New trailer and it looks great!

Hotwingz

2 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

I'm happy with the trailer, but some of the comments on twitter about it make me want to pull my hair out.

Yeah just saw them , the answers are disgusting , they don't even let a chance to DU to show something ...

3 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

I'm happy with the trailer, but some of the comments on twitter about it make me want to pull my hair out.

Same here. 

It actually made me sad for a moment. 

4 minutes ago, Falstaf said:

Same here. 

It actually made me sad for a moment. 

I understand people's hesitation with this, NMS really burned people hard, and with how buggy games like Space Engineers are, people look at DU and just roll their eyes at yet another over-selling sandbox space game.

We know better, but we are a wise few.

Interesting trailer.

22 minutes ago, yamamushi said:

Sometimes, fighting (providing a different opinion in public or tackling 'fake news' or false information) seems like a waste of time.

But sometimes, it is also a response that will help public perception. I'd always consider if replying to at least a few comments might make sense or help. This goes to all who read this, not just the one I quoted of course.

Of course I'm not saying "be a white knight" or "fanboy" and go on a social media crusade if there are opposing views. Not everyone has to like everything.

But if it's wrong information or a big exaggeration, leaving a mostly constructive comment can sometimes help. Just saying.

"No Man's Sky-like" <_< It's like to tell people - "hey, that's cool new game... ok, maybe not so cool, like last time... but nice try..."

I wish NQ made new dev-blog or shared some details about test and new features...

Just now, TheNudeNerd said:

IGN said that, they titled the video - not NQ. I expect no less from IGN these days.

Good catch! 

IGN also pitched it as a blend of NMS and Minecraft which is not ideal to say the least.

I think it's funny the ones commenting on the video are like " I don't care about this" or " meh". Apparently they cared enough to watch the video and comment. People are stupid. They could have just kept on scrolling. 

If these comments annoy you, you might as well reply to some of them in such a fashion that it "downscales" their argument in whatever constructive fashion that may be. 

People fear this will be like NMS? Tell them it's hardly comparable, anything but NMS, more like EvE, etc. 

Rather compare it to EvE than NMS at least because that is more fitting or closer. It gives people more positive or neutral vibes compared to NMS. Side effect: You help promote the game and take away some fears the silent readers could generate. 

15 hours ago, yamamushi said:

You had to get me curious about those comments, didn't you! I read them. Now I'm going to go and cry in the corner.

NQ should really stop using IGN as their "trusted" news outlet, cause on launch day IGN will vommit back out "look atall those NMS articles we made, LOOK LOOK, DUAL Unvierse is NMS, LOOK, CLICK ON THE ARTICLES WE NEED THE AD REFVENUE" and when nobody clciks they will make an article on DU when 1 thing happens saying "look, DUASL Universe is as bad as NMS" and then the rabid fanbois of DU will go and give them commetns and views, and money and IGN will make more trash articles.

NQ REALLY needs to step away from IGN and start using their own platform on Youtube for their videos. IGN will keep milking the NMS train forever.

46 minutes ago, CaptainTwerkmotor said:

NQ REALLY needs to step away from IGN and start using their own platform on Youtube for their videos. IGN will keep milking the NMS train forever.

I never bother to look at IGN, I find it surprising that people still read that website. 

Though I understand why they use IGN, I think. They have a lot of readers and I think NQ wants to attract non MMO gamers as much as MMO gamers. 

Personally I would use massivelyop.com and mmorpg.com at this stage of development. Neither of them is perfect but nothing ever is.