Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Uhh, how about you lower the prices on everything in these new: "Supporter Packs". 

 

I'm poor, I can't afford to spend a hundred dollars on a game, just so I could play alpha with no pvp in it.

 

I honestly have to wait almost a year, because I plan to buy beta, because it costs soooooo much.

 

I understand the game needs to be funded, but some people can't afford to throw hundreds of dollars around just for a game.

 

7k, really? - _ - https://community.dualthegame.com/pledge

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really just about whether or not this game is the vision you've had for the ultimate game you will every play. Like for me, I hadn't ever found a game that 100% I enjoyed, especially one that was multiplayer. So when I discovered Dual Universe, I was so excited for the game that I knew I wanted (keyword is wanted) to do whatever I could to help this game become a reality. Like a lot of people I have a life outside of gaming and I have other monetary responsibilities to attend to. So I did my best and that happened to be The Gold founder level. I would have loved to support the game further but i simply couldn't afford it.
So my message to you would be -

If you like this game and you want to play it, then wait for it to be released. Like many other people are.

However if you like the game and you want to support its development, go for it, choose a tier you can afford that wont put you in financial debt. If you cant afford any of the tiers, then I doubt you would have a computer that can run the game as is (I do apologize if i over stepped with that.).

The higher tiers that cost, as you say "7k" well those are for people who can afford that level of support for this game, and who are willing to pay that much. The rewards are respectable for the amounts you donate. Because it would be quite silly if they were to promise 1 on 1 interviews with J.C if you bought the Bronze founder pack, Or even the Gold founder pack.

I personally don't look at the founder packs as a way to "fund the game", but more as, "if this is the game you have always wanted to play, we would love your support, donate here and we will give you rewards".
Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

then just wait until it's released. If you can't afford it - tough luck but you can't change that fact.

Get a job. Stop smoking. Stop drinking. Don't eat at MCD every week. Stop going out for 3 months and BOOM - you can buy into beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Neolithic said:

Uhh, how about you lower the prices on everything in these new: "Supporter Packs". 

 

I'm poor, I can't afford to spend a hundred dollars on a game, just so I could play alpha with no pvp in it.

 

I honestly have to wait almost a year, because I plan to buy beta, because it costs soooooo much.

 

I understand the game needs to be funded, but some people can't afford to throw hundreds of dollars around just for a game.

 

7k, really? - _ - https://community.dualthegame.com/pledge

 

 

For the supporter packs to be cheaper than the now complete founder packs would kind of be a big middle finger to us all.

 

I'm not sure what you expect. This isn't battlefield where you hop into the alpha/beta just to play a fun free game for a while. This is a game where you can be a part of it's development, and actually help the developers make and shape the game. NQ wants dedicated people in their alpha, not trolls who are going to play it so they can trash it on YouTube for hits from their drama hungry subscribers.

 

Everything is worth what people will pay. I bought silver and am satisfied. Yama bought kyrium, he is satisfied. We all pledged what we did because we can, because it's worth it to us, and because we want to be a part of the game as it grows. If you can afford it but don't want to pay that much... Well that is exactly the reason NQ set things the way they did, they want people that do think it's worth it. And if you literally cannot afford it, that is unfortunate, and I'm sorry. But as a great scientist will one day say, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATMLVE said:

 

For the supporter packs to be cheaper than the now complete founder packs would kind of be a big middle finger to us all.

 

I'm not sure what you expect. This isn't battlefield where you hop into the alpha/beta just to play a fun free game for a while. This is a game where you can be a part of it's development, and actually help the developers make and shape the game. NQ wants dedicated people in their alpha, not trolls who are going to play it so they can trash it on YouTube for hits from their drama hungry subscribers.

 

Everything is worth what people will pay. I bought silver and am satisfied. Yama bought kyrium, he is satisfied. We all pledged what we did because we can, because it's worth it to us, and because we want to be a part of the game as it grows. If you can afford it but don't want to pay that much... Well that is exactly the reason NQ set things the way they did, they want people that do think it's worth it. And if you literally cannot afford it, that is unfortunate, and I'm sorry. But as a great scientist will one day say, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 

This is 100% right ,

 

Its possible its expensive for some people BUT we don't want trolls .

If the price is lower , trolls will become a huge part of DU , i think NQ don't want this , but its possible there will be more affordable support packs who knows .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally started eating cheaper, trying to not buy more than I truly need, and I have been able to handle the price of the gold founder...

Again the effort I'm doing might seems like a lot for ppl that don't know how to restrict their daily life, but in fact, it's easy,

and I still think that the support I was able to provide, even if it's not much compared to the 10k backers, is worth it...

 

Do not try to support them if you can't find enough dedication to get a bit out of your wallet,

you might not be able to afford it due to your conditions, and if it is the case, i'm sorry for you...

You also have to keep in mind that you would have needed a decent computer, and if you can't afford a 120€ pledge for a dream,

then it would be even harder to handle a computer to run this game ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I started with no pledge and was originally going to wait for the game to come out as well. However I like to support groups that I feel are doing an excellent job so I saved up and bought the Ruby Founders Pack. NQ has put so much work into integrating the community into the development of this game that I have another team do to date. The founding packs only encourage this development and by incorporating alpha's and beta's they are rewarding your participation in a mutually beneficial way by allowing you to play the game and offer feed back as well as them being able to test many things that could not be tested otherwise. 

 

So, my point is that as others have pointed out, if all you want to have access to the Alpha and Beta is to be able to play I would wait until the full game release. Many features are not yet going to be in the game and there are bound to be many bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty lucky and came into some money during the crowdfunding stage but id always planned to go gold. Its like people have said before, you just need to make a few changes in your spending habits for a short while. Even the most basic of savings will be enough.

 

i don't see why no PVP in the pr-alpha is a problem either. the game seems to be more than just a PVP game, id go as far as to say its not the main focus of the game so not having PVP right away isn't that surprising too me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrKrieger said:

I was pretty lucky and came into some money during the crowdfunding stage but id always planned to go gold. Its like people have said before, you just need to make a few changes in your spending habits for a short while. Even the most basic of savings will be enough.

 

i don't see why no PVP in the pr-alpha is a problem either. the game seems to be more than just a PVP game, id go as far as to say its not the main focus of the game so not having PVP right away isn't that surprising too me

Exactly. Pre-alpha will serve more as a test of the underlying technology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually, its not a stretch for me to buy 1 full price AAA game a month, lets say its $59.99 USDs (idk what it is in euros sorry).

So I thought about what level of backing I wanted, and what I personally wanted to invest to help the game. I knew I wanted

as much possible play time as I could get, and I would have chosen Ruby for the lifetime, but I opted and decided for me it was more worth

investing the DACs digital Sapphire provided (especially if they grow in value). If 4 years of playtime isn't enough time to start having what I put together

to earn future DACs for me, I probably have bigger problems to worry about :/

Anyways, I simply chose to not buy any new games for like 4 months, and I realized Sapphire wasn't REALLY that much of a loss for me, especially if the game

wasn't coming out during that wait time anyway... Plus, its a game I've always wanted to see a reality, it's worth every dollar I put in to help make it a reality...
I've even considered buying some IRL friends Gold founders or just spare Gold accounts that I could give out to friends as I saw fit. No one took me up in time though...

Anyways, truth is, if you couldn't save $140 or so in the 9+ months (since just this year at least), I'd seriously say you have bigger priorities that you should be working on more than this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, ill more than likely put more money into DU as-well in the future. The potential of this game is what interests me the most and I'd like to see what they can do with it. Completely worth the investment i think. Just need to hope they can do it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could have bought the game for 15 euro's? not sure what the big deal is, sure, it will not have alpha, but you'll get the game... silver was 60 euro's, then you get closed beta, not that much as well, comparing to other games.

 

Like others said, if supporter packs would go cheaper it would be a big middlefinger towards others that have bought the founder package...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheBlender said:

Usually, its not a stretch for me to buy 1 full price AAA game a month, lets say its $59.99 USDs (idk what it is in euros sorry).

So I thought about what level of backing I wanted, and what I personally wanted to invest to help the game. I knew I wanted

as much possible play time as I could get, and I would have chosen Ruby for the lifetime, but I opted and decided for me it was more worth

investing the DACs digital Sapphire provided (especially if they grow in value). If 4 years of playtime isn't enough time to start having what I put together

to earn future DACs for me, I probably have bigger problems to worry about :/

Anyways, I simply chose to not buy any new games for like 4 months, and I realized Sapphire wasn't REALLY that much of a loss for me, especially if the game

wasn't coming out during that wait time anyway... Plus, its a game I've always wanted to see a reality, it's worth every dollar I put in to help make it a reality...
I've even considered buying some IRL friends Gold founders or just spare Gold accounts that I could give out to friends as I saw fit. No one took me up in time though...

Anyways, truth is, if you couldn't save $140 or so in the 9+ months (since just this year at least), I'd seriously say you have bigger priorities that you should be working on more than this game.

I can relate to basically all of this. I went through the same thought processes, bought the same pledge for the same reason and had the same idea about gold accounts! Glad to see I'm not the only one :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheBlender said:

Usually, its not a stretch for me to buy 1 full price AAA game a month, lets say its $59.99 USDs (idk what it is in euros sorry).

So I thought about what level of backing I wanted, and what I personally wanted to invest to help the game. I knew I wanted

as much possible play time as I could get, and I would have chosen Ruby for the lifetime, but I opted and decided for me it was more worth

investing the DACs digital Sapphire provided (especially if they grow in value). If 4 years of playtime isn't enough time to start having what I put together

to earn future DACs for me, I probably have bigger problems to worry about :/

Anyways, I simply chose to not buy any new games for like 4 months, and I realized Sapphire wasn't REALLY that much of a loss for me, especially if the game

wasn't coming out during that wait time anyway... Plus, its a game I've always wanted to see a reality, it's worth every dollar I put in to help make it a reality...
I've even considered buying some IRL friends Gold founders or just spare Gold accounts that I could give out to friends as I saw fit. No one took me up in time though...

Anyways, truth is, if you couldn't save $140 or so in the 9+ months (since just this year at least), I'd seriously say you have bigger priorities that you should be working on more than this game.

 

I did this with the combination of limiting my spending from the time I found this game and the time I pledged. However, I do this without wanting something, so, I save the money in case I run into a game or hobby I need money for! 

 

The price is very generous for pledges and what they offer. I feel like they already are on the low side of pricing with the rewards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stoat said:

The price is very generous for pledges and what they offer. I feel like they already are on the low side of pricing with the rewards. 

This.

 

Let's do some basic maths. Sapphire cost 287$ and gives me 50 DACS. Which, according to the crowdfunding page are 50 months of play time. Of course, we have no idea how much it will cost per month to play but let's work out how much my 50 DACS might be worth.

 

50 months of play time is 749$ @ 14.99$ pm (current world of Warcraft/EVE online monthly cost)

50 months of play time is 450$ @ 9$ pm

50 months of play time is 250$ @ 5$ pm

*this doesn't take into account for bulk buying 3m, 6m.

 

 

Let's say it is around the same price as EVE/WOW. 

 

749-287=462

 

So hypothetically speaking if I could sell my DACS in the real world (which you can't) I've essentially made a profit/saving of 462$ (obviously no one is paying full price for unofficial DACS when you could buy official for the same price.)

 

Of course, this is based on the game staying P2P for the required 4.1 years. For comparison, Elder Scrolls Online went F2P on the 17th of March 2015. Roughly 11 months after it released on 4th of April 2014. Of course, ESO going F2P was to be expected as you can't expect fans of Morrowind to pay monthly when past standalone games where B2P.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×