Jump to content

Recruit a Friend - Discussion Thread


NQ-Deckard
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Lethys said:

Already? That was fast!

 

Since it's been only 2 years or so, you would have to remind me of the benefits and the system itself. I've forgotten

Judging from the announcement post here on the forum, I presume it is a small amount of quanta and talent points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, decom70 said:

Judging from the announcement post here on the forum, I presume it is a small amount of quanta and talent points.

No one checks the main site anymore? 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There shouldn't be any skillpoint or quanta reward for the player who sent an invitation. Otherwise it's the same as buying skillpoints or quanta with real money (with an extra step).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hdparm said:

There shouldn't be any skillpoint or quanta reward for the player who sent an invitation. Otherwise it's the same as buying skillpoints or quanta with real money (with an extra step).

Agreed, If there is a way people can essentially buy skill points it may well create a pay to win hole later on. May want to think carefully before this rocky road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 4:00 AM, Aaron Cain said:

Well since i invited my friends 2 years ago i guess i will never see any reward?

 

Well, the big benefit for you is that after two years, your friends have probably gotten over their anger at you and have started taking your calls again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the bigger things the recruit a friend needs is the ability to recruit a friend and pay 1-12 months worth of gameplay for them.  Allot easier to tell a friend, here I bought you a game try it out. Then hey pay a sub to try out this game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I invited about 15 people into the game, paid the pre ""beta" pledge for 5-6of them myself.. All of them, including myself, left .. NQ has run out of steam and hopes the few people still here will now start recruiting for trinkets.. it will not do any good..

 

I would not dare recuit friends to this project.. I got burt anough by NQ, so thatnk but no.. thanks..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a bit annoying that any accounts I already recruited (OK, they are my alt accounts but whatever) are not eligible for the program any more because I made a purchase before the program started running.  Given the possibility of a wipe anyway (so no real benefit in training SP on alts) I'm now thinking I might be better off unsubbing the paid accounts then waiting for the wipe and creating a new set afterwards.

Or will you be grandfathering in existing accounts somehow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

It's a bit annoying that any accounts I already recruited (OK, they are my alt accounts but whatever) are not eligible for the program any more because I made a purchase before the program started running.  Given the possibility of a wipe anyway (so no real benefit in training SP on alts) I'm now thinking I might be better off unsubbing the paid accounts then waiting for the wipe and creating a new set afterwards.

Or will you be grandfathering in existing accounts somehow?

 

This. I would love for the ability to grandfather in past referrals. 

 

BTW, I think the rewards look great. Candidly, I hope they add micro transactions for skins like Rust and other games. I am addicted to buying that skins and need to continue to feed my addiction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doombad said:

 

This. I would love for the ability to grandfather in past referrals. 

 

BTW, I think the rewards look great. Candidly, I hope they add micro transactions for skins like Rust and other games. I am addicted to buying that skins and need to continue to feed my addiction. 

Each to their own.  Personally I'm not a fan of micro transactions for skins, etc in a game where I'm already paying several subscriptions.  Particularly not in a game where the majority of the content is created by the players!  I feel like for a sub things like skins should be available for free and if anything is being charged for it should be the ability to add a custom texture/skin/whatever you made yourself.

Eve has a lot of this sort of thing and it resulted (for me anyway) in lots of immersion-breaking nonsense like t-shirts that cost more than dreadnoughts and ship skins which cost 100s of times the price of the ship they're skinning.  I hope that sort of thing doesn't come to DU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Again my question, i asked my friends to join the first time you said this program was coming so How can i still get rewards for them joining?


Deckard answered this in Discord: 

"Unfortunately no, we did have a banner with a notice up clearly stating that accounts created prior to the RAF launch would not be eligible."

https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/897889829369577583

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I might be a bit dense, and not able to figure this out, however, the recruit-a-friend page says:

 

Quote

Any friends you recruit get the following in-game rewards:

A one-time teleporter to join the recruiter (some technical conditions apply)
(Technical condition: the items will be loaded in the referred player's nanopack, right at the start of his/her playtime)


That's nice.
So, I recruited myself (my first alt). Now, I want to teleport to where my main character is, however I don't have anything resembling a teleporter in my alt's nanopack.
How do I go about teleporting my alt to my main character?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, war4peace said:

Hi all,

I might be a bit dense, and not able to figure this out, however, the recruit-a-friend page says:

 


That's nice.
So, I recruited myself (my first alt). Now, I want to teleport to where my main character is, however I don't have anything resembling a teleporter in my alt's nanopack.
How do I go about teleporting my alt to my main character?


Have you tried adding the recruiter as a friend? Should be an option then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, war4peace said:

Yes, I did that, both accounts are friends and in the same organization. Still, no idea how to teleport to the other account.


Should just have to right-click on them in the friends list. Can only do it once though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, war4peace said:

Do both of us have to be online when that happens? If so, I'll have to figure out a way to run two DU clients at the same time.


Probably? If you are able to run one client on your machine, you could then use GeforceNow to run a second client.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been playing and supporting this game since 2016, thank you NQ for giving away the first "skins" and "special items" under such piteous conditions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...