Weekly Update & Minor Site Improvements

Danger

Novaquark, could you please do following things?

1) add community portal and devblog button to top bar on forum (so we can get there more easily)

2) add option so we can receive news from devblog to our emails

3) post "Weekly Update" on devblog (and send to email) where you can tell us what are you working on, what troubles are you facing, what you are planning,... communicate with us:) I'm sure you are planning such thing, but now it's about week after KS campaign with no news. We can't wait to hear and see more stuff so we can post about it on forums, chat on discord, etc.

Thank you,

Danger + another 3000+ forum users :-)

1. I already suggested this in a separate topic so i can say i 100% agree.

2. Yes.

3. wow this 100%!! Would be awesome with something like a weekly update blog (or bi-weekly). Although i don't agree with it being one week without news, we got some news about the crow-funding site coming up soon. :)

A weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly update would be cool, so long as it sticks to a schedule and we know when the next one is coming, or if they let us know that they can't till next one.
It would just keep interested pinned here and keep people talking.

As for the link to the community site, it is indeed needed. Though that is still, once again, in its initial stages. So they probably haven't yet linked all the dots, etc. 

And for emails, this would be nice. 

I definitely agree on the regular updates thing. Even if its just something small, having updates at a regular time is something I would love to see. Space Engineers, for instance, updates their game every Thursday. This is awesome because it's regular and repetitive, and every Thursday night/Friday morning I check their forums to see what the last update was. And all post-release shenanigans aside, waiting for No Man's Sky news was killer, because who knew when the next info or video was going to come out?

I can't put my finger on exactly why, but regular updates of some sort, even something small, that happen on a publicly provided schedule, would be super awesome.

Even if it's a "hey, we're alive" it would be more than appreciated :)

A few things to add for forum improvement, may have to create a new thread at some point if they go unnoticed:

An off-topic sections is a must have for a gaming forum :P

An organization forum sections, in order to get introductions and organization recruiting into two separate areas.  

An off-topic sections is a must have for a gaming forum :P

An organization forum sections, in order to get introductions and organization recruiting into two separate areas.  

I believe they stated that they are fixing this, but it was meant to be post kickstarter.

So, soontm.

Just waiting on it really, at this point, I half expect them to take some downtime, well, atleast Nyzaltar anyway. 

He would have been working fairly round the clock during the KS. Though, it's getting on too a week, so hopefully some more news soon!

Yes I would like a weekly or bi weekly update. Something seperate from the newsletter. Though I do understand that they need the time to actually do it.

Its been a good week since the Kickstarter and I think they are busy setting up the new web shop. We should be a little patient. Having said that I would still like some regular updates. It can be rough as long as it is honest.

I love the way Squad (makers of Kerbal Space Program) do their weekly updates. 

Small team... small updates.  Just a few sentences from some of them each week on what they're working on.  Doesn't have to be a huge paragraph from them.  Just what you would say if someone asked while walking past you in the hall.

Inovae is doing an Excellent job of providing weekly updates on Battlescape. 

I have extreme confidence in them, due to the strict discipline they've used to keep the community informed.  They've kept us in the loop when things were going well, and when they were experiencing problems.

I would love for DU to follow in their footsteps.  It just makes for a much better wait, and we're not taken by surprise that the game is delayed indefinitely, at some convention.

TBH I'd like updates when there is something worth talking about and updating us on.  I'd rather NQ work on the game than multiple titled regular shows like some other crowd funded space sim mmo that's taking FOREVER!

I know you only asked for a write up and I went extreme, but get what I'm saying?  You picking up what I'm putting down?  You hitting what I'm pitching?  You smelling what I'm cooking?  You rocking what I'm rolling?  You catching what I'm chasing here?

Ok, can't google anymore of those.

#1 though I strongly support

Also other teams have found the weekly update thing internally useful as they then were able to see themselves what everyone else is working on... where as before the whole team wasn't necessarily aware of each others current work.  Having that overview allows people to discover synergies and work together on things that they might not have known about before.

Agreed on all points, though instead of weekly update I would not mind bi-weekly or monthly either.

As long as the little tidbits stay on schedule, there will always be something to wait for.

Half a year until alpha test is just a bit too far for me to fully comprehend. 

Hey guys I tweeted @dualuniverse asking if we could get a little update so we had something new to discuss.

And the answer I got was; "You should have something new to discuss today ;)"

So depending on time zones....

They really are awesome as a compagny in my opinion. :D

Hey guys I tweeted @dualuniverse asking if we could get a little update so we had something new to discuss.

And the answer I got was; "You should have something new to discuss today ;)"

So depending on time zones....

They really are awesome as a compagny in my opinion. :D

Thanks for the update!  I figured something would come out to day... er well, I hoped! :P

Hi everyone,

The Kickstarter Update we released last Friday (21st of October) should have answered a few questions already.

(the update is available here)

So in a nutshell:

1) Community portal and Devblog are reachable by a "mouse over" action on the "Community" section on the website. But if it was said for making these more visible, we are currently looking into it.

2) Regarding an option to receive news from devblog to your e-mails, you can already "follow" the devblog to be kept informed when a new post is released. Maybe making it more visible where you can follow the devblog?

3) As said in the Kickstarter update, we are more for the "we release an update when we have something new worth to show". But we can try to make a short recap in each newsletter (which is meant to be monthly now ;))

Let us know what you think about all this!

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone,

The Kickstarter Update we released last Friday (21st of October) should have answered a few questions already.
(the update is available here)

So in a nutshell:
1) Community portal and Devblog are reachable by a "mouse over" action on the "Community" section on the website. But if it was said for making these more visible, we are currently looking into it.
2) Regarding an option to receive news from devblog to your e-mails, you can already "follow" the devblog to be kept informed when a new post is released. Maybe making it more visible where you can follow the devblog?
3) As said in the Kickstarter update, we are more for the "we release an update when we have something new worth to show". But we can try to make a short recap in each newsletter (which is meant to be monthly now ;))

Let us know what you think about all this!

Best regards,
Nyzaltar.

Thank you for the heads-up.

IMHO: a weekly update is not really neccessary at this point of game development. A monthly update plus any milestone reached is fine.