Jump to content

[Discuss] We've Heard You!


Recommended Posts

havent a clue what this new update is about or wtf schemantics are but they sound like just another clock based feature wall in a gameplay thats already revolves around timers & clocks ,, that in itself wouldnt be a bad thing if it was at least mildly entertaining,  but it just isnt..  and i think that's one of DU's biggest problem, it just a gigantic boring chore of either hording or maintenance of ingame things..  the gui is horrid in every way,,  pvp sucks , and the building tools are very limiting still ...,

 i quit a couple of weeks back, had a great kick out of DU for the past 2 years but i just dont see it going anywhere at this stage,, the tech is great n all but the game  itself is going to have very serious player retention problems in the long run for the simple reason of not catering to their potential & existing customers...

wish all  the best to Nq and their labrats :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have your devs play the game , from the start with no god mode    They will learn more from that than any hand picked forum

Just forget about ATV. Their influence was clearly bad on this game. Learn about the history of MMOs to avoid repeating the same mistakes other already made in past. And play your own game (

And yet again, NQ has proven they're out of touch with how the players have been playing the game.   Setting up a factory to produce everything one desires is just the first step, for many o

Posted Images

Schematics mean there is little point to having more than one factory.  Perhaps that is their goal... saving server cost on their side by reducing the number of factories.  If so its working... I've stripped one factory down to the ground and if I feel like risking my L core ship, may go strip another.  So good nudge NQ.  btw - 0.23 also caused me to re-evaluate if DU is the game I wanted to focus on (after 3ish years of playing).  It caused me to look around... and I found ED.  A few hours there and the luster of DU quickly tarnishes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pleione said:

Schematics mean there is little point to having more than one factory.  Perhaps that is their goal... saving server cost on their side by reducing the number of factories.  If so its working... I've stripped one factory down to the ground and if I feel like risking my L core ship, may go strip another.  So good nudge NQ.  btw - 0.23 also caused me to re-evaluate if DU is the game I wanted to focus on (after 3ish years of playing).  It caused me to look around... and I found ED.  A few hours there and the luster of DU quickly tarnishes.

 

Whereas ED was boring to me.

 

You willing to sell off your industry and a discount? I'm building an industrial park for the purpose of helping new players get a start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Penwith said:

 

Whereas ED was boring to me.

 

You willing to sell off your industry and a discount? I'm building an industrial park for the purpose of helping new players get a start.

And ED may become boring to me as well, after I do some game exploration... the point was I was VERY dedicated to DU, and no longer am.

 

My factories will be consolidated to my space station with excess sold on the market at going prices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 3:51 AM, XKentX said:

Like you go code, get paid, pay what you earned for the game and then code and build the game you paid for ?

Ha, yea, they say do what you love and you'll work every damn' day of your life, right!? or is that how the saying usually goes🤔

But for real, that's why I'm here and playing Dual Universe.. to be part of building a whole new world... it looks like a lot of people on here are forgetting that this world will ultimately be built by us, and not Novaquark... the fun part to me right now is seeing such a large, blank canvas of a digital frontier that all of us creators are going to vie to direct. I totally understand how this version of the game isn't fun for most types of gamers compared to so many other fast-paced, ever-rewarding games out there..  but DU is undoubtedly going to get cooler and cooler every day from people in the community who just love creating... after enough time, we'll all figure out better and better ways to create objectives and different forms of gameplay for each other, but everyone is going to have to give NQ time... whether you give them money, if you're not that interested in being part of the creation-process, is up to you

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WylieFox said:

Ha, yea, they say do what you love and you'll work every damn' day of your life, right!? or is that how the saying usually goes🤔

But for real, that's why I'm here and playing Dual Universe.. to be part of building a whole new world... it looks like a lot of people on here are forgetting that this world will ultimately be built by us, and not Novaquark... the fun part to me right now is seeing such a large, blank canvas of a digital frontier that all of us creators are going to vie to direct. I totally understand how this version of the game isn't fun for most types of gamers compared to so many other fast-paced, ever-rewarding games out there..  but DU is undoubtedly going to get cooler and cooler every day from people in the community who just love creating... after enough time, we'll all figure out better and better ways to create objectives and different forms of gameplay for each other, but everyone is going to have to give NQ time... whether you give them money, if you're not that interested in being part of the creation-process, is up to you

The only way DU will get cool is if NQ lets it. If they keep letting their "vision" and "intended use" crap get in the way, while moving the goalpost further and further, it won't even survive this Alpha Beta.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And if they want us to use the markets, don't make them a pain too:

 

I just took 3 large cargo containers full of extra "stuff" I had to the marketplace.  Something like 50 different items.  Because they allow people to post a price of 10,000,000 for a 1000 quanta item, the "average price" can be way skewed.   Perhaps they consider that another acceptable exploit... but I wasn't going to spend 2 days looking up prices for each and every item I had to sell.  Also curious how it establishes a price when the item isn't available anywhere in the market?  Anyhow, they need to put safety limits in on prices to... you know... HELP people.  (FYI - I used the interface that pops up when you drop something in the marketplace container.)

 

Maybe I'm just spoiled by marketplaces like BDO has...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 4:25 AM, GraXXoR said:

It beggars belief that JC still has bots in the game...

 

bots giving out free money, bots buying ore at a fixed price and bots taking all the quanta back by selling magic potions.
 

This is basically the China factory syndrome: pay your workers then force them to use your restaurants, accommodation and leisure facilities, completely capturing the flow of capital and leaving little “leakage” for third parties.
 

I’m no economist, but this just seems like patent nonsense to me from a gaming (not a hyper-exploitative cotton farm in China) viewpoint. 
 

JC has decried the lack of human interaction. Hell he was even willing to risk losing or at least alienating half his player base to address the issue...
 

and what does he go and do? Basically set up a short circuit between a sweet trifecta of his own bots, effectively cutting human interaction out of the entire transaction from ore to store. 

dig by yourself.  Sell to bots. Get money for existing, the give all that money back to JC... so that you can once again craft your own shit for your own ships.

 

Well played, JC, you could have probably written the background story to Brazil! 

 

Hey NQ! Read this! It's spot on 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Raker1 said:

Many players signed up to the 3 month subscription on beta release 27 August, that ends 27th Dec

 

After that date NQ will see the true numbers of those that have left

 

I suspect a change in attitude after that date 

Subscription will renews automatically unless you know how to cancel it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raker1 said:

Many players signed up to the 3 month subscription on beta release 27 August, that ends 27th Dec

 

After that date NQ will see the true numbers of those that have left

 

I suspect a change in attitude after that date 

They won't really care, all the revenue should go to next quarter most likely.

They will represent quarter report with pre 0.23 numbers.

They will represent next quarter report with 0.24? numbers that I guess should bring people.

 

DU will be start turning into ghost town after 27th dec.

 

I got an industry alt to have industry skills, paid 21$ to have it.

After skillpoint reset and schems price being 90% of product price it was wise to invest points into manufacturing speed.

Guess what ? Those skills don't work on any t2+ recipes/machines etc.

Now they lowered schem prices and the whole idea of investing into speed is in doubt.

Do you see me paying another 21$ for that ? (They refused skill point reset when I opened a ticket).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 3:52 AM, Elitez said:

Double the resources for your ship, save bp, put it base in container > insurance"

You already have it, you want QoL type of item so you dont have to sink time in the game. Meh. Thats meh. We dont do that here.

Quote from Contact:

 

“Why build only one when you can build two at twice the price?”

 

not entirely sure that’s how insurance works, mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Quote from Contact:

 

“Why build only one when you can build two at twice the price?”

 

not entirely sure that’s how insurance works, mate. 

Yes, thats not how insurance works but where would you like the items to come from? Insurance in DU is a dumb idea. You cant make items appear from now with a LTI Lifetime insurance, right ?

This is not csgo with space ships.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i HAVE GIVEN THIS UPDATE AN HONEST TRY. . Just makes no sense in the scheme of things. You want everyone in a org working for the man, fine by me. Many other games to play. Running all over the universe chasing schematics, is i admit a great time sink and great for the major corps selling warp cells. You pretty much have trashed all our industry set ups, half the units have to be replaced. instead of doing an incremental steps to change things and let us adjust to your new way of forcing us to play you threw it all at us at once. Just not worth the time and trouble from a game point of view for me personally. This makes twice now I have been disappointed when financially backing game development. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure 0.23 was a mortal blow for the game.  I worked hard (12+ hours a day for 3+ months) to get to the point of being able to build a Warp Beacon.  Towards the end, it was a real drag - basically spending the entire day doing 15 minute scans in hopes of finding a single vein of T5  Niobium ore, knowing it takes several veins to make the alloys required (plus all the T1->T4 ores).  Still, I did it, since my goal was in sight.  I've gone from the 4 yard line to the 99.5 yard line now - the game didn't nudge me to something a bit harder, it tackled and plowed my head into the ground and claimed "Gee that was fun, get up and lets do it again, and again, and again".

 

I can't understand the lore (and yeah, lore is important) behind not being able to duplicate schematics some 10,000 years into our future.  In fact, with industries so relatively cheap, not sure why each has a schematic box.  Each industry can only run one thing at a time.  There is no LUA code that would allow cycling between them, and even if there were, the 10 input links would severely limit that usefulness.

 

Suspect I'm going to have to hear something like 0.25 will be both a wipe and bot free to bother to come back.  I've been logging in daily for the bonus, but the impulse to do that is fading quickly as well.

 

Have we seen any of the rollbacks promised yet, beyond the income change and schematic price change?  If so, I missed the announcement of the damage change rollback and the like, much less any compensation for cores blown post 0.23.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pleione said:

I worked hard (12+ hours a day for 3+ months)

I've struggled to understand why 0.23 impacted so many but hardly phased me. Maybe that is one reason, people putting in too much work too early in the development of the game and a patch triggers a burn out? If that's the case then taking a break may be a good thing either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Haunty said:

I've struggled to understand why 0.23 impacted so many but hardly phased me. Maybe that is one reason, people putting in too much work too early in the development of the game and a patch triggers a burn out? If that's the case then taking a break may be a good thing either way.

May be because you very experienced, early-start, relativly in game wealthy and lot-of-play-time player? 

 

This why you not in demographics that were hurt most by this so called update. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

May be because you very experienced, early-start, relativly in game game wealthy and lot-of-play-time player? 

 

This why you not in demographics that were hurt most by this so called update. 

 

I resemble that remark, except I'm infrastructure wealthy, cash poor - and now crushed.  I found the playability reasonable for the past 3 years, this patch pushed me well past the level of grind I'm comfortable with.  I'm an industrialist by choice, miner by need.  I currently have over 3 years of skills in the queue and would have more but got bored adding them.  I just can't see waiting 3-5 years for my skills to get to level 5 in the industrial chain and having to grind that long just for schematics to reactivate what I had.

 

Guess it just comes down to Heinlein's "Specialization is for insects" (look it up if your not familiar with the full quote)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pleione said:

I resemble that remark, except I'm infrastructure wealthy, cash poor - and now crushed.  I found the playability reasonable for the past 3 years, this patch pushed me well past the level of grind I'm comfortable with.  I'm an industrialist by choice, miner by need.  I currently have over 3 years of skills in the queue and would have more but got bored adding them.  I just can't see waiting 3-5 years for my skills to get to level 5 in the industrial chain and having to grind that long just for schematics to reactivate what I had.

 

Guess it just comes down to Heinlein's "Specialization is for insects" (look it up if your not familiar with the full quote)

I was in the same situation. I had massive industry orbiting Thades but little cash. I was playing largely in isolation, other than when I sold direct to orgs, but that's the play style Solo players choose. I was building a launch pad for planetary PVP on the edge of safe space. NQ just announced mining units and planetary PVP are coming next year which will probably bring me back, but having 90% of my industry now effecitvely bankrupt I'm not sure how long I'll last even when I come back next year. Definitely won't be buying more than a months sub to try it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you that as a new player the only thing worth doing is mining ore to sell. It's not worth it to make anything. You know you can't even completely recreate the starter speeder with the nanocrafter? (Mine somehow got corrupted from compactification). It requires headlights. You can buy them for 10k a piece, to make them requires a 200k schematic. 200k! For what? The market is flooded with headlights, but no buy orders. Maybe I'm missing something. I was hoping that it would be possible to play solo or with a couple of friends but it seems unlikely. I like the idea of schematics, but it looks like they are priced to slow down "end game" players. I'll probably screw around with it another week or two, but kind of disappointed that I backed it at this point. Of course I've backed stuff that never saw the light of day so it could be worse. I was enjoying it for a while anyway.

 

I'm guessing that you need years worth of skills to get past the break even point of manufacturing or refining. I can only assume that's the disconnect and they want new players to be dependent on orgs. That's a long time to play space minecraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Armaden said:

I can tell you that as a new player the only thing worth doing is mining ore to sell. It's not worth it to make anything. You know you can't even completely recreate the starter speeder with the nanocrafter? (Mine somehow got corrupted from compactification). It requires headlights. You can buy them for 10k a piece, to make them requires a 200k schematic. 200k! For what? The market is flooded with headlights, but no buy orders. Maybe I'm missing something. I was hoping that it would be possible to play solo or with a couple of friends but it seems unlikely. I like the idea of schematics, but it looks like they are priced to slow down "end game" players. I'll probably screw around with it another week or two, but kind of disappointed that I backed it at this point. Of course I've backed stuff that never saw the light of day so it could be worse. I was enjoying it for a while anyway.

 

I'm guessing that you need years worth of skills to get past the break even point of manufacturing or refining. I can only assume that's the disconnect and they want new players to be dependent on orgs. That's a long time to play space minecraft.

Take the speeder parts and you can build a much better ship with it. Don't rebuild the speeder.

Add wings and some engines you can nanocraft - it will fly (reconfigure as flying consturct)

Add containers you can nanocraft - it will be able to haul some stuff

Add space stuff - it can fly to space

 

All those headlights etc are not worth it at the start. Once you get a hand of stuff then plan/create a bigger and more beautiful ship. Remember that crashing is common at the start so you don't want that much elements on your starter crafts. (3 times they get "red" and you need to replace them)

 

You should not think about "building everything on my own" post nanocrafter. Mine for an hour and sell what you have mined, you will be able to buy most of the stuff you need for a basic ship.

If you purchase a schematic you should have a plan how to make it run 24/7 so it's not wasted.

If you want to try industry aim for single end product and build a chain up to it. Keep in mind prices are screwed up atm as economy is still recovering post patch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Armaden said:

I'm guessing that you need years worth of skills to get past the break even point of manufacturing or refining. I can only assume that's the disconnect and they want new players to be dependent on orgs. That's a long time to play space minecraft.

This statement right here is a big part of the disconnect in the community. So many think it's supposed to be SP space minecraft on easy mode. The idea they can't do everything all by themselves is the problem. This is naturally the fault of NQ by putting the game into the wild with solo players being able to do it all themselves in the first place. Now, because of that, and the bots, everyone thinks the easy mode we have is the way it's supposed to be. Naturally they feel affronted when updates seem like they "take away" gameplay, rather then viewing them as fixing a broken dynamic of everyone can do everything all on their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites

just add endless solarsystems and give us opportunity to play as we want, that means dont be mad if " isolated islands of players playing in almost full autonomy ", because why not and blocking this with grind walls for valueable things (territory scanner, M container,lights etc) is very sad. Just be more creative offering other ways to play and let players keep the feeling of having a choice how to play at any time (give me factory on flying ship because you are telling me you can warp around in year 3000 but not able to put a refiner on a mining ship or ammo factory on supplyship or something). If you offer a "universe" to players, its very common having some of them playing completely on theyr own, because it is a "universe" and we dont need to be steered by you to play the game you expect us to play if you expect us to pay :P. This is the way how different things will evolve.
But stop looking to much at real life while designing a video game, instead of one thing: these damn stripes while flying through space... let me finally turn them off. if you track data youll see 70% will turn them off because its distracting, ugly and has nothing to do with moving in space. i think space would not even look like this if you could travel at lightspeed and we are traveling only at 30k km/h max so why striping everything ugly? Space is beautiful just beeing empty and having some non moving nebulas very far away. Coming closer and closer to a Planet was looking nice in the past but now its "is it there? oh i missed it because stripes where so distracting"...

 

I want so much planets that players didnt even hear about the most of them after years ingame. that warping thing (i dont like it) did make the current solarsystem very small, so there is much need on adding some hugeness again. planing a trip to another planet because it took 4 hours is more fun to me than grind 40hours for territory scanner which should be common tool in a world you are ming 90% of the day.

 

Having every Player inside fully editable Universe is very special in video game industry, paying for streched and time consuming gameplay is absolutely not. what i mean is playing 40hours to just get your territory scanner (but you want min. 3 of them to be happy). Right now everything took so much time and this makes everything so valuable that no one is stupid enouth to start a war or something, every big orga would loose its people because theyll be fed up with mining 4 hours to shoot one bullet on somebody. You are more giving us virtual jobs inside the virtual economy of your dreams than giving us sandbox to make our own and be able to create something other players could enjoy. Now tell me who would pay for a job? And also have in mind: Has EVE Online created the world wide hype every dev is dreaming of or did minecraft? :P

 

Happy Holidays to you guys :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...