Jump to content

[Discuss] We've Heard You!


NQ-Naunet
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, XKentX said:

Take the speeder parts and you can build a much better ship with it. Don't rebuild the speeder.

Add wings and some engines you can nanocraft - it will fly (reconfigure as flying consturct)

Add containers you can nanocraft - it will be able to haul some stuff

Add space stuff - it can fly to space

 

All those headlights etc are not worth it at the start. Once you get a hand of stuff then plan/create a bigger and more beautiful ship. Remember that crashing is common at the start so you don't want that much elements on your starter crafts. (3 times they get "red" and you need to replace them)

 

You should not think about "building everything on my own" post nanocrafter. Mine for an hour and sell what you have mined, you will be able to buy most of the stuff you need for a basic ship.

If you purchase a schematic you should have a plan how to make it run 24/7 so it's not wasted.

If you want to try industry aim for single end product and build a chain up to it. Keep in mind prices are screwed up atm as economy is still recovering post patch.

yes go mining for one hour without container and if you have container fill it up without ship to carry it and if you finaly have that stuff you can start playing after 30 hours of nonesense grinding. on that point you havent even thought about building your own base because how can you bring 15k m³ concrete to your place so you just put some bare factorys and grind a few days until you get your first L container and call it "base" because a good looking base would be nonesense timewasting in mining and crafting. Until you have your first M Anti Gravity Generator you can complete other games several times and what is when you crash it on first flight? this is the point where more and more players will think about how they are using lifetime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, XKentX said:

Take the speeder parts and you can build a much better ship with it. Don't rebuild the speeder.

 

If you want to try industry aim for single end product and build a chain up to it. Keep in mind prices are screwed up atm as economy is still recovering post patch.

It was a good suggestion, I just went a step further and bought a Dragonfly and upgraded it until it was space flight capable. Not the best space ship, but it did make it to sanctuary (on the 3rd try getting out of atmosphere).

 

The problem with industry is there's no point in trying it with the economy the way it is. Mining and daily login is the only way to make any money as a new player. There is no starting out industry loop gameplay, at least one that you can make money. Typical MMO's you start out producing at a loss but gain experience so there's some sort of incentive. Here you just throw credits into the fire and watch it burn. I get that they needed to make changes to industry and the reasoning behind it. But there's two problems here; first if you're making a drastic change like that you probably need to do a full wipe and second you need to have other gameplay loops in place.

 

Full wipe is a double edged sword though. All those players that have invested so much time in Alpha and Beta would not be happy to lose all that progression and then have to start over with the new system as it stands. 

 

On a more positive note, here's my awesome Dragonfly. lol

2020-12-25_(2).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Armaden said:

 

Full wipe is a double edged sword though. All those players that have invested so much time in Alpha and Beta would not be happy to lose all that progression and then have to start over with the new system as it stands. 

 

I'm an alpha player that started in January of 2018 with thousands of hours in the game, hell, probably approaching a thousand hours since pre-beta.  I would welcome a wipe IF:

 

1) The game came back with ZERO bots allowing for the promised player based economy to actually be a player based economy

2) Schematics were seriously reworked.  I fine  with having to buy, oh, say, Tier 3 and above schematics - once.  Not once for every warp cell factory. 

3) They get back to a lore based architecture:

     A)  Stupid not being able to duplicate, at low cost, a schematic for ones own use 10,000 years into our future.

     B ) Rockets?  Really?  How about fusion jets (aka FireFly)

4) Massive reduction is skillcounts.  It should take 6 years of game play to master industrial skills or months to master iron processing just to have to start over to do aluminum.  e.g.  Let the sandbox be a sandbox again.  OK with concepts like "Tier 1 mining", but not 5 Tier 1 mining skills.

5) Removal of luck based windfalls - keep the playing field level.

6)  Total revamp of PVP.  Stupid that an XS ship can dead-stop in front of a moving L ship and destroy the L ship while taking no damage.  That was perfectly acceptable in Alpha, as a placeholder, not in Beta.

 

Alas, I fear none of those things will come to pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, XKentX said:

If you want to try industry aim for single end product and build a chain up to it.

Just to realize that you can't make profit with this product because some idiots started selling it below production costs? That was not a problem before the patch because it was easy to switch to another product. With the required investment for schematas I can't recommend industry as buisiness model for new players anymore. The only reliable entry buisiness is mining. Industry is just for fun at that level and a production line for a single product isn't fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Just to realize that you can't make profit with this product because some idiots started selling it below production costs? That was not a problem before the patch because it was easy to switch to another product. With the required investment for schematas I can't recommend industry as buisiness model for new players anymore. The only reliable entry buisiness is mining. Industry is just for fun at that level and a production line for a single product isn't fun.

Ye if only it worked properly. Logged this evening to mine some hematite, after 30kl boom, stuck with pending operation. Logged off, waited ~30min, logged back in, still stuck, kk thx bb.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Emptiness said:

All of which were spent in cryo, with no technological development occurring. Our ingame tech level is still back where it was when the arkship left Earth.

Exactly my point:  We had an ARKSHIP!  One that lasted 10,000 years to deliver us.  Think of the technology required to build that.  We have NOTHING (at least that I can think of) that mankind has ever built that lasted 10,000 years - not even the pyramids (which are about 4000 years old and built of friggen stone).  The bloody whole thing is supported by a beam of light!  Obviously the tech used is far an above beyond what we have today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a new Player:

 

Get rid of Blueprints for all Tier 1 and everything you can build in Assemly Line M and lower.

Give the new Players some aire and possibilities.

I would not mind buying Blueprints for advanced Stuff.

Right now it is even hard for me to go to the next Market.

And all i see is "You need the Blueprint".

So i cant experiment.

I want to build a smal ship as i statet in another Post. But how?

The Tutorial wont work. I have no clue what i need.

And for everything i need to travel to the market.

What if i forget 1 wing or 1 brake is not enough?

Waste another 15 min for travelling to the Market?

 

 

And to those who are saying "You can build a better Ship with what you have", plz consider, that new Players dont know how and cant try stuff out, because we cant build stuff!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2020 at 2:00 AM, lobolito said:

As a new Player:

 

Get rid of Blueprints for all Tier 1 and everything you can build in Assemly Line M and lower.

Give the new Players some aire and possibilities.

I would not mind buying Blueprints for advanced Stuff.

Right now it is even hard for me to go to the next Market.

And all i see is "You need the Blueprint".

So i cant experiment.

I want to build a smal ship as i statet in another Post. But how?

The Tutorial wont work. I have no clue what i need.

And for everything i need to travel to the market.

What if i forget 1 wing or 1 brake is not enough?

Waste another 15 min for travelling to the Market?

 

 

And to those who are saying "You can build a better Ship with what you have", plz consider, that new Players dont know how and cant try stuff out, because we cant build stuff!

Welcome to DU, now get in the mines! lol! j/k.... mostly...

 

I'd say make all T1 through XL be freed from schematics. There is no real reason for T1 schematics other than making the game noob-hostile and org-centric.

 

I don't think they really thought the schematics system through before implementing them, especially the impact on early gameplay. The term "schematic" isn't even correct. When you modify a machine or assembly line IRL to make a different thing, it's called "retooling." So, perhaps "Tool Set" would be a better term than schematic, but the idea is still crap.

 

NQ, more specifically JC, honestly knows nothing of actual manufacturing and is making a lot of assumptions that just aren't correct, and trying to incorporate any sort of artificial limitations to emulate the real-world is just going to piss people off enough to quit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol I tried to offer to come scoop them, hook them up with a ship/base, rations, etc to help get them past some of the hurdles but even stil they chose not to play the game. They arent the first new player either that I offered that deal to but they are so turned off by the tutorial and the start that most give up before they even get going and I almost quit before I got rolling too. Im sure many other new players dont even take the time to even voice their concerns before they quit.

 

New players need some starting faction to pull together organizations and to have a fully functional ship, base, ration generations of gas/scrap and the ability to at least try out all the roles before going into one of the 3-4 main roles within the game. Without being able to try any of the industry right up front or allowing for some self sufficiency is a bad president to set even if they want to force conformed micro compartmentalized roles. It just simply does not work that way nor the type of playstles or play time people typically have on any given day being on the average of 1-4 hours for most people. Not being able to do anything beyond 1 role especially for our industry guy who has nothing to do since he cant fly, cant mine, cant run the machine, or pretty much play the game right now beyond moral support is rediculous for both new, current, or vet players.

 

There is no real higher function or purpose to most of the game as it currently is beyond mass producing and saturation of the market just to do it since nobody really wants to pvp and most features are being nerfed and somehow that is supposed to be a good thing when there should be more freedom, more renewable resources, more production, and JC just might get his epic single spacewar battle otherwise its JC handing large orgs everything while everyone else might see the content before JC again nerfs everything in the game so a handful of orgs can have fun while everyone else is being strangled by red tape and bone headed decisions. The vision is killing this game.

 

It will never be Eve, Star Citizen or any of the already niche market games they listed. Its a fact that they do it better and they make more money. a mine craft clone with space elements and EQN landmark building in a limited single solar system game is not my idea of shooting for the stars as it were and failing pretty hard in all aspects.

 

I was joking with my mining buddy that if this were told from the perspective of a story or movie it would have played out like:

 

Remember that time in EP4 of Star Wars when Obi Wan, Luke, Han, and Chewie were going to leave Mos Esiley pinned down by storm troopers who are growing by the minuite but they couldnt leave because the Millennium Falcon needed 12 L stabilizers to get it off the ground  but they spend the rest of the moving trying to position the stabilizers because they needed a bunch of space and couldnt find enough space to fit more than 4 so they finally got arrested by the Empire 1hr 42mins into the movie?

 

Yeah me either...

 

Anyone remember that time in Star Trek when the Klingons fired 6 torpedoes at the Starship Enterprise and it blew up instantly because there was no defense systems developed and they just flat out stole the ship and the show became some wierd spinoff with some bazaro cast of space pirate klingons griefing the universe?

 

Yeah me either...

 

Anyone remember that time in SG1 when the team got pinned down by the replicators and they thought they were gonners until some random patch updated their software and they lacked the schematic to kill humans and hard to go to the market and got scalped since all the market bots bought up the schematics and fleeced the replicators for 3x the price and instead they had to go mining for weeks on end and by the time they went to kill the SG1 team they were long gone?

 

Yeah me either...

 

Anyone remember that time in the Matrix when Trinity wanted to fly the helicopter after saving Morpheus and she went to download the Piloting Talents and her que said that at 90 exp per min it would take her 171 days to be able to fully fly the helicopter and they all died one by one surrounded stuck on the roof by agents and military until the credits rolled?

 

Yeah me neither...

 

It wouldnt be funny if it wasnt how this game plays normally. There is so much red tape and limitations that you cant have heroic moments or cool experiences in this game because the Dystopic Vision demands punishment and gind and monotony their dominatrix would be proud of. Rather then allowing people enough resources as a single or small org crew to even start to fight or do anything since the only real playstyle that matters is PvP or at least the first strike ambush gank pvp playstyle. You can at least cut through 90% of the red tape just by siezing ships then the headache it is to mine, process, craft, and sell items at a loss since most PvP players siezing items dont care how much they post it for and crafters are hurting for money and undercutting themselves just to try and break even before the inflation really hits before they turn around and add mining bots to then oversaturate and undo what they attempted to do. All without any real purpose or function or the ability to make our own markets or give reason to the only thing we can do really is to mine, make items, then gank more items. Its not a very solid gameplay loop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2020 at 7:51 PM, Warlander said:

Lol I tried to offer to come scoop them, hook them up with a ship/base, rations, etc to help get them past some of the hurdles but even stil they chose not to play the game. They arent the first new player either that I offered that deal to but they are so turned off by the tutorial and the start that most give up before they even get going and I almost quit before I got rolling too. Im sure many other new players dont even take the time to even voice their concerns before they quit.

 

New players need some starting faction to pull together organizations and to have a fully functional ship, base, ration generations of gas/scrap and the ability to at least try out all the roles before going into one of the 3-4 main roles within the game. Without being able to try any of the industry right up front or allowing for some self sufficiency is a bad president to set even if they want to force conformed micro compartmentalized roles. It just simply does not work that way nor the type of playstles or play time people typically have on any given day being on the average of 1-4 hours for most people. Not being able to do anything beyond 1 role especially for our industry guy who has nothing to do since he cant fly, cant mine, cant run the machine, or pretty much play the game right now beyond moral support is rediculous for both new, current, or vet players.

 

There is no real higher function or purpose to most of the game as it currently is beyond mass producing and saturation of the market just to do it since nobody really wants to pvp and most features are being nerfed and somehow that is supposed to be a good thing when there should be more freedom, more renewable resources, more production, and JC just might get his epic single spacewar battle otherwise its JC handing large orgs everything while everyone else might see the content before JC again nerfs everything in the game so a handful of orgs can have fun while everyone else is being strangled by red tape and bone headed decisions. The vision is killing this game.

 

It will never be Eve, Star Citizen or any of the already niche market games they listed. Its a fact that they do it better and they make more money. a mine craft clone with space elements and EQN landmark building in a limited single solar system game is not my idea of shooting for the stars as it were and failing pretty hard in all aspects.

 

I was joking with my mining buddy that if this were told from the perspective of a story or movie it would have played out like:

 

Remember that time in EP4 of Star Wars when Obi Wan, Luke, Han, and Chewie were going to leave Mos Esiley pinned down by storm troopers who are growing by the minuite but they couldnt leave because the Millennium Falcon needed 12 L stabilizers to get it off the ground  but they spend the rest of the moving trying to position the stabilizers because they needed a bunch of space and couldnt find enough space to fit more than 4 so they finally got arrested by the Empire 1hr 42mins into the movie?

 

Yeah me either...

 

Anyone remember that time in Star Trek when the Klingons fired 6 torpedoes at the Starship Enterprise and it blew up instantly because there was no defense systems developed and they just flat out stole the ship and the show became some wierd spinoff with some bazaro cast of space pirate klingons griefing the universe?

 

Yeah me either...

 

Anyone remember that time in SG1 when the team got pinned down by the replicators and they thought they were gonners until some random patch updated their software and they lacked the schematic to kill humans and hard to go to the market and got scalped since all the market bots bought up the schematics and fleeced the replicators for 3x the price and instead they had to go mining for weeks on end and by the time they went to kill the SG1 team they were long gone?

 

Yeah me either...

 

Anyone remember that time in the Matrix when Trinity wanted to fly the helicopter after saving Morpheus and she went to download the Piloting Talents and her que said that at 90 exp per min it would take her 171 days to be able to fully fly the helicopter and they all died one by one surrounded stuck on the roof by agents and military until the credits rolled?

 

Yeah me neither...

 

It wouldnt be funny if it wasnt how this game plays normally. There is so much red tape and limitations that you cant have heroic moments or cool experiences in this game because the Dystopic Vision demands punishment and gind and monotony their dominatrix would be proud of. Rather then allowing people enough resources as a single or small org crew to even start to fight or do anything since the only real playstyle that matters is PvP or at least the first strike ambush gank pvp playstyle. You can at least cut through 90% of the red tape just by siezing ships then the headache it is to mine, process, craft, and sell items at a loss since most PvP players siezing items dont care how much they post it for and crafters are hurting for money and undercutting themselves just to try and break even before the inflation really hits before they turn around and add mining bots to then oversaturate and undo what they attempted to do. All without any real purpose or function or the ability to make our own markets or give reason to the only thing we can do really is to mine, make items, then gank more items. Its not a very solid gameplay loop.

Expecting episodic TV thats meant to hold your attention for less then an hour to be mirrored in a game like this is not going to leave you with a satisfactory game experience ever. I also disagree that new players have to be handed all aspects of the game on a silver platter on day one.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2021 at 1:51 AM, Warlander said:

Lol I tried to offer to come scoop them, hook them up with a ship/base, rations, etc to help get them past some of the hurdles but even stil they chose not to play the game. They arent the first new player either that I offered that deal to but they are so turned off by the tutorial and the start that most give up before they even get going and I almost quit before I got rolling too. Im sure many other new players dont even take the time to even voice their concerns before they quit.

 

New players need some starting faction to pull together organizations and to have a fully functional ship, base, ration generations of gas/scrap and the ability to at least try out all the roles before going into one of the 3-4 main roles within the game. Without being able to try any of the industry right up front or allowing for some self sufficiency is a bad president to set even if they want to force conformed micro compartmentalized roles. It just simply does not work that way nor the type of playstles or play time people typically have on any given day being on the average of 1-4 hours for most people. Not being able to do anything beyond 1 role especially for our industry guy who has nothing to do since he cant fly, cant mine, cant run the machine, or pretty much play the game right now beyond moral support is rediculous for both new, current, or vet players.

 

 

I rly like the community and i thank you all a lot.

But that wont help me with a gamemechanic which is zero fun for me.

If i cant build stuff it does not matter if i need 50 Travels to the Market or if someone helps me (Flying + large container) and i only need 1 Trip.

Building was the core theme of the game (as promised and still promised in the Trailers). Now it is "go mining" and sell ore to buy the stuff you should no longer build.

For me this is an awful Gamedesign.

Help wont make that go away.

 

I only checked the forums to see if there is Feedback to my refund-request (in Trailers shown Grafic is not ingame but prerendered and there is no note for that (illegal) + Trailers promise "Create what you want" - and this is a lie too).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lobolito said:

Trailers shown Grafic is not ingame but prerendered and there is no note for that (illegal) + Trailers promise "Create what you want" - and this is a lie too).

Yep, NQ used outright false advertising on several ocasions (with different % of BS), its true. Reason is, that game is in raw Alpha state currently (not Beta, its joke), so they obviously uncomfortable to show things how they are in reality. This why all this trickery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Xennial said:

Expecting episodic TV thats meant to hold your attention for less then an hour to be mirrored in a game like this is not going to leave you with a satisfactory game experience ever. I also disagree that new players have to be handed all aspects of the game on a silver platter on day one.

You're nuts if you think pre-.23 was that easy. I spent weeks building and buying the little industry that I had, just to make a few parts I deemed too expensive on the market. Then .23 came along and killed it all, and the fun that went with it.

 

This patch did nothing but pander to the large orgs and cause a large percentage of the player base to leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

You're nuts if you think pre-.23 was that easy. I spent weeks building and buying the little industry that I had, just to make a few parts I deemed too expensive on the market. Then .23 came along and killed it all, and the fun that went with it.

 

This patch did nothing but pander to the large orgs and cause a large percentage of the player base to leave.

I really dislike what 0.23 did to new players most of all.

 

Nobody will really tell you straight up when you join the game that it will take 10,000 hours of straight up mining to finally be in a position of self sufficiency to actuall even start to experience this game 6-12 months into their start to have a fleet of ships for different purposes, an industry, min/max spec talents with other players, a base or two and being able to finally stand up before you consider the losses from pvp, inefficient machines, dings and smashes to destructible parts, ultra saturated markets, and generally being largely able to not do what you want in game or to have a full functional experience on top of it.

 

If you are a new player you have a mountainous grind to the top of everest when you consider a new player cant reliably do anything in game and forget choosing something fun you want to do, you are expected to mine probably 100 hours to just get a ship going that is even worth going mining for in the first place along with the crashes / destructive elements and general lack of talents. They cant go industry which is now under lock and key and beyond the hands of a new player who might be able to buy some of the basics but will be required to either jump to a higher tier but cant mine the stuff so its pretty pointless. Or that their nano crafter is so inefficient that they might as well be deleting the ore since its at like a 40% loss to everything off the bat just to throw the rest away in repairs. And they also cant go piloting first unless they dont want to be able to mine to get the ore to get the ship to get the ore to crash the ship to fix the ship to mine more ore. Its a hell of a daunting thing to ask people in a game with no respawnable resources and expecting people to mine for like 5-10hrs a day to do just basic things. And the devs keep piling on the hits as time goes on directly intentionally or unintentionally at new players who are stuck in the crossfire each time they punish from the bottom up rather than actually creating a balance by punishing at the top and not necessarily at the top down.

 

For instance rather then knee capping 75% of the people from using their industry when schematics went in they could have let everyone still be able to be sufficient enough to still use the basic recipie but if you wanted something more then you could opt in for the advanced, rare, extended rediculous version and buy a schematic. That would have been fair to the people who invest who knows how much before JC decides to put a lock on it for no real reason and then throwing a wrench in the market so that he can throw a bone to the mega orgs who bought up all the schematics, had all the power, credits, and ability to shrug it off with minimal losses while everyone else got shut down.

 

When they could have not just put some arbitrary content gate and money sink after mega orgs have been pilaging this game in EZ mode upto this point and have massive quantities of parts, ore, territories they got at 100k and cleaned up which now also costs everyone else like 2mil now. They could have just made it so the more land you claim the more expensive it gets to allow mega orgs to expend but at an escalting rate so new players or anyone else could own land but no it neither stops mega orgs who have lots of credits to continue buying up all the juice nodes but it does further prevent anyone else from ever catching up with the mass imbalance they have been allowed to reap and use to their fullest extent up to this point in mining, pvp, and the markets.

 

They could have just thought about this issue for like 5 additional seconds and though hey we have no idea why our market system is broken and terrible and rather than throwing wrenches into things and breaking the game more in favor of JCs precious mega orgs and destroying the rest of the game for anyone else maybe we should prevent people from being able to put so much stuff up on the market. Or that if you only cater to the mega orgs then they will no doubt hyper saturate the market in which case the only way the maket goes from here on out is down into the ground. If your precious buy sell bots didnt manipulate the market in the way it does it would be like 1H for everything right now.

 

When in addition to just letting people keep their T1 industry and upgrade when they wanted and left it alone so anyone could at least maintain their fleets. The real issue is the way the markets are run. All the people who played during pre-0.23 EZ mode have such a collective hoard of items/mats/etc that the market at this point will never fully recover and when the mining bots go in we will have such an influx of mats into the system that will no doubt make some kind of chainmail interlocking grief loops to account for. When from the start they only needed to limit how much you can reliably put up into the market in one weeks time. Supply and demand is a real thing and in DU we cant get the machines running fast enough to keep up with how much crap is put up into the market.

 

There honestly needs to be a liscense system that prevenst people per week from shoveling unlimited quantities of items endlessly into the market. Either the taxes need to be adjusted by the volume or storage space you use in that market. Or there needs to be an additional fee or tax for the priveledge to use the market in the first place to huck those massive quantities into per each individual market. Each week if you intend to sell more than a certain amount of free trade volume limit per day if you want to sell more then that there should be a talent to raise the minimum, but if you want to sell more then that then you need to buy a liscense that renews per week and not per day like the personal free volume. Each wee you need to bet how much you think you can reliably sell. If you dont use all the volume you waste money, dont have enough space you lose money, and it should be about strategically selling items per week when other peoples limits run out or to find the actual sweet spot that you can afford to reliably scale to pay for the scaling liscense volume that has options of 1 week - 1 month to further entice people to lock rates and build up stock rather then the markets we have now.

 

Those two solutions would have been much better then the way schematics are being handled as a content gate & money sink so you can mine more for no reason. Eventually if they box everything out of a new players hands this game is dead before launch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^ @Warlander I am fully ok with schematics system. What i dont like about it its that i had to travel and lose few hours just to get whatever i need. I understand the need for traveling BUT it would be awesome if we can open a piece of industry and unlock for that specific piece of industry the schematic and when we change the recipes, recipes goes in a bank where we can store whatever schematics we have and dont use.

I really like 0.23 and post 0.23 especially with lower price on schematics !

o7

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elitez said:

^^ @Warlander I am fully ok with schematics system. What i dont like about it its that i had to travel and lose few hours just to get whatever i need. I understand the need for traveling BUT it would be awesome if we can open a piece of industry and unlock for that specific piece of industry the schematic and when we change the recipes, recipes goes in a bank where we can store whatever schematics we have and dont use.

I really like 0.23 and post 0.23 especially with lower price on schematics !

o7

 

@Warlander is correct. The current content gate and money sink in the form of schematics is terrible for new players. No one wants to play 1-2 years to be able to do what they want in a game. With all the competition such as Space Engineers, Starship EVO, and Stationeers, that don't have such gateway and sinks, they really don't need to screw it up for new players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2021 at 1:41 PM, NoRezervationz said:

You're nuts if you think pre-.23 was that easy. I spent weeks building and buying the little industry that I had, just to make a few parts I deemed too expensive on the market. Then .23 came along and killed it all, and the fun that went with it.

 

This patch did nothing but pander to the large orgs and cause a large percentage of the player base to leave.

Did you think of joining an org that might help you get over the curve? I'm going to guess that the 'few parts' you deemed to expensive on the pre 0.23 market were the late game items like Warp Drives, AGG's? 

 

Pre 0.23 when I joined the game it took me a matter of days to achieve self reliance with a factory of my own making all basic ship parts. Granted those were 10-12 hour player sessions so your 'day's' may vary. That being said at that point it only became a matter of ore access to make high end items. I even know someone who after 0.23 managed to setup a factory producing all basic ship parts machines etc on his own just mining for himself and buying all his own schematics

 

This really sounds like an issue of "I don't want to put in any effort or socialize with anyone else" more so then a game flaw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Did you think of joining an org that might help you get over the curve? I'm going to guess that the 'few parts' you deemed to expensive on the pre 0.23 market were the late game items like Warp Drives, AGG's? 

Why should I slave for an org? And actually, no, I was never setup for Warp Drives or AGG's. I set my sights on building small and efficient ships.

 

6 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Pre 0.23 when I joined the game it took me a matter of days to achieve self reliance with a factory of my own making all basic ship parts. Granted those were 10-12 hour player sessions so your 'day's' may vary. That being said at that point it only became a matter of ore access to make high end items. I even know someone who after 0.23 managed to setup a factory producing all basic ship parts machines etc on his own just mining for himself and buying all his own schematics

Good for you and good for him. That has ZERO to do with me. The sooner you figure out that not everyone is you, the less disappointed you will be when we don't care what you do.

 

6 minutes ago, Xennial said:

This really sounds like an issue of "I don't want to put in any effort or socialize with anyone else" more so then a game flaw. 

No, it's a "I have a life outside of the game, screw being a slave, and don't have years to pour into a game just to be able to do what I want" kind of thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NoRezervationz said:

Why should I slave for an org? And actually, no, I was never setup for Warp Drives or AGG's. I set my sights on building small and efficient ships.

 

Good for you and good for him. That has ZERO to do with me. The sooner you figure out that not everyone is you, the less disappointed you will be when we don't care what you do.

 

No, it's a "I have a life outside of the game, screw being a slave, and don't have years to pour into a game just to be able to do what I want" kind of thing.

Don't waste your time and effort arguing with that guy lol

 

Folks like that can't understand that different people like different thing, that's not ok to them, you have to be like them or you should not exist. That's their mindset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1/ Make mission system 
2/ remove daily 150K
3/ remove T1 bot order
4/ AND THEN put schematics.

its pretty much clear the game needed 1/2/3 before 4.
so.. DU IT,  then  soft reset ( everything except skills, TCUs on territories, ships/bases blueprint (to test if this work)

You can't have a player driven economy if harry potter give you one  Million every weeks, and thats a part of the "why my warp cell is sold 30% under its Ore value ?"
And there will not be a healthy economy with big corps because big corp will come only with PVP and territory control, so if you want a soft reset to test economy, this is the best time to DU it.

-----

Then you need ship/base insurance, power cost on industries, and max durability loss on ship/base on running parts ( engine / industries ) like in old MMO's , so you lose 1% max durability par XX hours or 1% max dur loss everytime you repair XX% of that part. (both insurance / loss or pick one, just do the maths and make a choice)

many time people try to reinvent the wheel... and fail, many things in MMO's work great since 20/30 years, so just DU it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, Emptiness said:

And yet again, NQ has proven they're out of touch with how the players have been playing the game.

 

Setting up a factory to produce everything one desires is just the first step, for many of us, through ensuring we have a reliable supply of elements and material with which to build our ships. The market is unreliable or too time consuming. Why would we spend hours traveling to different markets to pick up various ship building parts when we can just mine ore from our tiles and make what we need?

thats what there trying to change, everyone Being able to do that can ruin an economy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NoRezervationz said:

Right, but no one being able to anything can ruin a game. Without enough paying players, the game is dead.

u can be many things in the game, Its for you to choose. Not everything comes easy. This game isnt suppose to be a 1,2 dont type of game. Its a game you have to grind to establish something good and thats just how it is and how its going to be 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sinfil said:

u can be many things in the game, Its for you to choose. Not everything comes easy. This game isnt suppose to be a 1,2 dont type of game. Its a game you have to grind to establish something good and thats just how it is and how its going to be 

You must the most boring person if you think the grind is interesting or even necessary. I'm done with you, and I'm done with this game. 10 more days and my sub ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...