E3 ships not made in engine? (debunked)

Simokon

I hope that this doesn't get blown out of proportion. I would like to get some clarification from the devs on this though. Would make me feel a bit better.

EDIT: Woops, devs literally just made a post.

Hi everyone,

So it seems that BlueDrake42 has a vendetta against our game for no apparent reason (if there is one, we will be interested to know it).

As we can't remain silent against such diffamatory talk, here is our answer:

In this video, you can see that our battlecruisers are made with voxels, and arent' meshes as supposed in BlueDrake42 last video on Dual Universe.

@Pittouniata:

Your signature and your posts will be edited as they are definitely inappropriate and diffamatory.

If you persist in this behaviour, you'll be banned. This is the first and last warning.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Well I am sold again, thanks for clearing that up!

As has already been intimated by some, there is software out there that will take a mesh, convert it to voxels and then import it into a voxel engine to have it rendered in game.  Where that is probably not a capability that will be allowed to players in the game (due to the developers wanting to maintain look and feel, or prevent any IP problems) that does not preclude the developers from using the tool to use the software to have a mesh rendered in world where they can then apply their existing textures.  The voxels would still be rendered in game using the game engine, the original mapping would have been from a mesh that provided the framework for the object to be rendered in game.

Not that I know that is the case, it appears to me to be a likely scenario given that they were not planning on having a vid @ E3, but they had to come up with one on a short time frame.  Take a mesh, throw it into the converter, import it into the game's voxel rendering engine, paint it with textures, create video.  The only difference is that software did the heavy lifting converting an existing mesh into a voxel map that the game could then render instead of having someone individually place the voxels.  Given the situation, I'm good with that--technically, it is rendered in game, just not manually.  

From what I see in the video, and what I have seen so far concerning the voxel engine, I could build that capital ship--it would take time--but I could build it.  Heck, I could build the thing in Landmark and that engine has much fewer capabilities that what has been expressed for DU.

Devs Bluedrake has no hate just doubt about youre game

Hi everyone,

So it seems that BlueDrake42 has a vendetta against our game for no apparent reason (if there is one, we will be interested to know it).

As we can't remain silent against such diffamatory talk, here is our answer:

In this video, you can see that our battlecruisers are made with voxels, and arent' meshes as supposed in BlueDrake42 last video on Dual Universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qejn2CTOKYA

@Pittouniata:

Your signature and your posts will be edited as they are definitely inappropriate and diffamatory.

If you persist in this behaviour, you'll be banned. This is the first and last warning.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Well there you have it. They went to the trouble of giving us more game footage in order to satisfy you. Ironicly, you've done something good, but the next time you stir up controversy, you might want to do it in a bit better manner.

Thank you NQ Nyzaltar. We highly value the fact that you have settled this and gave us even more to look forward to. Thank you.

Devs just talk to bluedrake so things get cleared up

i don't think there is a need to talk to that person, as its pretty obvious that he's wrong. There are more than enough youtuber who will happily report about DU when its more advanced, one or two more or less odnt really matter.

i don't think there is a need to talk to that person, as its pretty obvious that he's wrong. There are more than enough youtuber who will happily report about DU when its more advanced, one or two more or less odnt really matter.

I just hope it lives up to expectation :D (and don't become like Everquest next)

They are mad, because people are using criticism against their favorite game ^^ 

Freedom of speach ^^

No... They are annoyed over accusations that have no base or realism. xD

They are mad, because people are using criticism against their favorite game ^^ 

Freedom of speach ^^

Criticism is perfectly fine, as long it is used in a constructive way, to improve a project.
Diffamation on the other hand is absolutely not tolerated for obvious reasons.
Could you clarify if you are here just to cause trouble in the community or to participate in a constructive way like other members?

Best regards,
Nyzaltar.

Criticism is perfectly fine, as long it is used in a constructive way, to improve a project.
Diffamation on the other hand is absolutely not tolerated for obvious reasons.
Could you clarify if you are here just to cause trouble in the community or to participate in a constructive way like other members?

Best regards,
Nyzaltar.

I came here to clear out the case on those weird space ships, you gave me the answer.

In the first place I just wanted to warn people about a possible scam, my first intentions were not bad.

BUT it seems like the community in the forum is not really open to criticism, they were just basically here to insult me instead of trying to solve the problem. So yeah my bad

I came here to clear out the case on those weird space ships, you gave me the answer.

In the first place I just wanted to warn people about a possible scam, my first intentions were not bad.

BUT it seems like the community in the forum is not really open to criticism, they were just basically here to insult me instead of trying to solve the problem. So yeah my bad

Don't try to talk yourself out of it, you just wanted to troll, assault the forum and spam the video. Warning about a possible scam? nonsense. Your attitude was bad and you made it pretty clear that you aren't a person that is able to handle logical arguments because your only "counterargument" was repeating the one thing that was already refuted.

That has nothing to do with critizism, the people in the forum gave you reasonable arguments why you were wrong while you just kept saying we would be blind fanboys etc. Its pretty clear what kind of smallminded person you are. Here just some examples that expose the hypocrisy in your post:

I AM actually trying to show you that your "lovely" devs are liars ! They are lying in the trailer and in the website ! 

thats no critizism, no warning, thats flat out defaming the devs

You're an idiot, that's.. I would like to speack to another person than a stupid fan boy who can't even see obvious lies about a game that will not be complete !

Without anyone saying something bad about your person you started to insult someone who said you might jsut doing it to increase the views of the youtube video.

They are just misleading customers to a complete different game.

They are lying about the building system.  And in the future, when they will release an early access, a lot of people are going to buy that game. It's actually illegal in Youtube, False advertisement .

more diffamation

I will laught on your ass when the TRUTH will be seen.

right...

You can be happy that you weren't banned, because its pretty obvious that you're someone who was looking for trouble and chickened out in the end. And yes, i'm making the effort to list all this, because you obviously like to lie and mislead people and i don't want that new members read the lies in your last post and take them as the truth.

It would be appropriate to close this topic, everything important was said ;)

My assumption is that they misread your concern as being combative and belligerent.  Unfortunately the tone of one's message does not translate well over typed messages.  Anyway, hopefully, things will go better in the future  :)

it wasn't my intent to come at you in a combative manner, if infact my actions were taken as such I will apologize. I have no desire from putting off a potential fellow ark traveler with perceived negativity of a growing community. I only tried to answer your questions the best I could with logic with what limited knowledge there is currently. your location says France so im wondering if there isn't some language issues between the native English speakers and yourself.

It's going to be ok everyone. No need to be mad at each other for any reason. Let's give nyzaltar and NQ some time to respond to the claim.

Maybe they did buy a ship. And maybe they did create it with the in game tools available. NQ has been quite open about things if they can they will tell us.

Even if they did import assets it won't detract from the game later on. They did not plan to go to E3 at all this year, they were invited last minute.

Let's just stay positive even if you remain sceptical.

It's going to be ok everyone. No need to be mad at each other for any reason. Let's give nyzaltar and NQ some time to respond to the claim.

Maybe they did buy a ship. And maybe they did create it with the in game tools available. NQ has been quite open about things if they can they will tell us.

Even if they did import assets it won't detract from the game later on. They did not plan to go to E3 at all this year, they were invited last minute.

Let's just stay positive even if you remain sceptical.

nyzaltar responded a few posts ago :rolleyes:

We had base and realism, that why the devs came here to clear things out :) 

Thank you DEVS for details about that ^^

Well, it's a noble goal to warn fellow gamers of a possible scam.

But be sure to check the honesty of your source before following him blindly in his diffamation and misinformation speech.

There are some points that don't add up in the scam theory:

If we tried to scam and deceived people, would we opt for a monetization model where we plan to make a free trial before starting a monthly sub? Obviously, it would be suicidal to give access to the game, even temporarily for free if we wanted to scam people. 

On the other hand:

- Bluedrake42 seems to present only information that could back his side of the story.

- He hasn't even tried to contact us to check his assumptions.

- When we asked some explanations on his Youtube channel, he didn't validate our comment on purpose (he has validated other comments, more recent, since then) for some reason known only from himself. Transparency seems to bother him.

- The tweet pinned on his twitter account is self explanatory:

CfqNTroXIAAPVmL.jpg

In short, he's proud to say that he doesn't care if he's right or wrong, if he's loved or hated. All he cares is visibility.

In the end, the bad guys are not always those who appear to be in the first place.

Not all indie developers are scammers, not all youtubers have good intentions.

Do not follow blindly what others say.

If you have a doubt, ask the involved persons before accusing them.

Indie developers generally answer to the questions.

In other words, make an opinion by yourself, do not just follow an opinion made by someone who has visibility.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.