Ship exploded for no "visibe" reason, suspect draw lag due to shipp spam at markets

5 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

It kind of seems like you guys just want to steal peoples stuff.

When there's no one left playing the game except people without jobs, how much money do you think NQ is going to bring in?

No, I just want people to take care of there stuff.  People abandon stuff for extended periods of time for one reason and it isnt dinner, it is because they can.  If you put a limit on it, they would stop doing it. 

Although NQ could just straight to player made market terminals and the whole thing becomes moot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've been begging NQ to remove constructs at markets. It laggs and makes the game unplayable when you are trying to load 300 ships and some of them are full blown building size. @NQ-Naerais a more

Tell you what's ironic....  I just restarted NMS in VR a few days ago... haven't played for over six months... but there's a new playmode called Expeditions that has quests, goals, aims and a set of o

NMS is one of the most fantastic stories of hype, crushed expectations, and pure redemption in gaming history.    They've worked it in the ~5 years since it launched.   NMS was bui

Posted Images

It kind of seems like you guys just want to steal peoples stuff.

When there's no one left playing the game except people without jobs, how much money do you think NQ is going to bring in?

TBH that's one reason I reacted so negatively against the idea of salvage. I work really long hours (okay i sometimes lurk here as i work) and there's really no time to log in during the week. 

I probably need a different job lol. 

The people who are suggesting constructs be auto-abandoned must really must hate this game.  Deleting a players stuff is a sure way to get them to quit.  The solution is to despawn them after x days and allow the player or respawn them for free, at least in safe zones.  Risking a smaller playerbase just so you can wag your finger at people is rather shortsighted.  

they quit because they cant be bothered to fly home? if thats all it takes I think were better off

if you want to compactify all constructs, they will jus redeploy them over and over and it solves nothing. Theres no in game admins so how do you expect the markets to clean up and change for the better? reality is you arent supposed to live at the market but people are lazy. If you park your car it gets towed if you leave it in places it shouldnt be in? isnt that common knowledge? Dont want to lose your ship? fly it back home? not a hard concept.

want to solve markets overnight? make it a universal hub that is all connected. Now no one needs to go to a specific market to deal with all the frame drops and newer players can play the game again. Does that go against the idea of the game? oh yeah but it would fix overnight all the issues if I dont have to travel to M6 to get my engines.

I would rather have the people who AFK for MONTHS at the market lose the constructs. your whole base shouldnt be at a market, it should be on a tile you own thats the whole point of the game

No, they will leave because their stuff was needlessly deleted.  By your comparison to a car getting towed I think you are forgetting one very important thing.  This is a video game, something people do for fun, and realism is added only where it adds fun/enjoyment. 

If people redeploy them then they aren't really abandoned making your point moot anyway.  

Just now, Taziar said:

No, they will leave because their stuff was needlessly deleted.  By your comparison to a car getting towed I think you are forgetting one very important thing.  This is a video game, something people do for fun, and realism is added only where it adds fun/enjoyment. 

If people redeploy them then they aren't really abandoned making your point moot anyway.  

I think you dont understand how horrible it is for newer players trying to load the tutorial area and they crash mid load due to all the market clutter. Whole point of the game is to find a tile and start a base. Car gets towed, pay a huuuuge fine to get it back or the police auction it off later. You lose something regardless for the lazy behavior. We dont need a million dispensers and add boards everywhere making it impossible for lower end computers from even loading the market. 

A few people seem laser focused on one possible solution that just happens to inadvertently benefit them.

There is no reason that you need to get your hands on other people's stuff, to solve this problem.

If you can't see that the market issue needs a solution that works faster then the amount of time it's reasonable to consider someone's construct as "abandoned" It's pretty clear your judgement is clouded by some weird desire to steal people's stuff.

Just now, Atmosph3rik said:

A few people seem laser focused on one possible solution that just happens to inadvertently benefit them.

There is no reason that you need to get your hands on other people's stuff, to solve this problem.

If you can't see that the market issue needs a solution that works faster then the amount of time it's reasonable to consider someone's construct as "abandoned" It's pretty clear your judgement is clouded by some weird desire to steal people's stuff.

I offered in the original post that the game just deletes the construct so thats false

I also think that with no in game admins, the players will be willing to salvage free ships so yes I think player salvage works better than auto delete button 

Either way I want AFK for MONTHS at a time constructs removed I dont care how you do it. 

3 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

Either way I want AFK for MONTHS at a time constructs removed I dont care how you do it. 

Months?  i thought we were talking about two days here.

I want constructs removed from the markets now.

I just don't think the only two options are we delete them, or give them to you lol

There is a reason why every other game uses instancing instead of a single universe, and it was never about server technology.  This parking issue is minor compared to what will happen if the game actually succeeds.  

let me extend an olive branch to the bleeding hearts out there upset at the idea of losing ships parked at the market.

-Does the market clutter affect the game? answer: yes
-Will compactifying it remove constructs and help? answer: no, they will redeploy and continue to block and clutter markets. Problem not solved

-Will making the planet share a universal market hub so all markets on that planet share the same pool of items help? answer: yes but thats not what NQ wants. Problem not solved

-Will Deleting/Abandoning unwanted constructs at markets help? answer: yes, markets are for buisness and trade, not free real estate for anyone who wants to park entire buildings there

2 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

let me extend an olive branch to the bleeding hearts out there upset at the idea of losing ships parked at the market.

-Will compactifying it remove constructs and help? answer: no, they will redeploy and continue to block and clutter markets. Problem not solved

-Will making the planet share a universal market hub so all markets on that planet share the same pool of items help? answer: yes but thats not what NQ wants. Problem not solved

-Will Deleting/Abandoning unwanted constructs at markets help? answer: yes, markets are for buisness and trade, not free real estate for anyone who wants to park entire buildings there

Compacting and re-spawning from a terminal would solve the clutter issue better than salvage. 

- Salvage takes time and there's no gaurantee people will completely salvage a craft. People have to identify salvage craft and do operations to destroy it. 
- Compacting could be done after a couple of minutes or hours after landing -- there's no loss, so no hassle. This makes it unfeasible to just respawn the construct for adverts and makes it much faster to clean things up. There's other controls they could add if people just try to spam a respawn, like throttling it so you only get 1 respawn per 15 minutes but that ships de-spawn after 10 minutes....

1 minute ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Compacting and re-spawning from a terminal would solve the clutter issue better than salvage. 

- Salvage takes time and there's no gaurantee people will completely salvage a craft. People have to identify salvage craft and do operations to destroy it. 
- Compacting could be done after a couple of minutes or hours after landing -- there's no loss, so no hassle. This makes it unfeasible to just respawn the construct for adverts and makes it much faster to clean things up. There's other controls they could add if people just try to spam a respawn, like throttling it so you only get 1 respawn per 15 minutes but that ships de-spawn after 10 minutes....

under those conditions, yes compacting would be better. I still think people will just replace the constructs compacted (LUA spam and market buildings) and I like the diminishing return on the deployment conditions too, that would work for sure. 1 redeploy per day tho, 15 minutes is too short 

1 minute ago, FuriousPuppy said:

You keep moving the goalposts and mixing arguments to cover different issues. 

Will compactifying help.  Yes, because it automatically removes all constructs not being actively redeployed, ie, left for long periods of time, which is the majority of them.

What about people who redeploy them?  Well, if they are willing to redeploy them it really isn't any different than moving them 5 feet to reset the deletion/free salvage countdown.  That is an entirely different problem.  People parking advertisements requires a totally different solution, unless they consider it emergent gameplay and encourage it.

5 minutes ago, SpacePirate said:

here is the culprit of what killed me when it did not render. FFS man how can anyone do this?

Come_On_man.jpg

your fault for not being able to render in an entire building of a ship... ZZZzzzzzz im being sarcasting btw, I hope your repair bill isnt too big

2 minutes ago, Taziar said:

You keep moving the goalposts and mixing arguments to cover different issues. 

Will compactifying help.  Yes, because it automatically removes all constructs not being actively redeployed, ie, left for long periods of time, which is the majority of them.

What about people who redeploy them?  Well, if they are willing to redeploy them it really isn't any different than moving them 5 feet to reset the deletion/free salvage countdown.  That is an entirely different problem.  People parking advertisements requires a totally different solution, unless they consider it emergent gameplay and encourage it.

not really changing my point, I want to punish people somehow for making giant useless constructs and cluttering the markets, I want a market I can fly to and not worry about my game crashing and then spend the next 2 hours logging in trying to play again. I want to deter the bad and lazy behavior of players constantly flooding me with adds and LUA grabs when all I do is pick up my shit and leave. Deleting constructs is a more solid result than compactify but I will take anything at this point if I can get more than 15 frames at a market

but what about the cities? big cities built by the players themselves? what will we do when such will appear? delete? park? fine? or they will not consist of voxels? only questions...

image.png

4 minutes ago, SeM said:

but what about the cities? big cities built by the players themselves? what will we do when such will appear? delete? park? fine? or they will not consist of voxels? only questions...

image.png

unwanted constructs on your tile can be moved off, even if you dont own it... 

Ship compactifying is a small hit on realism, but at least is a compromise for the parking dilemma. 
For ads, i think, such solution can be implemented: Ship packing will be done in n (n=1?) hours, and packed ship can only be unpacked back at this market. Of course owner can redeploy his construct every n hours, but it would require his constant involvement. They can also add option for the people who don't want their ship packed to toggle "tax based parking", which cost would depend on construct's volume (cross-section?). So you pay a tax or hire someone who will redeploy your ad every hour. 
For "such" griefing, well, I don't see ingame solution right now. The problem with the markets is that they are owned by NQ, and they would need to be involved in conflict resolution here, even if the consider it not true to "Non intervention policy." Some ideas that they can do:
- Fine everyone who cause collision with other player.
- Shoot everyone who do not follow standard landing protocols (Need atmo pvp)
- Ban (But who would do it, and also it is not ingame solution)

17 minutes ago, SeM said:

image.png

Their tile then NP. The problem is blocking Markets and distrists.

11 minutes ago, SpacePirate said:

Their tile then NP. The problem is blocking Markets and distrists.

that is quite literally this entire discussion, all we want is the unused constructs removed/deleted somehow and that would improve the game experience for everyone 

5 hours ago, SpacePirate said:

its due to draw lag, of ships and constructs

18 minutes ago, SpacePirate said:

The problem is blocking Markets and distrists.

so why?