Is there a confirmed currency name/should we create one until then?

Evil_Porcupine

So, as you can probably tell from the name of the topic, is there currently a confirmed name for the in game currency? I feel like this information(if it exists) should be more widespread as currently I see it refered to as many different things, even by myself.

Also, if the all seeing all knowing replies section does not know of any definitely confirmed (citations for sources please), may I suggest that as a community we start referring to the currency as GALACTIC UNITS (or units for short). If this post gets enough up votes which would suggest that we do need to decide on a currency name if one doesn't already exist, I will put a poll out on the forums with suggestions for the name, and let the community take it from there!

Galactic Units is straight cheese.

You can rest assured much thought will be put into the naming of the most commonly used assets.

For instance, in Eve, ISK stands for InterStellar Kredits. Makes sense, and rolls off the tongue nicely.

Coming up with equally strong names and acronyms is not as easy as it may first seem.

"Space Dollarydoos".

But no, the guys who stated Quanta above are right, that was announced in the GDC meetup :)

I am sold on "Space Dollarydoos" but unfortunately it is Quanta :P

Moneystacks

Make me feel like a gangsta... yo... doggity doo... a space gangsta... pew pew

I actually quite like Quanta though, seems unique. 

I am almost certain that they have decided for there to be one central currency. How it will work, and it's name remains a mystery.

Its name is not a mystery we know that we have two currencies Quanta and DAC xD

Its name is not a mystery we know that we have two currencies Quanta and DAC xD

Totally knew this :P

Thank you, I had no idea TBH, and thought what I was saying was true...

So, next question is: what will the symbol for "Quanta" look like? I would guess it will be some kind of fancy letter "Q" but it would be nice to know for sure.

Ah, well...small issue. We will probably see some ideas for it in update videos.