E3 ships not made in engine? (debunked)

Simokon

If you have a doubt, ask the involved persons before accusing them.

Alright, hijacking this advice for my own doubts - which are actually not regarding scam but regarding technical capacities. 

In the interview with mmorpg.com you guys describe how the single shard will split the server spatially based on the number of players (and I am guessing the size and level of details of structs?). I would like to know how this would effect syncing between those servers, when in dense player populations even the most basic interactions can end up running on more then one server. If I fall in the middle of a shopping mall where each floor has enough players to count for its own servers, would I end up freezing every few meters? Can a ship in a large battle shoot a missile at someone in another server? What about path-finding for NPCs? How far are you in developing the server architecture to support this? have you managed to stress-test the system?

I'll buy a hat especially so I take off my hat if you pull this off, but this is currently my biggest source of doubt about the game. I do want to believe in good faith, but I have just never heard of anyone doing this successfully.  

(I would also like to know on whether the mechanical joints shown in Dual's facebook concept art art still planned for the game, but at that point I might be getting greedy with questions)

I was trying to embed the video NQ-Nyzalter posted in the OP but I don't think I can or I am retarded :)

Simply paste the YouTube link in and it will automatically embed the video. For that video you may have to go to YouTube first, then copy the link.

Come on, NQ-Nyzaltar pretty much instructed us to ask the involved persons (The dev's) before accusing them. Why isn't everyone else jumping on this? It's like an open call to Q&A. Think of all of the things you have wanted ask but never stopped to put on a tin foil hat and make a troll youtube channel.

Come on, NQ-Nyzaltar pretty much instructed us to ask the involved persons (The dev's) before accusing them. Why isn't everyone else jumping on this? It's like an open call to Q&A. Think of all of the things you have wanted ask but never stopped to put on a tin foil hat and make a troll youtube channel.

I feel like a open Q&A would be dangerous for me... I still have a plethora of questions I could ask that haven't been seen on the forums yet :)..

Sadly no Internet and just using phoned limits a person's posting abilities, so till then I'm useless :(

....... or am I ? *Evil Laugh*

Nora,

Hi everyone,

A quick update that should close this controversy once and for all. It seems it's our turn to be wrong this time:

We thought BlueDrake42 was not caring about what is right or wrong and was just interested in getting visibility by any means.

He made a video to admit he made wrong assumptions so it may have been just desillusion on his side generated by deceiving advertisements he saw on other games.

From there, we hope that we could restart a constructive discussion on a healthier basis with him soon.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar

Don't try to talk yourself out of it, you just wanted to troll, assault the forum and spam the video. Warning about a possible scam? nonsense. Your attitude was bad and you made it pretty clear that you aren't a person that is able to handle logical arguments because your only "counterargument" was repeating the one thing that was already refuted.

That has nothing to do with critizism, the people in the forum gave you reasonable arguments why you were wrong while you just kept saying we would be blind fanboys etc. Its pretty clear what kind of smallminded person you are. Here just some examples that expose the hypocrisy in your post:

thats no critizism, no warning, thats flat out defaming the devs

Without anyone saying something bad about your person you started to insult someone who said you might jsut doing it to increase the views of the youtube video.

more diffamation

right...

You can be happy that you weren't banned, because its pretty obvious that you're someone who was looking for trouble and chickened out in the end. And yes, i'm making the effort to list all this, because you obviously like to lie and mislead people and i don't want that new members read the lies in your last post and take them as the truth.

It would be appropriate to close this topic, everything important was said ;)

This.

We are always open to Q&A.

It would be a good moment to start a new thread to compile all the most pressing questions with all the new members who arrived in the last week. Prepare your list, and we will discuss soon about it. However, keep in mind we can't promise to give you a precise answer for all questions as, as always, we are just in pre-alpha and many things are far from being finalized ;)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

It would be a good moment to start a new thread to compile all the most pressing questions with all the new members who arrived in the last week. Prepare your list, and we will discuss soon about it. However, keep in mind we can't promise to give you a precise answer for all questions as, as always, we are just in pre-alpha and many things are far from being finalized ;)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

IF YOU SAY SO :D

How likely is it that you will include the classic Sci-fi trope of biological ships and buildings? :D (like for example: The Leviathan from Starcraft 2, The Wraith ships from Stargate atlantis or The hive fleets from Warhammer 40k)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

I am sure some of the dev team read along in the forum, since it is not too hard too track currently. I guess the hundreds of users here now will grow to many thousands by the end of the year and by then it could be hard to read all we 'mess around' in here.

So I suggest, you just pick the questions you are able to answer, perhaps even in a new dev blog so everybody can see, even if he is new to the site. :)

Well, it's a noble goal to warn fellow gamers of a possible scam.

But be sure to check the honesty of your source before following him blindly in his diffamation and misinformation speech.

There are some points that don't add up in the scam theory:

If we tried to scam and deceived people, would we opt for a monetization model where we plan to make a free trial before starting a monthly sub? Obviously, it would be suicidal to give access to the game, even temporarily for free if we wanted to scam people. 

On the other hand:

- Bluedrake42 seems to present only information that could back his side of the story.

- He hasn't even tried to contact us to check his assumptions.

- When we asked some explanations on his Youtube channel, he didn't validate our comment on purpose (he has validated other comments, more recent, since then) for some reason known only from himself. Transparency seems to bother him.

- The tweet pinned on his twitter account is self explanatory:

CfqNTroXIAAPVmL.jpg

In short, he's proud to say that he doesn't care if he's right or wrong, if he's loved or hated. All he cares is visibility.

In the end, the bad guys are not always those who appear to be in the first place.

Not all indie developers are scammers, not all youtubers have good intentions.

Do not follow blindly what others say.

If you have a doubt, ask the involved persons before accusing them.

Indie developers generally answer to the questions.

In other words, make an opinion by yourself, do not just follow an opinion made by someone who has visibility.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Watch this and maybe learn a couple of things. 

. Also that picture is a joke for his community whcih he has build up. Also  saying "When we asked some explanations on his Youtube channel, he didn't validate our comment on purpose (he has validated other comments, more recent, since then) for some reason known only from himself. Transparency seems to bother him."  is diffamation in this case. So why should we trust a hypocritical community manager. Also if you want just skip to about 34 mins in and watch from there.  

Watch this and maybe learn a couple of things. Also that picture is a joke for his community whcih he has build up. Also  saying "When we asked some explanations on his Youtube channel, he didn't validate our comment on purpose (he has validated other comments, more recent, since then) for some reason known only from himself. Transparency seems to bother him."  is diffamation in this case. So why should we trust a hypocritical community manager. Also if you want just skip to about 34 mins in and watch from there.  

If he didnt validate their comments then thats a fact combined with the effort to explain why. I really wonder why you fanboys keep spamming this forum with somethign that no intelligent person would ever believe, are you so desperate to get more views for the channel? Pitiful, truely pitiful. Is his fanbase made of 12 year old kids who just can't accept it when he's wrong?

If he didnt validate their comments then thats a fact combined with the effort to explain why. I really wonder why you fanboys keep spamming this forum with somethign that no intelligent person would ever believe, are you so desperate to get more views for the channel? Pitiful, truely pitiful. Is his fanbase made of 12 year old kids who just can't accept it when he's wrong?

I did go and watch that video and he did make some good points and whatnot. I won't get into it because I don't want to sound like some fanboy (because I'm not one). But it was actually pretty good what he talked about.

I did go and watch that video and he did make some good points and whatnot. I won't get into it because I don't want to sound like some fanboy (because I'm not one). But it was actually pretty good what he talked about.

I've been following the dilemma since it began. I'm not taking any sides in this one but here are my thoughts:

Dual Side:

~ Yes, more info could be better so problems like these don't hurt the game

~ Understanding the issue could've been better.

~ Posting the info in regards to the turbosquid models from day one could've avoided this situation.

Blue Side:

~ He needs to understand that Space Engineers has been here longer than Dual

~ He needs to understand that Dual Universe is only in pre-alpha and in development

~ He needs to look for more information in regards to some of the points he's making (There have been several interviews since the E3 announcement that explain info)

In my opinion, it is not fair to compare Dual Universe with Space Engineers, SE has been here longer, therefore it is easier for dev-community communications that are based on a model that players can use and test. Dual Universe other hand is not there yet. Bluedrake could've easily taken 5-10mins to look for interviews to read and find the answers he was looking for, but decided not to (this is the feel I get from his videos.) Also, why make a video(s) about a game you don't really care for? Bashing and making fun of Nyz for his ttpo is rather cumbersome, does Bluedrake not know that NQ is based in Paris? Or has he never heard of a typo?

NQ could've also handled the situation better, instead of making or rather stating why bluedrake was wrong and making it public in the forums, is... well... not good. NQ could've also posted the info in regards to the turbosquid models used in the video.

(as of my understanding, NQ had to use turbosquid models because there was not enough time given to make proper models due to a last minute invite to the PC Gamer show:

The explanation is simple: We released our first in-game screenshots on May 24th this year. We caught unexpected attention and a few days later we were taken a bit by surprise when we were invited to E3 PC Gaming Show. We didn't have any video ready, we didn't have any big design ships designed and we just had 10 days to make it happen. So yes, we took some inspiration from already existing models. The point is: This E3 trailer was meant to show what players could build in the game, not what they will find in the game. Those ships are just placeholders, examples, not content. You won't find them in the game at official release (unless some players want to build them). If we had more time, sure, we would have come with home made designs.

~I know some of you'll want proof of that line so here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/dualthegame/comments/4p3w7g/about_the_ships_in_the_trailer/d4ifd1n

this right there... could've resolved all issues from day one...

Overall, both sides handled the situation wrong... but this can be used an example on how not to handle future (if they happen) situations like these. Let's hope we can get all this drama out of the way and continue to support the game of our dreams.

Cheers,

Comrademoco

Watch this and maybe learn a couple of things. Also that picture is a joke for his community whcih he has build up. Also  saying "When we asked some explanations on his Youtube channel, he didn't validate our comment on purpose (he has validated other comments, more recent, since then) for some reason known only from himself. Transparency seems to bother him."  is diffamation in this case. So why should we trust a hypocritical community manager. Also if you want just skip to about 34 mins in and watch from there.  

Well... It will be always our word against his.

But here is our side of the story.

Just the facts:

- We posted two comments on his second video asking why he was deliberately spreading disinformation and diffamation about our game.

- In both comments was a link to our video proving the big spaceships were voxel-made.

- They weren't validated to become public, despite the fact that comments posted after by other posters were.

We don't exactly know how BlueDrake42's channel is configured, but if comments require validation to become public, that means he sees every comment before chosing to validate one (or not). It seems to us really unlikely that, in this situation, he hasn't seen the comments who were pretty straightforward and posted with the name "Dual Universe". Maybe there is another explanation but from our side, we don't see any.

In the end, with his video "GG Dual Universe", BlueDrake42 showed he didn't mean to misinform (despite the fact that the result was exactly that). We personally recognize we were wrong in thinking he had ill intentions toward our game. Sketpicism in his first video was totally ok and we perfectly understood that (as not much about our game has been presented yet). Presenting personal assumptions as the truth (saying our ships were just meshes bought from turbosquid put in our game and not voxel-made spaceships) in the second video was where a line was crossed.

There will be soon a blog post explaining our unexpected presence at E3 (that wasn't even expected on our side a month ago) and how it came to make some choices that seem weird from the outside. We also totally agree that there have been several mistakes in our communication like the fact we should have pointed out that the big spaceships design weren't home made but available on Turbosquid. There was no intention to hide it. We truly didn't see it as a problem a few weeks ago, as the teaser was meant to present what players would be able to build, not to present what the players will find in game.

So there is no hypocrisy here.

To avoid feeding the troll any further, this topic will be locked now.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.