Salvage >:(

Rokkur

Suggestions ( to ignore? 🤣)

1. If someone has gone into build mode on construct start a timer for 3 hours for it to delete out. (for people too lazy to remove the cores)
2. Have the pool constantly have at least 5 shipwrecks spawned at all times per planet.

Questions: 

1. How often do salvage wrecks spawn?
2. How often do they despawn?
3. Why are there fewer wrecks than asteroids that have SIGNIFICANTLY greater value of resources on each one than a wreck?

Already visited salvage that people only left a core for everyone else... like single scoop of ore. :(

I am excited about the idea of this activity once I know there will be something there for me when I get to the location.
I would love to this to be my main profession if we could build on this to where we could do it regularly.

I did manage to find 2 salvages that weren't cleaned out, and that was really nice, got some rare advanced mil engines, some golden glossy voxel, some rocket engines, that was all really fun to find. It was only 2/15? That weren't already emptied.

With new spawn rate I have been to 25 wrecks in 3 days, and I have been online almost 24/7 constantly refreshing the map almost every 2-5 minutes... 20 of the 25 were from the first day when the pre update "unknown wrecks" still existed. I really feel I should be able to get more than just 3-5 wrecks a day if I play a full 18-20 hours and monitor the map like an obsessive compulsive individual.

Edited by Rokkur

So the players who don't [know, care, bother, etc.] to despawn abandoned cores from player constructs don't do that for generated ships either?  What a shock.

@NQ:  Suggested fix, reduce despawn timer once the construct has been visited.  One hour after build mode is entered the first time may be a tad too short due to travel time.  Six hours from first player interaction seems reasonable.  

How is salvaging supposed to be even a sub profession if a single wreck only spawns near your planet ever 3-4 hours, and the most valuable contents are a hover chair, xs rocket engine + tank, an xs light, and some s and xs adjustors?

You do not need hundreds of coders, you need a solid long term plan and directions and management that are not insane and go around changing the plan every 2nd day, or spinless and just say yes all the time to upper management.

Mapping out your project is ½ the coding.

Maintain good structure and dont add little hack fixes all over the place, make sure it is cleaned up.

There is a good amount of evidence in NQ/DU that show they just slap stuff together hoping for the best

33 minutes ago, Kurosawa said:

oh and if you plan does not work, you acknowledge it, regroup and make a new plan strengthen by past knowledge.

you do not just continue on the same track.

But right click is so engaging and innovative. Very immersive!

Please at least 5-10 wrecks per hour per planet. The current rate is not enough even if you are the only one in your local area hunting them. 
If you have to compete for so few many will walk away empty handed and it hurts the game.

image.png.bfac0a956b3047f8630d00ba89b022e0.png

If it is an issue of x amount of wrecks available on the server at one time, give each planet a pool with a cap.

Example:

Alioth: 17/20
Thades: 13/20
etc..
etc.

Then when spots in the pool open up start opening up cause wrecks are removed, start spawning them back in up to x number for that area. This is done basically in any MMO where a player kills an NPC mob, and there is respawn or else no mob to farm. I can't tell you your technology constraints cause you don't share them with us, However, it has to be better than 20-30 wrecks a day over a 2400 SU area.

Nothing for nearly two days.. this is EXTREMELY SADDENING! Please provide a per planet pool of 5 wrecks available at all times.
I can't just imagine this is beyond server resources, or would harm the economy compared to the value of 100's of thousands of liters of ore that exists on a single asteroid.

image.png.29fb07655b4ea8d0f2beb158c034f2aa.png

The reason we dont have more wrecks is NQ does not want to flood the economy with items and break it.  Atleast thats what I hope is the reason we are not seeing more wrecks in space.  Thats why I think these wrecks should have more non element rewards on them.  One thing I noticed is dynamic data stays on these elements when picked up. 

So maybe some of these elements have cool alien skins on them. That would make them a desired item that can only be gotten this way. you could provide less of each one with each wreck, but the real reward is the exclusive skin that people will want to buy. 

Skill books would also be a good reward to include in these wrecks.  IE a book that  gives a player level V in say jetpacking. I would say just give a player 100kSP, but that could be a bit more game breaking. Where if you give a book with a specific skill, a player could only ever benefit from it once. 

Quanta rewards would also be good, IE a tablet in a can that has quanta on it that you can use for yourself. 

Basically adding in more of rewards like this will allow them to add more wrecks. which means more content for players to actually play. without imbalancing the game. 

Wrecks could contain exclusive ornaments, trinkets and decorations and other things which have tangible value but don't destroy the basic market (or whatever sad excuse for a market exists right now.)  But it seems like NQ have stopped adding anything to the game beyond the absolute minimum required to fulfil the kickstarter rewards.

It's a shame because the list of possible ingame decorations is basically endless and they have no purpose other than to display, so they are effectively removed permanently from the market .. Just look at NMS quicksilver menu, its now hundreds and hundreds of items long, all in a separate currency that doesn't inflate the main currency and it grows every time there is a new campaign every few months.

In three years a few of us got a fireplace, two wall decorations, a set of stone chairs and a "weather thing". And an XS space fuel tank.

2 hours ago, RugesV said:

The reason we dont have more wrecks is NQ does not want to flood the economy with items and break it. 

Skins that match voxels in game could be great for trading... and then also gold glossy/silver glossy voxels, voxels would be rewarding... instead of empty containers of nothing.

If the economy is so fragile that salvaging some wrecks can break it, then I am sad to say that it is already broken..

And having a healthy economy at the expense of players being able to enjoy the game is a fallacy. I mean the entire reason for a game is to entertain for f**** sake!

49 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

If the economy is so fragile that salvaging some wrecks can break it, then I am sad to say that it is already broken..

And having a healthy economy at the expense of players being able to enjoy the game is a fallacy. I mean the entire reason for a game is to entertain for f**** sake!

You didn't get the memo this is a Job/Economy simulator Metaverse not a game.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

This... 100 times this.

I said so myself just yesterday.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, Jinxed said:

At the end of the day, fun should be the number one goal of any game, above every other goal.

I enjoy taking part in these discussions but I will no longer put effort into giving NQ suggestions or ideas until I see an earnest effort on their part to communicate with the community.  Token gestures like tours and contests are just that, tokens.  I pour love and imagination in and only get tokens out?  What could possibly go wrong?

That said, I don't buy the market balance excuse.  If market balance was a priority then NQ would not leave any room for doubt about potential insider dealing leading to imbalance.  If anything, this was the minimum requirement or least effort attempt to pad a failed game loop.

1 hour ago, Wyndle said:

I enjoy taking part in these discussions but I will no longer put effort into giving NQ suggestions or ideas until I see an earnest effort on their part to communicate with the community.

Welcome to the club, some of us has been members for years by now.

7 hours ago, Jinxed said:

Wrecks could contain exclusive ornaments, trinkets and decorations and other things which have tangible value but don't destroy the basic market (or whatever sad excuse for a market exists right now.) <snip>
In three years a few of us got a fireplace, two wall decorations, a set of stone chairs and a "weather thing". And an XS space fuel tank.

We need more toilets obviously.

1 hour ago, Rokkur said:

Golden toilet skins for $60 USD will save game, everyone will buy, the flood of customers will come.

Pffft.  I'm charging 0.005 BTC.  Some customers don't want to touch USD, even digitally.

1 hour ago, Wyndle said:

Pffft.  I'm charging 0.005 BTC.  Some customers don't want to touch USD, even digitally.

So you pay all your bills in fractional BTC? or do you just hand them 1oz silver bars to pay for your tab? :)
Also before someone jumps in and says how unproductive this off topic chat is... notice we are having pleasant convo.
Remember fun, do you remember what fun is? lol

Cause I do think we could stand to loosen up a bit on some things lest we strive for a very potent and concise dead forum.

Edited by Rokkur

Just now, Rokkur said:

So you pay all your bills in fractional BTC? or do you just hand them 1oz silver bars to pay for your tab? :)

Pay bills direct from BTC?  If only.  Transacting between individuals on the internet, absolutely.

Most people who can cognize what a 1oz silver bar really is would not be working in a role to receive physical payment for a tab.  Plus, I wouldn't want to flash something of value when a small square of petro based, petro backed plastic is preferred by them.  :)

Or I could take it a little more serious and write an essay.  B)