System Requirments

Limoriden

anyone actually know the system requirements, i couldn't find an article about it. and i have a lowish-end computer and i want to know if i will be able to play it before i buy a gold or ruby rank.

Thanks for any answers - Limoriden

NQ has mentioned that currently high-end systems should be able to handle it, which would be closer to mid-range systems at the time of release.

You could also try the Unigine benchmarks to see how your system can handle the engine: https://unigine.com/en/products/benchmarks

I'll have to give the benchmark a try when I get home (currently remoted in so OpenGL is being absconded with) but here are my computer specs. I can run Star Citizen in its current incarnation fairly well. Not fantastic... so I'm wondering if I'll have some of the same difficulties. Four years old, almost five. Due for a new monitor at that. Still my baby.

Mobile Chassis:     MYTHLOGIC Nyx 5713 (Clevo P570WM)
Mobile Display:     17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Glossy 90% NTSC Color Gamut LED Backlit LCD (5713)
CPU:     Intel Core i7-3960X 3.30GHz, 2133MHz DDR3, 15MB Cache, Hex Core Processor
System Memory:     32GB (4 x 8GB) , PC3-12800, 1600MHz SODIMM Quad-core processors ONLY
Video Adapter:     2 x NVIDIA GTX 780M 4096MB GDDR5 DX11 Compliant Video Cards (Running in SLI)
Operating System:     Windows 10

Indeed. That was also back when GTX 980s in laptops were basically top end laptops. Things have improved since then, but I imagine that the laptop may have been of similar power to that of Darkarma.

So I expect most people to be able to play it fairly well. Also, they probably have optimized a bit for the alpha since E3 and PAX last year.

So high hopes! You should have some hope of running it when it comes out in release, or at least getting a new PC by then(It's going to be a long wait)

Mobile Chassis:     MYTHLOGIC Nyx 5713 (Clevo P570WM)

Mobile Display:     17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Glossy 90% NTSC Color Gamut LED Backlit LCD (5713)

CPU:     Intel Core i7-3960X 3.30GHz, 2133MHz DDR3, 15MB Cache, Hex Core Processor

System Memory:     32GB (4 x 8GB) , PC3-12800, 1600MHz SODIMM Quad-core processors ONLY

Video Adapter:     2 x NVIDIA GTX 780M 4096MB GDDR5 DX11 Compliant Video Cards (Running in SLI)

Operating System:     Windows 10

I'm not an expert of mobile stuff, but I'd say you'll have no problems. SC doesn't really compare because mostly uses GPU, while Du should be heavy on CPU.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I remembered that Unigine (DU's game engine) has benchmarking software. So even though we don't know the exact specs, you can try out you rig with the engine at various settings. I recommend this one: https://benchmark.unigine.com/valley?lang=en

As to your setup, I don't think you'll have any issues running it. 

Your specs arent to far off from mine. My computer was high end 5 years ago with a slight update last year. 

I can run most games pretty good, so long as Im not running multiple videos and games on the 5 monitors. 

I was going to be building a new comp last year, but I held off. I plan to see how it performs the Alpha game to get an idea of what I will really need. And at the end of this year build a computer that can handle it. And in reality, even alpha wont be the best indicator for spec requirements. It wont be until beta that we have a good idea of that. 

Does anyone know how many threads Unigine can support? I would assume DU will open it to however many threads your computer can support so long as the engine an handle it. 

Hi Eliza,

Thank you for reaching out to us!
The system requirements aren't mentioned anywhere yet because they are not completely finalized.
We can however give a rough guess of the specs required for the Alpha (which will be above the specs of the official release, as the game will be far from being completely optimized):
Recommanded Specs for Alpha:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent
- Graphics Card: nvidia GTX 970 or above (with at least 4 Go of DDR5 or above on the Graphics Card)
- RAM: at least 16 Go.
- Hard Drive: SSD with at least 200 Go capacity
- Space available on Hard Drive: at least 60 Go.

Keep in mind this is a rough guess and not at all final spec requirements.