Jump to content

QoL - Improving the little things


Koffye
 Share

Recommended Posts

(QoL - Quality of life)

 

Please change the way the information are displayed in the construct information.

It is in the current state messy and we have to search for a long period to find the correct element in the list.

 

My proposition:

- The element names should be rather put in alphabetical order

or

- Put the elements of the same category in their seperate drop-down menu

 

 

image.png.80151173278e15082f49383d904df2fd.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QoL - Improving the little things

 

Please change  the icon overlap problem with "set a destination" and "set as warp point".  The numbers are not easy to read and a warp stop at the estimated target is hardenedimage.png.dc987f6d55e3704dffcad7bb1515346c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QoL - Improving the little things

 

Missing QoL in PVP targeting mechanic

 

Give us the option to "engage target" (fire all weapon) with right-click option via the targetlist.

 

or

 

Give us shortcuts for "fire at target" or "reload weapon"

 

 

 

 

image.png.df8086c33d78b538d38306819681165e.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QoL - Improving the little things

 

Warp Drive - Wrong mass center of the element.

Mass center is not equals with the texture. Axis is off center 6 blocks

 



image.thumb.png.6f4893445b3c20066b49b2d66d5ae0ee.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Koffye said:

QoL - Improving the little things

 

Warp Drive - Wrong mass center of the element.

Mass center is not equals with the texture. Axis is off center 6 blocks

 



image.thumb.png.6f4893445b3c20066b49b2d66d5ae0ee.png

Ugh, they still haven't fixed this? It's been reported so many times by now.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you're using shift-drag to split a stack, have <CR>  (aka <RETURN> aka <ENTER>) apply the number that's entered into the quantity field of the dialog (if it's a valid value) rather than requiring a mouse-click on the "OK" button. Similarly with Rename Element dialogs. It's pretty much default Windows behaviour, why step away from it to make life harder? There are probably other dialogs where it'd be appropriate, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

The devs have been ignoring the forums for 7+ years...  Any good ideas you guys come up with have already been covered and ignored several times.   Have a nice day.

I don't think they are ignoring the forum.
But I agree with you that they could more often respond to certain posts that raise the level and bring constructive discussion.

I have done myself a big post with several QoL improvement, some of them have been implemented.

Not sure if that was due to the forum post or if they had already some tickets opens about them.

Thanks @Koffye for all those very precise points.

Edited by Leniver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve given up writing anything positive here or giving my opinions about how the game should proceed. No point. 
 

There’s so much missing stuff. So many placeholders.  And a lot of those things (like the off-centered COM of the warp drive) haven’t been addressed for literally years.  
 

By now, I just see this game as a building game, like Second Life back in the early 2000’s but without the fancy object scripting and creation language. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jinxed said:

 

There’s so much missing stuff. So many placeholders. 

 

 I feel that.

 

Guess i start this threat to collect most of the problems,.

 

 

 

5 hours ago, Leniver said:



Thanks @Koffye for all those very precise points.


Let's try to collect more 'work points' in this threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 3:05 AM, Koffye said:

(QoL - Quality of life)

 

Please change the way the information are displayed in the construct information.

It is in the current state messy and we have to search for a long period to find the correct element in the list.

 

My proposition:

- The element names should be rather put in alphabetical order

or

- Put the elements of the same category in their seperate drop-down menu

 

 

image.png.80151173278e15082f49383d904df2fd.png


Technically, if this really matters to you, write a script. You can pull all elements from the core, sort them by class, name, etc. The ID's are a B* to parse, but still a viable option to make a tool that does exactly what your asking for.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, space_man said:


Technically, if this really matters to you, write a script. You can pull all elements from the core, sort them by class, name, etc. The ID's are a B* to parse, but still a viable option to make a tool that does exactly what your asking for.
 

Good joke. 

 

 

1.)

A well designed and sorted interface is a basic need.  It is even a core requirement. There should be no reason to handcraft an solution with ingame elements and a LUA script.

 

2.)

Same goes for the ridiculous HUD which NQ provided us. It is missplaced, to big and takes to much of your screen. We are even not able to change the size of the HUD element. Let me place them where i want them. This have to come as basic fundament in this game and no LUA script should be required for that.

(Connect a warp drive, radar, weapons and half of your screen is conquered with the HUD. Put Arch Hud into your seat enjoy your new view. It will be messy).

 

 

(Don't support this lazy environment with "you can code a solution yourself". The answer is no to this. They have to bring the basic function first into their game.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...