Jump to content

Refund update


Massacher
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, Mordgier said:

 

You're still in your honeymoon period.

 

When you have literally spent an entire week of your playtime doing nothing but mining every minute of your playtime, you'll change your tune.

Nope nope nope, I'm still loving it. Dig into voxelmancy bruh and then YOU will change your tune. 🤩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Saedow said:

Nope nope nope, I'm still loving it. Dig into voxelmancy bruh and then YOU will change your tune. 🤩

Dude digging into voxelmancy made me hate everything about it.

 

The tools we have to work with feel like playing a game that has intentionally clunky controls like surgeon simulator, I am Bread or octodad. 

 

Voxelmancy as it stands is torture to me. There is nothing that feels fun about it. It infuriating and unpredictable and much of it basically comes down to hours of trial and error till you are able to get the shape that you want. 

 

There is no sane way to defend the current state of the voxel tools. It's not even fair to say that they are unfinished - they are not even tools. 

 

Making good looking ships in DU is about as frustrating as doing needlework while wearing oven mitts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Saedow said:

Nope nope nope, I'm still loving it. Dig into voxelmancy bruh and then YOU will change your tune. 🤩

11 hours ago, Mordgier said:

The tools we have to work with feel like playing a game that has intentionally clunky controls like surgeon simulator, I am Bread or octodad.

 

While these are opposing statements I just couldn't agree more with BOTH of them :lol:

 

At first it took me what felt like forever waiting for the vertex editor and I didn't touch much of voxelmancy, even tho I knew the mechanics and could manipulate stuff to get the expected results. My nick ain't a coincidence after all, but it took me a very long time to experience moments in which I actually had fun manipulating voxels and see the pro-voxelmancy side of things. Still these remained rare occasions and I always reverted to rather simple shapes on large scale because doing what I wanted was just too tedious and felt like doing the pontius-pilatus-run (English "pillar to post"?) for every single line, row and column in the 512x512x512 grid. Choice was like either do a flat roof and be done in 1 minute or make a nice curve, add details and invest days just for the looks of it while also knowing it would result in a worse frontal cross-section.

 

While usually being just a happy builder on the "style over quality" side, the lack of advanced tools like vertex editor pushed me to the opposite side of this spectrum in DU, which in fact has been my greatest disappointment so far and the reason I just can't resist joining this off-topic discussion right now :ph34r:

 

Seeing this being on 1st place right after the pinned votes was the best news ever to me:

https://upvote.dualuniverse.game/suggestions/122830/voxel-vertices-editor

 

If you didn't already: vote for it rite meow. Wheee! \o/

 

 

Feeling guilty now. On topic: well, to my knowledge NQ has been rather courteous (what's a good word for "kulant" in English?) regarding refunds. So good luck on your support ticket and sorry it didn't work out for you. Anyways, on the level of moral intuition I feel like the right thing to do with a pledge that didn't turn out as expected is just seeing it like one took a chance and lost some money gambling. When I pledged back in the days I already knew this could turn out as something like EVE and possibly drive me away, or it might even fail completely as many other Kickstarter campaigns failed in the past. So I took the highest stake I ever did in my gaming history (several hundreds of €), because I've never seen any concept/chance that came even close to this project - but I accepted the risk of losing all that money even before I spent it. Thing is I knew my finances back then and knew that if it turned out well, I'd have spent that money and could live without it - when it doesn't work out tho and I don't get the money back, it's still the same on my financial side and I couldn't claim that I'm in trouble without that amount, because that would be the case even if it worked out too. Just mentioning this because I've seen others who made it seem as if it was a lot of money that impacts their life significantly and... well... I failed to relate on why spend it in the first place if pockets are too tight. Might not apply here tho, so sorry in that case - didn't mean to offend or suggest anything, just sharing experience/thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, Mordgier said:

Dude digging into voxelmancy made me hate everything about it.

 

The tools we have to work with feel like playing a game that has intentionally clunky controls like surgeon simulator, I am Bread or octodad. 

 

Voxelmancy as it stands is torture to me. There is nothing that feels fun about it. It infuriating and unpredictable and much of it basically comes down to hours of trial and error till you are able to get the shape that you want. 

 

There is no sane way to defend the current state of the voxel tools. It's not even fair to say that they are unfinished - they are not even tools. 

 

Making good looking ships in DU is about as frustrating as doing needlework while wearing oven mitts.

I honestly don't mind designing ships that look something like the Pillar of Autumn -  in general, I actually prefer more "boxy" angular ship designs to the smooth stuff I see people trying to poorly imitate.

 

With that said, yeah, the tools still suck and I completely understand your stance on them. As for "voxelmancy", it's freaking epeen smeared cringe inducing nonsense. If I want to invest time into learning something, it'll be something that makes sense. I will not try and work around existing tools by endless amounts of copy-pasting-deleting insanity. The proper tools for creating appropriate shapes should exist and they don't. I don't need to learn to do "vectormancy" in illustrator to create illustrations - the tools simply work in a predictable way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2020 at 1:02 AM, Massacher said:

I contacted Xsolla support and this is their first response:

 

I had already submitted my request using that form. So I don't know why they asked me to do it again?

 

The next day this is their response:

 

 

So am I going to get a refund or not? Who issues them? Xsolla or game support? Whoever that is.

This is pretty much standard operating procedure with player-backed games. Such games often change direction during development. This sort of risk is almost always stated plainly up front (but many players seem to act oblivious when they decide they want a refund). Live and learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can understand kickstarter backers not getting a refund for the game or certain perks.  However when the backer package includes subbed game time that part should be refundable. Especially when the game time was to start "At Launch" and then was later changed to "At Beta"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, HairballHacker said:

This is pretty much standard operating procedure with player-backed games. Such games often change direction during development. This sort of risk is almost always stated plainly up front (but many players seem to act oblivious when they decide they want a refund). Live and learn.

The point is they asked me to submit a ticket which I already did. What is the point of that? It's a waste of time. Doing something which I already did. Not only is the game shit. Support is shit. Incompetent idiots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

thieves ! still a buggy game sold like a done game

better off with star citizen at least it looks like a current gen game.

 

i've got a surface book 3 i7 15 inch top sec  games like destiny 2, star citizen work perfect max settings this one choppy to say the least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dayeetee said:

thieves ! still a buggy game sold like a done game

better off with star citizen at least it looks like a current gen game.

 

i've got a surface book 3 i7 15 inch top sec  games like destiny 2, star citizen work perfect max settings this one choppy to say the least

when the support responded no refund i could hear the tehe in there little pirate support room

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While it looks like @Massacher still wants the money, it seems the point he is making is the extremely obtuse response and run-around he received as well. I think they could have at least explained the why. If it's because of a contractual obligation then say so. Maybe quote the section of contract as a response. I can agree that the way they handled it could have been better.

 

But my bet is the money is non-refundable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Dayeetee said:

thieves ! still a buggy game sold like a done game

better off with star citizen at least it looks like a current gen game.

 

i've got a surface book 3 i7 15 inch top sec  games like destiny 2, star citizen work perfect max settings this one choppy to say the least

Wasn't sold as a done game, unless you were riding high on your narcotic of choice when browsing Youtube videos.

 

It is clearly a beta. I subbed for this game in response to an announcement for the paid beta, in October.

 

I have had star citizen since they released the Squadron 42 to the backers. It is currently a $300+ million pile of crap and each time I log in, hoping for something fun, it remains a disappointing pile of crap sprayed with gold paint. Although I still have hopes for it, I'm not holding my breath.

 

I guess their saving grace is that they are still calling it an Alpha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Penwith said:

 

I have had star citizen since they released the Squadron 42 to the backers. It is currently a $300+ million pile of crap and each time I log in, hoping for something fun, it remains a disappointing pile of crap sprayed with gold paint. Although I still have hopes for it, I'm not holding my breath

Same.

 

 

But remove star Citizen, SQ42 and 300mil and instert DU and whatever amount they raised

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Same.

 

 

But remove star Citizen, SQ42 and 300mil and instert DU and whatever amount they raised

Except I've played  SC/SQ42 far longer and had less to see from it, than DU has provided me.

 

And while DU has its problems, it's not a pile of crap, but rather the foundation of what will likely be an excellent game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Penwith said:

Except I've played  SC/SQ42 far longer and had less to see from it, than DU has provided me.

 

And while DU has its problems, it's not a pile of crap, but rather the foundation of what will likely be an excellent game.

I played DU far longer ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2020 at 12:38 AM, Deintus said:

While it looks like @Massacher still wants the money, it seems the point he is making is the extremely obtuse response and run-around he received as well. I think they could have at least explained the why. If it's because of a contractual obligation then say so. Maybe quote the section of contract as a response. I can agree that the way they handled it could have been better.

 

But my bet is the money is non-refundable.

We only have 1 side of the story

 

Quote

 

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately, this purchase is not eligible for a refund on our side. The game support will review your request and inform you of their decision. Please note that it can take them several business days to review your request.
Thank you for your patience.

 

They even told him he was not eligible for a refund but would review the request anyway

(this one can good both ways, either a fast review = good, or you join the eternal circle of forwarded tickets)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I mentioned before that you sound like me at the start of pre-alpha. That was three years ago. You may have noticed I sound different now. Maybe we'll speak again in another three years.

 

I am entertained by what exists now, not by the promise of what might exist in  the future. I am excited by that promise, but that's it. I'll be neither angry nor giddy with the future of the game, regardless of which direction it goes.

 

If the game folds up tomorrow, I will have still received more entertainment value than I could have hoped for. If it lasts for 20 years more, with millions of happy subscribers, great, but if I find a greater source of entertainment or fulfillment elsewhere, I won't be here.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...