March devdiary

Lethys

Jynx! Hopefully the new mods can merge my post into yours!

I agree, very excited about the sensors, and about the orbital technology.

Or the other way round, doesn't matter :D

Jc said some very very very good things there, I love this update. This is developing really well imho

HEISTS CONFIRMED. LASER GRID SECURITY SYSTEMS. :D

You want to explore my underground base? I want to play a game with you....

Love it. You can do lots and lots of wonderful stuff with those 2 interactive elements (push plate, laser)...And from the looks, they want to introduce more

Yeah pretty nice art there.

And I like those forcefields... labyrinths, bridges, blocking, trolling intruders, fast emergency exits in case of an attack, slowing down people,.... in combination with those sensors it's really amazing what you could do

Sensors.. nice, the feature of the month :). But I have to say I love the style of functional blocks they doing. It fits the game very well. All together with decent voxel build system will look like there will be no limit to very good looking constructs.

Also, if NQ can confirm, is that Box Element at the end of the video, the new Core Unit design?

CAuse it looks sick as F, like a Moore Law logical extend on a current day CPU.

It dose say core unity on it.

I'm lovin it.

The sensors are great, and there was another "Hub" (logic gates ?) element on the floor that allowed users to connect multiple elements together.  They weren't  controller DPUs,  because JC indicated this was done without scripting.

Loved the blue "data" lines to show what was connected to what.

Loved the force fields that you could fall through, or use in place of a door.

Things are really coming along.

Wasn't fond of the switch for the door, but I'm sure it was a placeholder. 

they need to make food systems D: thatway we can farm vegans with Space-Wheat and roast some when they are all grownup and ready

Here we go again :( There are like 3 mega threads about this.

No offense was intended.

they need to make food systems D: thatway we can farm vegans with Space-Wheat and roast some when they are all grownup and ready

That's so hardcore farming those Vegans. :P

But yeah, sandbox quality features like farming / agriculture are always amazing.

Awesome update video!
I literally jiggled with excitement when I saw the room with the sensors and the door and just the way things were looking! :lol:
Super impressed and excited with the way things are going!

@Lethys:

There is no automatic orbit mode (at least for the moment). Being in orbit of a planet is basically the result of having reached a certain speed (whether by propulsion generated by engines or by inertial speed with engines turned off) while being near a planet in space.

@ATLMVE:

As there wasn't any answer to your topic, it hasn't been archived.

@CaptainTwerkMotor:

Yes, at the end of the video, it's the new Core Unit Design.

As the 3D Model is nearly finished, with a bit of luck, you will see it in-game in the next DevDiary ;)

@Lights:

No food system planned at the moment, sorry :( 

We wanted to implement tons of cool features for the Official Release, but we had to make tough choices.

@Ripper:

Yes, the switch next to the door was a place holder, not a final version.

@Lethys:

There is no automatic orbit mode (at least for the moment). Being in orbit of a planet is basically the result of having reached a certain speed (whether by propulsion generated by engines or by inertial speed with engines turned off) while being near a planet in space.

@ATLMVE:

As there wasn't any answer to your topic, it hasn't been archived.

@CaptainTwerkMotor:

Yes, at the end of the video, it's the new Core Unit Design.

As the 3D Model is nearly finished, with a bit of luck, you will see it in-game in the next DevDiary ;)

@Lights:

No food system planned at the moment, sorry :(

We wanted to implement tons of cool features for the Official Release, but we had to make tough choices.

@Ripper:

Yes, the switch next to the door was a place holder, not a final version.

Thanks for answering the questions.

With automatic orbit I just meant that you don't need an orbital trajectory as is ksp (right direction, apoapse/periapse, orbital speed). So as I understand it you just could fly up perpendicular to the surface and as you reach the orbit, your ship starts orbiting, right?

Thanks for answering the questions.

With automatic orbit I just meant that you don't need an orbital trajectory as is ksp (right direction, apoapse/periapse, orbital speed). So as I understand it you just could fly up perpendicular to the surface and as you reach the orbit, your ship starts orbiting, right?

This was the first question that came to my mind as well. If you were to fly up in a straight line away from the planet, you reach escape velocity and shut down your engines, wouldn't you just drift straight away from the planet or would you still enter an orbit?

I like the direction the artwork for the elements has taken.  It has a good balance between suggesting new, unfamiliar technology and seeming designed to be functional.