Today I found that two websites look almost alike in format; with the exception of the data placed there. This topic is to expose organisations who copy one another. 

I found that a website for an organisation: "Empire" was copied by another organisation and possibly others.

Original Website, made by Empirehttp://dualempire.com/

Copy #1: https://dualtuaf.com/

As you can see, these two websites are very similar in format, but vary differently in information and owner; it's almost as if someone just looked at the Empire's website and just blatantly copied how it was formatted. Copying someone else's hard work is wrong and should not be commended in any way and should be disowned by the community.

Use this topic as a gateway for exposing pirates who plagiarize (steal) your or other people's hard work!

Don't let these pirates roam free!

Hi Neolithic and welcome to our forum.

Before jumping to conclusion about "somebody has copied/stolen your work" and generate drama, it's important to be sure that authors of these websites haven't just done a collaborative work, or used the same type of CMS (Content Management System), as this would explain why they are similar on the format aspect. For these reasons, as long as the content is not copied, please contact the authors. Moreover, this forum is not the place to start accusing people (read the forum rules)

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

They are both fan sites and if you scroll down they even have a disclaimer.

It would be counter productive to go after them, unless your disney then all must die :)...

As for piracy,to a large extend that is cause by over prices product, refusal to distribute, regional blocks and so on

Terran Union's main corporation was made roughly 1 month before Empire.

They also have a higher member count (300+ more) so the chances of them simply stealing from a smaller corporation is minimal as they'd probably at least 1 or 2 web designers in the corporation.

So I doubt Terran Union would actually copy yours due to more potential availability of people who can actually design websites.

That aside, you could contact your Legate and tell him to settle matters. Hopefully he'll shine light on situations before it ever escalated to... this?

I mean Staff already addressed it but I'm just showing what extra information to whoever wants it I guess so they can judge if there was ill-intent.

Also, why are you liking your own comments?

They both use a WordPress theme called "Godlike". That's all. And being as they are both fansites using images from the same game it isn't surprising that they look somewhat the same.

As for WordPress needing more designs/formats... the vast majority of themes for WordPress are created by independent designers and not by WordPress themselves.

The real question is why can you like your own comments?

It's sorta like a personal circlejerk. It's putting yourself on a pedestal and self-electing yourself as King.

It's also an undeserved like. Likes are when you like something, and why would you post something you don't like? You have to "reassure" everyone you like what you like?

It's sorta like a personal circlejerk. It's putting yourself on a pedestal and self-electing yourself as King.

It's also an undeserved like. Likes are when you like something, and why would you post something you don't like? You have to "reassure" everyone you like what you like?

I like this.

I am baffled fro the lack of you guys getting in touch with us before the accusation hail. I'll be referring to Imperators answer here, the theme is paid for and not an attempt to copy anything.

BTW I made the Empire website if anyone asks just to settle all this I used a template and was baffled how people started to use the same theme since it wasn't really super well known... So if you see from some of the Empires Point of views it seems you have copied because some members may not know it's a theme as long as everything was paid for I can't do anything (yes, I paid for the theme to)

Today I found that two websites look almost alike in format; with the exception of the data placed there. This topic is to expose organisations who copy one another. 

I found that a website for an organisation: "Empire" was copied by another organisation and possibly others.

Original Website, made by Empirehttp://dualempire.com/

Copy #1: https://dualtuaf.com/

As you can see, these two websites are very similar in format, but vary differently in information and owner; it's almost as if someone just looked at the Empire's website and just blatantly copied how it was formatted. Copying someone else's hard work is wrong and should not be commended in any way and should be disowned by the community.

Use this topic as a gateway for exposing pirates who plagiarize (steal) your or other people's hard work!

Don't let these pirates roam free!

I should have investigated more so on the topic before coming to any conclusions, it's plausible that the two had nothing to do with each other.

BTW I made the Empire website if anyone asks just to settle all this I used a template and was baffled how people started to use the same theme since it wasn't really super well known... So if you see from some of the Empires Point of views it seems you have copied because some members may not know it's a theme as long as everything was paid for I can't do anything (yes, I paid for the theme to)

The issue is that you're too quick to judge based on your own views. Yes i can see exactly why you think like you do. But the rational thing would be to talk about it with the involved parties instead of shouting accusations about it. As you stated yourself it is a paid theme and you do not own it yourself, you just happened to use it before. Hopefully this will calm down and be forgotten because it really is a non-issue at this point.

I should have investigated more so on the topic before coming to any conclusions, it's plausible that the two had nothing to do with each other.

It happens... there are literally a butload of pre-made themes out there, some of them work for formatting certain topics and some don't... most wouldn't take a theme for a flower shop and turn it into (or try to anyhow) something for a space rpg...  LOL 

It boils down a bit to great minds thinking alike in some cases... in others, it might in fact BE imitation (which could be construed as a form of flattery)... all intentions for building a good site are admirable, but the only way you can guarantee that your website will be truly unique is to spend hours creating your own theme... 

Most good CMS systems, including Wordpress and others have a basic 'generic' template... but for some it may be too time consuming, for others, just beyond reach of technical skills. 

Whatever the case, eventually both sites will diverge enough over time to eventually look unique all on their own :) 

Welcome to DU.

It is also equally plausible, in fact, highly likely in some cases, that it's Meta and one org may be a front for another, or prehaps both are the puppets of some greater power.

Ignore those other explanations. I think you have uncovered a conspiracy and you should definately spend time unearthing it... ????

Welcome to DU.

It is also equally plausible, in fact, highly likely in some cases, that it's Meta and one org may be a front for another, or prehaps both are the puppets of some greater power.

Ignore those other explanations. I think you have uncovered a conspiracy and you should definately spend time unearthing it...

*Noir Narration*

" I found myself investigating The-Handlebar-Moustache.com today. Again, sources check out, whoever is copying TheEmpire.com has gone to great lengths to invent time-travel and go back in time to copy TheEmpire.com's site layout. This is getting out of hand., I have found at least 12743020 sites with TheEmpire.com template. Whoever is copying them has some serious grudge against the Empire and its members."