Star Citizen and Hello Kitty

Hades

This guy never knows how to read, does he?

I clearly called for a simplistic cosmetic shop that has immersion-enhancing cosmetics.  Having such will gain far more purchases than a hello kitty sticker lmfao

Welcome to the real world.

Here is an idea, we have a decal system where you can import an image to use as a sticker (since it will only show on you, only the client wearing it needs to have it rather than the server).

Also, rather than have a cosmetics store, we have players that can create cosmetics that you can buy on the market (how this would work, idk). It actually makes sense for players to be making the cosmetics rather than an administrative AI (since the ingame avatar of NQ is the arkship AI).

This guy never knows how to read, does he?

I clearly called for a simplistic cosmetic shop that has immersion-enhancing cosmetics.  Having such will gain far more purchases than a hello kitty sticker lmfao

Welcome to the real world.

Yeah, because as we all know, in the real world, everyone thinks like you. Nobody would want Hello Kitty, cause everyone wants that sweet sweet immersion -- oh wait, even the hardcores of Star Citizen want Hello Kitty, cause not everyone is playing videogames to RP. Who knew the real world is full of diverse opinions.

You just earned the privilege of being perma-stalked by people with Hello Kitty stickers on them, just ot ruin your "immersion" and oyu just went in the same bin as Lord Cringeworth, you shalt be dubbed "General Immersitron".

Here is an idea, we have a decal system where you can import an image to use as a sticker (since it will only show on you, only the client wearing it needs to have it rather than the server).

Also, rather than have a cosmetics store, we have players that can create cosmetics that you can buy on the market (how this would work, idk). It actually makes sense for players to be making the cosmetics rather than an administrative AI (since the ingame avatar of NQ is the arkship AI).

I know how this will work, like how Mike the Nazi Enthusiast will import Swastikas all day long, claiming they are his favourite tao symbol. Yeah, turns out NQ has a reason to have a cosmetic shop where they can monetise off of it.

And having a Player Studio situation like in Planetside 2 is not a viable option, ocne you realise Planetside 2 has like 3000 players active on a daily basis and SOE takes 3 months to review a player-made decal.

Just let NQ review what people ask for, maybe a poll or somehing and then the artists develope that demand people have.

Yeah, because as we all know, in the real world, everyone thinks like you. Nobody would want Hello Kitty, cause everyone wants that sweet sweet immersion -- oh wait, even the hardcores of Star Citizen want Hello Kitty, cause not everyone is playing videogames to RP. Who knew the real world is full of diverse opinions.

You just earned the privilege of being perma-stalked by people with Hello Kitty stickers on them, just ot ruin your "immersion" and oyu just went in the same bin as Lord Cringeworth, you shalt be dubbed "General Immersitron".

Wrong on first account, wrong on second account as well.  I KNOW people have weird preferences, which is why I created this thread.  They're free to have them, free to create those structures via in game means... but NQ shouldn't make such skins.  And they probably won't ^^

As for the first account, there was quite a large uproar on the forums.  So nope, you're wrong.  Anywho, out of the two games weird skins make more sense in Star Citizen as it's a "stable" society that can worry about such things

I would like an official word though.

hello kitty and that pony thing skins just because some people are so insecure.

edit: if i google LARP, will i have to wash my eyes with acid ?

Its a weird roleplaying thing.

Nothing major.

Certainly no reason for eye-bleaching.

nope, LARP stands for live action role play

I did that in school once a few years ago.

Jim: "I hit you with my sword. You're dead."

Sam: "Nu-huh! My ultra-mega-armour of blocking that specific sword blocks it!"

Jim: I have another sword. *stab*

Sam: Uh... My armour also blocks that.

Jim: *throws flaming pocket dust (props to anyone who knows it)*

Sam: I have an ankh.

Don't be like Sam. Or Jim. He has basically infinite items.

Be Kuritho. Bring a real sword.

I know how this will work, like how Mike the Nazi Enthusiast will import Swastikas all day long, claiming they are his favourite tao symbol. Yeah, turns out NQ has a reason to have a cosmetic shop where they can monetise off of it.

And having a Player Studio situation like in Planetside 2 is not a viable option, ocne you realise Planetside 2 has like 3000 players active on a daily basis and SOE takes 3 months to review a player-made decal.

Just let NQ review what people ask for, maybe a poll or somehing and then the artists develope that demand people have.

Perhaps only organizations could do it and they must follow certain criteria?

Such as:

a) 10+ Players

and B) Has a Territory Unit (Think something out for nomads)

hello kitty and that pony thing skins just because some people are so insecure.

edit: if i google LARP, will i have to wash my eyes with acid ?

Live Action Role Playing. Essentially what people do in World War 2 reenactments.

I think that some wings, unicorns, tails and so on just look stupid and I would never buy them. But if some dudes use it and want it - I don't care, I just kill them for doing so. But, with the history of Europe in mind, I don't think that NQ will allow swastikas and things like it. Hard to understand for Americans but some symbols and sentences are banned in parts of Europe because of history, which is a good thing. Never again.

If some doorknob constantly constructs something that looks like some symbol used 80 years ago - hunt him, make his life miserable, bash him, kill him (all in-game ofc)

Hi everyone,

There is currently no plan of creating cosmetics related to Hello Kitty, My Little Pony on any related furry stuff.

Two reasons for that:

- We have so many things to make having a higher priority before that. It couldn't be a priority for years, even after official release.

- While we don't plan to restrict the creativity freedom of the players on this topic, we have currently no plan of creating such cosmetics because it simply doesn't fit with Novaquark's vision of the game. 

We understand that some of you might be disappointed by this news, but as we never promised anything about this in the past and as we don't think this kind of cosmetics is compatible with the immersion we are aiming for (but not enforcing), there's very little chance this decision will be reversed.

Regarding symbols like the Swastika: 

Although origins of this symbol can be found in Hinduism and Buddhism with no evil meaning, as it has been promoted by the Nazis in Europe and used as their emblem, this has been a symbol a lot of people don't want to see anymore in Europe because as it has been now tied to the concept of real life genocid. Letting such kind of symbols propagating in the game would be interpreted as promotion of the Nazism or to the very least a certain complicity with it. That's why we won't create cosmetics for such symbol, and we will take action if a player spots such thing in-game and report it.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

Although i prefer that people hunt down and do something about such symbol themselves instead of devs i'm glad there's some kind of an answer.

Everyone can accept that NQ has better priorities than Hello Kitty stickers, I'd have to agree with Zamarus. Unless the people behind such symbols were actively promoting Nazi ideals that demands NQ's intervention, I think the playerbase would easily deal with such problems on their own.

It's good to know policies are already present in NQ's part to deal with symbols of hatred though.

Hey there :)

In Games like Star Citizen, that claim to be "simulation games", I feel that a HelloKitty-Design is absolutely legit. People do it in the real world, why don't do it in the simulation. Take this example:

http://www.youredm.com/2015/08/01/deadmau5-revives-purrari-with-new-lamborghini-trolls-ferrari/

Cheers ^^

Hey there :)

In Games like Star Citizen, that claim to be "simulation games", I feel that a HelloKitty-Design is absolutely legit. People do it in the real world, why don't do it in the simulation. Take this example:

http://www.youredm.com/2015/08/01/deadmau5-revives-purrari-with-new-lamborghini-trolls-ferrari/

Cheers ^^

To be fair, the DU universe contains humans from the cultures of this world, so the Hello Kitty branding would be feasible - albeit practically ancient, given the timeframe.

To be fair, the DU universe contains humans from the cultures of this world, so the Hello Kitty branding would be feasible - albeit practically ancient, given the timeframe.

perhaps all the hello kitty fan where packed up and launched in to deep space. So what we see now is several generations down the line where hello kitty has become mandatory.

Hi everyone,

There is currently no plan of creating cosmetics related to Hello Kitty, My Little Pony on any related furry stuff.

Two reasons for that:
- We have so many things to make having a higher priority before that. It couldn't be a priority for years, even after official release.
- While we don't plan to restrict the creativity freedom of the players on this topic, we have currently no plan of creating such cosmetics because it simply doesn't fit with Novaquark's vision of the game. 

We understand that some of you might be disappointed by this news, but as we never promised anything about this in the past and as we don't think this kind of cosmetics is compatible with the immersion we are aiming for (but not enforcing), there's very little chance this decision will be reversed.

Regarding symbols like the Swastika: 
Although origins of this symbol can be found in Hinduism and Buddhism with no evil meaning, as it has been promoted by the Nazis in Europe and used as their emblem, this has been a symbol a lot of people don't want to see anymore in Europe because as it has been now tied to the concept of real life genocid. Letting such kind of symbols propagating in the game would be interpreted as promotion of the Nazism or to the very least a certain complicity with it. That's why we won't create cosmetics for such symbol, and we will take action if a player spots such thing in-game and report it.

Best Regards,
Nyzaltar.

This is fantastic news, and precisely what I was looking for.  Thanks

I'm for a new brand, custom to DU.

"Hello Doggo"

Dibs.

Also: "Hello Birb"

"Hello Derg"

I really wish that we could keep the childish stuff out of the adult environment, but I guess people will be people...

At least I'll have a reason to get into a shooting match with them. You can bet that'd be fun to spectate.

I'm laughing my ass off as to how seriously people are taking this topic. The passions are real!

Not that such passion a bad thing in any way.  :P

Ha, guilty.  

It's important that this game doesn't end up like C9... or any other fantasy MMO with a cosmetics shop out there.  (IMHO of course)

They can get quite ridiculous ^^

People (some) tend to overreact in those discussions at times (not an exclusive trait to roleplayers it seems).

Most of the time when more customisation or "free customisation" (player can pick, create or upload a lot) becomes a topic I sometimes get the impression some draw a "end of the (virtual) world" scenario - and the game is not even playable for the community.

Of course concerns can be valid! However there can be a fine line between legit concerns and slight overreacting I think. An impromptu example I can think of is Minecraft where some (still) believe it's full of (challenged?) children placing genitalia / swastikas everywhere. While it might be true for some MC users or communities, you could find quite serious and advanced places like the Civcraft community.

In the end we should not forget we might see many sovereign or controlled places in DU due to emergent gameplay and whatnot. Even in some worst-case for some: you could just ban or outlaw or frown upon certain styles or clothing - or at least give people odd looks! Oh the psychological pressure!

I'm a fan of immersion n' all but "Oh my immersion, this guy looks silly!" hardly becomes some legit concern if you don't police your areas accordingly, assuming it happens on your ground. In other places you might just have to live with it. Even if nothing "silly" is added in that regard, people can still act silly anyway.

In the end we should not forget we might see many sovereign or controlled places in DU due to emergent gameplay and whatnot. Even in some worst-case for some: you could just ban or outlaw or frown upon certain styles or clothing - or at least give people odd looks! Oh the psychological pressure!

I'm a fan of immersion n' all but "Oh my immersion, this guy looks silly!" hardly becomes some legit concern if you don't police your areas accordingly, assuming it happens on your ground. In other places you might just have to live with it. Even if nothing "silly" is added in that regard, people can still act silly anyway.

The article of clothing named "hello kitty sticker" is in violation of Terran Union article 6.4B. Remove it immediately or you will be fined a sum of up to 1000 quanta. If you do not pay the fine within 24 hours, know that this fine will be doubled and set as a bounty.

The article of clothing named "hello kitty sticker" is in violation of Terran Union article 6.4B. Remove it immediately or you will be fined a sum of up to 1000 quanta. If you do not pay the fine within 24 hours, know that this fine will be doubled and set as a bounty.

Will personally claim those fine monies