Jump to content

geforce now.....so neither devs gonna do anything?


Maliciouss1
 Share

Recommended Posts

ok so havent been able to play for 3 days since recent patch broke geforce ........and seems like neither dev sets give a hoot.

 

but,many players have multiple accounts and cannot use them as this continues.......i cant even play as ive been trying to get a gpu for nearly a year,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of the disadvantages to these cloud-based services -- you have to depend on both sets of devs, apparently. 

 

That means NQ will blame Nvidia for service interruption, who then might blame NQ.

 

I don't mean "blame" in any public sense, just that it will take them a lot of time to figure out who is responsible for the game breaking on GFN, never mind implementing actual fixes.

 

GFN breaks, so NQ asks Nvidia why. Nvidia takes a week (or more) to tell them what they did wrong, then NQ takes another week or more to roll out a patch.

 

There's (for some reason) no real urgency because in NQ's eyes, GFN is just one way to play the game -- they don't treat it as "downtime" when really they should, especially with the sub price increase. 

 

$9.99 a month is expensive when it doesn't work for weeks....if NQ is going to offer the game on GFN, they should treat downtime there with the same urgency as general downtime -- or if they can't commit to maintaining playability on GFN, they should stop offering it. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, just want to leave you all with an update.

 

As it stands there is a significant driver issue on their latest 3080 platforms when running dual universe, this means that the game will not be able to run until this issue is resolved.

We are working with Nvidia to resolve the issue as soon as possible, but due to the nature of the issue we cannot currently provide you with an ETA.

 

When we know more, we will update you all. :)

 

- Deckard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

anytime in the last week this would have been welcome.....now its just a slap in the face....and gfn support ne3ver said any of this.total lack of communication.........zero follow through.......and they wonder where the community is going.communication in an mmo is paramount....forget this and they forget you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello everyone, just want to leave you all with an update.

 

As it stands there is a significant driver issue on their latest 3080 platforms when running dual universe, this means that the game will not be able to run until this issue is resolved.

We are working with Nvidia to resolve the issue as soon as possible, but due to the nature of the issue we cannot currently provide you with an ETA.

 

When we know more, we will update you all. :)

 

- Deckard

 

Except, GFN does not use 3080s for anything but their new(soon to come)  top tier sub so how is this relevant and how does this affect those with a 3080? Are you saying these people can't play DU locally either? That is news to me.

I have access to a 3080 and 3090 system so I guess I will go and verify this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd agree it is both very odd ot seemingly woudl only affect DU and thsi issue has not come up with 3080 users.
Also, the geForce drivers have been "unified" for some time now so that is not a new development.

I will visit a friend who runs a 3080 this weekend and install DU there to see what happens.. My expectation is it will run just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

I'd agree it is both very odd ot seemingly woudl only affect DU and thsi issue has not come up with 3080 users.
Also, the geForce drivers have been "unified" for some time now so that is not a new development.

I will visit a friend who runs a 3080 this weekend and install DU there to see what happens.. My expectation is it will run just fine.

 

DU runs on a non-standard off-the-shelf engine, Unigen2. They are actually the most high-profile game to adopt that engine, as it's used more for benchmarking and prototypes. 

 

So....most games probably don't have issues because the underlying engine makers are simply more robust. 

 

Also, DU has shown it struggles with shaders (GPU programming) before, taxing GPUs higher than it should for seemingly little graphical complexity. If I had to guess, I'd say this is more likely the issue -- that their shaders have underlying issues that finally broke with the latest drivers and has very little to do with Nvidia. 

 

It does suck that some players won't even be able to play, but are still expected to pay. Devs don't treat it as "downtime", but it affects players as if it were. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

DU runs on a non-standard off-the-shelf engine, Unigen2.

 

The majority of games these days run on of fthe shelf engines. Unigine it quite capable but atthe sam etime NQ does run on a very old version of the engine

 

 

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

They are actually the most high-profile game to adopt that engine, as it's used more for benchmarking and prototypes. 

 

Actually it is quite frequently used for high performance emulations and simulations. But NQ really hardly uses Unigine anyway, pretty much just for the high proecision coordinate system it offers. Du is really a hotch potch of several GFX engines and frameworks. That in itself may wel be much more the issue here.

 

 

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

Also, DU has shown it struggles with shaders (GPU programming) before, taxing GPUs higher than it should for seemingly little graphical complexity. If I had to guess, I'd say this is more likely the issue -- that their shaders have underlying issues that finally broke with the latest drivers and has very little to do with Nvidia. 

This is quite possible much closer to the why, the RTX drivers are notthe issue, it's the way DU addresses them/uses them (or not uses them)

 

Frankly, I feel the mention of the 3080 drivers here is just an excuse/smokescreen. I can confirm the game runs just fine on a 3080.. and a 3090 actually. So it may well be the issue which broke Shadow PC is now breaking GFN.. Not  that that was not predicted to happen sooner or later. Next up NQ will announce that fixing GFN is "not really a priority right now"..

If i were to make a guess.. it is a memory allocation issue with the DU code for the shaders that is exposed/triggered on a VM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I know, you can cancel your sub with NQ at any point and be refunded for the time remaining.

And then GFN has a free tier, or a paid tier. If you're paying for it, you could ask them for a refund as well if DU is the only reason you've purchased your subscription.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Maliciouss1 said:

class action is the only thing they fear

 

Woudl be laughed out of court for a handful of people joining.

No lawyer would burn their fingers on this as there is no money to be made here, it's a certified loss.

 

Nvidia/GFN is not the culprit here and NQ has nothing of value to go for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those who cannot login still need time to make all preparations for the Demeter update. We need to finish harvestting the mega nodes we are holding, and to prepare our underground construxts the way NQ said we should (for NQ-GM excavation later on). Please, NQ, make sure we who canno login have still time enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

NQ ignored the Shadow PC userbase and they will ignore the GFN userbase in this case too. I kind of expect they told themselves this is for Nvidia to solve so we do not have to touch this and wil lplay the blame game that way when it comes down to it.
 

They will push any work they need to do for GFN, if they can fix it, until after Demeter is launched sometime in the next two weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...