Jump to content

NQ please: Reverse Element Weight increases and Shield nerfs. (poll included)


ELX987
 Share

Recommended Posts

For Reference here are the changes concerning this post:

 

  • Element Mass changes:
    • Warp Drive: 31000kg > 75000kg
    • Large Gunner Module: 11000kg > 16000kg
    • Medium Gunner Module: 2000kg > 4250kg
    • Extra-Small Adjustor: 22kg > 25kg
    • Small Adjustor: 42kg > 100kg
    • Medium Adjustor: 200kg > 450kg
    • Large Adjustor: 1000kg > 1550kg
    • All Small Shield variations: 3300kg > 5000kg
    • All Medium Shield variations: 17000kg > 30000kg 
    • All Large Shield variations: 92000kg > 125000kg 
    • All medium weapons: x1.5~ (roughly 2850kg > 4275kg)
    • All large weapons: x1.25~ (roughly 15000kg > 19000kg)
  • Shield Generator HP changes:
    • Base values for Extra-Small Shield: 500000 > 450000 
    • Base values for Small Shield: 2000000 > 1750000 
    • Base values for Medium Shield: 7500000 > 5000000 
    • Base values for Large Shield: 20000000 > 10000000

 

Please explain NQ, What was the manically absurd meaning behind these changes, are you trying to kill what people thought good of Athena and sneak in such game changing tweaks to PVP and ship functionality?

 

already you have irritated me by thinking these were good but this is incomputable stupidity.

 

i have created a 2 day poll to see if people actually want this: https://strawpoll.com/polls/3RnYpxvWDye please vote.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These changes are ridiculous and if they are implemented, i'm gonna cancel my subscriptions and find something else to play.
It was fun while it lasted and i've certainly got my moneys worth of entertainment, but it kinda sux big time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You missed Command Chair. 158kg to an insane 3.5t o0

 

All these changes, including the massive adjustor nerf, are to 'balance' pvp, with no consideration for pve players who enjoy (used to...) flying around in atmosphere.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, AdmiralYolomoto said:

What makes you believe that mass and shield nerf is so terrible?

Well... log in and check your ship stats. The numbers speak for themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest, the very idea that NQ will be able to balance PvP is a bit hilarious to me. We're coming close to release and this isn't something they have much experience with. Over the last 8 years, relatively little time has been spent with PvP's design. 

 

Even PvP-only arena games struggle to find balance... 

 

This is an open world, MMO game where not all ships are specialized in combat...that's already near impossible to balance because combat isn't guaranteed (or likely) to be symmetrical.

 

Reality is that people will get mad if they perceive that combat isn't fair (right or wrong), and the nature of PvP in this game makes it rarely fair. There's a good reason open-world PvP MMOs are rare nowadays. 

 

Even if NQ had a lot of experience with PvP game design (they very clearly don't), it would still be very difficult to find balance in a game like this. 

 

Trying to do it now with some shotgun stat adjustments won't do the trick -- it's "too little, too late". PvP and combat mechanics are still rather crude...NQ needed a lot more time and experience to substantively improve PvP and combat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

How does this make voxels relevant? Weight is weight, and that is still the only thing that voxels add to a construct.

We ran some tests and you definitively want to have voxels now since shields got nerfed or you will die really quick.

4 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

 

Don't they add cross section as well?

It matters less now 2 Nanos had no chance in a fight against one pre shields 4 Seater ship. Yes that Capital lost shields but outtanked these two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2022 at 9:23 PM, Jinxed said:

Fecking PvP centered changes again. Why does everything have to revolve around and get shat on because of PvP?
 

Stop being a carebear, don't you know this is a FULL LOOT OPEN WORLD PVP GAME?!!!! Ugh, all these noobs that just won't git gud and complain when I gank them in PVP space. It's the game, not the player! Also this game needs to be more PVP focused, it's the only real content- everything else in game should just there to support it. I mean it's pvp space so expect to be blown up; it's all fair game! Yeah there is no prison system... or bounty system.... or in game NPC's to help police space... or incentives to not pirate, it's great! Full gank, full loot baby!

If we didn't have safe zones all these whiny carebears would stop playing and the full loot pvp master-race of noveans will finally rise! The issue with every other full-loot pvp mmo is they tried to cater to the majority of their casual carebears making the game fun for nobody. Don't make the same mistake NQ, listen to your hardcore PVP crowd or this game will end up like every other full loot focused pvp MMO with a subscription, dead. I'm not being toxic, you're being toxic... there is nothing toxic about communities in full loot pvp games.. you just need to git gud.

This post brought to you by salt-dipped sarcasm pops! Don't believe the taste, wipe away your doubt and try one today!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BlindingBright, did you ever gave a try playing counterstrike ?

Thats probably the thing you're looking for. No brain needed, only reflects.

EDIT: I have to add ... I loved it

 

I was too drunk to understand the substantial message.

And I didn't watch the vid. I'm sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

Stop being a carebear, don't you know this is a FULL LOOT OPEN WORLD PVP GAME?!!!! Ugh, all these noobs that just won't git gud and complain when I gank them in PVP space. It's the game, not the player! Also this game needs to be more PVP focused, it's the only real content- everything else in game should just there to support it. I mean it's pvp space so expect to be blown up; it's all fair game! Yeah there is no prison system... or bounty system.... or in game NPC's to help police space... or incentives to not pirate, it's great! Full gank, full loot baby!

If we didn't have safe zones all these whiny carebears would stop playing and the full loot pvp master-race of noveans will finally rise! The issue with every other full-loot pvp mmo is they tried to cater to the majority of their casual carebears making the game fun for nobody. Don't make the same mistake NQ, listen to your hardcore PVP crowd or this game will end up like every other full loot focused pvp MMO with a subscription, dead. I'm not being toxic, you're being toxic... there is nothing toxic about communities in full loot pvp games.. you just need to git gud.

This post brought to you by salt-dipped sarcasm pops! Don't believe the taste, wipe away your doubt and try one today!

 

 

NGL you had me there for a minute... I was all ready to write an angry rebuttal... until I actually read the post. LOL.

Big fan of Josh's stuff... Love his no nonsense discussion and cute mugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are starting to take a good direction with these modifications.
 

There is still the impact of the cross section:
- Ridiculously high hit chance on XS/S with L weapons

- No taking into account the new TTK for dual universe which is not 1 gunner seat per real player but rather 2.

- Last point to improve, ensure that the upper third voxels have true values in % resistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Snipey said:

Any topic from @ELX987 should be ignored as he contributes nothing but drama to the community.

 

Mematic_20220417_055203.jpg

to be fair the only posts regarding me that you have made are drama related so...

 

also arent those IRL politics in your PFP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ELX987 said:

to be fair the only posts regarding me that you have made are drama related so...

 

also arent those IRL politics in your PFP?

Tell us again how you started a thread that doxed an NQ employee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snipey said:

Tell us again how you started a thread that doxed an NQ employee. 

 

I mean...for the record, It was @blazemonger that actually did the "doxxing" and you can't really blame someone just for starting the thread (which wasn't at all calling for that) 😅

 

Not that this has anything to do with the topic, just saying... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, blundertwink said:

 

I mean...for the record, It was @blazemonger that actually did the "doxxing" and you can't really blame someone just for starting the thread (which wasn't at all calling for that) 😅

 

Not that this has anything to do with the topic, just saying... 

that thread was regarding a news article, and NQ closed it because someone not myself put a devs LinkedIn profile there, i denounce doxxing and never will condone it.

 

thread in queston: 

read for yourself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...