Toxic fumes on the rise

Khaymann

So as I read through the forums I find the state of it all depressing. Toxic fumes are starting to engulf the whole of the forums and no one seems to care.

Instead of helping one another we belittle and degrade. So many post about the exact same subject from pure laziness. Instead of healthy debates we argue, fight, and bicker.

We need to resolve these issues before it is too late. some of this is our fault and some the lack of moderation we have. No i am not attacking NQ-Nyzaltar only saying he/she is but one person and we the community should not rely on him/her.

We should stop all the multiple post by pointing the OP to the original post about the subject and leave it at that. Maybe have the duplicate post removed? (pokes Nyzaltar) Ignore the trolls and put a stop to their fun. if you make it not fun for them they will stop. 

Personally I want the community to flourish and be one of the best, but how the forums are going I have stopped posting for these reasons and I am not going to continue to waste my time repeating myself on the same fights over and over again with the same counter arguments over and over again.

No question that some toxicity has been going on, it's usually the same group of people. I would not put too much stock into it, just ignore them (or report them) and move on.

People who argue just to get the last word vs engaging in a thoughtful discussion are simply not worth the time. You will also have groups of people who fail to see the forest for the trees, with these folks you just have to move on. They are incapable of comprehending the greater view more often than not and are stuck in their own bias never realizing a wider perspective, or understanding the crux of the conversation.

Yes, thank you.

Also, I've been seeing some discontent from the many organizations around here towards each other. Don't take things so seriously ladies and gents, we're a long way from release.

Lets not forget we're all here for the same reason. <3

And what about spying, will it be a thing?

Most definitely, which groups are already doing. And I get it, it doesnt hurt to have a leg up against your rivals prior to launch. But man, some of the vitriol around here is dissapointing.

Most definitely, which groups are already doing. And I get it, it doesnt hurt to have a leg up against your rivals prior to launch. But man, some of the vitriol around here is dissapointing.

"The effects of politics are already at work. But I agree with Khaymann. Irrelevant topics should be ignored. There's already enough information to answer almost every question that can be asked."

"The effects of politics are already at work. But I agree with Khaymann. Irrelevant topics should be ignored. There's already enough information to answer almost every question that can be asked."

I think we can all agree with this and the OP.

That said, while newcomers should be doing some research prior to asking questions, we can't just leave that entire burden upon them and then chastise them for being ignorant. Sometimes information is just not as readily available as some might think. It wouldn't hurt to have one topic stickied with a FAQ about everything we know in DU so far, with links providing the source. Would certainly make keeping track of all the information around here easier.

I think we can all agree with this and the OP.

That said, while newcomers should be doing some research prior to asking questions, we can't just leave that entire burden upon them and then chastise them for being ignorant. Sometimes information is just not as readily available as some might think. It wouldn't hurt to have one topic stickied with a FAQ about everything we know in DU so far, with links providing the source. Would certainly make keeping track of all the information around here easier.

"Alternatively, we could reply questions with the links of the posts/topics that answered similar or identical questions instead of plunging into protracted merry-go-round discussions."

"Alternatively, we could reply questions with the links of the posts/topics that answered similar or identical questions instead of plunging into protracted merry-go-round discussions."

Maybe even a combination of both? Doing that and having a stickied topic with a FAQ and source links would really help not just newcomers out, but even the veterans around here.

There are probably going to be more and more new people showing up interested in the game who may have never used a forum like this.  I think some people are used to chat or commenting on videos or articles and think of this as the same thing.

It does feel like any coherent discussion is being buried by people asking the same questions over and over or people just posting to get a rise out of other people.

The first group is unavoidable and a good thing really, but the second should know better.

I discovered the "Members" button in the top left the other day, you can sort all the members by post count...   <_<

It's gonna be ok! We just need to put a little spring back in our step and get some smiles on these forums again.

Also, thank you Cybrex, a FAQ will help a lot of people. You are a good person.

And Atmosph3rik, I may be off base here, but no need to frown on forums member 'post' count I know who you are buddy. A high or low post count doesnt mean good or bad poster behind the screen.

edited: forgot the word post, when i said post count  :wacko:

This may be true, people do absolutely love it when the Prince Nyzaltar blesses them with a personal response.

However, Nyza must be under alot of pressure, we just have to perk up and help him.

Sure its his job, but were all friends, all we have to do is refresh ourselves from this dark slump and take some of the burden off.

We can be that community that needs little moderation! and tries to help the developers, even if they just kick us back, you gotta come back like a masochist. Either well creep them out or theyll love us. I think we win either way.

So yes, we can rise above.

Take a deep breath and remember sometimes its better to let a thread go, to let someone else get the last word in, than it is to keep bumping a thread. If you politely urge a thread to end and people keep going in it.

Let it go~ Let it goo ooo~   (oh no help me)

So as I read through the forums I find the state of it all depressing. Toxic fumes are starting to engulf the whole of the forums and no one seems to care.

Some of us do.. I haven't been on the forum for a little bit and now that I've come back and got caught up i'm horribly disappointed in what this has become. When i first joined the rude responses were sparse, now they seem to be the default tone.

Some of us do.. I haven't been on the forum for a little bit and now that I've come back and got caught up i'm horribly disappointed in what this has become. When i first joined the rude responses were sparse, now they seem to be the default tone.

Unfortunately yes, this is mostly due to the fact we are having to answer the exact same questions over and over again and it is irritating at best. This is why Cybrex created this post so we could avoid having to do so, but from the looks of it people do not want answers they want to fight and argue.

Think the issue stems from just the same 5 threads being created that can either be answered via devblogs or from popular posts already addressing the issue.

think some of us are just kind getting tired of repeating ourselves

that being said im glad to see we have a faq page now so hopefully that stems the repetitive threads or atleast gives us a place to direct people. which in turn will make this a much happier community again.

Unfortunately yes, this is mostly due to the fact we are having to answer the exact same questions over and over again and it is irritating at best. This is why Cybrex created this post so we could avoid having to do so, but from the looks of it people do not want answers they want to fight and argue.

when you post something similar at the same time lol