One of the Worst Support Teams Ever, and That's saying something

Kyllian

I really wanted to avoid putting this up here, but alas here I am a week later with an unanswered support ticket and lack of any faith whatsoever in NQ's ability to actually solve anything.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen! I have had a support ticket in for an issue that has prevented me from even launching the game and was looking for assistance from them, as it is only their product that is acting like this. Yet, like I said, here I stand a week a later without even a single communication from NQ acknowledging that they have even LOOKED at the ticket. I work as  an IT support technician , and I can say most people in this industry would lose their jobs for not even bothering trying to reach out with a simple "We are looking into this" or "Thanks, we will start looking into this."

Proof that I'm not just ranting:

8660d534953cc9ee555d8bb62da47998.png 

I have never ran into a support team who has blatantly refused any form of communication with the end user, and it's down right awful when it comes to company image. Do not try and tell me "well their ticketing system is busy" or "they don't have enough people to handle the tickets," It takes two seconds to type "We are looking into this issue."

Nobody loses their job because of a long running or badly managed ticket. Honestly I hate those default "We look into it" answers and then pending the ticket. I rather want the ticket time to tick so it's transparent to the management that the team is understaffed and needs more investment. But I totally get your frustration as well. We will have to continue to be patient for couple of weeks I guess. Also player numbers will shrink alot during that time. Win/Win.

1 minute ago, Mercutio said:

Nobody loses their job because of a long running or badly managed ticket. Honestly I hate those default "We look into it" answers and then pending the ticket. I rather want the ticket time to tick so it's transparent to the management that the team is understaffed and needs more investment. But I totally get your frustration as well. We will have to continue to be patient for couple of weeks I guess. Also player numbers will shrink alot during that time. Win/Win.

7 Days for an outstanding ticket is absurd and horrible support for the community, there is no reasonable excuse for this.

7 minutes ago, klobber said:

perhaps your ticket is absurd, sry, but if you have a very exotic, cannot launch the game problem, then it might be

hard to put resources into your special problem. most people can launch the game.

This is the most absurd answer I have ever seen, typically one who doesnt understand or work in the support industry at all. I am not even looking so much for a solution at this point, just a simple line of communication. Which has still failed to have been established. 

They said reinforcements are coming. Maybe Gary, Terry and all those ppl who usually always respond within a reasonable time frame are now instructing these reinforcements and ignore the pile of tickets that they'd be unable to address anyways?

But I know that's no excuse. Even if the above is somewhat plausible, this should be indicated by an automatic response. I got the feeling they've been completely overwhelmed after beta launch. Again, we could point alot of fingers here, but it doesn't help or solve anything.

It does say as an omnipresent announcement "Due to large contact volumes, response time for tickets might currently be longer than usual." ... which feels a bit like an understatement, hehe. But I think it's safe to expect things to improve soon™. Alas, everyone will consider soon™ to be different. So yeah... it's done when it's done, I guess.

Please don't give up hope. I'm sure your case will be eligible for a free subscription time extension due to this, as they announced on Discord some days ago :)

7 hours ago, Kyllian said:

Would just like to update everyone, its been 11 days and still not a single response from the support team on my ticket. It is exceptionally absurd.

Well, what is the ticket for? Maybe if you give some context to your thread, you wouldn’t be getting responses like the ones above?

also keep in mind there are thousands and thousands of tickets clogging the ticket system right now, with 90% been bs tickets and most likely 1 person sorting that mess. Be patient.

1 hour ago, Iorail said:

Well, what is the ticket for? Maybe if you give some context to your thread, you wouldn’t be getting responses like the ones above?

also keep in mind there are thousands and thousands of tickets clogging the ticket system right now, with 90% been bs tickets and most likely 1 person sorting that mess. Be patient.

Whilst I have previously opened a forum thread regarding the issue I was having and with little to no result, as well as hitting up the help/troubleshoot on discord with no result, I guess I shall indulge you.

879b22351e8adb8cead81934a343ffce.png

EDITED: Okay, i just saw your Answer... I removed the original post because i was stupid xD...

Thats weird at all. I have the same Problem when i do not start the Launcher as Admin.

But for me it works fine when i right click and Run as Admin...

2 hours ago, LouHodo said:

I have had the opposite interaction with them.  But I also am a very patient individual and understand I am not the only one with problems in game.

I recognize that I am not the only individual with issues, nor do I think the world revolves around me. I do, however, believe some form of contact from the team should have occurred regarding my ticket, rather than letting it simmer in their queue. Everyone else has been pretty helpful, but here you come white-knighting for them refusing to acknowledge that slow response on support is an actual issue.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:17 AM, Iorail said:

This is the second person I see with Windows pro having the same issue, try running the launcher in admin mode, that is what fixed the other person’s issue @Kyllian

I'll give it another shot, thanks.

59 minutes ago, ToothlessRaider said:

as to the OP
image.png.c2b30d9887db29a7bc4d47a4da59c771.png

I got a reply on discords so you might wanna try there.  GL

Thanks for catching that, I had quit paying attention to the discord.

6 minutes ago, Kyllian said:

I recognize that I am not the only individual with issues, nor do I think the world revolves around me. I do, however, believe some form of contact from the team should have occurred regarding my ticket, rather than letting it simmer in their queue. Everyone else has been pretty helpful, but here you come white-knighting for them refusing to acknowledge that slow response on support is an actual issue.

Not white knighting.  Just stating that I had zero issues.   If you consider that white knighting then one of us has a very different definition of white knight.

I also talked directly to them in discord and got a response in a few minutes.  

@Kyllian @ToothlessRaider @LouHodo
The current waiting queue for the Customer Support is exceptional and temporary

The Customer Support had a decent response time in Alpha (around 48-72 hours). However, the surge of requests exploded with Beta Launch, and we are currently scaling up our Customer Support team to catch up with the amount of requests. Please be patient. If you have no answer yet, it's not because the Customer Support doesn't want to answer you. It's just that there are way too many tickets to handle each of them as quickly as the team would like. 

On a side note, this forum has rules: insults, provocations & flaming are not tolerated.

I will put the posts above on the (understandable) frustration, but if this continues we will moderate without further notice.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:02 AM, Kyllian said:

7 Days for an outstanding ticket is absurd and horrible support for the community, there is no reasonable excuse for this.

You're dreaming if you think 7 days is absurd. 

Do you have an agreed SLA with the company in writing?

48 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

The Customer Support had a decent response time in Alpha (around 48-72 hours). However, the surge of requests exploded with Beta Launch, and we are currently scaling up our Customer Support team to catch up with the amount of requests. Please be patient. If you have no answer yet, it's not because the Customer Support doesn't want to answer you. It's just that there are way too many tickets to handle each of them as quickly as the team would like. 

On a side note, this forum has rules: insults, provocations & flaming are not tolerated.

I will put the posts above on the (understandable) frustration, but if this continues we will moderate without further notice.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks for the response and explanation.

1 hour ago, Fendalton said:

You're dreaming if you think 7 days is absurd. 

Do you have an agreed SLA with the company in writing?

If you are referring to my current employment in the IT support industry, yes. All tickets of Normal priority must be responded to within 12 hours, solution or not. High - 6 hours, Urgent - 4 hours.

So yes, 7 days (now 13 days) without a response is utterly absurd.

But, I have my answer now. If moderators wish to close this thread, please feel free.