Jump to content

Thank you, Dual Universe.


Recommended Posts

I'll just keep it brief: this may not be the best game with highest population of people. But I still enjoyed my time playing this game. I had a blast building stuff and exploring the planets and space.

 

And in some ways, it opened up my curiosity for other types of games.

 

I'm thankful to have played this game. Thank you, Dual Universe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You sound like you are quitting. Are you? 

 

Not really, just taking a hiatus to play other games. This game will take a backseat for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question is what will be state of seat to return.

 

Realisticly they likely hard wipe on official release (this why I hesitant to put any effort since .23). This needed to squeeze maximum hype from new wave of players, because genre is super competitive and no one will be glad to see 2-3 years worth of difference at day 1 of "new" game. Restart of competley failed economy will be nice bonus too.

 

Sure, remaining vets will be in tantrums, but I feel it will be like choice for NQ of cut your leg or die.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Restart of competley failed economy will be nice bonus too.

But i dont see any change regarding the economy system. 

So even if the restart happens its just a matter of months before it fails again. 

 

I hope they reset the game, and i know that some players will return to the game after a reset. But unless they change how things work, we will be having this same talk 1 year after the reset.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, aliensalmon said:

But I still enjoyed my time playing this game. I had a blast building stuff and exploring the planets and space.

This was the case for all of us. This game is really, really great in the beginning. The potential is enormous. But then you start to see how shallow the game actually is, and like most of us you take a break hoping the game will improve in the future.

 

But the potential is there. There is a reason why I am still here, bitching and moaning louder then most. And that is because this would have been my dream game, if they only did half the things they promised in the begining. And so I still here hoping there will somehow one day be a playable game. Guess I am an optimist, despite all my complaining. Or maybe it is sunk cost fallacy, and I am in denial? .. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

But i dont see any change regarding the economy system. 

So even if the restart happens its just a matter of months before it fails again. 

 

Yeah, obviously, whole idea presumes they do serious changes in lot of fundamental things. Just wipe and roll it as it is now -- completly useless affair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me remind everyone that this is a Kickstarter MMO where we were offered innovative concepts/ideas that are not yet proven and it is up to the backers(donors) and investors whether or not to take the risk. NQ has been developing this game mostly from the technical standpoint, falling short on input from user's standpoint. Does the tech work? I can say that it does (maybe it's a "maybe" for some), but is the game good gameplay-wise? You see, you have to give enough considerations to the game-design! Aside from the tech, their proposed game-design is also not yet proven. That is why you should put them to the test and make tweaks/revisions along the way and also consider specific already-proven designs from other successful MMOs, to deliver, in the end, a good working gameplay.

 

Why does the economy not work? Because you're unproven design is not working! A Sandbox MMO with no in-game progression gives you no "purpose" so the MMO has no economic driver! Leave that expectation to the players and make it all player-driven? What is there to expect? The productive society in real-life is producing because of natural requirements. A completely player-driven game with no natural intervention and has a working economy and development is a fantasy and does not work even in theory. The mean-goal is the resources; the end-goal is the objective. The only objective I can think of in this game is building. Why do you build? Exactly! It's only essence is aesthetics. To build, all for the purpose of getting more resources that serve no purpose but to get more resources, is what a mammon does, not what an objective person does! The game has no objective (aside from aesthetics) as it is completely player-driven! The game has no gameplay-loop but maybe it works for roleplaying, but then again building in the game is complicated and unproductive.

 

 

On 8/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, CptLoRes said:

The potential is enormous.

The potential is enormous for people who do not see the feasibility of the proposed game-design! I was one of those people, and now I'm starting to realize things now that I am playing that game. I played many MMORPGs (both traditional and modern) to have developed my personal preference on game-design and mechanics, and this game is just not "fun" and "good" for me in so many ways. For example, the passive skill system: the point of a skill system is to serve as an activity for character development. If you make it passive, then you take away that activity for us to do, and then you also made it time-based adding to the frustration. What happens when you join the game late or you are not training as time lapses? You have less skill points! It's not a reasonable design for an MMO and not a popular one! 

 

I have taken a backseat and I hope (without deluding myself) that this game get's things right, and for that to happen, they need to change a lot of the game-design and mechanics, and may highly likely also need to limit the game, to mirror feasibility and player experience, completely wipe it out, and rerelease it to save the game, even if those hardcores complain. Ascent: Infinite Realm was completely overhauled to Elyon Online. This is what this game needs to do -- overhaul the game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, le_souriceau said:

Question is what will be state of seat to return.

 

Realisticly they likely hard wipe on official release (this why I hesitant to put any effort since .23). This needed to squeeze maximum hype from new wave of players, because genre is super competitive and no one will be glad to see 2-3 years worth of difference at day 1 of "new" game. Restart of competley failed economy will be nice bonus too.

 

Sure, remaining vets will be in tantrums, but I feel it will be like choice for NQ of cut your leg or die.

 

 

You cant wipe a subscription game when you have announced August 2020 there wont be hard wipes and you will not lose your progress, so no Hero to Zero wipe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2021 at 11:46 AM, le_souriceau said:

Realisticly they likely hard wipe on official release (this why I hesitant to put any effort since .23).

 

On 8/9/2021 at 7:38 AM, Eternal said:

I have taken a backseat and I hope (without deluding myself)

to mirror feasibility and player experience, completely wipe it out, and rerelease it to save the game ...

 

some players obviously stopped playing because they think a wipe is the solution and there is no more reason to waste time

(because a future WIPE = loosing time)

 

I'm okey with a partial wipe, such as territory scans and partially some other things - but for sure not anything else I had to do hard work for !!

 

Just stop with those rumors of a WIPE. Some players used exploits to get rich that is a really bad thing and I fully understand the frustration. But again, I didn't and because of those idiots I don't want to start from scratch - 100% sure I WONT do it. Never. There is too much time in that game to confirm a wipe to equalize anything, even though I admit it would be helpful for the game in the very beginning. Thats why we need a good brainstorming: EnergyContingents for productions / new Players without Schematics / new Systems for new Players.

 

 

51 minutes ago, Elitez said:

You cant wipe a subscription game when you have announced August 2020 there wont be hard wipes and you will not lose your progress, so no Hero to Zero wipe.

 

aye

Thats why I'm playing the game - I would stop playing knowing otherwise (Ruby 4 sale).

I'm progressing - slowly but steady - anyone can dig/sell/&buy - its just costing your time. Time I wont lose.

 

I'm not sitting on the backseat screaming for a WIPE to purge the exploitBoys&earlyScannerBoys&whatnotBoys to get my equality.

I play the Game. Right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Captain Hills said:

quanta = content & quanta = Schematics

-> content = Schematics

 

math is so easy sometimes

Let me refactor that for you.

DU = grind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Captain Hills said:

I'm not sitting on the backseat screaming for a WIPE to purge the exploitBoys&earlyScannerBoys&whatnotBoys to get my equality.

I play the Game. Right now.

 

Answer honestly 5 simple questions:

 

1) Is this game in critical need of a lot of new players to surivive?

2) Is this realisticly achievable any other way then doing huge advert campaign for future official "release" in 22?

3) Is this is highly competitive game?

4) Are veterans at point of such "release" will be tiny minority?

5) Are new wave people be more interested to join for equal fresh strart or joining world, where they 3 years behind veterans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Captain Hills said:

quanta = content & quanta = Schematics

-> content = Schematics

 

math is so easy sometimes

What? doesn't Ur equation state that Content is 0/not present!?  If qanta equals qanta plus/and content, content is 0. Thus qanta=schematics.🧐😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, le_souriceau said:

Answer honestly 5 simple questions:

 

1) Is this game in critical need of a lot of new players to surivive?

2) Is this realisticly achievable any other way then doing huge advert campaign for future official "release" in 22?

3) Is this is highly competitive game?

4) Are veterans at point of such "release" will be tiny minority?

5) Are new wave people be more interested to join for equal fresh strart or joining world, where they 3 years behind veterans?

1) yes

2) no, but its also not realistic with the huge advert campaign

3) it still can be because of its unique character

4) no*

5) yes, they like to have the same cards

 

* there is a unknown number of gamers being hocked by such games (space games in general) - but those who are fancy for space/build/survive games and are ready to play 3h a day already have an idea about DU (and SpaceEngineers and Empyrion and StarCitizen and whatnot). My guess is that 50-70% of those potential players already did something in DU. The playerbase will not tripple on release, not even double. Plus many of those newcomers will not be hooked in the same extend as the vets. At the end you probably have a tiny win on subs but I honestly dont guess so. Some of the newcomers finally quit as well and we're there again but without what we ever did before. All the new casual players will not be there for long because the game demands more then a casual player. Release will be critical in both ways, getting new players vs loosing old ones.

 

Friends of mine made nice buildings and vessels and can take them into the wiped env. via BP. There is not a big loss on their side. They not even loose their Pixelsalad-Librarys. I was more the one for the crafting and eventually ran for ore hardly to build all the parts and later on gaining money for the schematics. 

 

There must be a well thought workaround to attract new ppl and keep the vets. There is no question.

A wipe in my case will kill at least ~800h for me. Knowing of a wipe will make anyone who spend time especially after 0.23 looking like a donkey. I'm back to SE/ED/Empyrion or ARK another xhundred hours but not DU because (and thats very important) most of the time I have invested to get somewhere .... was not permanently fun and satisfying my brain, just necessary. And thats different in the other games taking so much time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Captain Hills said:

There must be a well thought workaround to attract new ppl and keep the vets. There is no question.

 

Thanks for answers.

 

This basicly what torments me with whole this DU discussions -- they can fix bugs, balance, add (some) content even, nice, but how game will be able to rekindle lost momentum in terms of population? Because all we know how empty MMOs vulnerable and how hards its to reverse bad trending of self-fulfiling prophecy -- of "dying" game. This makes me bit pessimistic, so I see wipe as sort of "last hope magical button", its probably not, but I just have no any other realistic idea how it can be done. DU seems to be beyond salvation by gradual improvment, some sort of shock therapy tempting.

 

Maybe new system on release, that blocked from older players, but they just start making alts like crazy, so not sure how its end up.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

...but I just have no any other realistic idea how it can be done.

Maybe new system on release, that blocked from older players, but they just start making alts like crazy, so not sure how its end up.

I see you're not focused on your personal need/loss whatever. You have just valid concerns about a functional fair and healthy game. Thats honorable.

With all my respect @le_souriceau

 

I'm probably to much egoistic about the time I could loose, I admit.

 

The evolution of DU was not optimal. Many things could have been avoided.

On the other hand NQ could never identify them all without a cristal ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 5:57 PM, aliensalmon said:

I'll just keep it brief: this may not be the best game with highest population of people. But I still enjoyed my time playing this game. I had a blast building stuff and exploring the planets and space.

 

And in some ways, it opened up my curiosity for other types of games.

 

I'm thankful to have played this game. Thank you, Dual Universe.

 

The game looks wicked.  I heard there are 10,000 some players daily.  Is this not accurate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, zoldos said:

 

The game looks wicked.  I heard there are 10,000 some players daily.  Is this not accurate?

 

I agree it does look awesome. But a lot of people are saying that the game population is dying off. I dunno.

 

I'll think I'll come back to the game soon to check on the general chat and see how busy it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...