Jump to content

I'm completely frozen on how to play until I know more about the server wipe.


Recommended Posts

Does anyone else feel this way? How the heck am I supposed to know what to do / how to spend my time without knowing exactly what will be permanent or completely ripped away? I've tried to be patient, but it's been 3 months since Novaquark dropped this weird bombshell suggestion with zero details. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't plan on playing until after release or after a wipe. Plenty of other games to play in the meantime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep. There's not much reason to play until then. 

 

Which means NQ gets little testing, even as they make fairly sweeping changes.

 

I would think that this was the last major change before they finally wipe, so maybe it will come this week. Thursdays are popular patch days...

 

More delay won't help them, it'll only give them less time to actually find bugs and make balance "fixes" for release, since so few people are playing in the meantime (and those that are still playing won't value things the same way, since they suspect that their stuff isn't permanent)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will they have atmo pvp ever? If they do it's gonna be such a drastic change who knows what will happen. Something like that is usually reserved for the alpha stages of game development....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep completely in limbo. Just logging in to maintain skills and pay taxes. I did spend the night two weeks ago showing a friend how to asteroid mine. And how to build a cheap ship to mine it. It almost drew me back in. But then I remembered about the announcement of a wipe maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently only one person from our org of nearly 50 still plays, so I'd be confident in saying, "no, you're not alone."

I've been playing NMS, Star Citizen, Stellaris and am thinking of getting back into Elite Dangerous now that they have sorted out the Odyssey "issues".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 7:45 PM, Jinxed said:

Apparently only one person from our org of nearly 50 still plays, so I'd be confident in saying, "no, you're not alone."

I've been playing NMS, Star Citizen, Stellaris and am thinking of getting back into Elite Dangerous now that they have sorted out the Odyssey "issues".

Not a bad idea... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know why NQ has no sense of urgency. 

 

They keep changing things, but don't bother to engage their beta testers and give them a reason to play.

 

By the time release comes around, there will be a ton of changes untested at any sort of scale or with any real context. As anyone with experience will know, release greatly magnifies the number of bugs and issues you'll find. Even a great beta test doesn't find everything, but it helps. 

 

This isn't a good beta test...it's probably one of the worst in the history of gaming between having to pay for a sub, NQ sabotaging the will to test by refusing to discuss persistence, lack of customer engagement, and saving the worst phase of beta testing until the most critical time that testing is needed.  

 

Of course, this is likely the CTO's first release of any software (NQ is their first engineering job other than a 4 month internship)...so it's possible that they literally don't understand how release will work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, StarfordRaffles said:

Does anyone else feel this way? How the heck am I supposed to know what to do / how to spend my time without knowing exactly what will be permanent or completely ripped away? I've tried to be patient, but it's been 3 months since Novaquark dropped this weird bombshell suggestion with zero details. 

 

I sorta get what you are saying. Knowing that there will likely be some form of reset, I have been preparing by making BPs for getting started. The fact that we are at this point of development and we still have not locked in the collision detect for flight elements and HC weight is really frustrating though. I don't even finish fixing ships from one change before another one comes down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Deathknight said:

I don’t even finish fixing ships from one change before another one comes down.

This is far more frustrating to me than not knowing when/ how the wipe will happen. That said, it is beta I guess. Do your worst. 
 

edited to add: I too would like to see the Bandaid  come off and a stable feature set so we can all carry on. Till then I’m building anyway. Nothing is permanent.

Edited by Hecticus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, StarfordRaffles said:

WTF Happened to JC?

 

Still listed as: 

Founder

Novaquark
Jan 2014 - Present · 8 yrs 8 mos

 

His hobbies include liking content posted by NovaQuark or its CEO.

 

Otherwise, we'll likely never know how involved he is day-to-day...but I'd guess not very. And to be fair, JC's first job in game dev was also NovaQuark, so I wouldn't say he is more qualified. 

Edited by blundertwink
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2022 at 8:03 PM, StarfordRaffles said:

Does anyone else feel this way?

Yep! Pretty much in that state since the 14th of April... As others have stated, for now I've mostly moved on, I did prepay for a year+, so it's not asif my accounts get 'cleaned'. Whether I get back after the wipe or not we'll just have to see... If NQ can weather the storm for that long...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, Cergorach said:

Yep! Pretty much in that state since the 14th of April... As others have stated, for now I've mostly moved on, I did prepay for a year+, so it's not asif my accounts get 'cleaned'. Whether I get back after the wipe or not we'll just have to see... If NQ can weather the storm for that long...

I just don't see how the ambiguity can be helping in any way right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...