Jump to content

Thanks for Blaming Us NQ!


Rokkur
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

One of the reasons we had mentioned when we did the release wipe is that the economy was in trouble

One of the reasons we wiped your progress, because you were progressing, and it was bad.

 

Quote

Territories and mining units were never meant as a means to print infinite money, sustainably, with no risk and limited effort.

Shame on you for using the Mining Units to generate the income you need to play, we should have been taxing you MORE!

 

Quote

If it is the case that the supply exceeds the demand, and as a result of that, prices sink, then it may be that the best solution for you is simply to go buy those cheap ressources at the market and take advantage of the surplus of resources. The more people do this, then demand should rise, and so will the cost, until we find some sort of equilibrium.

Just go buy resources with your 100k allowance, until we decide to take that away, or learn how to purchase ore when you don't have any money. Cause we allow people with alts to mission run billions of quanta a month.

 

Quote

When it comes to T1 ore, the barrier to entry is incredibly low, even a starter character can have a basic mining unit setup over a couple territories in a few days.

How dare new players have a way to make income without any barriers! Especially to get started in only a few days!

 

Quote

Don't get tricked by players putting up low buy orders.


Not our fault you can accidentally sell to people that buy ore for zero quanta, and we refuse to fix this for you.

NQ is punishing and placing the burden on players playing the game as it was intended!

Yet they fail to deal with the quanta faucet of alt-mission running, that concentrates BILLIONS OF QUANTA into a small number of people's hands. Besides can't remove that, or else who would have the money to buy your ore? 

 

So ALT UP if you want to play DU and have money to enjoy it or Leave!


 

Edited by Rokkur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The early economy broke so hard that they wiped accounts over a certain amount of quanta because people made billions in a few days, but that wasn't a true fix, as it didn't touch any wealth in the form of elements, ore, voxels or constructs. The buying power was still wildly concentrated. That is probably what they were referring to.

As for your multiple arguments about ore being income? You realise, you can use the ore to craft things, it's not just there to be sold for quanta. And if it's so cheap that you can't make income out of it, then it is cheap enough to buy with your 100k allowance and craft things with.

And the low buy orders? You only sell to them if you either:
a) click on the button for selling to that order, and then click the confirmation window without reading it, or
b) click on 'instant sell' and then click on the confirmation window without reading it.

As for alts? Yeah, feels like cheating, especially if you're one of the people who can't afford it, but how would you suggest they stop it? How would you prove that an account is an alt, without tracking data that everyone would be outraged at?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArsNova said:

As for your multiple arguments about ore being income? You realise, you can use the ore to craft things, it's not just there to be sold for quanta. And if it's so cheap that you can't make income out of it, then it is cheap enough to buy with your 100k allowance and craft things with.

And if you have to spend your daily stipend on materials, what are you going to buy your schematics with? Since T1 ain't so hard-to-get, whatever higher-Tier you're shelling out for will need schematics just to turn into Pures, then again into Product, and further into Elements. Profit margins are not large.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArsNova said:

As for alts? Yeah, feels like cheating, especially if you're one of the people who can't afford it, but how would you suggest they stop it? How would you prove that an account is an alt, without tracking data that everyone would be outraged at?

Its funny if you think they dont already track this information. They do. Its not hard to see what accounts log in from what public ip address or even the mac address associated with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DemonAn9el said:

Its funny if you think they dont already track this information. They do. Its not hard to see what accounts log in from what public ip address or even the mac address associated with it. 

Spoofing and VPNs are not hard. That wouldn't be a reliable solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArsNova said:

Spoofing and VPNs are not hard. That wouldn't be a reliable solution.


Watch out he has a VPN... going to L33T hax you! beware!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ArsNova said:

The early economy broke so hard that they wiped accounts over a certain amount of quanta because people made billions in a few days, but that wasn't a true fix, as it didn't touch any wealth in the form of elements, ore, voxels or constructs.

 

How did you get this data as this is under privecy law.

 

Well blaming players and giving al sorts of bullshit reasons is just like we by now know NQ.

 

This feels like bad industrial practice all over and if this is the way you run a business or the main investor that actually calls the shots i must say its a wonder the business is still running because as a person working close with all kinds of industries and seeing firsthand how businesses need to be run under ISO and many others like it, this is just not professional.

 

Blaming a wipe that you perform for reducing server load on players while the whole concept of the game is to use your imagination and be limitless in it is a contradiction in itself.

 

I am one of the people glad to see any NPC element GO as you proclaimed DU would have none and all should be player driven.

 

But the removal of a single part in the whole closckwork makes the clock stop and my reason of being against npc elements is much larger as stopping bots.

Your whole economic system is build on bots and quanta sinks but now you only remove the generation part and not the counterpart of the quanta sink and by that you just added another limitation and nothing is fixed. By reducing all t2 and up surface ores/minable ores you deliberately made sure only a handfull of people could get them and by god i hope the people that found them are not the same as those who knew by forehand in beta about upcoming changes but frankly i would not be surprised if maps with deployed ores would have gone missing. And by doing that, the reduction of ores without a single moment of testing that system in beta you made a full known risk on release of DU knowingly that the game is advertised as you can build your dreams and be anyone, do anything.

 

As the terms white knight and black knights come around more often these days, well i was your regular white jedi but by now the color grey is getting darker with every patch with "improvements"

 

I know listening is not your best point but would it hurt to try?  Or are we getting pink voxels next because that is the communities largest wish?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wipe solved nothing, just like we said it would not do because of NQ never coming close to solving the actual issues causing problems in the first place.

 

And despite DU now supposedly being a released game wiped clean and all to make a fresh start, NQ is still making game breaking changes left and right with no prior warnings and some times even in direct conflict with prior statements they have made.

 

And so the list of examples where NQ is saying one thing and doing another (aka lying), grows longer by the day.

 

And on top of this there is ZERO effort made from NQ to make a game that is actually fun to play. Every change made since release has been about limiting players ability to enjoy the game, and take away their ability to build and express themselves in the game. So much for "a open world building MMO" and "make your own game" I guess..

 

So it is a wonder that people are complaining (also known as 'unbalanced feedback' that will be ignored according to NQ) and players leaving the game?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yet again, NQ is hopelessly naive in conflating a balanced economy with a fun game...that's easy to do when you refuse to engage with player feedback.

 

Churn rates would not magically reverse if NQ somehow conjured a "perfect" economy...which seems to be its only priority even as users keep churning (hard). 

 

At its core, the game still isn't engaging enough to grow or retain new players.

 

NQ doesn't want to focus on that, they want to pretend that the issue is an economy that everyone predicted would not work in part because it wasn't really tested in beta.

 

They want to pretend that fixing this is the key to making the game work...an idea that's not grounded in reality at all. 

 

Feature depth will never come because NQ will always find an excuse to work on something else -- inevitably it isn't something new, it's something they've already iterated on a dozen times. Without more feature depth and engagement, it really doesn't matter what price ore is.

 

It could be free, it could be 1 billion quanta per unit.

 

It truly doesn't matter if players keep churning, and players will keep churning even more if they make the early game more of a grind than it is already. NQ has no perspective because they decided years ago that every piece of player feedback was worthless and that they were better equipped to understand their players than their players. 

 

That sort of arrogance...well, it tends to be rewarded with failure. It isn't too late for NQ to make some drastic changes and start fixing things...but it's almost too late and I have no belief they have enough humility to actually accept that changes are needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ArsNova said:

Spoofing and VPNs are not hard. That wouldn't be a reliable solution.

 

This isn't a browser game... You'd need a completely separate virtual computer install of this game on top of a completely separate install of windows for each alt on top of a randomised VPN if you wanted to disguise your account.

That's far too much trouble to do. Fact is the anti cheat engine already fingerprints the OS and sends salient information such as a hash of the windows serial number and hardware footprint to DU... If you log out and log in of your account even using VPN IP swap between each login, the anticheat will link your logins to a single windows licence or hardware footprint...

 

I don't care either way, they are not going to cut off their whales to appease a few paupers like us.  e.g. there is this one guy who claims he runs about 40 alts, and if he is not full of shiit when he says he plays by buying DACs with his 400,000,000 daily income, he is still consuming 40 of other people's DACs a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

The wipe solved nothing, just like we said it would not do because of NQ never coming close to solving the actual issues causing problems in the first place.

 

And despite DU now supposedly being a released game wiped clean and all to make a fresh start, NQ is still making game breaking changes left and right with no prior warnings and some times even in direct conflict with prior statements they have made.

 

And so the list of examples where NQ is saying one thing and doing another (aka lying), grows longer by the day.

 

And on top of this there is ZERO effort made from NQ to make a game that is actually fun to play. Every change made since release has been about limiting players ability to enjoy the game, and take away their ability to build and express themselves in the game. So much for "a open world building MMO" and "make your own game" I guess..

 

So it is a wonder that people are complaining (also known as 'unbalanced feedback' that will be ignored according to NQ) and players leaving the game?

 

 

 

 

If anything, the wipe has exacerbated the inequity. Those who learnt how to game the system after a year of NQ fakking everything up left-right-and-centre were ready to game from DAY ONE after the wipe and were on top of the world before other chumps were even off the planet.


Even our little, two-bit remains of Nova X has managed things that few noobs and even some other mid-tier players would ever be able to accomplish. We have magnified the distance between us and the tier of beginners who have likely, mostly already departed given the now 33% decline in monthly Steam numbers.

 

As an aside, three days ago, this decline was still 30% which means the last week has been A HARD DOWN on DU noob numbers, because, let's face it, few established players are going to move over to steam, we can be certain that most Steam players are noobolinas...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

The wipe solved nothing, just like we said it would not do because of NQ never coming close to solving the actual issues causing problems in the first place.

 

And despite DU now supposedly being a released game wiped clean and all to make a fresh start, NQ is still making game breaking changes left and right with no prior warnings and some times even in direct conflict with prior statements they have made.

 

And so the list of examples where NQ is saying one thing and doing another (aka lying), grows longer by the day.

In under two months!

 

NQ is laughably slow at almost everything, but the one thing they do unbelievably fast is run a game into the ground. They got some mad skillz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rokkur said:

quanta faucet of alt-mission running, that concentrates BILLIONS OF QUANTA into a small number of people's hands

Let's examine the components of this statement:

1) quanta faucet (n.) - Centrally controlled means of injecting monetary supply into a closed environment.

2) alt (n.) - Abbreviation for alternate.  In the context of DU an alt is any paid account above the first account for a single player.

 

DU has multiple quanta faucets and so far the only one that has not been slowed drastically is only an outsized benefit for those who are working as a group OR paying NQ real money above the standard one account per player.  To be clear, I am not saying that NQ is doing anything untoward or unscrupulous in this case.  I am rephrasing the facts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jinxed said:

 

This isn't a browser game... You'd need a completely separate virtual computer install of this game on top of a completely separate install of windows for each alt on top of a randomised VPN if you wanted to disguise your account.

That's far too much trouble to do. Fact is the anti cheat engine already fingerprints the OS and sends salient information such as a hash of the windows serial number and hardware footprint to DU... If you log out and log in of your account even using VPN IP swap between each login, the anticheat will link your logins to a single windows licence or hardware footprint...

 

I don't care either way, they are not going to cut off their whales to appease a few paupers like us.  e.g. there is this one guy who claims he runs about 40 alts, and if he is not full of shiit when he says he plays by buying DACs with his 400,000,000 daily income, he is still consuming 40 of other people's DACs a month.

 

 

Enforcing this would also mean banning anyone from playing with kids, relatives, roommates or even friends, from the same household.

 

Either that or requiring each player to provide proof of their identity, to create an account.  And banning anyone from paying for the account of a child or relative.

 

They would have to pay an entire building full of people just to handle the process of sifting through all the bans and trying to determine which ones were valid.

 

There are a ton or reasons why, as far as i know, no online game has ever tried to enforce something like this.  It's not just about "whales". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well yesterday we were told that if we were not nice to new people it was our fault the game dies.

 

so be nice all ;)

 

But frankly, the cominity is not even toxic as there is a need for a critical mass to even get to that point. People here are critical and maybe harch to NQ but we all are nice to new peops.

 

Lately I already see lower amounts of ships at m6 and with the new restrictions the time to build stuff only increases so no idea how this helped the comunity. If anything, new people need to have the idea they can actually achieve stuff in a not to far future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

If anything, new people need to have the idea they can actually achieve stuff in a not to far future

This is a genuine peril for DU at present.  Most of the players I saw living on Haven were solo factory builders posting small sell orders.   Then their ore to quanta exchange dried up.  For these players, a mission system to stock T1 elements for Aphelia at various markets on Haven and other safe planets could replace ore bots while giving solo industry a foothold to grow from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 4:19 AM, Rokkur said:

Yet they fail to deal with the quanta faucet of alt-mission running, that concentrates BILLIONS OF QUANTA into a small number of people's hands. Besides can't remove that, or else who would have the money to buy your ore? 

 

Lol, switch to mission running like the rest of us!  Group up with others if you have no alts.  The more people there are running missions the quicker they will get nerfed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

lets kill the npc missions!

 

Good plan!

 

Player expectations. We will get NQ's attention and they will add other gameplay elements.

 

Reality NQ. Let's not introduce anything new! Disable half of the missions. The rest of the missions are limited in use and reduce the reward by 2 (3-4-5) times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...