BUILD YOUR LEGACY NOW - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

Hi there i got some Questions about the contest i Build my Own Starting Core and Compacted ship 2 weeks ago and now i have to look if i can fit it in the Contest rules 

• Question 1           Honeycomb  400-700 m3 tier 1 (max 10 m3 of luminescent) tier 2 material accents tolerated.  So my construct should have only 700m³ of Honeycombs My actually Build has close over 2k of Honeycomb but actually have a big Underground flooring if i cut out most of the underground Hc´s it still have close around 1k of HC and that would be then still too much ?

• Question 2          Floor above the ground (raised foundation, stilts) .Does it means it should easy to place with not much Honeycomb underground so that the beginners don´t mess up with the Placement of the Construct ?

• Question 3         Total commercial value can’t exceed 1,200,000 h . Ok How we should know that value so just for example only 1-3 Basic Atmospheric Engine and not so expensive Stuff ( No Bonsai Trees ) just the normal T1 elements like Chairs Sofa´s and XS / S Lights and Screens ? 

• Question 4         What if we build Television/Movie Stuff and got no rights from Sony or Paramount will it be a problem for the Contest Building maybe then only for selling BP´s after release ( Picture added) Construct can be found at VR " Ghostbusters HQ " and a dynamic copy is parked now at the Exchange 😉 for Visitors open.

Kind regards 

Corgan7

701285553_Screenshot(117).png

1414200150_Screenshot(118).png

47 minutes ago, TabYan said:

Hello, for this contest we can use already done BP's or we have to start from scratch using only the material in the dispensers and no BP ???

Looking at the submission form they want a construct name.  From that they will not be able to tell if you placed a BP or constructed from scratch (without looking at server logs).  The contest has a long span to allow for fresh construction but it does not appear to be a hard requirement.

1 hour ago, Corgan7 said:

Hi there i got some Questions about the contest i Build my Own Starting Core and Compacted ship 2 weeks ago and now i have to look if i can fit it in the Contest rules 

• Question 1           Honeycomb  400-700 m3 tier 1 (max 10 m3 of luminescent) tier 2 material accents tolerated.  So my construct should have only 700m³ of Honeycombs My actually Build has close over 2k of Honeycomb but actually have a big Underground flooring if i cut out most of the underground Hc´s it still have close around 1k of HC and that would be then still too much ?

• Question 2          Floor above the ground (raised foundation, stilts) .Does it means it should easy to place with not much Honeycomb underground so that the beginners don´t mess up with the Placement of the Construct ?

• Question 3         Total commercial value can’t exceed 1,200,000 h . Ok How we should know that value so just for example only 1-3 Basic Atmospheric Engine and not so expensive Stuff ( No Bonsai Trees ) just the normal T1 elements like Chairs Sofa´s and XS / S Lights and Screens ? 

• Question 4         What if we build Television/Movie Stuff and got no rights from Sony or Paramount will it be a problem for the Contest Building maybe then only for selling BP´s after release ( Picture added) Construct can be found at VR " Ghostbusters HQ " and a dynamic copy is parked now at the Exchange 😉 for Visitors open.

If you have not already looked at the existing FTUE outposts and speeders they have been set up in VR (search for "samples").

Question 1:  They provided a guideline so they may be willing to flex some.  I doubt they'll flex more than 15% (~805 m3) though.

Question 2:  Exactly.

Question 3:  Look at what they made as a guide.

Question 4:  From page 2 of the submission form:  "I confirm that the contest entry construct does not infringe on any third party intellectual property."

That with Question 4 i had expected in some way ( just not filled out the submission fully to reach Page 2 but such things maybe can pinned to the contest rules directly )  so then its only for  selling this Blueprint Set after Release because im sure NQ don´t want to buy Movie Rights 😉 for the Game. But it was in first like i said designed for be my own Restart Base Building for Alioth. Or just need to build a different Building and Ship with no  "Infringe on any third party intellectual property" . 😜 

If we do not meet some requirement, will we be given an opportunity to make alterations?  As exampled above what is our construct have more honeycomb allowed or we don't know if we have topped over the 1,200,000 quanta cap, will we be told we have some grace period to make alterations?

1 hour ago, StarWuz said:

Are we allowed to only use the mats granted from the dispensers ?

Honeycomb that can be crafted in your nanopack and a few smaller decorative elements may be acceptable.  Don't put too much material into the construct.  

Questions that are still as of yet unanswered or possibly need more expansion of an answer:

1 - Will NQ Display the contest entries so that we can see them all?

2 - How many entries per person are allowed?

3 - If we fail to meet a requirement, will we be given the opportunity to fix the issue? 

3a. - How will we know what (if any) requirement we have not met or exceeded?

Thanks,

Armand

20 minutes ago, Daemortia said:

1 - How do we setup a screen as a "Personal objective screen"?

To setup a personal objective screen just right click a deployed screen unit, select edit content, and copy and paste the attached code. Note I think you will need to be logged in to the forums to download. 

Personal_Objectives_Screen.txt

On 9/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, Armand said:

1 - Will NQ Display the contest entries so that we can see them all?

2 - How many entries per person are allowed?

3 - If we fail to meet a requirement, will we be given the opportunity to fix the issue? 

3a. - How will we know what (if any) requirement we have not met or exceeded?

Hey there! 

1. Yes, that's the plan. :)
2. You can enter as many times as you wish, but please make sure you meet the requirements and that the information you submit is correct.
3. Yes! If for example, you realize that after you submitted your entry you made a mistake, you're welcome to make modifications on it. We will be reviewing all entries that didn't meet requirements to see if any changes have been made. If you feel you made an error with your entry form (name of your speeder for example), then please submit it again just to make sure we have the correct info. 
3a. This part is on the player to make sure their entry meets requirements, so check it twice or even thrice before submitting your entry.

Good luck! :)

19 hours ago, Daemortia said:

2 - How do we see the "Commercial value" of our constructs?

Thats tricky.  Some of us used du-craft.net but I don't know how accurate that is, adjusted ore prices.

I'm fairly certain mine will pass but may have exceeded the value portion.  We'll see when they display them all if it is there or not I guess.

Edited by Armand

16 hours ago, Daemortia said:

"Basic xs/s ship parts bundle" - Is this just a collection of elements for an xs/s ship? Or is there something specific?

Hi Daemortia, the xs/s ship parts bundle includes this:

1 Small engine
2 XS stabilizer
1 XS aileron
4 XS adjuster
1 Small atmos break
2 Small adjustor

I hope that helps! :)

If you would like to see all of the entries that have been reviewed and confirmed to meet the requirements, please head over to the display pad near The Exchange located here:  ::pos{0,2,24.7408,98.9652,211.5700}

If you do not see your entry on display, it is possible that we have not reviewed it yet, but please make sure to review the requirements listed above and make the changes needed to be eligible. Thank you!

1 hour ago, NQ-Nyota said:

If you would like to see all of the entries that have been reviewed and confirmed to meet the requirements, please head over to the display pad near The Exchange located here:  ::pos{0,2,24.7408,98.9652,211.5700}

If you do not see your entry on display, it is possible that we have not reviewed it yet, but please make sure to review the requirements listed above and make the changes needed to be eligible. Thank you!

Is there a VR setup?  I am currently 8596 su from Alioth.