What will you be playing until DU launch ?

Shadanwolf

STARMADE

HOLY GEEZE, this hidden gem is effectively what you would get if you had something in-between Minecraft and Space Engineers, except it has stable multiplayer and support for huge ships.

I would even go so far as to say Starmade is almost what a larget voxel lower res Dual Universe would be like. On the flip side, Starmade has some NPC functionality including pirates, and soon will have NPC factions (that behave like an RTS). Plus you start the game in space, with more than enough parts to make a decent small mining ship, and WAY more credits than you need to buy just about anything else.

I haven't messed around with the AI too much, but there are fleet combat mechanics in Starmade that I can't wait to mess with.

STARMADE

HOLY GEEZE, this hidden gem is effectively what you would get if you had something in-between Minecraft and Space Engineers, except it has stable multiplayer and support for huge ships.

I would even go so far as to say Starmade is almost what a larget voxel lower res Dual Universe would be like. On the flip side, Starmade has some NPC functionality including pirates, and soon will have NPC factions (that behave like an RTS). Plus you start the game in space, with more than enough parts to make a decent small mining ship, and WAY more credits than you need to buy just about anything else.

I haven't messed around with the AI too much, but there are fleet combat mechanics in Starmade that I can't wait to mess with.

Starmade is a good voxel game, i has it flaws, tons of them, but it is still the best space voxel game i tried. Never could get in to SE.

the amount of credit you start with is based on what ever the server admin want you to have, servers are private and can be hosted my anyone.

Empyrion Galactic Survival is a great game and fits into the space building theme quite well to pass the time! Its one of the best Early Access Games on steam and is actively developed further.

i agree, empyrion is quite nice.

I recommend Paragon; been playing that recently after being burnt out from the twitch-shooters like Overwatch and Dirty Bomb. SC is aight but still laggy af - will see how 2.6 improves things.

Bar that some TW: Warhammer and some BF1 - I'm a bit boring really lol.

pillars of eternity, planet coaster, rimworld, witcher 3, tormet: tides of Numenera, tyranny, wasteland 2, guardians of ember (12th dec), project genom (maybe), dishonoured 2, deus ex mankind, mafia III, stellaris, hitman (2016), skysaga infinite isles...my wife.

I play Empyrion off and on with a small group. It still has some aspects of it which inhibit long-term gameplay, but we still enjoy playing it in short bursts and it's improving with every update.

Novus Inceptio is also getting better as updates progress, but it's not really something which can hold my interest for extended periods as I am not really a builder.

Beyond that, not a great deal. The occasional bout in Armello or Skyrim...logging into Star Trek Online for a couple of minutes before realizing I still don't like it....running that Gundo Covalex Shipping Hub / PI Wanted mission I love so much in Star Citizen...

But mostly, I just play D&D since RP is my jam.

I actually just bought "Space Engineers", to get an idea of voxel and element type ship construction ...  but haven't tried creative side yet, still having blast with survival   lol

Oh.. then be aware of ruthless gravity :D.

This survival game is simply Human vs Unpredictable physics.

Despite of what people say that has no goal or purpose. If you imagine that tying to keep your build alive for more than 1day is the goal itself.. then it can be fun ;)

When I go home for winter break I will probably load up SC and mess around a bit.

Dual Unieverse and SC are really the only games I'm interested in.

The only other game I've invested time in is Face of Mankind which shut down awhile ago. Had a good 10+ years into that game. Across versions of course.

Still playing EVE Online since many years... and also actively playing Elite Dangerous!

In between i also like to drive trucks in Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator but playing the private persistent servers Multiplayer called TruckersMP .

I wish I could get into ED, but it just never felt alive too me.

I imagine an Oculus Rift would make it more than enjoyable though...one can dream ^^

I've been playing ED on the Rift.  I can't imagine playing it any other way; without VR immersion I feel like ED would get very old very fast.

I really hope they implement VR support in DU.  It's getting hard for me to play non-VR games.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2016 at 7:47 AM, Hades said:

When I go home for winter break I will probably load up SC and mess around a bit.

Dual Unieverse and SC are really the only games I'm interested in.

The only other game I've invested time in is Face of Mankind which shut down awhile ago. Had a good 10+ years into that game. Across versions of course.

Face of Mankind.  i think i tried that when it was new... french based players as far as i can remember... and my french is ... euhm. not there.