Jump to content

LEGION has won DU


Turing
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hirnsausen said:

If you build armed ships "because of the pirates", then use these armed ships against the pirates. Not against normal, nice people. I believe strongly, you do not speak the truth.

And who are you convincing? Bro, there is no conservatism at all in our playerbase. With no conservatism, you could not correct him as we don't have any social standards. Nobody to gain political support from! What is politically correct is what the majority agrees, and sadly the majority are discultural! 

 

They will buy FREMMs and claim it's for anti-piracy on the commissioning ceremony and they will expend it's armaments pirating the seas and they don't need to save any face to a discultural society that we have!

 

This is one of the problem you will get on a free-for-all completely player-driven group-based MMO as this one! There is no order and we can't put ourselves to order at all! I now tried a game like that and I now know how it doesn't work! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 8:35 AM, Draqolas said:

No it's PVE game with added PVP mechanics.
Remove PVP period.
You can't tell me that Eve online combat mechanics are appropriate for spacesim like DU.
It's just stupid from NQ to adapt that kind of combat in game like this.
Remove freaking pvp untill they decide to actually spend time on adding it properly.
I just want to go and mine in peace on asteroids, and i don't want to give a crap about grievers.
Want pvp game go play apex or pubg or other game with pvp as main focus.
Prove me i'm wrong but if u spend 99% of ur time on doing pve just to do 1% of ur time pvp, then something is wrong with ur game.

 

10 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

If you build armed ships "because of the pirates", then use these armed ships against the pirates. Not against normal, nice people. I believe strongly, you do not speak the truth.

Wrong, little friend from outer space. Wrong. DU is not a PVP game. The PVP was just added despite that the core of the game was not about PVP. hat is why PVP is not optimized.


 

You are completely wrong about PvP.
 

And if you don't understand that and don't want to respect the safes zones: you can quit the game. It doesn't seem like it's right game for you.
 

And when we look at the game's kickstarter announcement :

" Safe Zones will protect you, and avoid Dual Universe to become a free for all PvP game. However, PvP will be possible when you step out of the Safe Zone. Players will be able to fight each other, balancing their equipment and energy between shield and armor, with dedicated weapon type with different types of damage. We will provide a “lock & fire” mechanism to combat, to facilitate very large battles that are made possible in-game by our Continuous Single-Shard Cluster. Players can further specialize into certain weapons through skills and improve their combat prowess with better equipment. "
 



The game has been exactly as advertised for several years now .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dual universe is first and foremost a sandbox game with content that players can determine themselves. To this end, more and more content is now being specified or restricted by NQ.
In the game itself, I recognise many different types of players who cannot always be pigeonholed, as there are many shades of grey and not just simple black and white effects.

What I can say from the surveys I have done so far in Discord is that the number of players in the pigeonholes varies. So my assessment:
80% of the players are PvE interested players who just want to build and have fun in the game, no matter if solo or in a community, no matter if it's industrial plants, voxelmancy, simple or complicated constructions, ships,.....in this 80% there are also about 25% players who support an ordered PvP, that is defined PvP areas that you can enter even if you "feel like it" yourself and not if you are forced to participate. (Comparable to World of Warcraft = battlegrounds and arenas).


20% are PvP players who like to fight, it doesn't seem to matter if it's good versus evil, pirates versus everyone else or other fairy tales. These are of course also divided into different categories, (with PvP zones or those who would prefer to dissolve all safe zones in order to turn DualUniverse into a gigantic theatre of war). 

At the moment, NQ is focusing on putting a lot of PvP content into the game, which may be a thorn in the side for some players, but is certainly important for a small part of the player community, as we want to serve every pigeonhole and make everyone happy. So NQ will also deal with more PvE content later on - everything at the same time will not work.

What we players can do is show NQ together what content in Dual Universe is wanted by how many players and is reflected accordingly in the game. Apparently a PvE to PvP ratio of 80 to 20 of players doesn't seem to be in line with a player world of 20%Safezone to 80%PvPzone. So the 80% of PvE players here should ask NQ to balance the ratio of PvE to PvP content.

 

We should understand one thing as a community of players, no matter what interest we pursue in the game: Calling each other names doesn't help any of us, because new players are put off by a toxic community.
As far as behaviour and actions in the game are concerned, especially aggressive players should know that toxic behaviour will lead to players leaving the game and soon there will be no game anymore, because the small group of toxic players will not be enough to keep this game alive financially.
PvP can and should certainly take place, but at the moment it makes no sense to shoot and rob everything and everyone who wants to help build the game. This only frustrates players and they leave the game, so in the end everyone has lost.

Therefore, I have a request. Play together, stay friendly and above all human. I think we all want DualUniverse to be successful, and we players play a big part in that.



Translated with translator, no guarantee of meaningful translation.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Zarcata said:

Dual universe is first and foremost a sandbox game with content that players can determine themselves. To this end, more and more content is now being specified or restricted by NQ.
In the game itself, I recognise many different types of players who cannot always be pigeonholed, as there are many shades of grey and not just simple black and white effects.

What I can say from the surveys I have done so far in Discord is that the number of players in the pigeonholes varies. So my assessment:
80% of the players are PvE interested players who just want to build and have fun in the game, no matter if solo or in a community, no matter if it's industrial plants, voxelmancy, simple or complicated constructions, ships,.....in this 80% there are also about 25% players who support an ordered PvP, that is defined PvP areas that you can enter even if you "feel like it" yourself and not if you are forced to participate. (Comparable to World of Warcraft = battlegrounds and arenas).


20% are PvP players who like to fight, it doesn't seem to matter if it's good versus evil, pirates versus everyone else or other fairy tales. These are of course also divided into different categories, (with PvP zones or those who would prefer to dissolve all safe zones in order to turn DualUniverse into a gigantic theatre of war). 

At the moment, NQ is focusing on putting a lot of PvP content into the game, which may be a thorn in the side for some players, but is certainly important for a small part of the player community, as we want to serve every pigeonhole and make everyone happy. So NQ will also deal with more PvE content later on - everything at the same time will not work.

What we players can do is show NQ together what content in Dual Universe is wanted by how many players and is reflected accordingly in the game. Apparently a PvE to PvP ratio of 80 to 20 of players doesn't seem to be in line with a player world of 20%Safezone to 80%PvPzone. So the 80% of PvE players here should ask NQ to balance the ratio of PvE to PvP content.

 

We should understand one thing as a community of players, no matter what interest we pursue in the game: Calling each other names doesn't help any of us, because new players are put off by a toxic community.
As far as behaviour and actions in the game are concerned, especially aggressive players should know that toxic behaviour will lead to players leaving the game and soon there will be no game anymore, because the small group of toxic players will not be enough to keep this game alive financially.
PvP can and should certainly take place, but at the moment it makes no sense to shoot and rob everything and everyone who wants to help build the game. This only frustrates players and they leave the game, so in the end everyone has lost.

Therefore, I have a request. Play together, stay friendly and above all human. I think we all want DualUniverse to be successful, and we players play a big part in that.



Translated with translator, no guarantee of meaningful translation.  

No it's 80% PvP player and 20% only PvE player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the problem as we see with Knight_Sevy's latest posting: PVP guys always think, each and every game is made just for them. Destruction and weird behavior everywhere. Even the headline of this thread shows, how much PVP guys consider this game as be be made just for them: "Legion has Won DU".

But that is not so. It is not that 80% of all DU players are PVP players. It is, indeed, that the real amount is 20%.  But these 20% want to claim all 100% of the T3 to T5 resources for themselves.
I am so tired of their Somali Pirate mentality.

PVP has nothing to do with any "right to take things away from others". I stand by my proposal: Only on armed ships it can be fired upon. If a ship is armed, that means the owner or crew wants to participate in PVP. I understand, that our strong, rough PVP "heros" are too afraid to attack armed ships only as that could mean a strong response and even loss of the own ship. But is that not what PVP is about? Destruction and loss? So, let 'em kill each other so they have their weird fun. But also, fill the Unsafe Zone with other dangerous challenges so it is not just weird PVP alone that can endanger ship and life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Here is the problem as we see with Knight_Sevy's latest posting: PVP guys always think, each and every game is made just for them. Destruction and weird behavior everywhere. Even the headline of this thread shows, how much PVP guys consider this game as be be made just for them: "Legion has Won DU".

But that is not so. It is not that 80% of all DU players are PVP players. It is, indeed, that the real amount is 20%.  But these 20% want to claim all 100% of the T3 to T5 resources for themselves.
I am so tired with their Somali Pirate mentality.

PVP has nothing to do with any "right to take things away from others". I stand by my proposal: Only on armed ships it can be fired upon. If a ship is armed, that means the owner or crew wants to participate in PVP. I understand, that our strong, rough PVP "heros" are too afraid to attack armed ships only as that could mean a strong response and even loss of the own ship. But is that not what PVP is about? Destruction and loss? So, let 'em kill each other so they have their weird fun. But also, fill the Unsafe Zone with other dangerous challenges so it is not just weird PVP alone that can endanger ship and life.


 

No.
 

We regularly play in PvP in groups of 30 to 50 people against another group of the same number of players.
 

I have never seen more than 2 PvE players logged in at the same location.
 

So maybe 90% PvP player versus 10% PvE player.
 

Anyway, given what the PvP community brings to the game. The existence and value of having 100 PvE communication is very limited. PvE is useless for the future of the game. PvP already fulfills all the roles.
 

Be happy with your safe zone and don't disturb us for the real game you don't seem to be playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is not that we normal players would disturb you PVP guys. It is, that you PVP guys disturb us any time we venture out to harvest T3 to T5 ore. Our vessels are unarmed, Mr. Somali Pirate. Yet, you dare to disturb us, to attack us, to destroy our unarmed ships and kill us.

YOU PVP guys are the disturbance. Your way of thinking and acrting is the problem. As I say, a real Somali Piratte by nature. Legion and other PVP orgs are just nothign better than ingame Somali Pirates. Thrash of the society, or here the digital society. I am just speaking out loudly what most normal humans think. We have many discussions about Legion and other PVP groups. here is just no "love" for you and your sort. Somali pirates are the bottom of the society.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

It is not that we normal players would disturb you PVP guys. It is, that you PVP guys disturb us any time we venture out to harvest T3 to T5 ore. Our vessels are unarmed, Mr. Somali Pirate. Yet, you dare to disturb us, to attack us, to destroy our unarmed ships and kill us.

YOU PVP guys are the disturbance. Your way of thinking and acrting is the problem. As I say, a real Somali Piratte by nature. Legion and other PVP orgs are just nothign better than ingame Somali Pirates. Thrash of the society, or here the digital society. I am just speaking out loudly what most normal humans think. We have many discussions about Legion and other PVP groups. here is just no "love" for you and your sort. Somali pirates are the bottom of the society.

You don't have to come to the PvP area unarmed.

This PvP area is for PvP players.
And these areas will be bigger and bigger in the future.

The planets in the Outer Rim will also become PvP as intended by the game from the start.

You want to come to the PvP zone without respecting the rules, if you are unarmed it is YOUR problem.

Many players play by these rules of the game. It is not because you alone do not want it that it is the opinion of the community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not a friend of that Somali Pirate way of looking at the things. No, PVP needs to be changed - only armed ships can be attacked. What is wrong with that? You get your destruction and killing, while unarmed ships can venture into dangers of other kinds. It is not you who makes the rules.

You can do as much PVP as you wish, as long as you do not harm players that do not wish to be attacked., who are going just for specoial ore that is in this area. So, if you're hero enough, brave enough, attack your kind. Too much challenge? Afraid of losing your ship? 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Hirnsausen

I agree with many aspects you mention, but don't waste time on this guy.
He's not the type of person that listens to anyone but himself.

I do not like the fact that we have a PVE game with a game build clearly over mining and industry to force us to go into PVP zone in order to get t3+ materials.
I do get that NQ is trying to satisfy ever complaining "PVPers" about lack of content.
But instead of giving the PVP area, they made grieving area, because it's more than logical if you put valuable ores in one zone, then the person that comes here comes for valuable ore(OMG surprise right!) with a mining ship and not a pvp ship to fight everyone else around it.
Another sad thing is that asteroids are dominated by 1 group because it's logical, there is high risk and low reward(comparing to the price of average M or L core ship) so there is no point in even trying to solo.

I'm just very disappointed that NQ refuses to react and take logical countermeasures to prevent the situation.
It's bad for everyone but legion, and it's bad for the game and for NQ because people are angry about it.

They took alot of aspects from EVE but failed to provide with even a single countermeasure against hostile ships for non pvp players.
I say change combat timers.
Allow people who don't engage in pvp to warp away anytime they want.
And disallow warping for people who engage in pvp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

You can do as much PVP as you wish, as long as you do not harm players that do not wish to be attacked

then stay in the safezone, that's what DU always advertised and that was the plan all along, since the kickstarter.

 

 

all i hear here is "mimimimimimi they changed DU from being PVE/building/whatever centric to pvp centric"....which, you know, is fake news

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lethys said:

then stay in the safezone, that's what DU always advertised and that was the plan all along, since the kickstarter.

 

 

all i hear here is "mimimimimimi they changed DU from being PVE/building/whatever centric to pvp centric"....which, you know, is fake news

 


 

Dual Universe is an innovative Sci-Fi sandbox MMORPG defined by:

One centralized and unique persistent universe shared by everyone at the same time. No instances, no zones, no transitions.

Everything in the game is player-made: ships, cities, orbital stations,... with no limit in size. The world is fully editable.

Emergent gameplay: economy, trade, territories, politics and warfare are all player-driven. Both PvP and non-PvP will be possible.

In Dual Universe, you can for example:

->Build a giant space station the size of a moon with your friends

->Create an intergalactic political Empire 

->Gather along with thousands of others in player-made cities

->Get hundreds of players inside space exploring ships

->Mass-produce your custom designed ships to sell them in-game

->Become a trader, a logistician or an industrialist

->Program complex behaviors for your constructions

->Live in a secret base 1km underground on a remote moon

->Make a name as a spaceship designer or outpost architect

In other words, in Dual Universe, you can invent a new life for yourself in a world without limits, where almost anything is possible. We aim to make a massively multiplayer roleplaying sandbox on PC like never seen before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

It is not that we normal players would disturb you PVP guys. It is, that you PVP guys disturb us any time we venture out to harvest T3 to T5 ore. Our vessels are unarmed, Mr. Somali Pirate. Yet, you dare to disturb us, to attack us, to destroy our unarmed ships and kill us.

YOU PVP guys are the disturbance. Your way of thinking and acrting is the problem. As I say, a real Somali Piratte by nature. Legion and other PVP orgs are just nothign better than ingame Somali Pirates. Thrash of the society, or here the digital society. I am just speaking out loudly what most normal humans think. We have many discussions about Legion and other PVP groups. here is just no "love" for you and your sort. Somali pirates are the bottom of the society.

Did I actually read this correct? 😂😂 Some people’s logic is beyond me.

 

Maybe as a community we should change the terminology so people get the basics of the game. These higher tier asteroids are in contested territory. If you go in to contested territory where people fight for what is there by design of the game that’s on you and your own choices. The only person you have any right to complain too if you suffer a loss is yourself. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

congrats, you quoted it even yourself. well done!

I am already aware that you can play PvP as well as PvE in DualUniverse - but you don't have to. However, on the basis of the examples given in the Kickstarter content, you can also see the focus on which value is placed, there you can read many examples, although not completely listed, but PvP is not mentioned there.

 

Quote
  • PvE->Baue mit deinen Freunden eine riesige Raumstation von der Größe eines Mondes
  • PvE/(P)->Erschaffe ein intergalaktisches politisches Imperium
  • PvE->Versammeln Sie sich zusammen mit Tausenden von anderen in von Spielern geschaffenen Städten
  • PvE->Holen Sie sich Hunderte von Spielern in den Weltraum, um Schiffe zu erkunden
  • PvE->Produzieren Sie Ihre maßgeschneiderten Schiffe in Serie, um sie im Spiel zu verkaufen
  • PvE->Werden Sie Kaufmann, Logistiker oder Industrieller
  • PvE->Komplexe Verhaltensweisen für Ihre Konstruktionen programmieren
  • PvE->Lebe in einer geheimen Basis 1 km unter der Erde auf einem abgelegenen Mond
  • PvE->Machen Sie sich einen Namen als Raumschiffdesigner oder Außenpostenarchitekt

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

I am already aware that you can play PvP as well as PvE in DualUniverse - but you don't have to. However, on the basis of the examples given in the Kickstarter content, you can also see the focus on which value is placed, there you can read many examples, although not completely listed, but PvP is not mentioned there.

sure, but this is about fake news and DU being a PVE game "as always advertised"...which clearly is false. it was always a PVP game with a safezone. nothing to argue there. it's even written right there from what you quoted.

 

and only because they did building stuff first, doesnt mean PVP is not a pillar. it just means that it's better to have building and the basics like crafting/trading in a game FIRST and top it off with PVP LATER. because it makes sense to first be able to build something and then kill it. not the other way around

 

besides, later they did this:

pillars.png

 

also, your list doesnt make any sense. everything there can be done with pvp in mind too, it makes even MORE sense because it actually means something when you have to use your brain and gamemechanics to evade other ppl instead of just claiming a tile and build something there in 100% safety which has no purpose other than "ohhhhhhhh shiny!" and maybe storage room. if you live in the pvp zone, it needs an actual use....defense and such

 

Edited by Lethys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fact is, people who draw fun in destroying other people's things, are incredibly weird. Weirdos. Freaks. On the same low level like Somali pirates. I don't want to have anything to do with such folk. All they can do is to hijack any game and try to make it to their own like, to the disadvantage of normal humans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Someone who enjoys destroying things, IS weird. Doesn't matter how you destroy things, only THAT you destroy things, Mr. Somali Pirate.

Someone who enjoys building things, IS weird. Doesn't matter how you build things, only THAT you destroy things, Mr. Sheep

 

You do know this is a game, right? You do realize that some "normal" ppl enjoy killing things in games right? You do realize that this doesn't mean they're "weird" or "abnormal" or "freaks" or anything else, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Did you not enjoy building your ship(s)..?

nope. not a single bit. It's boring, tedious and VERY annoying to me

 

7 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Do you enjoy losing your ship and game character life?

yes. because that means I get entertainment. And sometimes I don't lose my ship but kill someone else. It's hilarious, fun, engaging and exciting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lethys said:

nope. not a single bit. It's boring, tedious and VERY annoying to me

 

yes. because that means I get entertainment. And sometimes I don't lose my ship but kill someone else. It's hilarious, fun, engaging and exciting

Wouldn't it make more sense to play StarCitizen doer Eve then? There the focus is more on PvP and the ships themselves are already finished, you just have to equip them depending on the situation and that's it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zarcata said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to play StarCitizen doer Eve then? There the focus is more on PvP and the ships themselves are already finished, you just have to equip them depending on the situation and that's it.

did that for 12 years, done with it

 

DU promised similar experience to eve (didn't deliver so far)

 

With the lifetime sub i have time. no need to play now, skills are training for 900 days, no need to play if it doesn't suit me. Won't lose anything if skills are running

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...