Any LANDMARK builders here ??

Damian_Firecaster

On 8.9.2017 at 12:36 AM, Damian_Firecaster said:

Hello Alpha team

I am Damian Firecaster legat of the Core worlds Coalition. I am a former Everquest LANDMARK builder,  Current Space engineer and second life resident. I wanted to see How many Alpha team members are also former LANDMARK voxel mancers (Master voxel builders). You guys are going to show JC/novaquark just what a voxel engine is capable of doing. Also we need to test this engine to see if we can do micro voxels and negative voxels. so sound off. gentlemen and Ladies. we know what our job is, we have been down this road before ( Everquest Landmark) stress test, find every bug in this game and get it fixed, as with landmark we will find Some bugs that we like and that can be turned in to features such as the a fore mentioned micro voxels and negative voxels. we might find others. but our job is to get this planet / game ready for the other colonist that are asleep on the Arkship. My job will be to explore this planet and find resources. I look forward to meeting you guys again, some of you I know from landmark. It will be great to get back to building in voxels like we did in landmark. but this time our creations will FLY !!!! If you see me in game please say hello, I enjoy meeting people. to all other Members of the Alpha team, if you need assistence with building tools or building I will help some. the Ships I will be building are the S.S. Ram (Luxury yacht/Mobile Home (unarmed)), CWC Wolverine (Science-Command ship (ARMED)), CWC Amazon (Runabout(armed)).

Good luck to all of you.

Damian Firecaster

Core Worlds Coalition

I was in Landmark too.

Was fun times. Till sony sold it and the ceo fucked it up.

:3 could have been a perfect mix of building game + everquest next adventures.

I hope that we will have as many or more choices to manipulate voxels in here someday. Not much info on that out there yet.

And most official realesed  pictures are clunky :3.

1 hour ago, Sofernius said:

I was in Landmark too.

Was fun times. Till sony sold it and the ceo fucked it up.

:3 could have been a perfect mix of building game + everquest next adventures.

I hope that we will have as many or more choices to manipulate voxels in here someday. Not much info on that out there yet.

And most official realesed  pictures are clunky :3.

The dev history of EQN/Landmark indicates they never had a coherent plan other than a collection of very interesting technology, atst as the studio was angling for new finance other than SOE.

DU has a very strong vision and it looks like a coherent development plan that already has the voxels integrated successfully with the other core tech.

Good times ahead for builders I expect.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:07 AM, adan0440 said:

apart from the construction, Landmark had 0 gameplay but fortunately now have to DU

In the end when you had programmable mobs and could do your own adventures some truly amazing things where done. But most peeps had left then.

That was So FUN to do, But Now in DU, our creations can FLY!!! Welcome to DU and the Alpha team, Brother Knoober, I know You will Enjoy your stay here :) Remember to watch all the tutorial videos JC did they will teach you all about building in DU.

I was in Landmark but due to events in my life at the time I did not get to play too much but I did enjoy Landmark and seeing other peoples creations was amazing ! One of my favorites build styles were people that had massive building that looked like ships!   =)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2017 at 10:02 AM, Elkay said:

Hopefully, i'll get that Alpha invite I keep hearing about :)

Elkay!!!!!

Good to see you man.

Tordan <= Tyim

Looking forward to seeing you in game.

oh, and yes, there are some landmark Voxelmancers here. /grin

there are some interesting new constraints here though, and while i can't discuss, 'cause NDA reasons, I can point you at a publicly available Dev Post:

https://trello.com/c/KDZBff3I

This is slightly mitigated by this one:

https://trello.com/c/CSNbKxq3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8.9.2017 at 7:02 PM, Elkay said:

I'm a gold contributor here but i have received no Alpha invite as yet...however to answer your question yes, i played Landmark.  Kept to myself mostly so i doubt you saw any of my stuff but here's a link to my last build...i will not be trying to reproduce it in DU though:  I'll be going more for creating unique, usable space-craft and perhaps land-craft as well :)

Does it fly? if not - hey ... within DU you can make it fly :)

If that is not good enough to start over ...

Ser

• 3 weeks later...

oh yeah im a LM builder too sometimes i get this feeling of, oh that looks nice lets try and build this in landmak, but landmark is dead ...sad  but hey now we got DU cant wait to build my brain out :)

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, my name on Landmark was Angelsheart and i was one half of (BiA). Below is one of the builds we did on Landmark that ended up in the safe hands of LadyKathrine. The build took us a while to make and was HUGE. Hello to all our friends who may remember me and hopefully we will meet in you all in DU.

WotW.jpg