Jump to content

Colored icons in PVP


 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, can we have different colors on dynamic construct in PVP?

By priority order:
NQ Staff > Green (like actually)
icon_dynamic_construct4.png
Transponder match, not a NQ Staff > Blue
icon_dynamic_construct.png
Transponder didn't match BUT pilot is in friendlist/orgs and not a NQ Staff > White
icon_dynamic_construct3.png
Transponder didn't match, not in friendlist/orgs and not a NQ Staff > Red
icon_dynamic_construct2.png

It's the first MMO where I can't clearly see my ennemies/allies, I take 2 minutes for color them on GIMP, with 5 minutes you can have a nice icon for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Underhand Aerial said:

Oh, you mean like what they showed us in the PVP Trailer years ago? :D


Yep :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

Hi, can we have different colors on dynamic construct in PVP?

By priority order:
NQ Staff > Green (like actually)
icon_dynamic_construct4.png
Transponder match, not a NQ Staff > Blue
icon_dynamic_construct.png
Transponder didn't match BUT pilot is in friendlist/orgs and not a NQ Staff > White
icon_dynamic_construct3.png
Transponder didn't match, not in friendlist/orgs and not a NQ Staff > Red
icon_dynamic_construct2.png

It's the first MMO where I can't clearly see my ennemies/allies, I take 2 minutes for color them on GIMP, with 5 minutes you can have a nice icon for sure.


 

Thanks to you we got a radar update.
 

Cheer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Radar identifier could easily just be a colored inicator for whatever construct..

Adding a transponder woudl be nice, but  generally woudl mean work NQ probably has no time/resources for.

 

It would be much easier to use a standing system (set manually in the org list), with basic colors but also an option to set these to custom values (to support colorblind people!)

 

RED - Hostile

BLUE - Not Set

GREEN - Friendly

GRAY - No Owner

DOT - dynamic

SQUARE - static

TRIANGLE - player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wanna show how it could be easy to add this 4 icons, they already add the function to see your friends/orgs mate when you mouse over a core, they already add another color on icons for dynamic constructs with the green version of it and they show red and blue icons in a promotional video… Imho devs lost more time with the obstruction of radar than with this needed implementation.

 

They can obviously dev something better than what I propose but I just want it, even if they use the simpliest one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do you sort out a friend from a game design prospective? 

 

Pilots, ships, and orgs can all be intermixed. Pilots can get out of seat and trade with another pilot. Many many edge cases here. Makes sense to say friendly but how is that done? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Endstar said:

How do you sort out a friend from a game design prospective? 

 

Pilots, ships, and orgs can all be intermixed. Pilots can get out of seat and trade with another pilot. Many many edge cases here. Makes sense to say friendly but how is that done? 

 

This will always be the owner of the ship.
 

If your friend starts lending ships to people who are unfriendly towards you then they are not your friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

 

This will always be the owner of the ship.
 

If your friend starts lending ships to people who are unfriendly towards you then they are not your friend.

 

So what if a org ship? How would you friend a org? This seems like another game system or two would need to be added to simply color stuff. I very much want a FoE system just know it is much more than color changes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For now, without asking for dev' a better friendlist/contact who take care of orgs and co, we can just focus on a color link to the pilot. It's basic but that works without too much effort/time.

But yeah, in the future we need a more developed system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...