Great maintenance but cannot play anymore since

Aaron Cain

Is it your installation? Your PC? Your account? Location withing DU? Try it with the free Geforce Now account and see if it still crashes... If not. Uninstall DU completely and reinstall.

You also might want to run a commandline as and Administrator and run "SFC /scannow" to see if your Windows installation isn't f-ed up...

I just started DU and it runs fine...

I have one old Intel PC that DU toasted the cpu on a few years back. That crashes every 15 minutes to 1 hour. 
my main machine crashes less than once per day. 

Usually I can force a crash if I log on to DU on a second PC with the same credentials while still logged on with the first PC. 
It used to gracefully disconnect both, but since the last “update” both machines pop up bugsplat. 

let’s see what tomorrow’s “update” brings. 

I usually have a stable connection, but occasionally I will crash and then have repeated immediate crashes. I am able to connect to websites so it looks like I have a good connnection, but if I ping -t google and watch, I’m getting higher than average packet loss. I suspect DU is intolerant of packet loss, and the problem is actually your isp lacking on you.

On 12/12/2022 at 4:59 PM, Hecticus said:

I usually have a stable connection, but occasionally I will crash and then have repeated immediate crashes. I am able to connect to websites so it looks like I have a good connnection, but if I ping -t google and watch, I’m getting higher than average packet loss. I suspect DU is intolerant of packet loss, and the problem is actually your isp lacking on you.

ping your gateway as well before blaming the ISP

Yes, there could be devices in your local network causing issues.  1000% more probable if you have WiFi, even if your PC is directly wired.  There are also router viruses to watch for. 

Edit:  "1000%" == hyperbole for effect. 

Edited by Wyndle
See, hyperbole can be used for good too.

1 hour ago, Wyndle said:

Yes, there could be devices in your local network causing issues.  1000% more probable if you have WiFi, even if your PC is directly wired.  There are also router viruses to watch for. 

Edit:  "1000%" == hyperbole for effect. 

See, hyperbole can be used for good too.

So you’re saying I use it for evil?? I am insulted, we shall duel!  

oh, not implemented, nm.

Edited by Hecticus