't wipe I can come back, if they do then I saved money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone and too many pages to read 😛

 

it seems useful to erase everything for an equal footing and that in the opinion of people who are on the forum or on the discord. I don't go on discord because I'm not English-speaking and the captcha bot got me drunk personally.

 

For the opinions of the community on the forum, it is also a partial opinion of the community, very few French-speaking people participate in it. I just come to keep myself informed of future patcs and help a little on the French-speaking part.

 

I'm just going to give a negative opinion on the disappearance of the schematics.

At first it was scary not being able to do everything in sandbox mode. But over time and becoming a manufacturer, it became worthwhile to get there and try to sell its products on the market.

If the reset removes the schematics, how are manufacturers going to sell their products with insane competition? Already currently, more than half of my crafts are sold at a loss on the markets, so it may be a job to forget if there are no more schemes to reward people who really invest themselves.

 

I also have an opinion to give on the wear of the parts in pve, break them beyond 3 repairs, it will make the manufacturers live.

 

Sincerely, Tekhamon.

 

PS: I haven't said anything about the talents that we've been developing for more than a year without reaching the end.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those people wishing for a wipe.  Some of us put in countless hours scanning, mining, building.  Some of us dedicate 10-12 hours in DU expanding, flying around and just generally building....  for 2 years.  Why shouldn't we have an advantage?  We payed and played for it.  The arguments are to make everyone equal is just asinine as 3 days after launch some will have more than others.  DU is supposed to be a persistent game that builds over time, not reset because the DB is too big or players complain how unfair it is some people have 3B Quanta.  If there is a game mechanic requiring a wipe then find a way to code it so that all of our work isn't wasted, stop being lazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If i was NQ i wouldnt even talk about wipe and stress up all the old players, day before release i would just say a asteroid hit alioth and all other planets and everything is gone, server needs to be wiped end of story

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Knownthief said:

For those people wishing for a wipe.  Some of us put in countless hours scanning, mining, building.  Some of us dedicate 10-12 hours in DU expanding, flying around and just generally building....  for 2 years.  Why shouldn't we have an advantage?  We payed and played for it.  The arguments are to make everyone equal is just asinine as 3 days after launch some will have more than others.  DU is supposed to be a persistent game that builds over time, not reset because the DB is too big or players complain how unfair it is some people have 3B Quanta.  If there is a game mechanic requiring a wipe then find a way to code it so that all of our work isn't wasted, stop being lazy.

Now u get the rare chance to do it all over again.  Nah your hours playing the game and knowledge is already big enough advantage over new players 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2022 at 1:18 AM, Sycopata said:

In have created a new accound to check how feels the experience of a new player, and for sure this game need a wipe, a new player can earn very low mineral each day , and old players have milions and milions stored from mega nodes, this is a big difference. A new player with max skills on extractor mining needs 28 dais to extract 1.000.000L minerals, we extracted this in the past each day from mega nodes. And with no cost of hex maintenance.

These are false assumptions.  If you as much effort into MUs that you put into mining mega nodes you get the same amount of ore. The only difference is with mega nodes you can get allot at one time.  Also I have MUd more t3,4 out of the ground then I have ever scanned.  You talk like a wipe would fix these old stockpile issues. But they are not issues and new ore coming into the game exceeds this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New player experience, gater rocks, fill your inventory, wait 20 minutes to craft one XS container, repeat this until you figure XS container are so small, craft S assembler to build a S container, grats youn discovered you need 300.000 quanta buy a S container schematic, you can now travel to alioth market 6  or try to gater 12000 liter rocks to sell its to bots. And travel from your hex in Sactuariun 6 times to a market why you cant hold 12000 liters of ore in your inventory. For sure schemattics have to go away from tier 1 items minimum

Edited by Sycopata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

New player experience, gater rocks, fill your invenrary, wait 20 minutes to craft one XS container, repeat this until you figure XS container are so small, craft S assembler to build a S container, grats youn discovered you need 300.000 quanta buy a S container schematic, you can now travel to alioth market 6 or try to gater 12000 liter rocks to sell its to bots. And travel from your hex in Sactuariun 6 times to a market why you cant hold 12000 liters of ore in your inventory. For sure schemattics have to go away from tier 1 items minimum

 

Well, there are many Orgs out there willing to help newbies, mine included. Read about the second M in MMO, this is'nt a solo game.

 

Just to specify:

I'm calibrating MUs on 20 tiles on Alioth, but most of the surface ore still lays around - a newbie in our Org can pick up several millions worth of ore within some days.

He can use org factories, org ships, get's help for flying and any other problems may be solved within the org.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leppard said:

 

Well, there are many Orgs out there willing to help newbies, mine included. Read about the second M in MMO, this is'nt a solo game.

You cant expect people enter in a corp in the first hour of enter in a MMO, common player enter in a mmo learn basics and find a corp. Enter in a corp before try the game... Are not realistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before everyone left after the Demeter announcement, we had a system for new members.  We would allocate them 7 tiles with MUs. they would calibrate and we would then pay them back a % of what was mined.  They could then get compensation in either ores of their choosing based on the amount that was mined or get paid market price for that %.  This was an awesome way for new players to get money and ore and the org benefited as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Knownthief said:

Before everyone left after the Demeter announcement, we had a system for new members.  We would allocate them 7 tiles with MUs. they would calibrate and we would then pay them back a % of what was mined.  They could then get compensation in either ores of their choosing based on the amount that was mined or get paid market price for that %.  This was an awesome way for new players to get money and ore and the org benefited as well.

Explode recalibrations is awersome way to help new players? Or maybe a win win?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

New player experience, gater rocks, fill your inventory, wait 20 minutes to craft one XS container, repeat this until you figure XS container are so small, craft S assembler to build a S container, grats youn discovered you need 300.000 quanta buy a S container schematic, you can now travel to alioth market 6  or try to gater 12000 liter rocks to sell its to bots. And travel from your hex in Sactuariun 6 times to a market why you cant hold 12000 liters of ore in your inventory. For sure schemattics have to go away from tier 1 items minimum

And this is where MMO comes into play. New player should not be trying to make these items day1. They should be buying these items. Gota get that pre schematic mentality out of our heads where we build everything ourselves. Should only be buying schematic on things you intend to sell  or are going to use allot of. 

 

Now you might say but I want to do everything myself. And that's your choice, but if you choose to do it the hard way, seems silly to want to make it easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RugesV said:

And this is where MMO comes into play. New player should not be trying to make these items day1. They should be buying these items. Gota get that pre schematic mentality out of our heads where we build everything ourselves. Should only be buying schematic on things you intend to sell  or are going to use allot of. 

 

Now you might say but I want to do everything myself. And that's your choice, but if you choose to do it the hard way, seems silly to want to make it easier.

You know there only supplies on Alioth market 6? You really expect a new player travel from sactuarium to Alioth 6 and buy a container S? We are so disconected from the new player experience, please make a new accound and try yourselve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sycopata said:

You know there only supplies on Alioth market 6? You really expect a new player travel from sactuarium to Alioth 6 and buy a container S? We are so disconected from the new player experience, please make a new accound and try yourselve.

Really, no one is selling s containers on sanc? That's a market opportunity there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RugesV said:

Really, no one is selling s containers on sanc? That's a market opportunity there.

Wow, nice final touch.... Like i said, we are so veterant players here, and no one take in considerarion, new player experience. Go fill all sactuarium markets with t1 resources please, remember new player have just a hover ship, and cant craft wings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sycopata said:

Wow, nice final touch.... Like i said, we are so veterant players here, and no one take in considerarion, new player experience. Go fill all sactuarium markets with t1 resources please, remember new player have just a hover ship, and cant craft wings.

Shouldn't new players go do that, they always complain they cannot compete in the market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RugesV said:

Shouldn't new players go do that, they always complain they cannot compete in the market.

If they care on compete in the marked, are not just a "new" player, please... Try the new player experience yourselve and lets talk again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ask NQ that if a wipe of the planets is truly inevitable, that we as players are given enough time to move our bases into space where we can protect them from a wipe. 
Please NQ, protect great builds because they make the game and players who have spent days-weeks-months and years creating great things deserve to have them protected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sycopata said:

You know there only supplies on Alioth market 6? You really expect a new player travel from sactuarium to Alioth 6 and buy a container S? We are so disconected from the new player experience, please make a new accound and try yourselve.

Well, i did it in my beginnings very often:
Fly to Mx/District on Sanct, take shuttle to alioth, buy stuff, take shuttle back. No problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2022 at 1:06 AM, Emma Roid said:

add schematics to that, or compensation in quantas: I grinded them together over 2 years. 
Would be unfair if builders keep their blueprints, and industrialists loose everything.

Was it already two years ago when schematics were introduced?  Wow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, kulkija said:

After wipe there will be no "Market 6"

Supply will be where demand is.

When everyone starts at Sanctuary or Heaven, demand is there and so will supply be.

 

If big orgs suvive this wipe they will have the first tiles claimed on Alioth near a market (1-10) within the first day - and then everything will be quite like before the wipe.

This time it will even be faster than at the start of the beta, because the knowlege and experience is on the side of the older players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...