Jump to content

DU is BORING!


Recommended Posts

Yes, it is. Especially after last update. Am I supposed to dig-dig-dig all the time? Now, after last update I have nothing to do, but dig. To be able to produce now I have to buy a recipe. This is total bullshit! There are plethora of games, where I should dig a shit out of a planet so a game starts to be interesting after a MONTHS of real gameplay. I do not want another such game. I have it enough in EVE. I suppose to stop playing DU, if things not change. This is sad. I had a hope, that DU will be different...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Microwave said:

My solution was to send in a cancellation request and just not play anymore.

Agreed it is sad. In my 20+ years of gaming and MMOs, never has a heartbreaking of an update ever hit until 0.23. It is a paralyzing update and there is more fun elsewhere know but I still have hopes......hopefully realized in due time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys want a world where everyone plays the same exact game. A survival game where you try to build all your own stuff. That's not what the creators want though. They want an economic, warfare, and cultural simulation, and you don't do that by just letting everyone build everything they want.

 

I hope the creators have the courage to continue forward toward their vision, and ignore the players who only care about playing a shallow survival game. Those types of players are fickle and will inevitably bounce to the next new shiny game anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lunaprey said:

You guys want a world where everyone plays the same exact game.

Wait? Huh? Not sure who you guys are but this doesnt make much sense. DU also is not a survival game. My goto game is a survival game and it actually has survival elements. I for one do not want DU to become a survival game, there are way better ones that DU will never surpass. 

 

I also dont agree that everyone should NOT be able to build anything they want. You should be able to make everything however, doing that takes time, RL time that is scarce and I simply could not devote the time needed to do everything so that is why I go to the markets. Plus I'd rather buy at a discount then make everything but the issue is allowing something doesnt mean that everyone will choose that course.

 

Real life example - I CAN sail around the world however it takes to long so I'd rather fly. The creators allowed me to sail but instead of making me fly, they let me decide and since my time is scarce, I choose what they were going for anyway but I still have options and can sail and or fly when I want to. See the difference now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah its just plain boring now.  I tried to login and play the other day and spent hours trying to find recipes since it's such a PAIN to search for them.  I can't believe how rudimentary the search features are in this game.  Three hours later and four marketplace trips that still are so laggy it makes the game crash every time and  I realize I have to go to another planet for three of the schematics.  So that means I now have to build up my skills again.   Nope.  I don't want to spend another hour or two clicking those damn skills buttons and trying to drag them into order with the most un-user-friendly ordering feature I have ever seen. 

 

So that's like four hours of game play and nothing, whatsoever, fun about any of it.   I can't even bring myself to spend 30 minutes logging in and crashing several times just to claim my daily money.  This game might sound good on paper, but its just not fun at all for me anymore.  Most of my org has quit playing too. Everyone playing different games now.   I dont know if NQ can fix it, so idk if I'll play again.  Have to wait and see if any of their new features add a little more fun, or if its just more sitting inside a menu and clicking stuff or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dhara said:

I dont know if NQ can fix it, so idk if I'll play again.

If been contemplating what the player cycle will be in the situation that we have found ourselves in. Do players really quit forever or just until a major update comes along and they buy a month sub and jump in and try again? If the water is still cold, jump back out until the next big update months down the road? I left and came back to eve many many times. Each time with a huge gap in between, I found new playstyles and content to enjoy. I dont thinknthe question is if players will quit and never come back or not, the question is, how much does this all hurt the business case for NQ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RumRunner25 said:

If been contemplating what the player cycle will be in the situation that we have found ourselves in. Do players really quit forever or just until a major update comes along and they buy a month sub and jump in and try again? If the water is still cold, jump back out until the next big update months down the road? I left and came back to eve many many times. Each time with a huge gap in between, I found new playstyles and content to enjoy. I dont thinknthe question is if players will quit and never come back or not, the question is, how much does this all hurt the business case for NQ? 

Can't speak for everyone.  I got the notice the game went alpha Beta and immediately signed up.
I'm not one to normally say seeya-bye I didn't 'get my way, but for what I thought this game would be, I clearly thought wrong.
Group play is fine but I also like to do.. Me-time, being a full time on call working dude.  Sometimes I like adventure and thrill, others I just want to chill out.

As far as Eve.. much like what I'm seein' now Eve is so terribly disrupted by atypical malicious dev's that I wrote it off completely for quite a while now.  I have no interest in going back to that because it's not even the same game I once played.  And I was a 2005 player with six digit skill count the hard way.
(No you can't 'has' my stuff, I'm not downloading it again.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Microwave said:

Group play is fine but I also like to do.. Me-time, being a full time on call working dude.  Sometimes I like adventure and thrill, others I just want to chill out.

This reminded me of a point because this "war" on solo playing is very disruptive because the truth is, playing solo happens even when you are in an org. So many times I am on the phone or multi tasking and cant be on comms with an org. Reality has a way to force you to be solo sometimes or when you dont have long to play, you do so without an org. I fear we are taking a very narrow view of what a MMO should be. People are going to do what they want, you cant force them because they either find a work around or simply leave. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 9:19 AM, DanilShe said:

Yes, it is. Especially after last update. Am I supposed to dig-dig-dig all the time? Now, after last update I have nothing to do, but dig. To be able to produce now I have to buy a recipe. This is total bullshit! There are plethora of games, where I should dig a shit out of a planet so a game starts to be interesting after a MONTHS of real gameplay. I do not want another such game. I have it enough in EVE. I suppose to stop playing DU, if things not change. This is sad. I had a hope, that DU will be different...

If industry was your dream game then yes its not really a solo endeavour any more, which may have spoiled the game for you.  Digging is not the only alterative though.  I have done no mining since the 0.23 and the only industry I have is to make my own fuel and low level scrap.  There are many other ways to make quanta.  You can then use that quanta to buy completed stuff or parts to build your own.  Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 4:32 AM, lunaprey said:

You guys want a world where everyone plays the same exact game. A survival game where you try to build all your own stuff. That's not what the creators want though. They want an economic, warfare, and cultural simulation, and you don't do that by just letting everyone build everything they want.

 

I hope the creators have the courage to continue forward toward their vision, and ignore the players who only care about playing a shallow survival game. Those types of players are fickle and will inevitably bounce to the next new shiny game anyway. 

First of all, I want INTERESTING game. And I do not have a years to spend for nothing but digging dirt. I repeat myself: there are many similar games on the market. I do not want another one. I supposed, that this game will be somewhat different.

 

And, by the way, if economy and social contacts are not starting, then devs should suppose something more interesting than just sloooowing down a progress. And, as I see, there is approximately same social level and economy level as before update. Nothing changed. Ppl just digging their own pits, but slowly...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Underhook said:

I have done no mining since the 0.23 and the only industry I have is to make my own fuel and low level scrap.  There are many other ways to make quanta.  You can then use that quanta to buy completed stuff or parts to build your own. 

Uh huh... go on.... you finished half way through your comment. The bit where you were explaining these many ways to make ℏ besides mining. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dhara said:

Yeah its just plain boring now.  I tried to login and play the other day and spent hours trying to find recipes since it's such a PAIN to search for them.  I can't believe how rudimentary the search features are in this game.  Three hours later and four marketplace trips that still are so laggy it makes the game crash every time and  I realize I have to go to another planet for three of the schematics.  So that means I now have to build up my skills again.   Nope.  I don't want to spend another hour or two clicking those damn skills buttons and trying to drag them into order with the most un-user-friendly ordering feature I have ever seen. 

 

So that's like four hours of game play and nothing, whatsoever, fun about any of it.   I can't even bring myself to spend 30 minutes logging in and crashing several times just to claim my daily money.  This game might sound good on paper, but its just not fun at all for me anymore.  Most of my org has quit playing too. Everyone playing different games now.   I dont know if NQ can fix it, so idk if I'll play again.  Have to wait and see if any of their new features add a little more fun, or if its just more sitting inside a menu and clicking stuff or not. 

Yep. It's another nonesence. Not only recipes cost money now, but sometimes I have to fly somewhere to buy it. I could handle inconveniences (still it's BETA), but couldn't handle stupidity

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Underhook said:

If industry was your dream game then yes its not really a solo endeavour any more, which may have spoiled the game for you.  Digging is not the only alterative though.  I have done no mining since the 0.23 and the only industry I have is to make my own fuel and low level scrap.  There are many other ways to make quanta.  You can then use that quanta to buy completed stuff or parts to build your own.  Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

Other ways like what?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DanilShe said:

Other ways like what?

Currently I am making quanta by picking up schematics and transporting them to places where they are unavailable and selling them.

I have just started an org (partly because I want the cores) to provide emergency services.  Repair, refuel, core delivery, parts deliver, taxi, boosting services etc.

Just have to be a bit creative.  Every time you run into a problem in this game it is a potential job.  For example today, I need more ships but dont have enough cores.  I have decided to decommission my space station over Ion.  But, I need to get my ships back and I'm not sure how I can do it.  Now if somebody was offering a service to either drop me out there or better still, fly my ships back for me.  I'd pay.

If you look at DanelSHE's post above (might be a few above).  There is somebody basically asking for a service.  That player does not want to be going place to place getting schematics, machines etc.  Market pick up service right there.

Actually, just to prove a point.  I paid for a taxi 2 days ago.  Picked me up from my space station over Alioth and dropped me on Madis.  400,000 quanta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Underhook said:

Currently I am making quanta by picking up schematics and transporting them to places where they are unavailable and selling them.

I have just started an org (partly because I want the cores) to provide emergency services.  Repair, refuel, core delivery, parts deliver, taxi, boosting services etc.

Just have to be a bit creative.  Every time you run into a problem in this game it is a potential job.  For example today, I need more ships but dont have enough cores.  I have decided to decommission my space station over Ion.  But, I need to get my ships back and I'm not sure how I can do it.  Now if somebody was offering a service to either drop me out there or better still, fly my ships back for me.  I'd pay.

If you look at DanelSHE's post above (might be a few above).  There is somebody basically asking for a service.  That player does not want to be going place to place getting schematics, machines etc.  Market pick up service right there.

Actually, just to prove a point.  I paid for a taxi 2 days ago.  Picked me up from my space station over Alioth and dropped me on Madis.  400,000 quanta.

This is all good, but if I just started? You have a SPACE STATION (or several), a SHIPS, a QUANTAS! And I have a pair of small buildings on Sanctuary, a free Speeder and a small ship, which I built myself and planned to expand it to travel to space. Just before 0.23... Well, now I'm planning nothing. Acually, I unsubscribed from DU and unlikely will subscribe back. Only if NQ change things.

 

Listen to people here. Who will you sell your schematics? Who will transport you? The only answer (not good for me) - DU will be populated by people with mentality of EVE players. I afraid of it, and if that happens... It's total disaster.

 

And, by the way, what are communication means? How can I receive an order from a person, who need a lift for example?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanilShe said:

DU will be populated by people with mentality of EVE players. I afraid of it, and if that happens... It's total disaster.

That's kind of ironic because Eve was an inspiration for DU and NQ has former CCP working with them. So you could expect an economy similar to Eve's.

It will be quite some time before there are more ways to make quanta directly from game features.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been speaking with a few players and one of our Marketing gurus (who is an avid DU player) about the various ways in which people can enjoy DU without having to dig, dig, dig for eternity.

 

We're collaborating on a kind of guide that will (hopefully) open up some new possibilities for people. :) We're all getting ready to have a holiday, but when we return in the New Year I expect to put our noses to the grindstone to churn this side project out.

 

Actually, to that end... I'm curious:

 

Have any of you witnessed a really unique play style that you want us to promote? I'd happily give you credit on the final guides if you want to share a story. ❤️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DanilShe said:

This is all good, but if I just started? You have a SPACE STATION (or several), a SHIPS, a QUANTAS! And I have a pair of small buildings on Sanctuary, a free Speeder and a small ship, which I built myself and planned to expand it to travel to space. Just before 0.23... Well, now I'm planning nothing. Acually, I unsubscribed from DU and unlikely will subscribe back. Only if NQ change things.

 

Listen to people here. Who will you sell your schematics? Who will transport you? The only answer (not good for me) - DU will be populated by people with mentality of EVE players. I afraid of it, and if that happens... It's total disaster.

 

And, by the way, what are communication means? How can I receive an order from a person, who need a lift for example?

Communication is an issue.  The lift scenario means you generally have to monitor the in game support channel.  If you have discord then you can monitor that too.  people ask for help on a fairly regular basis.  When 0.23 hit I has 5mil quanta 2 small factories (now gathering dust) and a few ships.  I used the 5 mil to buy schematics and the only asset I used was my personal transport.  I currently have around 3 mil quanta with another 40 or so currently on the market.  An xs ship with 2 small atmo and one medium space engine (no warp, I slow boat).  The ship I use could easily be made for less than the 150k daily allowance.  A couple more days and the 300k could be used to start trading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

We're collaborating on a kind of guide

We don't need a 'guide'. Mining is the ONLY source of new quanta. I don't consider the daily login to be a statistically relevant quantity. 150k = 6k of T1 ore at 25q/l. Big whoop. Not. 6k of ore takes me a couple minutes at most to mine.

 

We need missions already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Have any of you witnessed a really unique play style that you want us to promote? I'd happily give you credit on the final guides if you want to share a story. ❤️ 

That's a GOOD question! And I know this question, because I'm a programmer ;) And now I should ask you: please, tell me, what play style you want to offer to me? I mean: a unique play style, somewhat different play style. Somehting not similar to other games we have on a market today. Please, make me an interesting offer, because I have a problems with creativity of this kind. Actually, I do not know, what play style I need :) You know, usual story...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Underhook said:

Communication is an issue.  The lift scenario means you generally have to monitor the in game support channel.  If you have discord then you can monitor that too.  people ask for help on a fairly regular basis.  When 0.23 hit I has 5mil quanta 2 small factories (now gathering dust) and a few ships.  I used the 5 mil to buy schematics and the only asset I used was my personal transport.  I currently have around 3 mil quanta with another 40 or so currently on the market.  An xs ship with 2 small atmo and one medium space engine (no warp, I slow boat).  The ship I use could easily be made for less than the 150k daily allowance.  A couple more days and the 300k could be used to start trading.

Ok. I could understand a problem with communication. BETA. Hope devs will make player tools more functional not turning a game into a "tables simulator" like EVE, which have a very functional GUI IMO. But you have pretty high cliff to jump off when 0.23 hits. Maybe, if I had at least that much quanta, I would not boil over that much. Still I have some industry... But imagine a total newcomer. No money, speeder and territory marker. And he have to pay for everything... poor, poor dirt rat. This is wrong!

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that I noticed since 0.23 is a psychological change to how I view parts of the game. I started a few weeks before the patch, I did not lose a large factory or a big investment. What I lost was an aspect of the game that provided motivation for the other areas of game play. As a new player, designing a factory and building elements for my own ships was fun and provided a challenge. I wanted to mine and discover ores on other planets because it let me build something new. The accessible industry provided motivation to explore and play the game. After the schematic changes it turned mining into a wage labor proposition. I was just raising quanta to buy stuff. It reminds me of a job where your working on an exciting project you're invested in compared to a job your working at just for a paycheck. I'm still enjoying the other aspects of the game, but I have a far greater sense of having to spend some of my time "going to work."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...