Please for the love of god rework skills

Snipey

TL;DR
If I can buy a fighter jet why cant I use it?

Made this post cancer on purpose like their skill trees
Your skill trees are a massive dumpster fire. Why are we restricted to what machines we can use by DAYS of training time? Why can we not just USE THE MACHINES. The same can be said about using weapons on ships. Why can I not take anyone out and be equal to the enemy gunners. The only thing that should matter is the ship. I WANT MY SKILL POINTS BACK FOR SOMETHING USEFUL.

The way it seems this dumpster fire is designed is to be a massive money and time sink to prevent you from enjoying anything resembling fun in favor of an absurd grind that only has a 10% new player retention outside of alpha players and people who have been playing for a while.

SOLUTIONS:
- Get rid of the skills required to just simply open the Industry units

-Actually give bonuses for using higher industry on a lower tiered item like craft speed or output.

- Listen to the community for once instead of saying you are then doing the exact opposite.

- Get rid of the center column in the DSAT window or actually add a proper timer as you cant do anything in the 10 minutes after you get there before a whole fleet of legion meta ships show up. WHAT HAPPENED TO A SAFE TIMER WHEN YOU GET TO THE ASTEROID WE WERE PROMISED. YOU DONT EVEN GET A SAFE TIMER IN SAFE SPACE.

This game is honestly NOT FUN! There are MASSIVE entries to various aspects and the latest content we got was the biggest gap in gameplay knowledge I have ever seen in a company. 

While I agree here should be a benefit to playing but restricting huge chunks of your game behind weeks long training and no easy way to repair your ships automatically or even batch remove dynamic properties from screens.

Rant Over.

just get rid of time based talent point accumulation all together.  That was the Worst design decision NQ made. Passive talents are the stupidest thing you can think of. There needs to be some sort of active talent accumulation as well. And no, the achievements don't count. 120 talent points for an achievement is an insult. The AFK gameplay mechanics need to be fixed(i.e. talents and missions).

There's a reason starbase is winning.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=dual universe,starbase

DU is the game with the best game technology and the absolute worst game design. It's a shame. Hate to say it but you need to fire your game designers and get someone good.

37 minutes ago, Sybily said:

just get rid of time based talent point accumulation all together.  That was the Worst design decision NQ made. Passive talents are the stupidest thing you can think of. There needs to be some sort of active talent accumulation as well. And no, the achievements don't count. 120 talent points for an achievement is an insult. The AFK gameplay mechanics need to be fixed(i.e. talents and missions).

There's a reason starbase is winning.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=dual universe,starbase

DU is the game with the best game technology and the absolute worst game design. It's a shame. Hate to say it but you need to fire your game designers and get someone good.

This even carries over to the operations skills in the PVP Trees. WAYYYYYYY TOO SPECIALIZED

On 8/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, Kobayashi said:

Steam?

Also, not a great example, when the top 5 queries for Starbase have nothing to do with the game lol

Starbase is telling this game “I’ll drink your milkshake”.   There’s only so many people that are interested in space building games, that have the disadvantages of an MMO, aren’t free, and are Early Access.

already has mining from ships, a far more balanced PvP v. PvE system, and PvP is outstanding compared to this game.  (Also only two crashes in 60 hours).

6 hours ago, HangerHangar said:

Starbase is telling this game “I’ll drink your milkshake”.   There’s only so many people that are interested in space building games, that have the disadvantages of an MMO, aren’t free, and are Early Access.

already has mining from ships, a far more balanced PvP v. PvE system, and PvP is outstanding compared to this game.  (Also only two crashes in 60 hours).

Was just pointing out that the graph shown was some of the poorest use of Google search data I have ever seen, the biggest spike is for something completely different.

I played a bit of SB, it was ok, was all a bit too mecano for my taste, will keep an eye on it.