Do you still buy games at full price?

Carl10

The last time I bought a game at full price was when I bought Street Fighter V. This is because fighting games need online competition and you know they have online communities at launch.

But then again, I don't usually go for AAA games.

Other than that, I really don't buy games at full price. At least not at the $60 price range. Everything under maybe $20, I'll consider it. Everything at like $5 and under, I have a strong consideration.

Depends on the game. For AAA-games i like to wait a year and get it on a sale.. I prefer to buy the game with season pass for 20-30 €.

But there are some games i have to preorder for the full price.. The Settlers... Age of Empires...  My nostalgic feelings.. xD

Yep, sometimes I put games on my wishlist and only buy them when they go on sale if I already have enough games to play and don't need it now, but if I'm anticipating a game I want to play then I easily pay full price.

On 6/27/2021 at 12:26 AM, Underhand Aerial said:

But there are some games i have to preorder for the full price.. The Settlers...

Feels like forever waiting for the latest Settlers!

I buy them when I am ready to play a new game, full or discounted price doesn’t really come in to the equation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, sometimes not 

On 6/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, CoyoteNZ said:

I buy them when I am ready to play a new game, full or discounted price doesn’t really come in to the equation. 

This - fortunate enough to have a job where I don't have to care. I also tend to get hundreds of hours out of games I like so I don't actually buy that often either.

• 4 months later...

Usually I look for cheaper cdd-key when it comes to Steam games. I only keep an Epic games account for free games (for example I got Total War: Troy for free). If there's a game I can't wait like Total War: Warhammer - then I will buy it on or right after release. However, I never buy a pre-order

My favorite thing is games for free - I think it's a fair price - Path of Exile for example

• 4 months later...

I generally do a lot of Humble Bundles, Humble Monthly, Humble Store,  Steam Sales, etc.

I generally don't buy at full price, with some exceptions. Bought Dune: Spice War for full price -20% due to Humble Monthly + Humble Store, the same thing with Warhammer: Total War III...

I sometimes buy games from indie and small game companies just to support them. Usually no time to play them all, but I like to support people and companies who "does the right thing".

yeah i still buy games at full price, if it's something i've had my eye on.  I generally try to avoid all the seasonal sales. I used to end up with 40 discounted games i think i might play ( fat middle finger to steam sales lol ) eventually and never did.  There's really no point, i barelly have time enough to finish 10-15 games per year these days. 

- I wishlist or wait for a full year to see the reviews.
- Then I buy them on discount around seasonal sails.
- My wishlist is limited to 10 titles.

I will probably buy Starfield on sale even, but will probably still pay $39.95 during one of it's discounts.

I no longer buy anything "full price" as usually the discounted price was the intended target price for the company on any product, then they added 20-30%+ to the price and then discount it to make it appear like they are giving you a good deal and can tap into FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).

After having completed my Digital Marketing degree last year, I have learned there are SO MANY predatory marketing practices used by companies to get us to spend money.

If I buy something full price it is a tool for my business, or something I can use to generate income, or that will last me 20-30 years (like my ruck pack).

• 1 month later...

When I buy games that interest me, I usually buy the deluxe version right away. The only exceptions are the games that I buy out of boredom as a stopgap, because nothing interesting is currently on the market. As an example:
DualUniverse is currently boring and I need to bridge the time until its release. So I buy a cheap digital version of a WorldofWarcraft addon. Pure occupation. Then I decide if DualUniverse is worth it or if I'd rather go for Starfield. But hey, it's summer anyway and I'm in the pool 🏊‍♂️all day. 

It really depends... I still buy games fullprice from time as well as I still torrent them from time to time. The former is getting rare the latter even rarer, but it still happens. Realistically tho with all the free game we be getting today, and all the games I allready own, and the console stuff too (I got like an everdrive for every relevant retro console, because I was able to scoop them up for free or next to free)...

With all that I will think thrice, long and hard, before spending any kind of money on games.

Last full price was cyberpunk.

Last expense were all the dlc for borderlands 3, since they were in sale and I got the game for free on epic.

Last thing I stole was some gog port of something I own on cd.

And the next game I'm going to buy full price is vampire bloodlines 2.

Edit: oh and these steam summer sales, I took a thorough look at my wishlist went like yup these look cool but I don't want any of them RIGHT NOW or soon, and bought nothing... TBH I had a harder time not buying some dlc for total warhammer when they had their sale.