Jump to content

So, when is the game getting rolled back?


Nayropux
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, qwertyboom said:

The response is complete bullshit as i have stated in my other post. But the longer this goes on the worse it gets for many reasons. So much time has passed now that a rollback cannot happen for so many reasons, and trying to take back the schematics or money is near impossible. They have be auctioned off, sold, traded and even put into machines. But still the fact remains  NQ NEEDS TO RESPOND. Ignoring this will not fix it.  We will not let this go. 

The only professional response left at this point is to promise a full wipe at the end of Beta. If they are going to let exploits like this just 'go' then it has to be wrapped in the bubble of a beta world that will be fully cleaned before release. At this point the only wipe that would matter is one where people only get to keep talent points, and perhaps empty blueprints. Any magical BP's that allow people to spawn in items immediately , or otherwise keep highly exploited in game items / wealth will be simply unacceptable to a lot of people.

 

I can only imagine at some point they want a game world populated by paying customers. If anyone asked me if I would recommend this game my answer now would be hell no, followed by a list of all the exploitive nonsense NQ has let fly during this Beta. If there is no wipe then this game is already in 'release' and not Beta. If this is an example of how NQ will handle major screw ups or exploits in a release product their reputation is going to continue to nose dive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To answer op's question:

Not at all. Consider the response time of triple A studios and their decisions on rollbacks in mmorpgs. They didn't wait several days. They acted immediately. 

 

I'm curious how many people think it's great that they pay money monthly for everything to be wiped after the beta. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, qwertyboom said:

The response is complete bullshit as i have stated in my other post. But the longer this goes on the worse it gets for many reasons.

 

Had, shortly after the mistake was discovered and corrected and not hours later,  NQ come back with :

 

"We are aware that due to a mistake on our end, for which we do apologize, players have been able to acquire elements and schematics at a fraction of the cost.  While we look at the best way to undo these transactions we ask you do not use or trade these items as they will be removed from the game. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation"

 

There would have been exactly zero fallout. This is not hard and basic situation management a gaming company should be able to apply. It would have shown ownership, direction and set clear expectations. It would have also given then time to then focus on resolving the issue and not having to fire fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Metric said:

 

From the website:

A PERSISTENT SINGLE-SERVER UNIVERSE, ENTIRELY BUILT AND DRIVEN BY PLAYERS

 

SINGLE-SERVER TECHNOLOGY

SPACE MMO

No loading, no server instantiation, no tricks. All players share the same persistent universe, at the same time. Dual Universe is the first Metaverse: a common, shared virtual world, controlled by the players.

BUILD ALMOST ANYTHING

Voxel-based, fully editable universe.

Create entire cities, giant space stations, massive warships,

underground bunkers or… flying cars!

PLAYER-CONTROLLED ECONOMY

Mine. Craft. Build and optimize production factories.

Then barter or trade your creations, or those from others.

A shared universe means a single, global economy - run by players.

SPACE WARFARE

From pirate raids to skirmishes to coordinated attacks: space is a dangerous place. With real-time destruction, battleship crews and player-designed ships, this is PvP like no other. Don’t want PvP? Stick to Safe zones and you’ll be fine.

NO CHARACTER CLASS.

NO PREDETERMINED ROLE.

The role you play in the shared universe only depends on your actions and your choices. Be a space pirate. A galactic trader. A cargo hauler. An interstellar industrialist. And everything in-between.

 

Awesome!

I'm sorry, could you write that a bit bigger please, I'm having trouble making it out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GraXXoR said:

I'm sorry, could you write that a bit bigger please, I'm having trouble making it out...

Just a direct copy/paste from the website, thanks for the feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

I'm curious how many people think it's great that they pay money monthly for everything to be wiped after the beta. :)

It's not great, but if it's necessary I can deal with it. Btw, played WoW for many years, it's not technically a wipe but every expansion that comes out basically is a wipe, your gear becomes useless, professions are outdated, new money sinks are introduced etc etc. We were pretty used to it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

It's not great, but if it's necessary I can deal with it. Btw, played WoW for many years, it's not technically a wipe but every expansion that comes out basically is a wipe, your gear becomes useless, professions are outdated, new money sinks are introduced etc etc. We were pretty used to it.

 

The comparison is flawed. If I can still make mounts from professions that are not in the current expansion, then I still have to visit the old content. Or the transmogs if I want to have them.

Here we are talking about a complete wipe and you have to work out and build everything again, including mining materials. 

 

So I don't understand what you're trying to tell us if it's not technically the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

I'm curious how many people think it's great that they pay money monthly for everything to be wiped after the beta. :)

I'm curious how many think it's super cool that those who noticed (probably)/were in the know(conspiracy mode) and took full advantage of NQ's unplanned mistake (probably) /favour for insider-pals (conspiracy mode)  and used, say, 2 billion ℏ to purchase schematics now have 200 billion ℏ worth of assets and have put themselves so far ahead as to be forever beyond reach of any other aspiring players or even groups.... 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

I'm curious how many people think it's great that they pay money monthly for everything to be wiped after the beta. :)

Thats fine , and a pre release wipe is actually expected by most people I talk with and they are fine with it too. Paying for early access to a game is common place. If they don't wipe before release then then this IS release. I'm curious how many people want to play a release product where the game company handles screw up / exploits like this ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Thats fine , and a pre release wipe is actually expected by most people I talk with and they are fine with it too. Paying for early access to a game is common place. If they don't wipe before release then then this IS release. I'm curious how many people want to play a release product where the game company handles screw up / exploits like this ? 

This is why I think the probability is high they will wipe.  Lets take a look at this during a certain angle.  Pretend we are playing and its now 8 months into OFFICIAL release.  Everything seems to be going fine, chugging along, couple updates, a new patch announced at end of the year.  Then all the sudden...BAM, we have this huge schematic fuckup.  they realize it but by that point its been 15 minutes and billions were bought off the market.  What do you think NQ's response would be if it happened post official release?  Certainly they wouldn't go "oh well, shit happens".  No way in hell.  Now, according to NQ, the first day of beta they claimed "no wipes" so for ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, WE ARE PLAYING A RELEASED GAME.  So they say.  BUT, BUT.....if they were thinking of wiping what response would they having to a huge gaff of epic proportions like the schematic ordeal? They would most likely say...."whoops, oh well".  So if you follow this down, that means 1 of 2 things are the most likely. 1) they are seriously considering wiping. 2) they are completely inept and managing their game.   

 

So there you have it, odds favor a wipe at release. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

I'm curious how many people think it's great that they pay money monthly for everything to be wiped after the beta. :)

 

If a wipe needs to happen, one needs to happen. And no one is saying that a wipe means you lose everything. When a wipe would occur you would:

 

Get your accrued talent points returned to your point pool. No points are lost and they can be reapplied

Get to use the blueprints for your constructs to rebuild

Maybe get to keep the schematics you bought (clearly any schematics obtained from mistakes/exploits would be removed)

 

Frankly, just the talent points being refunded would suffice IMO. I would not be a fan of "magic blueprints" as that would pretty much put the damage back in the world.

 

As I see it, unless NQ plans to selectively award high energy output to selected tiles where big orgs have their industry/bases/spaceports, a wipe at the moment energy comes into play would be both sensible and a realistic option as if they do not help out their big orgs they will possibly need to move anyway. And I certainly believe a wipe would be preferable over seeing NQ giving preferential treatment to big orgs (again). But then again, NQ will probably think that this wil be what triggers territory warfare. Problem is that most of these major industry/HQ/spaceport locations are in the safezones..

 

 

  

6 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

What do you think NQ's response would be if it happened post official release?  Certainly they wouldn't go "oh well, shit happens".  No way in hell.

What makes you think NQ would act differently then as compared to now? DU is a released game. It was released 27th August as a "beta".. that they have a "release" milestone on their roadmap is just a label IMO.

 

 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

  Now, according to NQ, the first day of beta they claimed "no wipes"

They never did that. They said that they would try and prevent doing wipes unless they have no way around it and would in that case ensure no constructs get lost and "magic blueprints" be provided. There is no statement from NQ which commits to not wiping at all, under any circumstance.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

1) they are seriously considering wiping. 2) they are completely inept and managing their game.   

 

So there you have it, odds favor a wipe at release. 

This also (probably) explains why they mostly gone silent and CMs left attempts to control situation here, on front-lines. They likely were "called-off" to not waste time on things that... will be irrelevant.

 

If this true, NQ now can drop any remaining updates as dirty and unbalanced as they want before release. Then use our tormented feedback to fix it (to extent). Wipe. Then release, betting on attracting more new players for better, cleaner game.

 

In this dark scenario, we generaly are used, burned and discarded for greater good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

So there you have it, odds favor a wipe at release. 

Odds might favor from a common sense point of view. That being said, this is how they have handled it in an environment where they are basically billing this as a no wipe situation. Personally I find that the most distressing. Thats why I think it's important for them to act like a professional game company and explain a wipe is coming , maybe not right at the door of release but after some major features like energy / TW's a few months before 'release' with a declaration on what that wipe means. General sentiment I see is that a wipe with anything beyond keeping talent points is going to be ill received. Empty blue prints seem acceptable to many to save 'creative' work done. Anything that allows people to 'spawn in' assets from Beta is going to simply carry forward exploits from Beta.

 

I think any such announcement should go alongside a company promise that past the point of said wipe there will be zero handouts to any 'select few' in game be they creators, friends, ATV etc. Everyone from that point forward needs to know they are on a level playing field.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

I'm curious how many people think it's great that they pay money monthly for everything to be wiped after the beta. :)

The funny thing seems that the only ones that don't want a wipe are alpha players or who is playing the beta for free.

 

Some players to who i've spoken that actually pay the subscription (me included) are absolutely fine with a wipe.

But as i stated on my thread, the wipe is inevitable even if they hide it with "no wipe is planned" sentence. It's simply logically impossible to not wipe as for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PuPpEt said:

The funny thing seems that the only ones that don't want a wipe are alpha players or who is playing the beta for free.

 

Some players to who i've spoken that actually pay the subscription (me included) are absolutely fine with a wipe.

But as i stated on my thread, the wipe is inevitable even if they hide it with "no wipe is planned" sentence. It's simply logically impossible to not wipe as for now.

Funny thing is you know that:

1: When beta was released on 27th august, JC said no wipe. Thats developer's word. Game is released. No full wipes. Just some stuff for biomes, errors, etc.
2: In Discord and on forums you have developers saying We wont wipe.
3: You have a year to fix your needs.

There are paid subscribers out there playing knowing there are no wipes. NQ charges money due to no wipe. I am pretty sure they dont want more problems on their head beside the DU development ones.

o7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep and exactly therefor it is kinda unforgiving to let this go by with a simple, we do nothing.

 

If a select few made indeed 200Billion Quanta over this per individual, Then with nothing done we can really just stop playing or pretending this is fair.

 

Simply, there is no way in DU to make up for this and as in normal life the rich will become richer and the poor will stay poor. Its not just a small handout, Hell if i get 200 Billion today in DU i cannot only build what i like i can Own the place. just needs some strategic deployments and some good market buyings. And do nothing radical, just let the cash grow and start owning stuff and Territories.

 

This indeed does not kill the market, it kills the foundation of DU.   Build civilization just became Own civilization

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Elitez said:

1: When beta was released on 27th august, JC said no wipe. Thats developer's word. Game is released. No full wipes. Just some stuff for biomes, errors, etc.
2: In Discord and on forums you have developers saying We wont wipe.

No, he did not and no they don't..

Please post me a timestamp or link where any NQ staff says there will be no wipe, period.. 

 

JC said there are no plans for a wipe and they will do what they can to prevent one but if they need to , a wipe will be done in which case NQ will make sure no actual constructs and Talent points wil be lost.

 

Let's not argue semantics here. A wipe means the world is reset and all items removed. That you get blueprints to respawn and/or talent point are returned does not mean it's not a wipe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

No, he did not and no they don't..

Please post me a timestamp or link where any NQ staff says there will be no wipe, period.. 

 

JC said there are no plans for a wipe and they will do what they can to prevent one but if they need to , a wipe will be done in which case NQ will make sure no actual constructs and Talent points wil be lost.

 

Let's not argue semantics here. A wipe means the world is reset and all items removed. That you get blueprints to respawn and/or talent point are returned does not mean it's not a wipe.

Allowing magic blueprints to respawn stuff would just carry forward the exploits. People would just pack constructs with honeycomb , elements etc so they can just respawn their wealth instantly. Talent points are a fine carry forward as those are just a time sink. Empty blueprints so once you acquire the materials you can reproduce your creative work without having to redo all the voxelmancy etc is fine too.

 

If they have the professionalism to wipe , then they should do it simply by allowing blueprints (not magical) , talent points to carry forward. If they want to keep the premise of a player run economy they should drop the ore/item bots as well forever only leaving schematic selling bots (they could adjust schematic pricing to better reflect that new less inflated by bots world). Bots however are their own topic and generally outside the scope of WHY they need to commit to a wipe at some point in Beta.

 

NQ allowing this exploit to go on unanswered in a no wipe scenario is flat out unacceptable. They should have rolled back immediately. Failing that they should have taken immediate action to remove ill gotten schematics. Failing that they now need to schedule and openly declare there will be a wipe at some point in beta with a commitment that any future problems like this will be handled correctly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Allowing magic blueprints to respawn stuff would just carry forward the exploits.

True, it is one of those things that really shows that NQ does not understand the impact  their ideas or comments have.

 

 

37 minutes ago, Xennial said:

NQ allowing this exploit to go on unanswered in a no wipe scenario is flat out unacceptable.

While the schematics thing is not really an exploit, I do agree that NQ can't treat this as if it's a trivial event that has no impact on the game, especially when they are trying to prevent a wipe at all cost. If you do not wipe you need to be able and willing to repair any damage that can have a lasting effect on the game. It's a simple matter of either/or.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aaron Cain said:

Yep and exactly therefor it is kinda unforgiving to let this go by with a simple, we do nothing.

 

If a select few made indeed 200Billion Quanta over this per individual, Then with nothing done we can really just stop playing or pretending this is fair.

 

Simply, there is no way in DU to make up for this and as in normal life the rich will become richer and the poor will stay poor. Its not just a small handout, Hell if i get 200 Billion today in DU i cannot only build what i like i can Own the place. just needs some strategic deployments and some good market buyings. And do nothing radical, just let the cash grow and start owning stuff and Territories.

 

This indeed does not kill the market, it kills the foundation of DU.   Build civilization just became Own civilization

 

I'm sure they have logs of the transactions. All they need to do is subtract the balance from the account that bought it. If the quanta balance goes negative, oh well. That account's owner will have that wealth somewhere. If they greedily sold it away at a discount then it's their problem. They can either work off their greed or self-ban their own account. Seems like poetic justice in my opinion.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

No, he did not and no they don't..

Please post me a timestamp or link where any NQ staff says there will be no wipe, period.. 

 

JC said there are no plans for a wipe and they will do what they can to prevent one but if they need to , a wipe will be done in which case NQ will make sure no actual constructs and Talent points wil be lost.

 

Let's not argue semantics here. A wipe means the world is reset and all items removed. That you get blueprints to respawn and/or talent point are returned does not mean it's not a wipe.

For me a wipe is Hero to Zero event and we all start from zero. Some biome changes, blueprints to respawn, thats not a wipe! I am talking about progress zeroed! I will never argue about biome/planetary wipes as long as they want to do something there, thats not a wipe for me :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So let's say there is a wipe after beta ends. Do we really think this will be the last time NQ make a mistake of this kind, and everything will be perfect after beta?

As long as NQ keep focusing on fixing symptomatic problems and not looking at the larger picture, stuff like this will keep happening.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...