Introducing the DU Search Engine

I am very proud to introduce the latest product from Evil, Inc!

We have been working to develop tools that benefit the community, and the first such tool is a new data tracking website for Dual Universe at www.du-stats.com

This site will function very much like zkillboard.com does for EVE Online. Right now it is very basic and only shows a map of the community. This will expand as time goes on with new features coming online over time. Most of the back end tools have already been built and feature development is now more a matter of web design than anything else! Upcoming features include forum statistics, friends list tracking, in depth user profiles, change over time displays, alt detection and organization auditing! 

Now for some FAQ:

What can I use this for? This is a good tool for checking on people who are in your organization, or want to be. It's also a good tool to see which orgs share a lot of members or figure out who that person you are talking to is.

Is the data real time? No. The data is not real time and represents the last time when the website refreshed its data.

How often does the data update? Depends. It generally is updated once every two days, but sometimes can be a bit faster or slower.

Why isn't it real time? There is no need for real time data at this stage. Updating that frequently takes a lot of server resources. The update time will be reduced once there is a need for faster data. When the game comes out, the goal is for a 15 minute update time.

Will there be new features? Yes. This is very much an in-development project. Also, I'm not great at web design, so it will be simplistic for a while.

How long have you been working on it? About 4 months.

What do I do if I found a bug or security flaw? Please either report it here or pm me. 

I want my org to be excluded from this, can you remove it? Nope. If it exists on the official site, it exists here. If you don't want people to see it, don't create it.

I searched for my name and didn't find anything. Why? The map that is currently there only shows people who are in an organization. If you are not in an org, your name will not appear. Future features will show accounts even if they are not in any orgs.

Does it work on mobile devices? Maybe. It isn't currently designed for that, but hopefully will be in the future.

I am very proud to introduce the latest product from Evil, Inc!

We have been working to develop tools that benefit the community, and the first such tool is a new data tracking website for Dual Universe at www.du-stats.com

This site will function very much like zkillboard.com does for EVE Online. Right now it is very basic and only shows a map of the community. This will expand as time goes on with new features coming online over time. Most of the back end tools have already been built and feature development is now more a matter of web design than anything else! Upcoming features include forum statistics, friends list tracking, in depth user profiles, change over time displays, alt detection and organization auditing! 

Now for some FAQ:

What can I use this for? This is a good tool for checking on people who are in your organization, or want to be. It's also a good tool to see which orgs share a lot of members or figure out who that person you are talking to is.

Is the data real time? No. The data is not real time and represents the last time when the website refreshed its data.

How often does the data update? Depends. It generally is updated once every two days, but sometimes can be a bit faster or slower.

Why isn't it real time? There is no need for real time data at this stage. Updating that frequently takes a lot of server resources. The update time will be reduced once there is a need for faster data. When the game comes out, the goal is for a 15 minute update time.

Will there be new features? Yes. This is very much an in-development project. Also, I'm not great at web design, so it will be simplistic for a while.

How long have you been working on it? About 4 months.

What do I do if I found a bug or security flaw? Please either report it here or pm me. 

I know how long this has taken and I hope everyone likes it. Will be an amazing tool and once the game/alpha/beta launches and before there will be more great additions and utilities added

That is really impressive Void.

Hats of to you.

Bookmarked!

Edit: hmm it doesnt work on mobile? I'm not able to type in a name in the search field. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it one of the functions that isnt live yet?

Edit2: NVM got it to work, press and hold did the trick. Used to tap and type. :) good stuff.

Wow, this is great, thanks man! Watching how this evolves over time is going to be so interesting.

"How this evolves" gave me the idea if is it difficult to implement some kind of "history" to see the progress of the orgs and if user leave/join orgs in a time lapse? This would be super useful. How do you fetch the data?  :)

"How this evolves" gave me the idea if is it difficult to implement some kind of "history" to see the progress of the orgs and if user leave/join orgs in a time lapse? This would be super useful. How do you fetch the data?  :)

This is actually one of the next feature to be implemented. By looking at the dates users joined a timelapse can be created to show how the community evolves over time. Showing the users who left is trickier, but not impossible. I have a number of data sets that I've gathered over the months that I've been developing this which can be integrated into the timelapse to show users who leave, and of course going forward we will have an almost perfect record of joins and leaves. The resulte is that there will be sort of three eras: "prehistory" before December of 2016 when records where not kept and org size can only be determined from talking to people and the records that still exist, "early history" during the time since then to now where there is the test data sets, and "recorded history" from here on where all orgs are tracked all the time.

As to the data collection, I wrote a custom library that pulls the data off of the servers which I can then use to write programs and websites. 

Whats up with CaptainTwerkmotor?

He is one of a few "super connectors" or people who are connected to a lot of organizations. There are several of them. There is even one person who is connected to 52 organizations, last time I looked at him.

He is one of a few "super connectors" or people who are connected to a lot of organizations. There are several of them. There is even one person who is connected to 52 organizations, last time I looked at him.

But those orgs have nobody else connected to them.

Ok that confirms it doesnt work on mobile.

Twerk gives me no search results.

:)

Might be a setup for organisation purposes, like sub-departments. For example, the TU has recently opened an org for their armed forces. They could`ve done that for every ministry, sub-group etc. It might be cluttering, but it can be a legit system if your plans are huge.

Because there is no one else in them. So Twerk's case, he is connecting a number of orgs that he created.

Might be a setup for organisation purposes, like sub-departments. For example, the TU has recently opened an org for their armed forces. They could`ve done that for every ministry, sub-group etc. It might be cluttering, but it can be a legit system if your plans are huge.

Exactly. Some groups are setup with multiple orgs for different purposes. If you look at the Void Republic, for example, you can see that the Void Republic, Dual Secure and AEF are all close together and share a lot of the same members since they are sort of three parts of the same whole. 

Because there is no one else in them. So Twerk's case, he is connecting a number of orgs that he created.

Exactly. Some groups are setup with multiple orgs for different purposes. If you look at the Void Republic, for example, you can see that the Void Republic, Dual Secure and AEF are all close together and share a lot of the same members since they are sort of three parts of the same whole. 

Ah. Well good job.

This is extremely well done, Void. I can't wait to see how this all pans out for you and the website as it will be an extremely valuable tool after some time. Within being able to see where ties lie and otherwise!

I really do hope that NQ adds some form of 'alliance' level dictation to organizations to allow even further depth, but as it stands, great job mate and keep it up!

Any chance of getting a system to access this data in programs? I use C# and would love to be able to use data from some of these tools as they appear to create applications to make life easier for organization leaders and just normal players. Right now I'm working on a program that will scan an organization's players to make sure they aren't in a organization that is blacklisted. I also have other organizational administration tools planned for the future and a lot of what i have planned would be made a lot easier if this data was easily accessible. Most of my tools are planned for Windows desktop and in the future some tools may be web based on my organization website.

This is really awesome, i knew something like this would come in time, but now already? That's some true dedication. Thanks for sharing your work Void!

Any chance of getting a system to access this data in programs? I use C# and would love to be able to use data from some of these tools as they appear to create applications to make life easier for organization leaders and just normal players. Right now I'm working on a program that will scan an organization's players to make sure they aren't in a organization that is blacklisted. I also have other organizational administration tools planned for the future and a lot of what i have planned would be made a lot easier if this data was easily accessible. Most of my tools are planned for Windows desktop and in the future some tools may be web based on my organization website.

I'm not planning on releasing my code yet (but may in the future), however I can set it up so people can pull the raw data from my site if there is interest. That would actually be much faster than everyone trying to pull it from NQ's servers. I'll get started on that so people can have access