Jump to content

What's the player count loking like in 2021?


FalloutWB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dual Universe has many active players, maybe not as many as early beta but it is alive for sure.  Not everyone uses this forum, so it is not a good way to see the population.  Come and jump back in and I am sure you will find a group to fit your playstyle.

 

There are many big projects that have been or are near completion.  The Utopia station is a huge 300-400 core station in the safezone.  Definitely one to go check out.

 

There are many racetracks now set up with cups and weekly race nights.  Ask in General and I am sure one of the racers will show you around if you are interested.

 

PvP is also becoming more popular with the threat of pirates being higher than ever, fly safe out there if your showboating your goodies!

 

The list goes on...there are for sure still things that need to be fixed.  But the game runs better these days than it ever has.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, i2eilly said:

But the game runs better these days than it ever has.

Can confirm its so much more stable now. Now to mention, with Demeter, we have more ore than we know what to do with in the game which as I understand is counterintuitive to most people who left pre-demeter.

But, DU being DU, it needs things to be fixed and adjusted. Ga

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd wager that populations are flat for the last few months -- likely some attrition/loss, but still in the ballpark of roughly 4-5 thousand players per day. 

 

There's certainly not as many people around as when the alpha launched publicly....it's maybe half of that.

 

I wouldn't describe DU's population as "healthy" -- if it is growing, it's growing very slowly. Over the last year, population has definitively shrunk.

 

That said, I don't think Demeter caused a huge drop in players. Its possible DU has hit a sort of unenviable equilibrium where the players leaving are mostly replaced by new players...stagnation isn't healthy, though...not for a new MMO. 

 

Is the game better than ever? Very subjective. In some ways, absolutely. In others, I think it's honestly gone backwards. DU faces a lot of challenges, but it isn't dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zireaa said:

It looks way moor dead then ever two me I use two run in two players everywhere now I might see maybe one person at alioth market 6

I think it also depends a lot on your prime time, because when I visit market 6, there are still 5-12 players stable there as it was before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 3:01 PM, blundertwink said:

Personally, I'd wager that populations are flat for the last few months -- likely some attrition/loss, but still in the ballpark of roughly 4-5 thousand players per day. 

 

I doubt that there is 4-5K active players in total, let alone per day.

Concurrent player counts I can't see beeing 4 digits with maybe very low 4 digit numbers daily

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Feriniya said:

I think it also depends a lot on your prime time, because when I visit market 6, there are still 5-12 players stable there as it was before.

If we consider how Demeter is forcing people to regularly sell ore, and then look at player activity around popular markets like DS6 etc. In my opinion, it is not looking good.

I mean we are talking about DS6, and I can't remember ever seeing more then maybe 10 players at once there, and walking the pads I see the same ships just standing there stationary for weeks/months at a time (not counting the obvious 'look at me' placements).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Feriniya said:

I think it also depends a lot on your prime time, because when I visit market 6, there are still 5-12 players stable there as it was before.

 

Of course there are ... anyone experience and say anything, you will jump to say the contrary, and how everything is so nice and dandy and we, all except you, are somehow wrong ... 

We've been here since 2016. We are still waiting for the actual GAME. Which isn't there, and most probably never will be, unless some radical change happens.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Numbers wise, i would say the population has been rather flat.  I've been bumping into new players quite frequently in the last 2 months. But most of them tend to go silent after first 2 or 3 weeks.  I have feeling that once they build their first base/factory, get the first workable S and M core ( which we often give them for free because we treat them as unicorns) they tend to run out of things to do, unless they have the Landmark bug.  Can't really blame them, there isn't much to do beyond that.

 

After demeter i've noticed quite a few pre 0.23 players peeking their heads back in, mostly to come back to check on their old stuff and see if anyone from their old orgs is still playing.   But like new players i would say only about 1/3 of them stick around beyond the move my stuff from surface to space/sact tile.

 

All in all i'd say DU doesn't bleed any more than it gains back, but it's certainly not growing, and quite frankly why would it?  Even if we get wrecks and salvage in next major pach it isn't quite some novel or excitiong new game loop.  Builders will build, rest will loiter around for a while than shake their heads and move on.  It's the way it was, and apparently that's way it will be for forseeable future.

 

happy voxeling and trolling general lads and lasses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bazzy_505 said:

Numbers wise, i would say the population has been rather flat. I've been bumping into new players quite frequently in the last 2 months. But most of them tend to go silent after first 2 or 3 weeks. I have feeling that once they build their first base/factory, get the first workable S and M core ( which we often give them for free because we treat them as unicorns) they tend to run out of things to do, unless they have the Landmark bug. Can't really blame them, there isn't much to do beyond that.

 

After demeter i've noticed quite a few pre 0.23 players peeking their heads back in, mostly to come back to check on their old stuff and see if anyone from their old orgs is still playing. But like new players i would say only about 1/3 of them stick around beyond the move my stuff from surface to space/sact tile.

 

All in all i'd say DU doesn't bleed any more than it gains back, but it's certainly not growing, and quite frankly why would it? Even if we get wrecks and salvage in next major pach it isn't quite some novel or excitiong new game loop. Builders will build, rest will loiter around for a while than shake their heads and move on. It's the way it was, and apparently that's way it will be for forseeable future.

 

happy voxeling and trolling general lads and lasses

for most closer future.. i think you are  right mate.. thats something around what you say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 9:31 AM, i2eilly said:

There are many big projects that have been or are near completion.  The Utopia station is a huge 300-400 core station in the safezone.  Definitely one to go check out.

 

 

Been out to Utopia station several times this month. Saw zero people every time... I know that was the case because I counted twice and took an average.

Did see people for the first time at several marketplaces; but they were tellingly only vultures picking over the remains of the former player base.

 

Ahh, that smell of carrion in the morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time overall against DU too.

 

Its slowly burns potential playerbase (that is quite special, niche one, of older age group), without ability to keep them concentrated in moment of time and produce some meaningful critical mass, momentum (to attract more people). So, it means that big chunk of potential base be to some degree familiar with game at "release", but already with negative perception. And because its pretty much deep 30+ game, it will be quite hard to simply wait for new older guys to apear in such rate to replace demographic loss. 

 

So every year in limbo means weaker position with population long-term. Wasteful burn over fist wave of KS people is already something quite irreplacebale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Jinxed said:

 

Been out to Utopia station several times this month. Saw zero people every time... I know that was the case because I counted twice and took an average.

Did see people for the first time at several marketplaces; but they were tellingly only vultures picking over the remains of the former player base.

 

Ahh, that smell of carrion in the morning.

Yeah they was all out scavenging or calibrating miners.  The Utopia discord server is alive and well so the Utopians are active, albeit not as many as they were 10 months ago:(  My station sees around 12 players at the weekends, so it gets busy (for DU), I class that as a win with the current active player base ?

 

I saw two new players in the help channel last night and went to go give them small Squire XS ships.  They was flying the ugly ass dragonfly!  The really issue is the new players don't stick around at all, I see them one day and then they never seem to return.  This is something NQ really needs to work on.  There is a lot to learn before you can have any freedom in DU, one of the new players said he learned more from me in the 30 mins together than he did 3 days playing DU and doing the tutorials.  This really shouldn't be the case :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...