Jump to content

Mission system is badly needed (hauler for ressources / delivery jobs)


realMod
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would consider spending more time ingame if I could offer jobs to have ressources / items delivered to a place of my choice.

 

Having to taxi to the markets and back is not what I want as a playstyle.

 

Is there any schedule regarding the ingame mission system?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I think they need delivery as an in-game system, not player controlled.  The logistics involved in timely deliveries on such a scale would be difficult for players to do reliably and consistently (not to mention a source of griefing).  But I do agree, the market trips is not my idea of fun either, and one of the major deal breakers for me (which unfortunately the schematic system forces you to do).

 

Basically implement a postal service (even early WOW had that).  If players want to create a Fedex service as competition, cool, but at least we would have base functionality guaranteed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think it would be economically sensible for people to run those jobs you would post?  Or would people be able to make a lot more money in the same amount of time mining and selling to bot orders?  Say you can mine 200kl per hour and sell at 25 quanta per kl, that means you're making about 5 million per hour.  If your hauling job is going to take someone a total of 30 minutes to complete, would you be paying them anywhere near 2.5 million?  If not why would they do it instead of the mining?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Do you think it would be economically sensible for people to run those jobs you would post?  Or would people be able to make a lot more money in the same amount of time mining and selling to bot orders?  Say you can mine 200kl per hour and sell at 25 quanta per kl, that means you're making about 5 million per hour.  If your hauling job is going to take someone a total of 30 minutes to complete, would you be paying them anywhere near 2.5 million?  If not why would they do it instead of the mining?

That's exactly why "missions" wont be such a big deal as ppl think. Because they're only contracts and not a whole NEW gameplay loop 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

That's exactly why "missions" wont be such a big deal as ppl think. Because they're only contracts and not a whole NEW gameplay loop 

It doesnt matter how many times we tell these people or NQ, they dont listen.  Only a very very small subset of people will be "career haulers". And while that's fine not knocking it, this little "update" is an almost identical copy of eve's contract system. Which is ok but it's footnote in a patch not something to be touted as new gameplay. Becauseit's not. Look at eve. A large portion still do their own hauling. Or they have friends with Jump freighters in alliance do it free. Same will apply to DU. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

It doesnt matter how many times we tell these people or NQ, they dont listen.  Only a very very small subset of people will be "career haulers". And while that's fine not knocking it, this little "update" is an almost identical copy of eve's contract system. Which is ok but it's footnote in a patch not something to be touted as new gameplay. Becauseit's not. Look at eve. A large portion still do their own hauling. Or they have friends with Jump freighters in alliance do it free. Same will apply to DU. 

 

 

I'm really not sure what you want from them.  You want them to not add the mission system because Eve did it first?  Do you want them to literally announce it in a footnote at the bottom of the patch notes?

 

Between players, contracts are nothing more then an advanced form of a standard mmo "trade window" that allows you to have something transported without needing to trust someone completely.  In a game where moving things has a cost, that seems like a good idea right?

 

It's not new gameplay.  It facilitates one type of gameplay that really wouldn't happen at all, without it.

 

But really, aren't the missions/contracts that are supposed to be offered as solo missions, the bigger part of the mission system anyway?

 

People have been hollering for another way to make Quanta, that doesn't require mining, and doesn't remove ore from the game.

 

Maybe NQ prioritized the contract system, because people stomped their feet and demanded the solo mission system.

 

Or maybe it was just finished and they figured maybe they'd add it to the game.  Crazy right.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole idea of the mission system is messed up.  I have (had?) a space trucking business.  I wanted mission kiosks that could be put on our claims so I could put them out so that people could chose MY MISSIONS.  That's really what I thought it would be.  I didn't think it would be an auction house style thing where EVERYONE was on the same system. So doing it this way kind of kills all of my ideas 

 

Instead of letting us control our own mission kiosks, its now just another auction house.  No relationships have to be built.  No infrastructure must be built.  No one even has to talk to each other.  It's not emergent game-play at all.  It doesn't matter what contacts I have made.  What kind of reputation I wanted to build.  No one will ever say, "well if you want good reliable service you must hire The Outfit.".  It means that people like the OP will never search out a transportation organization like mine to join up with us.  They don't need us.  No one needs us.

 

Its like every opportunity NQ might offer players for emergent game play and cooperation is destroyed before anyone can even get started because their intention is not to let emergent game play actually emerge. They want to force us into all of it artificially instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

Do you think it would be economically sensible for people to run those jobs you would post?  Or would people be able to make a lot more money in the same amount of time mining and selling to bot orders?  Say you can mine 200kl per hour and sell at 25 quanta per kl, that means you're making about 5 million per hour.  If your hauling job is going to take someone a total of 30 minutes to complete, would you be paying them anywhere near 2.5 million?  If not why would they do it instead of the mining?

WHO CARES ITS SOMETHING TO DO YOU DONT F***** GET IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@%$@#^%&$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion, mission system is not the final solution for lack of income alternatives for players. But it is a small step forward and it could help economy.

 

Also tomorrow is 3 hour maintenance scheduled. It usually means, they are going to install big patch or something new.  We can hope it will be the new mission system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In PTS the mission system was flawed and bugged.  A lot of feedback was given and I think thats why it was pulled in the patch.  I do agree you do need some form of PvE to earn some Quanta and not just via mining.  If they removed bots and had this alternative that would help a lot.  There was a mission a timed one but it got pulled as it was bugged that earned quanta.

 

Fingers crossed.

 

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so in space engineers, the stations buy a random assortment of items at low quantity but higher prices. No ore, only finished products. Instead of bot orders for ore, how hard would it be for NQ to make each market have bot orders for factory items in smaller batches, at above market prices. pure products/products/elements/voxel so many items the bots can randomly buy rather than buy orders for ore.

 

this is where missions come in, they can auto fill for delivery options at markets and the like. If im on alioth and im willing to fly to madis with the order "packaged" I get quanta for my time. I would take that any day over minning and selling entire mega nodes just so I can make items in my factory. Its still taking resources in the game and removing it.. but at least the factory guys get a chance to get in on it if there was extra material around. have 500k Connectors? fill in a delivery order at a random market and sell them proper

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

so in space engineers, the stations buy a random assortment of items at low quantity but higher prices. No ore, only finished products. Instead of bot orders for ore, how hard would it be for NQ to make each market have bot orders for factory items in smaller batches, at above market prices. pure products/products/elements/voxel so many items the bots can randomly buy rather than buy orders for ore.

 

this is where missions come in, they can auto fill for delivery options at markets and the like. If im on alioth and im willing to fly to madis with the order "packaged" I get quanta for my time. I would take that any day over minning and selling entire mega nodes just so I can make items in my factory. Its still taking resources in the game and removing it.. but at least the factory guys get a chance to get in on it if there was extra material around. have 500k Connectors? fill in a delivery order at a random market and sell them proper

 

3 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

 

Agree with this totally!

 

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2021 at 1:57 PM, rothbardian said:

You invented giant mining robots. Don't you?

I don't mine and haven't played for a while.  That's what someone told me was a good mining rate several months ago.  IDK if it's true.

 

Giant mining robots would be cool though :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2021 at 3:28 AM, Snipey said:

WHO CARES ITS SOMETHING TO DO YOU DONT F***** GET IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@%$@#^%&$

...not sure if serious...

 

But the content in these 'missions' doesn't sound all that much fun.  If it's not all that much fun and makes less money than mining to bots then I think we can all guess how many people will be running these after the first couple of weeks.

 

It was a serious question, the op was talking about offering the jobs and I was genuinely interested if the jobs they would offer would compete with bot mining or not.

 

IMO what we need now is things that are thought all the way through, not more stuff chucked out there "because it's something to do", "because it's on the roadmap" or "because it's late" without any real thought for whether it will actually change anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I am really excited about the mission system as it is a step towards a more coherent civilisation.  Personally I plan to use it a lot, our org is desperate for people to move around stuff and happy to pay for people to do it.  I do agree it will not interest some people who are driven by 'quanta per hour' but anyone really serious about that wouldnt have been selling ore to bots (anyone who knows the game well will tell you that is the lowest return on your time invested).  It is not only hauling which it could help, provision of repair and refuel services for example will now become a lot more viable.  I just wish is included some form of marketing when player could place adverts for quanta and showcase there own venues.  Simple letting us add icons to tiles we own on the map to show public venues would be a good start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

...not sure if serious...

 

But the content in these 'missions' doesn't sound all that much fun.  If it's not all that much fun and makes less money than mining to bots then I think we can all guess how many people will be running these after the first couple of weeks.

 

It was a serious question, the op was talking about offering the jobs and I was genuinely interested if the jobs they would offer would compete with bot mining or not.

 

IMO what we need now is things that are thought all the way through, not more stuff chucked out there "because it's something to do", "because it's on the roadmap" or "because it's late" without any real thought for whether it will actually change anything.

 

Who cares about the money. I have all of it I will ever need. What else is there to do when your income is insanely disposable? Build a city? Cant because players quit and you cant remove their cores. PVP? Cant because gold is more scarce than the pvpers. So the only option left to stick around and "Test" new features is to literally quit the game and come back when there is something to do other than be a slave in a hole for my org. Sorry that you are so small minded you cant see the bigger picture from inside your hole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, Lethys said:

That's exactly why "missions" wont be such a big deal as ppl think. Because they're only contracts and not a whole NEW gameplay loop 

Funny, I see the OP as evidence of why they will be a big deal.  Because the ability to "offer jobs to have resources / items delivered to a place of my choice" is already there!  You just have to use discord or at least in some way actually talk to other people to arrange them. 

 

And yet, there are clearly many people who play but are unwilling to engage in that way.  A mission system could be what connects the anti-social to other players to perform these jobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SpaceBird said:

Funny, I see the OP as evidence of why they will be a big deal.  Because the ability to "offer jobs to have resources / items delivered to a place of my choice" is already there!  You just have to use discord or at least in some way actually talk to other people to arrange them. 

 

And yet, there are clearly many people who play but are unwilling to engage in that way.  A mission system could be what connects the anti-social to other players to perform these jobs.

Yup, we'll see in some weeks how it's done. Be prepared to pay a lot of money for those deliveries tho XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SpaceBird said:

Funny, I see the OP as evidence of why they will be a big deal.  Because the ability to "offer jobs to have resources / items delivered to a place of my choice" is already there!  You just have to use discord or at least in some way actually talk to other people to arrange them. 

 

And yet, there are clearly many people who play but are unwilling to engage in that way.  A mission system could be what connects the anti-social to other players to perform these jobs.

 

Well, that's the thing for me about Discord:

 

DU does not have NPCs by design. So all the interaction is to take place between human beings.

 

I found the community very helpful when asked.

 

It is more the question of playstyle and immersion - Fedex-ing default deliveries would save some time.

 

I do wonder:

 

How will the transport of items take place, let's say:

 

I am buying something remotely at the market and want this to be collected and delivered. Is this possible as of now?

 

Or do you refer to the deliverer having to own the items in question first and then selling them with a delivery fee?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, realMod said:

 

 

I am buying something remotely at the market and want this to be collected and delivered. Is this possible as of now?

 

Or do you refer to the deliverer having to own the items in question first and then selling them with a delivery fee?

 

Currently (I believe) you can give somebody permission to pick up stuff from the market for you (May benorgs only, haven’t tested). The problem is this gives them the ability to pick up every thing you have in every market.

 

plus there is no way to ensure they deliver. Missions I assume would have insurance for them not completing mission, bond, etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...