Disappointed NQ lack of help in fixing our City

Honvik

On 3/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, Honvik said:

We thought we were moving forward with NQ asking us to provide locations and owners of car in the territory we own as an org to be abruptly advised it is not possible.

You can see the owner of any construct by looking at it. 

If it is a org, you can open it in org search and check their members. 

Afterwards you can open a direct ingame chat with any of them.

It appears to me that you want something else from NQ. 

Do you want RL contact info? 

Do you want NQ to remove those constructs? 

NQ cant do neither of those. 

The rulea of RDMS were clear, you had all the info to predict this could happen. 

Your options now are:

Build in another place. 

Contact the owner and "negotiate" their construct removal. 

25 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You did attack his caracter instead of using counter arguments.... 

Ppl that got locked out of RDMS will lose their stuff. 

The reason NQ cannot make exceptions is because they have no way of investigating if that RDMS lock out was a mistake or a deliberate action from the superlegate.

Unless a bug is found and proven to be the reason for it. NQ should not intervene. 

Assuming bad actors exist and the system needs to take that into account is not "insulting anyone" 

lol yes, clearly attacked his character there lmao

you did read the second paragraph where I outlined my arguments do you?

so what's the game here then?

1) not doing anything and telling ppl to start new with a new org

2) not doing anything. That means ppl can NEVER ever even hope to get this situation resolved. So in fact, they're forced to do 1)

3) actually trying to get the data needed as support staff and resolve the situation

NQ maybe should not intervene in a single issue like removing some core.
But

they should finally solve the major issue after half a year

they could:

• disable overlap protection completely for cores on the planet surface (for space core this feature is still useful)

• reduce the size for the overlap protection zone to the actual size of the build zone

• allow the tileowner to ignore the overlap protection

• allow the tileowner to remove cores from his territory (so they are compacted into the core owners inventory)

• add a RDMS policy for TCU that disables the overlap protection

JUST ONE of this workarounds would solve the issue for most players/ orgs.
They just have to pick the one thats the easiest to do.

But since 6 months we are talking to a wall.

2/3 of our city territory is still unusable for already 6 months because of this.

31 minutes ago, Hachiro said:

NQ maybe should not intervene in a single issue like removing some core.
But

they should finally solve the major issue after half a year

they could:

• disable overlap protection completely for cores on the planet surface (for space core this feature is still useful)

• reduce the size for the overlap protection zone to the actual size of the build zone

• allow the tileowner to ignore the overlap protection

• allow the tileowner to remove cores from his territory (so they are compacted into the core owners inventory)

• add a RDMS policy for TCU that disables the overlap protection

JUST ONE of this workarounds would solve the issue for most players/ orgs.
They just have to pick the one thats the easiest to do.

But since 6 months we are talking to a wall.

2/3 of our city territory is still unusable for already 6 months because of this.

Exactly this- but nu uh, leaving you with no chance of ever resolving this issue is obviously "appropriate" for some here. 

Well said!

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

so what's the game here then?

Imagine this scenario:

You are a member of my org

I have a grudge against you. 

I kick you of the org

Then i open a ticket asking NQ to delete your base from my org's hex. 

I tell them i am unable to contact you and need that zone. Yet, i am perfectly able to contact you but i choose not to because i want you to lose your construct. 

What should NQ do? 

Ignore my delete request? 

Delete your base without any confirmation of my story? 

Become my personal secretary and mediate the dialog with you? 

Just look at the last few posts.
As I said, they should not try to help in situations like this.

(1. Its a 50-50 chance its getting abused, 2. its even impossible to assist all the issues)

But they can finally fix the major issue.

After 6 months.
So there would be no need anymore for this single case solutions.

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

What should NQ do? 

The same thing they should be doing automatically already.

Check to see when the owner of the construct was last in game.  If it's been long enough, maybe send out some kind of email informing them of what is about to happen, and what they can do to stop it, or what if anything will be recoverable if they don't do anything to stop it.

If they miss the email, and they do eventually come back to the game, they might be unhappy.

But as they saying goes "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Until the full system is in place, and all the rules are laid out, i don't think they should be deleting anything or allowing it to be salvaged.  For now they should just remove the constructs and leave magic blueprints in their inventory.

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Imagine this scenario:

I kick you of the org

I tell them i am unable to contact you and need that zone. Yet, i am perfectly able to contact you but i choose not to because i want you to lose your construct. 

What should NQ do? 

Compacting the player's base back to their inventory would be appropriate. A player doesn't have a right to have a base on someone else's tile and if you get kicked out of your org, that org is now someone else (other than you or your org).

Yes, fixing the underlying issues is better, but absent that, fixing the resulting CF on a case by case basis would be polite.

13 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Imagine this scenario:

I kick you of the org

What should NQ do? 

ridiculus example?

I am a member of your org

you have a grudge against me

You kick me from the org

You open a ticket asking NQ to delete my base from your org's hex

You tell them you're unable to contact me and you need that zone...

Well uhm, guess what genius - NQ can actually contact me! mind blown

so the logical consequence would be: ignore your delete request or resolve the situation with me in any other way (talking would be a start, but NQ doesnt do that)

edit: and guess what, noone needs to be a rocket scientist to come up with such scenarios  - that's why NQ would have NEEDED a way to deal with these kinds of things in the first place. They dont have that but that automatically means that support NEEDS to deal with that and not tell ppl to fuck off

2 hours ago, Lethys said:

Well uhm, guess what genius - NQ can actually contact me! mind blown

So, NQ becomes my secretary. 

It ia not garantied they will be able to contact you at the exact time they are resolving the ticket. 

You may be asleep, working, or on vacation. 

So NQ will have to schedule several contact attents. 

Just like a secretary. 

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

So, NQ becomes my secretary. 

It ia not garantied they will be able to contact you at the exact time they are resolving the ticket. 

You may be asleep, working, or on vacation. 

So NQ will have to schedule several contact attents. 

Just like a secretary. 

yes, because that's what support does. checking accusations and claims of ppl reporting them. and ofc coming back to you more than once. that's what you do in support.

If there is no response then simply compactify everything and put it in my inventory - boom, jobs done. but nu uh, fuck you is better support obviously

OMG guys, what you arguing about. Its quite clear.

1) make logical mechanical hierarchy who (what entities) can ovveride ownership;

2) when, via some timers of non-activity/subs end;

3) write clear and detailed rules about it, put some warnings in game, e-mail system to warn;

4) set it work automaticly! control bugs and unentended hard abuses;

0) make it so from start of live service!  

We even done this on amateur-unpaid-run MC servers without that much trouble, when dealing with territory ownership. All you need is clear head (1) and (1) semi-competent programmer who can establish semi-ok database. May even be same person.

2 hours ago, Lethys said:

and HOW exactly?

Because it becomes a full base to compact mechanism. 

"Need a full base transfered to another zone? With cargo included? Just give it to a friend and open a ticket saying he is AFK and you need to move his base... " 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Because it becomes a full base to compact mechanism. 

"Need a full base transfered to another zone? With cargo included? Just give it to a friend and open a ticket saying he is AFK and you need to move his base... " 

you do realize that NQ has all data right? they know when you log, for how long and with whom you interact (barter and inventory) wise. you do realize that they can check that easily?

so for that to happen you would need to give your base to a friend and then not log in for weeks

after some weeks, he then opens a support ticket and ask them to compactify it

after some weeks NQ support tried to contact you (and you dont log in at all in that time too), they compact the base and your friend can fly it to the new location

ok....seems...a bit far fetched.

Meanwhile, in reality where people think more than 5 seconds about something, NQ could come up with easy peasy mechanics to prevent that:

- make compacted BPs bound to planet / radius or much easier for NQ: drop it into a personal container in the safezone with unlimited capacity but only for those compacted bps (not abuseable as storage). then you have to manually transport the stuff from there.

- check all data (who logged in when and who gave what items to whom) for all involved parties and if they use this in that way then have a system in place which checks for if he logs back in again after the bp is compactified and rdms is switched or not. then slap them hard and make their base unuseable.

but you know, this is all useless. because NQ will not do anything about it for a long time and support doesnt care enough to help ppl resolve their issue. so all this talking is useless because such things would need to be done BEFORE you start a game, not afterwards. NQ made it pretty clear that you're fucked if this happens to you and there is nothing you or they can do to help you

7 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Meanwhile, in reality where people think more than 5 seconds about something, NQ could come up with easy peasy mechanics to prevent that:

True. But those are not in place right now.. 

What should NQ do "now" about the ticket?