So many organisations....

Does anyone else think it we should somehow limit the amount of orgs being created? I don't know how but the amount of orgs is crazy.

The amount of stupidity this forum provides never ceases to amaze me.

Don't stop though, I need something to read while I drink my coffee and fuck off at work. 

"

Dang, Cybrex. 

Does anyone else think it we should somehow limit the amount of orgs being created? I don't know how but the amount of orgs is crazy.

You know, Sakej...This was discussed in detail here

Dead horses don't move. 

Cheers.

"

Why do you even care? How does this effect your life? Stop letting insignificant things bother you.

Yay! You're finally back!

But you do know that some people love to have complete-order and everything has to have a purpose.

Also, it is something to talk about due to, understandable, the Developers not rolling/showing anything new for a bit. Nothing to speculate currently.

sigh le sigh.

So I'll take this seriously. I'm trying not to cringe. Here we go.

If you want to suggest a way to eliminate spam organizations, you are too late to the table. Spam organizations are currently here for a primary reason of the game not being released yet. Due to the fact that this is a subscription based game, spam accounts are not likely to be filling organizations by the hundreds. This would cause a very big problem for the person financially.

So there is no real problem when it comes to later game. Even if free accounts could join organizations, I'm sure someone will develop a tool to detect if there are too many free accounts in an organization. It is not a problem that I can see causing mass panic.

If you are referring to the game as it is now, then you must realize that "paying" for org creation is a terrible idea. This would limit the creative freedom on the community and while it would do some good, it will mostly hurt. Again, you must realize this before suggesting "make it a paywall!" to the entire community. 

Now, onto another subject....

I would just like to point out some irony here.

The other day, this was released https://github.com/malignantz/DualScraper/

I downloaded the data.json file and got to work on making a small little script to read through what I suspect to be alts of organizations. It's a lovely python script and here's how it detects "suspected alts".

I look through the members of an organization, compare it to the member list, and read the following:

Does the user have a pledge?

Does the user join after the day their account is created?

And if none of those are true, they are marked as a "suspected alt" that I can then output as a number. Now this data is about 11 days old(at the time of writing) and so the data is a bit out of touch with the current events. However, I determined that the number of suspected alts was 66. Now, at that time, The Void Republic member count was 74. Take what you want from that, but it's not appropriate for this to be the case.

Now, I have given these scripts to a select number of people(such as Cybrex) so that they may do their own investigations.

My point is that I'm not really putting up with these types of posts anymore. The solution will eventually fix itself so we must wait for that time.

No I do not think there's to many.

When the game comes out the bad ones will be flushed out.

I was thinking of a cheap price for organizations. Current organizations could renew the organization by paying a small price to eliminate useless and "spam" organizations.

THAT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!

Edit: Also we have gone over this before. Remember when that guy made a bunch of alts.

Just out of faith that this isn't some odd troll,

no, there isn't 'too many' organizations.

Yes, there are a lot of one and two man orgs, but a lot of other games have the same thing where people will go make a guild or group with one or two friends, plus, the current sytem is actually generally more for reserving your organization names and getting your groups together and ready. If those many low member orgnizations come back around, they'll more than likely fold in with the masses, but always expect a lot of organizations, really.

I don't think limiting it any way at this stage is beneficial (except particular cases), in-game is different.

Just out of faith that this isn't some odd troll,

no, there isn't 'too many' organizations.

Yes, there are a lot of one and two man orgs, but a lot of other games have the same thing where people will go make a guild or group with one or two friends, plus, the current sytem is actually generally more for reserving your organization names and getting your groups together and ready. If those many low member orgnizations come back around, they'll more than likely fold in with the masses, but always expect a lot of organizations, really.

I don't think limiting it any way at this stage is beneficial (except particular cases), in-game is different.

For in-game orgs there won't be a hard limit either because it's self-limiting. No need in any way for some random mechanic.

Lol, yes I didn't want to make any of the orgs but mm had already that made them..