When will the space safe zone be removed?

Busterguy

Hello, now people are getting more advanced in the game and I’m seeing more people trying to get into PVP. When will the safe zone be removed around Alioth, madis and thades. I presume this is only temporary as the only true safe zone, in the end, should be the sanc moon of course.

I hope it happens soon so there is more resource drain in the economy. otherwise people are just going to sit on stacks of materials and the economy will be pointless 

Well, since you can use the shuttle to travel to alioth from sanctuary there is always a way to get past the PvP. and with the current system the ingame economy is pointless already for most players, increasing the chance to get destroyed in space does not help the economy, it will help creativity to bypass the threat. Almost every individual, not even org but individual has a personal factory, ores are relative easy to get especially the T1. Only time is an issue.

5 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Well, since you can use the shuttle to travel to alioth from sanctuary there is always a way to get past the PvP. and with the current system the ingame economy is pointless already for most players, increasing the chance to get destroyed in space does not help the economy, it will help creativity to bypass the threat. Almost every individual, not even org but individual has a personal factory, ores are relative easy to get especially the T1. Only time is an issue.

right now the only pvp content is camping travel routes to kill people slow bloating to and from planets. Removing this safe zone will make it harder to bring ores back to peoples factorys from other planets without the use of a warp drive. Tus raising the cost of travel to avoid pvp or to make more risk to get the ores off planet. So it will help the economy in a big way. 
Will raise the value on ores on alioth and sanc that are off planet and give more purpuse to pvp.

10 minutes ago, Busterguy said:

right now the only pvp content is camping travel routes to kill people slow bloating to and from planets. Removing this safe zone will make it harder to bring ores back to peoples factorys from other planets without the use of a warp drive. Tus raising the cost of travel to avoid pvp or to make more risk to get the ores off planet. So it will help the economy in a big way. 
Will raise the value on ores on alioth and sanc that are off planet and give more purpuse to pvp.

Hold on, if PvP is so highly loved by so many, surely there must be thousands of people feely engaging in PvP, as so many love it.

Why do you need to force people into PvP if it is such a great thing?

Because it aint, and nobody is apparently building ships for pure PvP to get them destroyed.

As i read this i think the aim is not to have more PvP but to have more targets for free stuff.

DU is not a PvP game, it is a game and has PvP.

DU also does not bring content, It Is Content and the people need to make the story.

Well, i was not planning to put C.A.T.S. AcE into action already but now i think I will have to. For defense of our partners we  build fighters for pure PvP with the sole aim to kill these people who are just waiting for an easy kill. So if your looking to help and defend and are not too lazy to only go for free ships provided but actually work to build your ship, join ushttps://discord.gg/uJXeJ7q  .

I do however share the motion that in beta we already need to have all zones as we will have them after reall launch, And not have them changet at day 1 after launch.

Relaxed guys.

I think regardless of what would be the best way, it will still be a long and rocky road to balance the game in all areas.

Not only trading or mining needs revisions, but also pvp itself. Strictly speaking, everything still has to be adjusted or balanced.
If the economy is not yet working properly in any area, there isn't really much you can do except wait until the individual points are further tinkered with.

Trading, mining, piracy, building and everything else that is possible is all still under development.

At the moment there is frustration with PVP for a number of reasons. If you make the change recklessly and remove the SafeZone, then the dealers will be frustrated .... So there is still a lot of work to do.

Furthermore, it sounds to me that PVP can only consist of two fronts.

Hunters and Traders ...

If a lot of PVP horny hunters are waiting outside the safe zone, why don't they fight each other?

Sounds for me only merchants get busted xD

The other solution is to remove any alloys T2 from Alioth / Madis / Thades and there moons.  So players that are scared of losing pixels can potter about in safe zone, and those of us who dont mind heading out into space can bring back the good stuff from them.

I am an industrialist trader but I am 100% for open pvp in as many areas a possible but ONLY when NQ gives us the tools we need to combat it

• RDMS to include shared KOS / Friendly lists of other orgs players
  • The ability to store information on player who attacked org assets
16 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Hold on, if PvP is so highly loved by so many, surely there must be thousands of people feely engaging in PvP, as so many love it.

PvP is vital as a means to add risk to a game that has none, it add values to products and gameplay.  Without any NPC's there needs to be pvp to create a sink for all the wealth being created.  NQ are clearly in no rush though, development to date 100% suggests that they are happy for us to keep building up civilisation before we start to knock some of it down and I think that is a good thing.  The fact that PvP updates arent even in the first part of the roadmap suggests how important NQ place it in the big scheme of things.  Think we are a good 3-6 months of relaxing of safe zones / atmos pvp.

6 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

The other solution is to remove any alloys T2 from Alioth / Madis / Thades and there moons.  So players that are scared of losing pixels can potter about in safe zone, and those of us who dont mind heading out into space can bring back the good stuff from them.

I am an industrialist trader but I am 100% for open pvp in as many areas a possible but ONLY when NQ gives us the tools we need to combat it

• RDMS to include shared KOS / Friendly lists of other orgs players
  • The ability to store information on player who attacked org assets

PvP is vital as a means to add risk to a game that has none, it add values to products and gameplay.  Without any NPC's there needs to be pvp to create a sink for all the wealth being created.  NQ are clearly in no rush though, development to date 100% suggests that they are happy for us to keep building up civilisation before we start to knock some of it down and I think that is a good thing.  The fact that PvP updates arent even in the first part of the roadmap suggests how important NQ place it in the big scheme of things.  Think we are a good 3-6 months of relaxing of safe zones / atmos pvp.

PvE also adds risk and a lot more people seem to enjoy that than they do PvP.

What I find startling is the fact that PvP gamers always talk about how good PvP is but they only ever seem to want to attack non-PvP players in ships that cannot fight back, against players with no interest in learning all of the skills and abilities to PvP. They never seem to form into opposing groups in areas with the aim of attacking other PvP players.

1 minute ago, FryingDoom said:

What I find startling is the fact that PvP gamers always talk about how good PvP is but they only ever seem to want to attack non-PvP players in ships that cannot fight back, against players with no interest in learning all of the skills and abilities to PvP. They never seem to form into opposing groups in areas with the aim of attacking other PvP players.

Can you explain to me the difference in fighting a player and fighting AI, never really got why some people get so salty because they are killed by a player but fine it is happens to AI.  Similar situation to all the players who want NPC missions, but then label orgs paying players to do jobs as 'slavery'.  All seems very odd to me.  I like player based pvp because it is more of a challenge.  PvE like pve because it is easy and they can 100% mitigate all looses.

Why do you have a ship that cant fight back in pvp space?  If you choose to do that it is your fault, not the games.

12 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Why do you have a ship that cant fight back in pvp space?  If you choose to do that it is your fault, not the games.

Why does so much space have to be given over to PvP? If most people hate PvP which is apparent because of the lack of it without PvP occurring, if you don't force people to PvP.

As to PvP v PvE, ever seen a PvE pirate harass the same player? post the comments on a third party site? or for that matter complain about players being able to get better defences?

1 minute ago, FryingDoom said:

Why does so much space have to be given over to PvP? If most people hate PvP which is apparent because of the lack of it without PvP occurring, if you don't force people to PvP.

As to PvP v PvE, ever seen a PvE pirate harass the same player? post the comments on a third party site? or for that matter complain about players being able to get better defences?

Because the game needs conflict, it needs voxel / money sinks, it does not need EVERYTHING in game to be accessible in safety, which is currently the case.  Hell even pvp zone is not even remotely dangerous at the moment.

Your pvp / pve answer isnt really an answer, so your issue is that people post comments? Sorry you have lost me now. The bottom line is there is no difference apart from the fact human players are far harder to beat and it feel a bit more personal.  The bottom line is that pvp / pve conflicts are actually very similar.  

Although I 100% agree that pvp player WILL moan about us getting more defenses, that are mainly cowards that pray on the weak but that is what pirates should be.  It is up to you to not to be weak.

Just now, Moosegun said:

Because the game needs conflict, it needs voxel / money sinks, it does not need EVERYTHING in game to be accessible in safety, which is currently the case.  Hell even pvp zone is not even remotely dangerous at the moment.

Your pvp / pve answer isnt really an answer, so your issue is that people post comments? Sorry you have lost me now. The bottom line is there is no difference apart from the fact human players are far harder to beat and it feel a bit more personal.  The bottom line is that pvp / pve conflicts are actually very similar.  

Although I 100% agree that pvp player WILL moan about us getting more defenses, that are mainly cowards that pray on the weak but that is what pirates should be.  It is up to you to not to be weak.

No my answer is if something is so unpopular that they can't get enough people to do it why should it be forced on people.
World of Warcraft learned this when they realised how unpopular PvP servers were and made it opt in, as did Elite Dangerous.

3 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

No my answer is if something is so unpopular that they can't get enough people to do it why should it be forced on people.
World of Warcraft learned this when they realised how unpopular PvP servers were and made it opt in, as did Elite Dangerous.

Neither WoW or Elite were player driven games though, this is a pretty much 100% player driven game, so the danger HAS to come from players, if you are removing pvp, then you are basically removing any risk at all.  The game is then broken, nothing has any value.

Why did you by a game with pvp and then try to get it removed / dumbed down?  It has been very clear from the start that it would have pvp pretty much everywhere.  Why do people buy games and then complain about well advertised elements of it.

17 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Neither WoW or Elite were player driven games though, this is a pretty much 100% player driven game, so the danger HAS to come from players, if you are removing pvp, then you are basically removing any risk at all.  The game is then broken, nothing has any value.

Why did you by a game with pvp and then try to get it removed / dumbed down?  It has been very clear from the start that it would have pvp pretty much everywhere.  Why do people buy games and then complain about well advertised elements of it.

Oh so you add the term player driven and suddenly PvP must be compulsory.

Why do I get the feeling this game is going to just end up as a copy of EvE where most of the players left years ago.

The Alioth/Thades/Madis safe zones really shouldn’t drop.   The actual hook of the game is a newbie seeing the scale of the game by managing to get into orbit, across a couple hundred SU of space, and to manage to land on another planet.  and the current three newbie planets is a nice amount that offers some choice between "bioformed temperate"/"unnatural disaster desert"/"algae ice ball".

—————

If anything the current PvP “vets" should be up in arms that current “PvP reward ores" have the same risk as newbie region “PvE reward ores”.  Considering planets with the most interesting rewards should have some combination of atmospheric PvP or territory control.   Along with the expected hoarding of those high end rewards when the “price of risk” for them are at the lowest they will ever be.

It doesn’t matter what the PvP’ers want or what the PvE’ers want, it all comes down to what generates the most money for the game so it can continue to exist. If the PvP’ers are getting bored because people are staying in the safe zone, fight each other, stop trying to force everyone to your play style. End of story. Now, just opening a PvP thread every few days is not going to change anything, could have posted in the other 2625 threads about this that already exist that sank to the bottom of the forums for lack of interest.

2 hours ago, Busterguy said:

Hello, now people are getting more advanced in the game and I’m seeing more people trying to get into PVP. When will the safe zone be removed around Alioth, madis and thades. I presume this is only temporary as the only true safe zone, in the end, should be the sanc moon of course.

I hope it happens soon so there is more resource drain in the economy. otherwise people are just going to sit on stacks of materials and the economy will be pointless 

There is no resource drain at all cause nothing is destroyed, everything can be repair so there is really no sink. PvP is in shambles anyway and needs a major overhaul before anything else is done/added.

30 minutes ago, Iorail said:

There is no resource drain at all cause nothing is destroyed, everything can be repair so there is really no sink. PvP is in shambles anyway and needs a major overhaul before anything else is done/added.

lol what are you on about. you use scrap to repair elements. if volxel gets destroyed you have to replace it with new ones. and guns consume ammo. So there is a sink. 

2 hours ago, FryingDoom said:

because this is a pvp game? the end goal of this game is blow shit up and fight each other over territory. Not hold hands planting flowers around your base 24/7

29 minutes ago, Busterguy said:

because this is a pvp game? the end goal of this game is blow shit up and fight each other over territoy. Not hold hands planting flowers around your base 24/7

No, the end goal of this game is to build a thriving civilization.

Pvpers are the emotionally disturbed and should be rooted out and exterminated with prejudice.

1 hour ago, Busterguy said:

lol what are you on about. you use scrap to repair elements. if volxel gets destroyed you have to replace it with new ones. and guns consume ammo. So there is a sink. 

You are trying to fight on the wrong front. PvP in its current state is a disgrace, and future PvP works is at the bottom of the road map, maybe 12 months from now if they can get everything else ready. I have said this, again, 2526 times on the other threads that you could have posted on, PvP’ers are in for a huge surprise if they get the entire game to open up to PvP minus one moon. There isn’t enough PvP’ers to support this game financially and PvP is not the game, it’s 1/4 of the game, why do you think all the PvP updates are at the bottom of the list..........

Now,  let’s indulge your fantasy for a minute. They open everything to PvP and you confine everyone else to one moon. The lag will be phenomenal, to the point that they will start bleeding subs. They have to provide a place that people can use to build if they choose, fly and test their ships if they choose, without been destroyed the second they enter space.

If you can counter what I have said with a solution on how the 7 of you plan to support the game financially for the years to come, I will never post on this forums again, otherwise, I’m not interested in your destroy everything mentality.

2 hours ago, FryingDoom said:

35 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

No, the end goal of this game is to build a thriving civilization.

Pvpers are the emotionally disturbed and should be rooted out and exterminated with prejudice.

Oh boy, look it a holier than thou, anyway, for a game to survive there has to be a risk behind doing things other than basic tasks, if I can do everything with impunity including building a full OvP fleet in the safezone and then randomely popping out and shooting people why wouldn't I just stay in the safezones there's no reason for me not to, then you just end up with giant snowballed PvP factions, and that is not gonna end well for everyone that wants to live a care bear life in a safezone, because as soon as they leave they'll be met with massive PvP fleets that are ready and willing to destroy your small hauler that you just wanted some ore on