let the whole world know about this game

Mikhail

This game is pretty cool ill admit, but it isnt fit for general consumption.

There is no real purpose in this game resembling anything other than legos and minecraft. What are we actually building anything for with all the limitations on everything in a sandbox game? What is the point of doing anything other than mining to mine so that you can mine some more to build a massive base or to go scrim pvp for no real purpose other then bragging right? Beyond that what is there really to this game? Its all subjective without purpose to make of it what you want it to be and nothing more to it really.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:47 AM, Mikhail said:

please make a placement in the steam

Let's not. We have too many players for the game to handle now. Once it's feature complete and optimized would be a good time to promote more heavily (I don't have an opinion as to whether steam is a good way to do that.)

This game is pretty niche and until there is some purpose to playing this game it would be dead on arrival pending any meaningful gameplay changes. And the changes they are proposing make this even more DOA so there is that. Until there is purpose and some form of a gameplay circuit added there is no point since anyone who actually wants to play is likely already playing it. Those who have tried it have already left leaving those of us who semi still enjoy the game are holding onto our fingernails already lol.

6 hours ago, Burble said:

And then there are the extortion fees Steam charges you everytime 'it' sells your game. I think NQ are smarter than that. I have already seen some prime time adverts for DU on the regular interweb in good places. Far better to spend money on advertising than to give Steam a cut of your profits.

Self hosting costs are way more than Steam fees (even more if you use AWS like NQ does).

People are just ignorant about what is required to host and distribute a game. They're totally clueless about "TCO" and opex costs in general.

The whole 'steam fees' debate was relevant only when you reached a very high volume but since then you can now negotiate reduced fees for very high volumes.

Don't be fooled by the FUD that the Epic marketing team distilled in the press these past years. Do the real math (aws, xsolla, staff, etc).

55 minutes ago, Kirth Gersen said:

Self hosting costs are way more than Steam fees (even more if you use AWS like NQ does).

People are just ignorant about what is required to host and distribute a game. They're totally clueless about "TCO" and opex costs in general.

The whole 'steam fees' debate was relevant only when you reached a very high volume but since then you can now negotiate reduced fees for very high volumes.

Don't be fooled by the FUD that the Epic marketing team distilled in the press these past years. Do the real math (aws, xsolla, staff, etc).

Fair enough. I am not an expert. I do know that in some cases Steam was taking up to 50% or more from some developers. But I really don't know what I am talking about in any detail.

Steam would add tens of thousands to the game and the bulk would refund their way out half way through the laggy tutorial - the rest would fight with support for a week to get their refunds for exceeding their 2 hour refund window....

Probably not the best move. 

you want to put this on steam

ok first problem its a sub only game so 30% of what they are charging is a waste of time 

second problem everyone that wanted to try DU already has and made their mind up im sorry to break it to ya

third problem is there is no game its a  mining sim with some voxel building and average space flight with garbage pvp

just wow  steam lol 

I have seen them doing quite a bit of advertising on facebook and other places. I think they are starting to branch out with advertising. However I do not think this game is ready for a steam launch I would rather them wait than have the game get review bombed. This game while I love it at the moment is niche until more completed polish and features. Not everyone likes dealing with early access alpha/beta games and what comes along with it. 

I don think this game is ready for more advertising, let alone steam, lolz. It should never have come out into Beta in its current state and it in no way should be charging people a set price, let alone a sub, to join the game now. They would be better off, closing the doors, going back into Alpha, and coming back into Beta when it is far far more polished than it is currently. All they are doing now is alienating players from the very base that they will need later.

Put it out on steam...   pffft,  I actually choked on a biscuit I was eating when I read that.