Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fendalton

Gigantic ships taking up landing pads at markets

Recommended Posts

Visiting some markets, people are creating gigantic voxel squares just to take up space, filled with L containers. These ships obviously do not fly and are purely for holding stock. 

 

Is this intended? Soon there won't be any space to land at all because everyone's finished their gigantic buildings. 

 

It's the same as the gigantic glass stations around planets that you can slam into at 10,000km/h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fendalton said:

Visiting some markets, people are creating gigantic voxel squares just to take up space, filled with L containers. These ships obviously do not fly and are purely for holding stock. 

 

Is this intended? Soon there won't be any space to land at all because everyone's finished their gigantic buildings. 

 

It's the same as the gigantic glass stations around planets that you can slam into at 10,000km/h

This giant cubes will soon be a thing of the past, there no need to park it at the market pads when you can leave it underneath or near.

 

About the Space stations, well I don’t know what to say short of saying that people can’t build what they want where they want it, you died once to them fine, simply change your approach to x planet, problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Iorail said:

This giant cubes will soon be a thing of the past, there no need to park it at the market pads when you can leave it underneath or near.

 

About the Space stations, well I don’t know what to say short of saying that people can’t build what they want where they want it, you died once to them fine, simply change your approach to x planet, problem solved.

where are glass trapstations ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fendalton said:

It's the same as the gigantic glass stations around planets that you can slam into at 10,000km/h

If only this game had radars...

 

8 hours ago, Fendalton said:

Is this intended? Soon there won't be any space to land at all because everyone's finished their gigantic buildings. 

I agree and disagree. 

I agree that it causes performance issues and that NQ should simply create a virtual garage system where any ship gets unloaded into after x hours idle. 

 

I disagree that parking space is or will be a issue.

Just park on top of their crap.

If you do not intent to stay there for hours(being part of the problem) then no one will even notice that you parked on their stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

If only this game had radars...

If only this game had space radars that worked in safe zones.

 

6 hours ago, BaconofWar said:

Sounds like people are building constructs in order to "exploit" aka work around not getting territory near a marketplace. OR not having lockers... 

Like all the ORGs using "mobile billboards" to recruit on the District parking pads, and outlets for shipwrights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 8:06 AM, Iorail said:

This giant cubes will soon be a thing of the past, there no need to park it at the market pads when you can leave it underneath or near.

 

About the Space stations, well I don’t know what to say short of saying that people can’t build what they want where they want it, you died once to them fine, simply change your approach to x planet, problem solved.

I am looking forward to the Cube ships just going away as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just add a BIG RED SECTION down the centre of each market, if you land in that section you get a warning - SHORT STAY PARKING if your vehicle is left here for more than 4 hours it will be DELETED with all its contents, this leave the edges for longer term parking / marketing but the main section of the landing for proper short term parking.

 

If some of these scruffy muppets lose some ship then there you go.

 

Did you really hit a space station at 10km?  Was your radar broken or were you afk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Just add a BIG RED SECTION down the centre of each market, if you land in that section you get a warning - SHORT STAY PARKING if your vehicle is left here for more than 4 hours it will be DELETED with all its contents, this leave the edges for longer term parking / marketing but the main section of the landing for proper short term parking.

 

Of some of these scruffy muppets lose some ship then there you go.

 

Did you really hit a space station at 10km?  Was your radar broken or were you afk?

Well.. Thats a bit thought too simple i guess...

 

Whats up when you get an error ingame and cant reconnect because of any crash bug? The your ship and your stuff is gone.... Caused by bugs...

The idea with auto removal is very nice... But shrink the time down to 15 Minutes and like said before... send it in a virtual garage...

 

Star Citizen made it a bit like that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Luukullus said:

Well.. Thats a bit thought too simple i guess...

 

Whats up when you get an error ingame and cant reconnect because of any crash bug? The your ship and your stuff is gone.... Caused by bugs...

The idea with auto removal is very nice... But shrink the time down to 15 Minutes and like said before... send it in a virtual garage...

 

Star Citizen made it a bit like that too.

if you are not sure if you are in and out, you park on the edge simples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Just add a BIG RED SECTION down the centre of each market, if you land in that section you get a warning - SHORT STAY PARKING if your vehicle is left here for more than 4 hours it will be DELETED with all its contents, this leave the edges for longer term parking / marketing but the main section of the landing for proper short term parking.

 

Of some of these scruffy muppets lose some ship then there you go.

 

Did you really hit a space station at 10km?  Was your radar broken or were you afk?

Hold on didn't you just finish saying that PvP is an integral part of this game? now here you are suggesting PvE fixes to players fighting players over parking spots. 
So which is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FryingDoom said:

Hold on didn't you just finish saying that PvP is an integral part of this game? now here you are suggesting PvE fixes to players fighting players over parking spots. 
So which is it?

Ok then, in 24 hours your ship become open to salvage, then I can send the boys round and clean up the place, no biggy either way.  For the record, I would HAPPILY accept NQ removing the NPC markets once player markets are up, then we can run our own parking polices.

 

Also really not sure what pvp has to do with this, or why my pvp opinions have any relevance to this topic?  Is this some personal points scoring thing or are you interested in discussing my solution to the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised nobody has set up a TU next to an alioth market with a big building and some RDMS writing to start charging rent for a storage box, weekl/monthly.  Might make a few Quanta that way.

Forget to pay rent and you can just take away their rights to their box until they pay.

 

 

Hmmm.....🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ejecting/teleporting the ship outside of the market area after some time might be better than deleting. Temporary storing ship in a virtual garage could work, but NQ would have to make some physical thing where you go to manifest your ship again. Magic blueprint wouldn't make sense because then people would just use the districts to create magic blueprints so they can transport things without mass/volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haunty said:

Ejecting/teleporting the ship outside of the market area after some time might be better than deleting. Temporary storing ship in a virtual garage could work, but NQ would have to make some physical thing where you go to manifest your ship again. Magic blueprint wouldn't make sense because then people would just use the districts to create magic blueprints so they can transport things without mass/volume.

This is why I want deleting it is EASY to do, I dont want them spend time doing loads of coding to purely solve some people laziness.  24 hours or it is gone, otherwise park it on the edge.  It is a market not a campsite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Haunty said:

Ejecting/teleporting the ship outside of the market area after some time might be better than deleting. Temporary storing ship in a virtual garage could work, but NQ would have to make some physical thing where you go to manifest your ship again. Magic blueprint wouldn't make sense because then people would just use the districts to create magic blueprints so they can transport things without mass/volume.

they arlready have "overflow parking" they just need some system to automate it for them

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 12:00 PM, Haunty said:

Magic blueprint wouldn't make sense because then people would just use the districts to create magic blueprints so they can transport things without mass/volume.

Make the magic blueprint only usable within 500m ish of where it was created. Solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...