Resources

Cainon

Just now, le_souriceau said:

Well, not exactly true, because while silver present technicaly, its hard to find it in SZ, and % go slimmer every day.

Okey you have a point, i didn't mine silver last week - so it should be slimmer now that I remember. But my point about market still stand. The moment you have warp - you don't care about lack of resource in safe zone. 

54 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

You didn't play the game before release and now all high tier ores are gone?Clearly your fault. 

Well that is quite an positive and constructive post. So everyone who has not started playing the game right now should be "blamed" for not playing it earlier. That is a statement that would eventually kill the game as new players will just not be able to play the game the way they wanted to play it.

So not playing the game earlier is not my fault but my choice, a choice which I took without knowing the consequences of the so said "late" choice, same for the comment not using the market. It is not my fault but it is my choice. The game advertises all types of gameplay but eventually some does not seem viable currently.

But generally you miss the point somehow of my email. I try to highlight some issues the game might have and which new players might encounter.

The major one is that some moons/destinations are actually without any use currently. Why would anyone go to a moon that is more than 10% claimed and 99% (?) farmed of its rich resources? Basically it is useless content currently and if NQ does not do anything about it, they will stay useless "forever" somehow.

44 minutes ago, Elrood said:

The only resource you need to make warp which is not present in safe zone currently is petalite. Buy it on the market? 70h per liter last time i checked. You don't need much of it. Than you have warp capability and you don't care if planet is in or out of safe zone. 

Sounds like a good advice.

Thanks

On 12/15/2018 at 2:06 AM, Supermega said:

Exact quote from J.C. Ballie "For Alioth which is 65km in radius, you can gather a team of 1000 players, working 8 hours a day nonstop weekend included, and it would take you 19 years to get 1% of the planet"

Ahahahaha .... all ore will be gone in a matter of a few months. The high tier ore is already almost completely gone. Everywhere. And the game is not even released yet, lol.

Just one more case of developers underestimating players.

11 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Ahahahaha .... all ore will be gone in a matter of a few months. The high tier ore is already almost completely gone. Everywhere. And the game is not even released yet, lol.

I am not sure they are talking about resources here but just to mine away the planet, including non valuable terrain. So basically to mine the planet away :)... but I might be wrong on this. Ressources on Alioth are really still plentyfull but since you do not find all resources you need to travel to other moons/planets.

31 minutes ago, Ochiniwa said:

I am not sure they are talking about resources here but just to mine away the planet, including non valuable terrain. So basically to mine the planet away :)... but I might be wrong on this. Ressources on Alioth are really still plentyfull but since you do not find all resources you need to travel to other moons/planets.

I AM talking about other moons/planets. The high tier ores are already depleted, almost completely. You can still find a bit of Tier 4 (very little) or Tier 3, but other TIer 4 and 5 .... nah, gone.

30 minutes ago, Ochiniwa said:

Ressources on Alioth are really still plentyfull but since you do not find all resources you need to travel to other moons/planets.

Actually you do. You need tier 1 only to have usable ship.
Tier 2 is required to have good ship. And finally warp is tier 3 ore.

Just now, sHuRuLuNi said:

I AM talking about other moons/planets. The high tier ores are already depleted, almost completely. You can still find a bit of Tier 4 (very little) or Tier 3, but other TIer 4 and 5 .... nah, gone.

I'm unaware for any real use of tier4+ beside honeycomb currently? 

4 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

>> JC said a team of 1000 miners would take 19 years to mine 1%....

JC also said it would take months to get to space.

Let's be generous and say 2 months (minimum required to become plural).

Actual time to space was, I believe somewhere in the order of 20 to 30 minutes for the first space goer.
let's again be generous and say 30.....

It should have taken (according to JC) 24 hours a day for 2 months of 30 days is 1440 hours to reach space...  It took 1/2...
That's a mistake factor of 2880 or nearly 3000...

If we apply that level of JC-level-brokenness to ore consumption, we can say 1900 years / 2880   =   2/3 of a year or 8 months for a team of 1000 to mine out alloth completely...

Yeah, I know I'm just having a lark, but still. this game is NOT going the way JC naïvely thought it would.

He needs to pull not just one, but 2880 rabbits out of a very big hat to keep this game working as intended for as long as he intended, at this rate.

--EDIT: Added an underline under the joking bit for clarity ?

On 12/15/2018 at 2:06 AM, Supermega said:

Exact quote from J.C. Ballie "For Alioth which is 65km in radius, you can gather a team of 1000 players, working 8 hours a day nonstop weekend included, and it would take you 19 years to get 1% of the planet" Source: Nation Fusion Youtube - J.C. Ballie Interview timestap: 33:44

@GraXXoR you would probably want to know - he talked about digging whole planet out. Including snow, dirt, sand..... Everything. @Supermega already misunderstood him. That number is irrelevant to mining out all resources.?‍♂️

Edit: removed comment about misunderstood part. Whoopsie. 

On 12/14/2018 at 12:45 PM, blazemonger said:

Players that come to the game at a later stage (once the game actually gets going) will also find materials much more readily available on markets and can find opportunities working for more established players initially. It's not unlikely IMO that after some time there really is no need to go mining to get started at all.

You dont really have to now, made one or two nodes to get a start, then you dont have to mine again......

11 minutes ago, Elrood said:

@GraXXoR you would probably want to know - he talked about digging whole planet out. Including snow, dirt, sand..... Everything. @Supermega already misunderstood him. That number is irrelevant to mining out all resources.?‍♂️ 

While i agree that he isn't that good with estimating what playerbase can do - your argument for it is laughable. 

So it's going to me MUCH shorter to just dig out the ores, then.. Thanks... That's what I was trying to show... Excellent.

Dude. I was having a lark and literally said so right in my post. But whatever, feel free to get testy, no one will stop you.

6 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

Dude. I was having a lark and literally said so right in my post. But whatever, feel free to get testy, no one will stop you.

Hey man, i'm not english native, never heard "lark" before ; )
Well, we learn something new every day :P

@Elrood I did not miss understand anything. You are the one who miss understood.

First of all I never said anything about mining... Mining and Crafting was not even in the game at that point in Pre-Alpha.

Also, I quoted what J.C. himself said, so if you have issue with the statement, you can take that up with the CEO who was the one who made that statement.

Point Being, is that during per-alpha everything was usable as a building material, you didn't need to mine specific ore. So the statement was correct based on the mechanics at the time.

6 hours ago, Supermega said:

@Elrood I did not miss understand anything. You are the one who miss understood.

First of all I never said anything about mining... Mining and Crafting was not even in the game at that point in Pre-Alpha.

Also, I quoted what J.C. himself said, so if you have issue with the statement, you can take that up with the CEO who was the one who made that statement.

Point Being, is that during per-alpha everything was usable as a building material, you didn't need to mine specific ore. So the statement was correct based on the mechanics at the time.

You are 100% right, i completely misread what you wrote and the context you wrote it in. 

Lol this post ages well. Alioth will be ok for a little while longer. 

Thades is relatively untouched around the highlands because of the difficult in hauling on the low atmosphere.

Maddis is getting stripped bare. Theres a lot of active orgs on maddis, and nickle is essential for heavier medals. Sodium does not have much use other than fuel and catalysts.  My friends and I have probably mined roughly 1000 kl in nickle in over a week, and other orgs have probably done so much more. We have mone out so many mega nodes, and still have more than a dozen locked down. Maddis will be swiss cheese by spring.

Gold is all but extinct  on the outerworlds because of its PVP use. 

Tier 1 ores will be the only thing left shortly.

I wonder if the ores will last longer than people’s desire to continue playing. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s starting to feel a bit burned out...

I think my infatuation with the game is over. Recently been struggling to find motivation even to log in. 

will be even less fun when mining for scraps left behind. 

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I’m sure I’m not the o ly ien who’s starting to feel a bit burned out...

Well, not only one, indeed.

Reasons obviously quite different for people (including exotic personal ones), but overall I have this a bit of creeping feeling, that game turned not exactly many hyped in their fantasies, waiting it. Not even strictly in tech sense.

Whole civilization-building aspect materialized quite meh way (to be crystally honest). Connections between people very weak (not stimulated by gameplay). Many orgs are "boring" and not producing any content or even interesting statement/conflict into wider world -- just another half-dozen or dozen guys who mining, building another factory, pile of boxes and some ships (sometimes fancy). I'm not saying it out of negativity, more of sadness.

And I probably can go even futher into anti-establishment heresy, but in way, while I immensly respect guys in disign/tech groups who actualy produce content into wider world and for their dedication to project (and helping it to live) and all artistic contribution... yet I have this strange disturbing feeling of them being in my sick head some sort of symbols of stagnation? 

Like I firing up DU, and see all this "look at my super-fancy-ship that...", "i build ship that can fly ass up with 1000 kt of cargo and play on piano", "look at my base, coming up good"...

I like OMG guys, its great, but when something INTERESTING happens at last!

Most probably, my personal reason of bit of burning up (not terminal yet), that I being minecrafter ironicly, probably hate to see DU degrading into "Landmark in space" and sooner it goes futher, better.

I don't see much civilisation building yet...  One reason, is that Ironically, I think the claim sizes are actually too big. So big that one does not need to cooperate with a neigbour.
The complete independence of these systems, requiring no power and no water to function and no arable land for food means there is no value intrinsic to each hex... unlike what seems to be suggested in the video showing the two countries colliding in "Now We Fight" trailer.

Why fight for permanent territory, since once it's mined out, it has only vague value and a single, 1km hex can fit more buildings on it than any org would actually need?
The lack of need for permanent installations and protection of assets makes this issue all the worse.
Moreover, the fact that skills stop at Level 5, making one a complete expert in a skill in ~21 days regardless of gameplay, creates an "every man is an island" type players.

I already have an alt that has pretty much skilled up every crafting and many industry skills to L3. Basically, he can pretty much build and craft anything in a factory with a serious boost

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

... "every man is an island" type players.

Yep, this is key observation.

And I think its a bit more to this than disign of tiles, skills, economy or pvp zones (that obviously important contributors) -- is kinda tragedy that most people missing in their talks about game. 

When all started for wider community in 2016, place was very alive with hype, ambition and interesting personalities, that offered ideas (if not good -- at least entertaining!). Like even such cringy (and doomed) affair as TU, in way was much more... advanced level of civilization, then most of things we having today. But with game delayed, and many bright active people tired of waiting and left... And even when game started to take shape -- obviously much more modest way, then anticipated -- whole fire mostly went out.  Then Alpha with wipe after wipe and painfuly slow progress. More dissapoinments. Last straw -- community site gone dark for stupidly long time, severing last lifeline to orgs to go fun and external with their affairs.

So sneakly (and in twisted way) DU suffered kinda of societal collapse before it all even begun (because it burned out already long ago).

Direct presentation of this can be seen during Beta start. With rare exeptions, organizational landscape remained quite same as before (if not in raw stats, but obviously in spirit). We seen very little revival of some old rotten husks of orgs (obviously).

Groups that really survived are mostly of very particular breed -- more or less isolationist "clans" (both pvp and pve) with iron cores of old super-fans, who stayed with game no matter what. And combination of this entities (generaly unintentionaly) generate this aura of island choking staleness. And again its not even lack of PvP, its kinda "tired" soul of community, that not yet re-ingited with some drive.

Is there is hope? Sure, all we need some very potent catalyzer (or combo of them) NQ need to not muck up for change.